Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 27, 2011, 12:38:58 PM
Joltik

Default Acrobatics Drifblim

Reposted from earlier...

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Unburden
Adamant

Acrobatics
Substitute
Explosion
Astonish

EVs: 252 Attack, 126 Defense, 120 Sp. Def, 6 Speed

So here goes...
Drifblim comes out and sets up a substitute after taking a hopefully non fatal hit. Once his health gets low enough, the liechi berry will take effect and raise his attack, while unburden doubles his speed. Acrobatics now has 110 base power, and along with STAB and the attack boost it can do pretty significant damage. Drifblim is now essentially a sweeper, although he isn't as effective as a sweeper like Infernape or Alakazam. Once he can't take any more beating or his substitute wears off, he can pull off an explosion and deal massive damage to the opponent. Astonish is there for more type coverage and it's the only physical ghost move Drifblim can learn. I've been thinking of replacing it with baton pass, but I'm not really sure.

Thoughts?
Old March 27, 2011, 01:46:40 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJames View Post
Reposted from earlier...

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Unburden
Adamant

Acrobatics
Substitute
Explosion
Astonish

EVs: 252 Attack, 126 Defense, 120 Sp. Def, 6 Speed

So here goes...
Drifblim comes out and sets up a substitute after taking a hopefully non fatal hit. Once his health gets low enough, the liechi berry will take effect and raise his attack, while unburden doubles his speed. Acrobatics now has 110 base power, and along with STAB and the attack boost it can do pretty significant damage. Drifblim is now essentially a sweeper, although he isn't as effective as a sweeper like Infernape or Alakazam. Once he can't take any more beating or his substitute wears off, he can pull off an explosion and deal massive damage to the opponent. Astonish is there for more type coverage and it's the only physical ghost move Drifblim can learn. I've been thinking of replacing it with baton pass, but I'm not really sure.

Thoughts?
Well, Drifblim isn't used as a physical sweeper for a reason. Even with +1 Attack boost, his moves will not be doing much damage at all. There are also an insane amount of Steel-types in the current metagame that wall this set to no end, such as Scizor, Skarmory, Forretress, and Empoleon, to name a few. Priority also ruins you, since at such low HP most moves will be able to take Drifblim down.

This may work as a novelty set in the lower tiers, but it really is a long shot, especially when there are other Pokemon that can do the job far better than Drifblim.
Old March 27, 2011, 02:13:33 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Well, Drifblim isn't used as a physical sweeper for a reason. Even with +1 Attack boost, his moves will not be doing much damage at all. There are also an insane amount of Steel-types in the current metagame that wall this set to no end, such as Scizor, Skarmory, Forretress, and Empoleon, to name a few. Priority also ruins you, since at such low HP most moves will be able to take Drifblim down.

This may work as a novelty set in the lower tiers, but it really is a long shot, especially when there are other Pokemon that can do the job far better than Drifblim.
All very true. This is more of a messing around set rather than a competitive one. However I do think he'd be able to hold his own at least for a little while in a UU or NU battle.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I should replace astonish with?

Last edited by PatJames; March 27, 2011 at 02:13:58 PM.
Old March 30, 2011, 05:34:24 PM
Kyurem

What do think about this pokemon:
Shiny Chandilure-lv 100
Item: Either Choice Specs or Choice Scarf
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Sp.atk, 252 Speed
Nature: modest
Ability: Flash fire
Moves: Overheat (couldnt get Hp-fighting)
Flamethrower
Shadowball
Energyball

Last edited by kakashidragon; March 30, 2011 at 05:36:31 PM.
Old March 30, 2011, 11:38:52 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
What do think about this pokemon:
Shiny Chandilure-lv 100
Item: Either Choice Specs or Choice Scarf
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Sp.atk, 252 Speed
Nature: modest
Ability: Flash fire
Moves: Overheat (couldnt get Hp-fighting)
Flamethrower
Shadowball
Energyball
Okay firstly, I would definitely go with a Timid nature over a Modest one, since Chandelure's special attack is already colossal. Its base speed, on the other hand, is a mere 80, which means that it will be outpaced by many faster Pokémon. Similarly, I would personally go with a Choice Scarf over a Choice Specs - what's the point of being extremely powerful but relatively slow? And you don't even have a good defensive typing so that you can take hits and fight back...

As for the moveset, I find it suitable for Chandelure's role as an offensive threat, giving it a maximized coverage. However, you're prone to be walled by Heatran, so you might want to use HP Ground somewhere (although that hardly matters - the truth is, Heatran will almost always wall Chandelure). You can also use Fire Blast over Flamethrower to really dent holes in the opposing team, but it's a choice of accuracy vs power.
Old April 1, 2011, 09:06:17 PM
Kyurem

well mostly i was getting the timid nature you said when i got a shiny litwik and was modest so i eved it, this set mostly helps with the slower pokemon it may incounter during my battles and it does the job well. But with the timid nature you said i'll have to try it on a certin team it fits in well with.
Old September 8, 2011, 07:11:07 PM
Kyurem

Hope y'all don't mind me bumping this.

So I've been messing with my UU team lately, and I finally finished my SubSeeder Tangela.

Female
Hardy @ Eviolite @ Regenerator
120 HP | 136 Def. l 252 Sp. Def.
Leech Seed | Giga Drain | Substitute | Attract

I love this Tangela, man.
Now, PO users tend to all share a common trait: They almost always keep the Pokemon's default gender, which is Male.
So I just go and exploit that with Attract. Once I get the opponent in love, then I go in for a Substitute.
Basically after that I just Giga Drain the opponent to KO them. (Or to regain some HP)
Then just spam Attract and Giga Drain as needed.

's pretty good set in my opinion. Able to take super effective hits thanks to Eviloite and its bulkiness. The only real thing I haven't been able to take care of are Ice types. Thankfully, I have my counter to deal with 'em. c:

Last edited by Shiny; September 8, 2011 at 07:17:05 PM.
Old September 9, 2011, 02:11:59 AM
Rayquaza

It seems a good set, but the nature is not really effective. I suggest changing it to Bold or Calm for more bulkiness.
Old March 24, 2012, 07:34:46 PM
Linoone

I was wondering if someone could tell me if my Cinccino is doing well to be the first pokemon I train for competitive battling.

Scout! [Cinccino]
Level: 50
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly/ Spd+ Sp. Atk-
Moves: Tail Slap, Wake-Up Slap, Rock Blast, U-Turn
Item: Life Orb
Stats:
Hp-149
Atk-135
Def-72
Sp.Atk-71
Sp.Def78
Spd-181
Evs: Max Spd/ Max Atk
Ivs: Superior Overall
Best Ivs: Hp, Sp.Def, Speed

I hatched only 18 eggs to get. Pretty Good in my opinion.
Old March 24, 2012, 09:00:43 PM

I don't see anything wrong with this Cincinno. You may want to consider Bullet Seed instead of U-Turn, but overall I don't see anything wrong with it ^^