Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 5, 2013, 01:58:19 PM

Default SSB 3DS/Wii U Discussion

With E3 coming up, I think making a thread for this would be a good idea. The official game title will most likely be revealed during E3, so I'll change the thread title when that time comes. Being a big fan of the series, I was seriously disappointed when nothing was revealed about SSB4 during E3 of last year.

This year, however, I've heard news that more details will be revealed including a few newcomers and fighting concepts. If anyone wants to speculate about which characters, items, or fighting mechanics that will be in the new game, feel free to give your opinions.
Old June 5, 2013, 03:44:26 PM
Administrator

I'm pretty sure we're going to be getting seriously teased about it this year. I don't know how, but Nintendo is always devious.
Old June 5, 2013, 05:32:33 PM
Zoroark

It seems very likely Zoroark will be added to the roster. I don't think Zoroark will replace Lucario because their movesets would be nothing alike. For an X and Y rep, I'd say they could bring back Mewtwo and have him changeable into his new form. They could redo Mewtwo's moveset to make him a little more useful and different from Lucario. This is very unlikely, but if Gallade is in the roster I will go crazy because Gallade is my favorite Pokémon! I also get the feeling that Pokémon Trainer will be replaced in favor of a different trainer such as Hilda/Hibert and the 3 Gen 5 starters (My guess is that it'd be either Snivy, Dewott, and Emobar or because Oshawott is so popular Osahwott, Servine, and Emboar). It's pretty likely that other gen 5 pokémon (and maybe even gen 6) will be added as Pokéball Pokémon. The most likely to become one that I can guess right now would be Victini, Reshiram, or Zekrom.

As for non-Pokémon characters, King K.Rool, Ghirahim, Krystal, Mega Man, and Little Mac seem very likely to make it in due to how many fans that want them and they all seem like they'd be great additions. I get the feeling Wolf will be cut due to having a copy paste moveset from Fox and Falco. I don't think Falco will be cut because he made the cut from Melee to Brawl, so if he could do that than I think Falco is here to stay. I also think Sonic and Snake will be saying bye-bye because Mr.Sakurai said he wants to cut down on third-party characters, so that probably means there'll only be one in the roster, and seeing that Namco Bandai is co-developing the game and the fact that he hinted at a Capcom character making an appearance in the game, I think either Pac-Man or Mega Man will make it. Maybe both. I think HAL will keep Toon Link because of the Wind Waker remake for the Wii U and the fact that there isn't really anything that could replace him except for Young Link, but Toon Link is a well-liked character among the Smash community so I think Toon Link's staying for at least one more game. I don't want Ike to get cut because of how useful he is. I think all HAL will do with the Fire Emblem reps is just add 1 more, which would most likely be Roy, Lyn, or Chrom.
I get the feeling King K. Rool will be the god tier character of SSB4 if he gets in because he'd be heavy, fast, and a hard hitter. He'd give Meta Knight a good run for his bits that's for sure.

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; June 5, 2013 at 05:44:33 PM. Reason: I had more to add
Old June 5, 2013, 07:56:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I'm pretty sure we're going to be getting seriously teased about it this year. I don't know how, but Nintendo is always devious.
If that happens, I will literally go outside and record myself doing the Caramelldansen dance. (which should be embarrassing...)

So Nintendo, PLEASE GIVE US NEWS.
Old June 5, 2013, 09:06:58 PM
Regigigas

I hope megaman sneaks in there and many other epic characters who need a turn
Old June 5, 2013, 09:39:32 PM
Kyurem

Yeah get RYU from street fighter in there he'll be awsome to use. [hes the only street fighter im good with]
Old June 5, 2013, 09:43:14 PM
Administrator

One big thing to consider before speculating on characters from non-Nintendo franchises: how difficult would it be to acquire the license to use the characters? Pretty much anything that belongs to Sony (such as featured characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale) or Microsoft (unless they pull out of gaming), or anything that belongs to anyone who has exclusive agreements with either company, has practically zero chance of being included.
Old June 6, 2013, 03:51:49 AM
Rayquaza

^ This

I'm seriously annoyed by how many characters some people want in the game regardless of how well they'd probably fit in and obvious overcrowding.

We don't need more then at least 25 characters tops, because it becomes way to crowded then it should be.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 6, 2013 at 12:17:54 PM.
Old June 7, 2013, 01:45:45 PM
Giratina

Quote:
One big thing to consider before speculating on characters from non-Nintendo franchises: how difficult would it be to acquire the license to use the characters? Pretty much anything that belongs to Sony (such as featured characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale) or Microsoft (unless they pull out of gaming), or anything that belongs to anyone who has exclusive agreements with either company, has practically zero chance of being included.
Well, when it comes to Megaman, Capcom has made a few Megaman games for Nintendo systems in recent history (not just NES and SNES games either. I'm talking more like GameCube and Wii), so while not entirely possible for Megaman to be in SSB4, it's not entirely improbable either. This also applies to Zero.

I wonder if any of the Assist Trophy characters will come back as playable characters. Little Mac, Waluigi, Isaac (from Golden Sun), Lyn (Fire Emblem), Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid), and even Ray Mk II (Custom Robo) could definitely be playable characters. Maybe even Kat and Ana from Wario Ware could be playable if they played similar to Ice Climbers. There would have to be some minor changes, but if I heard correctly, Nintendo has been developing SSB4 since they completed Kid Icarus: Uprising, so they have plenty of time to finish whatever it is they need to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
We don't need more then at least 25 characters tops, because it becomes way to crowded then it should be.
So basically Super Smash Bros. Melee 2?

Last edited by Quadcentruo; June 7, 2013 at 01:47:38 PM.
Old June 7, 2013, 04:55:50 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
So basically Super Smash Bros. Melee 2?
Why not? Some of there characters in Brawl still were slightly repetitive clones of each other.
Old June 9, 2013, 12:01:38 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Why not? Some of there characters in Brawl still were slightly repetitive clones of each other.
Because we already had Melee. Releasing another Melee would be like releasing remakes of Pokémon games without any sort of after game additions or additions of other generations - just a graphical update with nothing new.
Old June 9, 2013, 12:04:53 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Because we already had Melee. Releasing another Melee would be like releasing remakes of Pokémon games without any sort of after game additions or additions of other generations - just a graphical update with nothing new.
Just because it'll have the same amount of characters doesn't mean it'd be the same game.
Old June 9, 2013, 12:37:13 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Just because it'll have the same amount of characters doesn't mean it'd be the same game.
True, but it doesn't meant that the game would be better.
Old June 9, 2013, 01:21:56 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
True, but it doesn't meant that the game would be better.
It won't make the game worse either.
Old June 11, 2013, 11:17:08 AM
Rayquaza

Detailed gameplay video

Old June 11, 2013, 11:28:36 AM
Giratina

This screenshot pretty much sums up my reaction to seeing the trailers.

The Wii Fit trainer was certainly unexpected, too. I like the start of her introduction video!

Last edited by Ningamer; June 12, 2013 at 12:18:18 AM. Reason: Quit being such an ass, Cat. It's a ****ing screenshot of Skype, get over it.
Old June 11, 2013, 11:29:59 AM
Rayquaza

I think her presence in the game is freaking hilarious.
Old June 11, 2013, 11:34:13 AM
Volcarona

I didn't see Yoshi for once in this trailer, makes me wonder if he got booted or is now an unlockable character... oooor if he just didn't happen to be in this fabulous trailer. But the Wii Fit character, obviously the best character of all. That made me chuckle, I wonder how she will play like.... "YOGA ATTACK AHOIII!" That's all that comes to mind. Im' not a fan of the new additional characters revealed so far, Megaman and the Animal Crossing guy. Hope to see a better roster of charterers as we inch closer to 2014!
Old June 11, 2013, 11:35:17 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
I didn't see Yoshi for once in this trailer, makes me wonder if he got booted or is now an unlockable character... oooor if he just didn't happen to be in this fabulous trailer. But the Wii Fit character, obviously the best character of all. That made me chuckle, I wonder how she will play like.... "YOGA ATTACK AHOIII!" That's all that comes to mind. Im' not a fan of the new additional characters revealed so far, Megaman and the Animal Crossing guy. Hope to see a better roster of charterers as we inch closer to 2014!
I personally like the look of the Villager. Also I wonder of any Pikmin characters will be in it. I hope so, I liked Olimar.
Old June 11, 2013, 11:48:58 AM
Keldeo

Just watched the bit before E3 and I'm excited about the inclusion of Megaman into the mix, though I don't know what to make of the Wii Fit trainer so far.
Old June 11, 2013, 12:09:14 PM
Shaymin

Wii Fit Trainer!!! Omg yes!

Okay all my little joking aside. I'm okay with this character list. (With the exception of lack of Yoshi's so far) I'm intrigued on how many characters this one will have. (If more than Brawl that is.

I am also curious whether or not Snake or Sonic will still be included.
I mean, I can see Sonic still being in since he is doing some exclusive Wii U titles. But Snake is iffy.....
Old June 11, 2013, 01:43:52 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
Likely they're just reavealing an initial set of characters like they did for Brawl. Remember when characters like Donkey Kong and Fox weren't shown in the initial 2006 trailer for Brawl?

Also, MegaMan in Smash Bros. I can hear the joyous cries of MegaMan fans already, and honestly, I can't blame them. Next to Sonic, the Super Fighting Robot was probably a shoe-in for the Smash series, seeing as he was primarily on Nintendo consoles up until the era of CD Games. It's really nice to see him in Smash, especially with the arsenal he's packing. The Wii Fit Trainer, however, I find a strange choice, though she may be the next Non-Sequitor character of the game.

I'm also somewhat impressed with the styles they're shooting for, the 3DS Version looks cel-shaded in comparison to the Wii U's HD Graphics, and even then, said HD isn't as dark in detail as Brawl was, instead, using basic colors that on some characters really make them pop out.
Old June 11, 2013, 05:27:31 PM
Haxorus

I'm a little surprised by the revealed roster choice so far, mainly because I wouldn't choose them for the first trailer. But hey, it's their game, they do what they want with it. Mega Man is definitely an A+ Five gold stars from me, though. I'm happy to see how it looks so far, however I know this means that the hype will be dragged across the floor ever so slowly and painfully until launch, just because those greedy scumbags can(Seriously HAL, not even thinking about how I feel...). But in all seriousness, I'm glad they brought back the dojo, this is going to be one heck of a ride for this game, and it seems they're on the right track.... spirit track!(Get it, because the tracks is one of the stages? XDXDXDXDXD Okay I'll just leave now)
Old June 12, 2013, 05:09:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondEdge View Post
I'm also somewhat impressed with the styles they're shooting for, the 3DS Version looks cel-shaded in comparison to the Wii U's HD Graphics, and even then, said HD isn't as dark in detail as Brawl was, instead, using basic colors that on some characters really make them pop out.
The graphical styles of each version look very good - The graphics on the 3DS version look more detailed than even Melee, and what they're doing with the outlines of the characters is a really good idea to make the action easier to see on a smaller screen. My only gripe is that they might be shooting for too much detail in the 3DS version. When a texture gets scaled down too much by either porting or an awkward camera angle it doesn't look very nice, and since fights tend to be viewed quite zoomed out I feel that it might not look great.

The Wii U version looks beautiful, though; I like the style that they're going for. While you may not be able to see the individual denim stitches on Mario's dungarees any more, the slightly more cartoony style is perfect for Nintendo's characters, and it will make them look much more crisp and colourful rendered in 1080p. I can't wait!

(P.S. Link looks damn sexy in this game.)
Old June 12, 2013, 05:28:50 AM
Rayquaza

So the website is up I feel so nostalgic having it in my bookmarks for the first time in five years.
Old June 12, 2013, 06:18:04 AM
Zoroark

So Balloon Fighter was also in the trailer, which raises the question as to if he's on the roster or is just an assist trophy. I think it's safe to say Balloon Fighter will be playable, especially because Sakurai mentioned that he wanted more retro characters in the next game. Since Final Smashes are back and Samus was using her's in the trailer, I wonder if Zero Suit Samus will return? They didn't show her with regular Samus so maybe not sadly.
Old June 12, 2013, 06:23:20 AM
Rayquaza

I thought when they showed balloon fighter it was villager
Old June 12, 2013, 07:15:16 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
I thought when they showed balloon fighter it was villager
Wait a minute... you might be right because Balloon Fighter doesn't have a "1" on his shirt because the part where I thought I saw Balloon fighter he had a shirt with a 1 on it, just like the Villager. Sakurai DID say the Villager can grab any item, so maybe he took Balloon Fighter's Balloons and helmet or something... it's still possible we'll see him in though!
Old June 12, 2013, 07:20:59 AM
Giratina

That's definitely not Balloon Fighter as a playable character - Either an item or maybe Villager's recovery move. I really don't want to see another old franchise with one notable game to return again this time; Sure, the new Kid Icarus game was awesome, but Ice Climbers just need to go.
Old June 13, 2013, 02:06:29 PM
Rayquaza

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205176

So apparently both games will be released on different days, the 3DS one is having problems.
Old June 13, 2013, 02:37:47 PM

Luckily it's just the 3DS version. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more concern if there were problems with the Wii U version instead.

Heck, one of the reason I'm getting a Wii U is for this game.
Old June 13, 2013, 03:35:49 PM
Administrator

"No DLC plans"

Yet. DLC actually would be cool for this game to add new characters or stages, but it'd get weird if you play with someone without the DLC, not to mention it could get expensive.

Those titles are kind of boring. *renames thread*

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 13, 2013 at 03:36:57 PM.
Old June 14, 2013, 10:35:04 PM
Charizard

Quote:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205176

So apparently both games will be released on different days, the 3DS one is having problems.
I can understand that, really. The 3DS Version is practically a scaled down version of the Wii U version, with entirely different stages and quite possibly, other aspects. Ironing out the engine for use on the handheld equivalent COULD prove troublesome.
Old June 14, 2013, 11:11:16 PM
Regigigas

IT'S A MEGAMAN!!!! Aww yeah who called I did! I knew he would be in it! Also Villager and wii fit trainer are characters witch seem pretty cool. And dem graphics are nice! This game is making me want a wii U so since my birthday is comin up I think I know what I want!

Last edited by john-li; June 14, 2013 at 11:11:51 PM.
Old June 19, 2013, 11:38:25 AM
Kyurem

I am hoping that there will be a story mode in this game, like they did in the last SSB game. It was really fun and a good way to unlock new characters.
Old June 19, 2013, 12:03:16 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNintendo
for 3DS, they're struggling with how to accommodate characters that incorporate more than one fighter, such as the Ice Climbers
Characters? With an s? Could this mean we could be seeing another duo-type character in SSB4 (I know Olimar probably qualifies as this, but he isn't confirmed yet.)? Who knows what type of duo they (possibly) incorporated this time into the series, but I'm ready for anything after the Wii Fit Trainer was confirmed as a character ^^

Last edited by ThePokeMan; June 19, 2013 at 12:03:35 PM.
Old June 19, 2013, 12:06:27 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
Characters? With an s? Could this mean we could be seeing another duo-type character in SSB4 (I know Olimar probably qualifies as this, but he isn't confirmed yet.)? Who knows what type of duo they (possibly) incorporated this time into the series, but I'm ready for anything after the Wii Fit Trainer was confirmed as a character ^^
Ok, now I want the three Pikmin captains who control their own Pikmin. Oh, but that'll never happen D:
Old June 19, 2013, 01:04:37 PM
Administrator

Pokémon Trainer says hi.

Actually, now I'm wondering what characters will get kicked out. At this point, I'm betting Pokémon Trainer is gone to make way for Zoroark and/or Mewtwo again.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 19, 2013 at 01:04:49 PM.
Old June 19, 2013, 01:43:44 PM
Rayquaza

I'd count on Mewtwo's new forme replacing Lucario.

I don't see a reason for replacing Pokemon trainer unless he's going to be replaced by another pokemon trainer with different pokemon.
Old June 19, 2013, 01:45:39 PM
Administrator

I wonder if they've been collecting usage statistics of online matches. That'd be a great way to judge which characters actually get used often.
Old June 20, 2013, 01:28:41 PM
Administrator

Looks like it's confirmed that some characters will indeed be dropped:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._wii_u_and_3ds

I'll also post this tier list here:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Tier_list#Brawl_tier_list

Of course, the tier list means little when you look at how much certain characters have moved around and how they could just re-tool characters in lower tiers to be better.

(I'm somewhat hoping Jigglypuff gets cut for a Pokémon that doesn't look like a clone of Kirby. )

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 20, 2013 at 01:34:20 PM.
Old June 27, 2013, 12:37:28 PM
Administrator

Hmm, how are we going to abbreviate these two games? After all, there are tons of abbreviations that make sense for other games, like these:
Brawl = Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Melee = Super Smash Bros. Melee
Black 2 = Pokémon Black 2
X = Pokémon X or the upcoming Xenoblade game on Wii U
OoT = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
KI:U = Kid Icarus: Uprising

...But how will we abbreviate these? SSB3DS and SSBWIIU?
Old June 27, 2013, 12:40:44 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Hmm, how are we going to abbreviate these two games? After all, there are tons of abbreviations that make sense for other games, like these:
Brawl = Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Melee = Super Smash Bros. Melee
Black 2 = Pokémon Black 2
X = Pokémon X or the upcoming Xenoblade game on Wii U
OoT = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
KI:U = Kid Icarus: Uprising

...But how will we abbreviate these? SSB3DS and SSBWIIU?
How about SBDS or SBU? Those are the shortest possible abbreviations I can think of.
Old June 27, 2013, 12:49:34 PM
Giratina

You must not be really trying. Smash Bros. 3D and Smash Bros. U could work. SB3D/SBU. It's simple and very short for those lazy Americans who refuse to type whole things out.

Quote:
(I'm somewhat hoping Jigglypuff gets cut for a Pokémon that doesn't look like a clone of Kirby. )
Shut your filthy mouth. Jigglypuff is a main 12 and can NEVER BE DROPPED! (Plus I think Jigglypuff is a unique character with amazing potential... doesn't anyone else?... )
Old June 27, 2013, 12:54:35 PM
Rayquaza

I'll be happy if Jigglypuff returns with a revamp now that it's part fairy.
Old June 27, 2013, 01:52:22 PM

I doubt Jigglypuff will get booted from the character list, but Lucario might and get replaced by Zoroark.

Some other characters that I think might get booted are ROB and Ike. From what I've read, ROB was just a filler character possibly just to go along with Adventure mode. There's also a possibility that Ike will be replaced by Chrom.

What I think would be interesting is for Pokémon Trainer to get redone with a new starter trio to use.
Old June 27, 2013, 02:06:46 PM
Rayquaza

Yeah I really don't see Zoroark happening since it's move don't play out the same way as Mewtwo's and Lucario's.

I think it would be more fitting as a Pokeball Pokemon.
Old June 27, 2013, 02:28:10 PM
Giratina

Sakurai said there would be less characters (to fit with the limitations of the 3DS) so don't get that crazy with your ideas.

Pokémon Trainer will probably be offed as well as Lucario to make way for either Zoroark or something from Gen VI.

I can see this one having very few clones if any at all. The problem was only slightly fixed in Brawl and considering the current revealed characters it might actually be a thing... I fear for you, Luigi! Please have some Luigi's Mansion upgrades...
Old June 28, 2013, 05:45:02 PM

Last night, Turt and I were trying to predict the moves for the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager from Animal Crossing. I've decided to try to predict the Villager's moves. One theory I had was that the Villager will have different Special Moves while on the ground and in the air (I doubt this will happen). If you see slashes in between moves, then that means either move could be assigned to that button alignment.

Villager's Moves (Prediction)

A- Weed
Side A- Umbrella
Down A- Bowling Ball / Weed
Up A- Stick(this might be a taunt)
Dash A- Potted Plant

Aerial A- (?)
Aerial Side A- (?)
Aerial Back A- Slingshot
Aerial Up A- (?)
Aerial Down A- (?)

Side Smash- (?)
Up Smash- Fireworks
Down Smash- (?)

Neutral Special- Pick-Up
Neutral Special [Air]- Pick-Up
Side Special- Shovel, Axe [if near grown tree]
Side Special [Air]- Slingshot
Down Special- Grow Tree/ Pick-Up
Up Special- Balloon (Balloon Fighter)
Up Special [Air]- Balloon (Balloon Fighter)
Old June 28, 2013, 06:26:30 PM
Giratina

I guess I'll do what I found for Top Tier Character Wii Fit Trainer

Predicted Moves of Wii Fit Trainer
Neutral A- Single Arm Extension
Tilt A- Dance
Down A- Bridge
Up A- Triangle
Dash A- Half-Moon

Side Smash- Warrior Pose
Up Smash- Tree Pose
Down Smash- Arm and Leg Lift

Up Air- Jackknife
Down Air- (Generic foot smash without a name)
Forward Air- Single Leg Extension
Back Air- ???

Neutral Special- Soccer Heading
Side Special- (Possibly Soccer Heading again, not a strong guess)
Down Special- ???
Up Special- Hula Hoop

Final Smash: Wii Fit (Launches numerous colorful Yoga and Strength poses at opponents.)

Supposed Taunt- Push-up challenge.

...I predict out of love.
Old July 5, 2013, 08:10:21 PM
Giratina

Now a week later I thought I'd also share my Megaman predictions. After seeing his reveal videos a couple more times I got something.

Neutral A- Mega Buster
Forward A- Walking Mega Buster
Down A- Slide
Up A- Mega Upper (From MvC)
Dash A- Top Spin

Side Smash- Charge Shot
Up Smash- Spark Shot
Down Smash- Flame Blast

Neutral Air- Mega Buster in the jumping position (Hey, you can almost perfectly emulate the NES games!)
Up Air- Air Shooter
Down Air- Hard Knuckle
Forward Air- Flame Sword
Back Air- Slash Claw

Neutral Special- Metal Blade
Side Special- Crash Bomb
Down Special- Leaf Blade
Up Special- Rush Coil (Oh look, Sonic's Spring move. Sonic de-confirmed.)

Grab- Super Arm (Because it was revealed as a Robot Master Power :I)
Taunt- (That thing he does to enter and leave a stage. Does that have a name?)

Final Smash: 100% Unknown But I seriously hope it'll be the MM6 or MM7 Rush Adapter.
Old July 5, 2013, 08:49:17 PM
Rayquaza

TurtwigX what about the move where you access his dog?
Old July 5, 2013, 08:51:58 PM
Giratina

Quote:
TurtwigX what about the move where you access his dog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Up Special- Rush Coil (Oh look, Sonic's Spring move. Sonic de-confirmed.)
Did you not know that Rush was the name of his robot dog?
Old July 5, 2013, 08:54:26 PM
Regigigas

Rush coil is his dog it makes him bounce up height which is rushes default it makes the most sense for rush his dog I'm only a bit of a megaman fan...

Last edited by john-li; July 5, 2013 at 08:55:02 PM.
Old July 26, 2013, 05:07:03 AM
Rayquaza

Sakurai says there will be no story mode or cutscenes in this game because people ruined it for everyone by putting the cutscenes from Brawl on Youtube

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 26, 2013 at 05:07:51 AM.
Old July 26, 2013, 05:12:00 AM
Giratina

The story mode and speechless cutscenes aren't really necessary, especially in a fighting game. Though it would've been interesting to see how Wii Fit Trainer would've appeared.

There's still a 1 Player mode, though.
Old July 26, 2013, 05:14:05 AM
Rayquaza

Why am I just now finding out that no one caers about this?

I thought it was awesome because we had so many characters interacting with each other which made it awesome.
Old July 26, 2013, 07:34:10 PM
Administrator

Ruined by putting them on YouTube? I don't look at spoilers, and I especially avoid looking at game stuff on FailTube for games I have an interest in playing.
Old July 26, 2013, 07:36:59 PM
Giratina

The entire internet isn't just you, Cat. They were leaked all over the internet causing many fans to see them long before Sakurai intended. This ruined the magic for a lot of people, so the Subspace Emissary wasn't as popular. And the team spent a lot of time working on those cutscenes.
This just proves that the internet ruins lives. Although, I spoiled myself to a few and I still liked them.
Old July 26, 2013, 07:46:28 PM
Administrator

I know, but that's the fault of those gamers, and millions of gamers still saw them for the first time in the game.
Old July 26, 2013, 07:51:05 PM
Haxorus

You can argue all you want about if the Subspace Emissary was ruined, but we all know people come back to Smash Bros. games to fight with their friends, which definitely seems to be the focus in these titles. Not fanservice, not cutscenes, gameplay.

Last edited by Eagles; July 26, 2013 at 07:51:45 PM.
Old July 26, 2013, 08:49:25 PM
Giratina

That's why Sakurai ALSO said the focus this time is being put on the fight mode. He's going for the perfect balance (So many Wii Fit Baby jokes) between casual play and competitive play to make one tight experience. A Melee x Brawl baby, if you will.

And because of this, do you think some Final Smashes will change for the better? If Peach returns, will it be better? And will Mario's actually stop sucking?
Old July 26, 2013, 09:50:50 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
That's why Sakurai ALSO said the focus this time is being put on the fight mode. He's going for the perfect balance (So many Wii Fit Baby jokes) between casual play and competitive play to make one tight experience. A Melee x Brawl baby, if you will.

And because of this, do you think some Final Smashes will change for the better? If Peach returns, will it be better? And will Mario's actually stop sucking?
By "balance" I thought that he would instead be working on reconfiguring characters so you didn't have fighters as amazing as Meta Knight and as bad as Ganondorf. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, since this is coming from the guy who removed cutscenes because people were posting them on the Internet. >_> (you can guess how I feel about that bone-headed move).

It would be pretty tight if characters receive updated Final Smashes, though. Not necessarily because some were better (or worse) than others, but simply for the sake of new = interesting, which is enough to placate me. Just keep Luigi's the same and I'm set.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; July 26, 2013 at 09:54:53 PM.
Old July 26, 2013, 09:54:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
He's going for the perfect balance
Unfortunately, it's statistically impossible for that to happen. The amount of beta testing to put all of the characters on the same tiers would be even greater than the balance required to put all non-NFE (meaning fully-evolved only) Pokémon in the same tier. There are always strategies and methods to use characters that are discovered months or years after the release of the Smash Bros. games.

Quote:
I hope so. Pikachu is my main (mostly because it's the Pokémon that has been in every Smash game), but its Final Smash is terrible. However, it makes up for it with its extremely cheap Down-B Smash.
Old July 26, 2013, 09:59:23 PM
Giratina

I'm going by what he's said in interviews. Now it's not necessarily going to be "perfect," I mean, what is? He just wants the gameplay to be fun for parties like Brawl and yet great for competitive play like Melee. Because apparently tiers and balance mean something to him.
I don't follow the tier list so as long as Wii Fit Trainer has amazing moves I'll enjoy this to the fullest.

Quote:
(mostly because it's the Pokémon that has been in every Smash game)
DOES JIGGLYPUFF MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU!?
Old July 26, 2013, 10:11:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I've never been too great at the 'Puff.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 26, 2013 at 10:18:16 PM.
Old July 27, 2013, 12:32:21 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
(the irony is that I main Jigglypuff)

I for one didn't spoil myself to the SSE cutscenes, but then again, I really only played through it once and never really tried it again, and that was years ago. So really, I'm rather indifferent about the removal of the cutscenes, and I'm all for it if it means a better experience as a party/fighting game.
Old July 27, 2013, 04:17:00 AM
Rayquaza

Hopefully they'll still have the adventure mode like in Melee.
Old July 27, 2013, 04:30:35 AM
Administrator

I thought the Subspace Emissary was its replacement.
Old July 27, 2013, 04:41:34 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I thought the Subspace Emissary was its replacement.
You are correct. Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary was made as it is different from just a "souped up Classic mode" from Melee. Sakurai, and I think Miyamoto too, wanted to have a deep single player experience with some solid multiplayer as well. Why do you think it looks and feels to much like Kirby Super Star? The plot was supposed to be explained through the cutscenes so you can see why he's upset, again.
Old July 29, 2013, 04:37:26 PM
Regigigas

Umm, I'm gonna assume that "balance" is gonna mean buffing up the characters that are in lower tiers hence why Bowser was shown and sped up. Dunno if it'll do them justice since it's WAAAY to early to predict, but hey, they're trying.

Yoshi could use a buff for a better Up B, lol. Never really gives me THAT much of problem, but sometimes, I just wish it was better...

As for replacing characters: I like Lucario, but he'll probably be left out. Hoping for Melee Mewtwo. I'm on the limb about Pokemon Trainer since he has Charizard, but he'll probably be scrapped, too. With that said, maybe Ridley will replace Charizard. MOAR METROID PLZ. Personally, I'd prefer Sylux, but he isn't really popular so... At least for a trophy assist. At least...
Old July 29, 2013, 10:16:16 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Umm, I'm gonna assume that "balance" is gonna mean buffing up the characters that are in lower tiers hence why Bowser was shown and sped up. Dunno if it'll do them justice since it's WAAAY to early to predict, but hey, they're trying.
I own everybody with bowser anyway but not anymore I'm gonna get crazy good with megaman!

Last edited by john-li; July 29, 2013 at 10:17:19 PM.
Old August 7, 2013, 06:41:30 AM
Rayquaza

Today they announced Luigi.

Old September 3, 2013, 03:38:43 PM
Giratina

Today's daily image insinuates that Villager's apparent Up Special has a catch: the balloons can be popped by other characters. The once "all powerful murderer Villager" now has a drawback if knocked under the stage or so.

This drawback also got me thinking about his pick up move. Is it going to work like Oil Panic where he can just stand there as long as he wants? Or is there some key element of timing behind it? That'd make it a trickier thing to use.
Old October 1, 2013, 05:42:08 PM
Kyurem

I hear sonic makes a return as well.
Old October 1, 2013, 05:46:00 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
I hear sonic makes a return as well.
It was confirmed at today's Nintendo Direct.
Old October 1, 2013, 05:47:37 PM
Kyurem

I heard about it all over twitter before i watched the direct.
Old October 1, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
Giratina

And it's also on the official website with lots of pretty pictures.

These pictures are starting to be more frightening than satisfying. It looks like Smash Bros. 4 will just be a Brawl HD. I wish they'd upload some music or mechanics once in a while...
Old October 1, 2013, 08:36:02 PM
Administrator

Does Snake come back, though?
Old October 1, 2013, 08:44:31 PM

Quote:
I don't think we've heard anything about Snake returning yet. I'd love to see him back, and it's not like he hasn't had a recent outing on a Nintendo console with Snake Eater 3D. It's not out of the realm of possibility.
Old October 2, 2013, 02:13:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
At this point you can most likely gauge who will be returning by the new games being released on Wii U and 3DS.
Old October 3, 2013, 08:47:39 AM
Rayquaza

I have a feeling next week or the following week they will reveal something pokemon related in this game.
Old October 3, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
Administrator

I'm almost entirely sure there will be another Pokémon coming in who wasn't in previous Brawl game. As much as I'm hoping for Zoroark, it will likely be something from Gen VI.
Old October 9, 2013, 11:56:55 PM
Administrator

Someone at school showed me a leaked image of one of Mewtwo's formes fighting alongside Pikachu. It definitely looked legitimate.
Old October 10, 2013, 03:50:08 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Someone at school showed me a leaked image of one of Mewtwo's formes fighting alongside Pikachu. It definitely looked legitimate.
I always though, classmates from school were the worst leak resources.
Old October 18, 2013, 08:18:15 AM
Giratina

Today's image pretty much sealed the fate of a Gen VI being playable. I'll miss you Zoroark... But since I don't know anything about Kalos I can't guess who it'd be.

Uncross your fingers, there's no way Xerneas will be playable.
Old October 18, 2013, 09:17:50 AM

Ehhh, I don't want Xerneas to be playable. I'm just gonna assume that he's a new Poke Ball Pokémon.
Old October 18, 2013, 09:23:22 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Ehhh, I don't want Xerneas to be playable. I'm just gonna assume that he's a new Poke Ball Pokémon.
There have been a lot of confused Miiverse posts about Xerneas here. I just laughed, I know it's either from a Pokeball or a stage hazard like Dialga/Palkia. I don't know what special Kalos Pokemon there are... besides whatever Sylveon is and I've never seen one.
Old October 18, 2013, 09:47:34 AM
Joltik

They have already said newcomers: manga man wii fit trainer and the villager
And they brought back two characters just because of games being released
Sonic because of sonic lost worlds
And toon link because of loz wind waker hd
I hope they luigify toon link or else he's a wate of a character
(Luigifying came from when they gave Luigi a different moveset in melee)
I think they should include tails if they included sonic or at least add him as an assist trophy
Meta knight and king Dedede should return as veterans and maybe they could have bandana dee because of Kirby's return to dream land
Speaking of the Humanoid Pokemon in every game like lucario or mewtwo
They might not even bring back those guys but if they do it's probably going to. Be lucario or mewtwo because of their mega evolutions but maybe they will bring zoruaork but that's
Unlikely because of the fact that they skipped gold and ruby and sapphire.
They should replace jiggly puff with another iconic but different Pokemon from the series.
Pokemon trainer will be a hard one to decide, but I think they should have fennekin, foakie, and chespin (idk what their evolutions will be)
Think about it ditto as a Pokeball character he could do what melee wanted him to do
Transform into its master and help it in battle.
Old October 18, 2013, 10:34:39 AM
Administrator

With that kind of confirmation, I'm pretty sure Xerneas and Yveltal will be stage Pokémon like Dialga and Palkia on Spear Pillar.
Old October 18, 2013, 05:02:50 PM
Joltik

Abundant Shrine
a Grassy platform with a shrine in the background and landourus will come out and cause an earthquake which characters will react to. there are also trainers in the background that also react to the earthquake.
PUT DITTO IN
Old October 18, 2013, 06:40:25 PM
Rayquaza

Hey I was right about something pokemon related getting revealed.
Old November 6, 2013, 05:43:35 AM
Joltik

There's a new idea with the male wii fit trainer but what are they doing about the thing with
Wii fit U 's trainers?
They might be character costumes though.
Sakurai claimed there might be some more new characters added to the list.
Who do you think will be in the next newcomer trailer?
Old November 7, 2013, 04:11:31 PM
Giratina

GUESS WHO'S BACK AND MORE FEMININE THAN EVER?

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/marth.html
Old November 26, 2013, 04:13:09 PM
Giratina

Another image was given to us by the wonderful Mr. Sakurai. I hope he doesn't work himself to death...

That's the new Ray Gun. BEAUTIFUL, AIN'T IT? He said it was designed to be too cartoony to have any resemblance to a real gun, but specifically added the Smash Bros. emblem backwards so it would work like a stamp. It seems like he's really digging the HD the Wii U offers. (Seriously, don't kill yourself.)
Old December 18, 2013, 02:24:58 PM
Giratina

HOLY $%^&^^%$^

MY LOVE IS A CHARACTEEEER!!!! YEAH!!
Old December 18, 2013, 02:29:40 PM
Rayquaza

That's pretty cool, right now this game is my main reason for getting a Wii U.
Old December 18, 2013, 03:11:17 PM
Celebi

The real interesting part is how Rosalina and the Luma both play. Basically using 2 different characters that can work to combo together
Old December 18, 2013, 03:13:56 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxImpetus View Post
The real interesting part is how Rosalina and the Luma both play. Basically using 2 different characters that can work to combo together
Yeah, I sort of see her as a cross between Ice Climbers, Pikmin, and Zelda. She has two characters on screen that work together and sync attacks, but he's still vulnerable and is an optional pluck. He can also switch his color to activate different abilities. But Rosalina can also fight equally as well with her magic alone which makes her BETTER than Olimar.

Rosalina forever! What you got again the MAGIC PRINCESS OF THE GALAXY?
Old December 18, 2013, 03:19:33 PM
Celebi

I also saw that the Luma can Take Hits for Rosalina.
So Positioning the Luma means Everything in her gameplan