Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 11, 2010, 12:09:54 AM
Zoroark

Default ~.:Victory Road Art Contest! #1: Spriting, Trainers :.~

VICTORY ROAD ART CONTEST #1
Currently looking for 1 Co-Owner and 2 Judges. *SEE BELOW*
So, since I saw a reasonable amount of people interested in the art thread I posted, here is the FIRST Victory Road Art Contest. There aren't really prizes, just your name in the Hall of Fame which will be made when the winner of the contest is decided, and also a badge to put in your sig~

HOW IT WORKS
Every weekly, fortnightly etc, me and the Co Owner (Yet to be decided), decide on a theme for the next contest via PM , and after being decided it will be posted as a new Topic. There is 1 winner per contest, no 2nd or 3rd place-getters. All winners get their name mentioned on the Hall Of Fame and recieve a badge to place in their signature. Themes can be either Art related (Hand drawn or Computer generated) or sprited.

RULES
Art/Sprites must be your own.
One entry per person.
If you're judging, you cannot enter the competition.

Pretty simple, eh?

THEME
Splice, scratch.. Just MAKE A TRAINER! (Sprite)
The trainer can look like anything.. Not very hard this round.. Next round will be harder.

CONTEST UNTIL
January the 21st, December (NZ time, for American people it'll be 20th.)

*LOOKING FOR STAFF
If you're a good artist/spriter, please PM me or reply below with 1-2 examples of your work, and whether you want to be co owner or Judge.
If you're prepared to be a co owner, please be prepared to spend some time via IM or PM to talk about this xD Judges (2) don't need to judge every week, although one must be on at all times.

GOOD LUCK.
Old January 11, 2010, 04:25:11 PM
Regigigas

Sounds interesting. I might try out for either judge or co-owner. I`ve currently got one Pokémon-related picture on hand of mine, a picture of Raikou I did a while back. I`ll try to find the file and upload it to photobucket as a "resumé" of sorts, if that would apply here.

Oh, and just in case, what exactly would the position of co-owner entail?

Merged by Will

Last edited by Will; January 11, 2010 at 04:28:19 PM.
Old January 11, 2010, 04:26:46 PM
Zoroark

Yeah, just to show that you actually enjoy doing art/spriting yourself. Obviously if it were a Paint scribbled Pikachu compared to a hand drawn, a hand drawn would be much better to show your interest.

Oh and also, please don't double post.

Being the co owner means deciding the theme of the next contest, being a core judge (Main judges points worth 2, Judges vote equals 1.)
You'll also have to be active in posting help on help threads etc. Being co owner doesn't make you staff at Victory Road.

Last edited by Will; January 11, 2010 at 04:29:39 PM.
Old January 11, 2010, 04:40:28 PM
Regigigas

Yeah, sorry about the double post, I noticed it, but never really thought to merge it. I`ll try to pay more attention to that in the future.

By help threads, would you be referring to art-related help, or help in general?

Oh, and here`s the link to that particular piece of artwork I was referring to, unfortunately, I didn`t get the chance to rotate it, but that`s the unedited version. I edited it to invert the picture`s colours later on, and to give Raikou a red pupil with a purple schlera, but it was only in paint, nothing too time-consuming. The approximate time for finalizing the picture itself (via pencil+eraser) was approximately 3 hours:

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...ensetsuLeg.jpg

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; January 11, 2010 at 05:27:35 PM.
Old February 27, 2010, 03:29:38 PM
Mudkip

do you give a prize to the winner? ^^ like a thropy to display your winning?

oh btw sorry if I bumping, I not yet see its ended. maybe you can make the time longer?