Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 18, 2010, 07:24:12 PM
Shaymin

Default Iron (Side Artwork/Concept Art)

There's only so much I can write. The rest must be drawn or written out outside the actual story. Therefore...

IRON: CONCEPT ART GALLERY

Granted, most of this stuff (if not all of it) will end up here anyways, but for the dA-challenged I'll put images here along with their descriptions.

Here's the first image I'll put up in my concept art gallery.

REPAS Storage Device    

I solved the storage problem, Bela!

When writing Iron, I came across a snag- How am I going to make a suitable logical way for Lite to carry around the damn suit? He can't be seen in it all the time, after all, and the suitcase thing Iron Man did was a bit old-school and I wanted to rip off as less from Marvel as I've already done. I was also contemplating a Big O style of calling the armor, but Lite wouldn't have the time to have set up an intricate tunnel system around the globe for it to appear, and for it to rocket to his location (I had thought about having it fly to Lite whenever he called for it) it might be seen and/or intercepted.

This one was a bit risky, but I ended up taking a page from Metroid and Pokemon and decided that the suit was stored in "digital-to-physical" format. Introducing the REPAS Storage Device! The canon explanation is that Tina left three items for Lite so he could follow her when he recovered. Those three items were: this suit, a sticky note, and her destination.

So, as outlined in the sketch, this suit is a digital-to-physical storage device which contains the REPAS. It's activated biometrically and will only respond to Lite's DNA and his EMBER. However, there are a few problems with this suit- extensive damage to the REPAS (i.e. more damage than the REPAS can initially take) will cause the suit to shut down and enter hibernate mode, where the REPAS will digitally commence reassembly. Likewise, if the suit itself is damaged or otherwise it will not be able to summon the REPAS. As the technology contained within the suit is very sensitive, it's not exactly "wear-and-tear-proof" and cuts and punctures and other damage will cause it to ruin very easily. Since Lite is high-maintenance as he travels, he usually doesn't wear the suit underneath his clothing all the time, and carries it within a backpack.

Old October 19, 2010, 09:01:27 PM
Shaymin

Combat    

Some concept art. Lite is kicking a dude's face in while in midair.

Lite was trained by Darc in a special martial art taught to select Canican troops called Zero G. The training methods involve rigorous amounts of existing in modified gravity so your body gets used to moving much more mass than normal. Lite was trained by Darc for three years (starting at age 14) in Zero G, where the training took place at the bottom of an Olympian-sized pool. He was weighted and given an oxygen tank, so basically he was kept underwater for extended periods of time whilst peforming mixed martial arts. As a result his physical performance in combat in normal Earth gravity is greatly heightened.

The guy he's kicking is named Placeholder Man. Ignore him.
Old October 19, 2010, 09:21:02 PM
Shaymin

REPAS Duel    

Lite and Tina have encountered each other. At long last these two lovers are reunited.

...Unfortunately their thoughts upon seeing each other is "HOLY CRAP ANOTHER REPAS AND I DON'T RECOGNIZE IT BECAUSE IT'S HEAVILY MODIFIED SO I'M GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT"

Basically, since the Beta and Alpha suits have been heavily modified from their original appearances upon being weaponized, both people assume that the person inside the REPAS is someone who stole the blueprints. Actually, they both assume that the other person within the suit is Darc. They eventually have an all-out battle.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; October 19, 2010 at 09:48:05 PM.
Old October 19, 2010, 09:55:52 PM
Shaymin

REPAS Dissected    

A basic dissection of the REPAS's "shell."
Old October 20, 2010, 09:33:53 AM
Celebi

Post 1- Drawing on next page or erased outline? (That ghostly figure in the middle.)
Post 2- I want to marry Placeholder Man. XD
Post 3- What's their power level? OVER 9000!? Cool poses, btw.
Post 4- Would be nice if you labelled the parts. Took me forever to realize why there's three legs and a polka-dotty egg. Lol,... side and bottom view.
Old October 20, 2010, 02:42:59 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
Post 1- Drawing on next page or erased outline? (That ghostly figure in the middle.)

That was a botched beginning-of-sketch of Lite on the back side of the page.

Placeholder Man is already married to Placeholder Woman.

Post 4- Would be nice if you labelled the parts. Took me forever to realize why there's three legs and a polka-dotty egg. Lol,... side and bottom view.

It's really only an expanded view. I'm going to draw a more complete labeled one later.
Old October 20, 2010, 03:08:00 PM
Celebi

You can't quote a quote... so I can't really reply.
Old October 20, 2010, 03:33:00 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
You can't quote a quote... so I can't really reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan
Quote:

That was a botched beginning-of-sketch of Lite on the back side of the page.

Placeholder Man is already married to Placeholder Woman.

It's really only an expanded view. I'm going to draw a more complete labeled one later.
I'm awesome.
Old October 22, 2010, 08:38:50 PM
Shaymin

Sebevakian Recon Scout Drone    

And despite the fact that they're not suited for combat (as outlined in the diagram) they're employed for it anyway. Sebevakians... not too bright.
Old November 7, 2010, 04:09:46 PM
Shaymin

Tina's REPAS    

Bump

This is Tina's REPAS, modified from the Beta version 2.0. Beta v. 2.2 is nicknamed "Iron Maiden" by Tina.

Aesthetically, this suit's color scheme is much different than the Alpha (which is a white-chrome color) and somewhat different than the original Beta. Predominantly grey with blue and brown accenting, this suit has a unique semblance in its own right.

The suit is equipped with mostly live-ammunition-fed weaponry, such as the air-to-ground missiles on its shoulders, the missiles concealed within the left arm, and the semi-automatic submachine within the right arm. The two palms contain electro-magnetic pulse cannons which fire EMP shocks in a "stream" that can sear through their target, shut down and disable most electronic devices, or be used to knock back their targets. The suit can also fly by means of the jet-pack on its back. It isn't as efficient at flying as Lite's propulsion-repulsion flight technology, however, which is something the Alpha has over the Beta.

Tina also pilots the suit with the assistance of another programmed AI which is the "sequel" to the AI running Alpha. This AI, "Kyler 2.0" is a digital copy of Lite's mind, but it doesn't contain his personality or his emotions. Tina made it as a "back-up" of Lite's brain, should he die while in his coma.

Old November 18, 2010, 07:23:53 PM
Shaymin

I'm currently doing a mass submission of various Iron-related artwork. I highly suggest you guys check out my dA for the rest of this stuff. Here's one image for you guys so you can get started:

Lite and Admiral Ryan    

Lite and Admiral Ryan, talking to each other in a scene from Iron.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I forgot whether I wrote this scene in Ch. 7 or not.

Admiral Adam Ryan is about forty or fifty years old. Before Darc left the Canican National Armed Forces, Ryan was his superior.