Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Walkthroughs and Let's Plays
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 8, 2011, 04:48:02 PM
Kyurem

Default Shiny's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run

... Yup. yet another Nuzlocke Run thread. What makes this thread different from the others? I don't know... new rules and different game I guess.
In this thread I'll be doing a Nuzlocke Run of the Johto remake, Pokemon: SoulSilver.

Don't know what a Nuzlcoke Run is?
Hurr Durr

Anyways, let's get on to the rules of this run.
  • 1. You must catch the first Pokemon you see in each area that is not a duplicate. If the Pokemon faints or runs away, you can not catch anymore Pokemon for that area.
  • 2. Event Pokemon count as the caught Pokemon in that area. Example: Eevee from Bill
  • 3. Nickname all your pokemon. Nicknaming helps to bond with the Pokemon.
  • 4. Once Pokemon have been fainted in battle they must be released. No exceptions.
    If a Pokemon refuses to be released, it must be renamed 'Zombie' and permanently boxed in the PC.
  • 5. All healing must be done via a Pokemon Center. No potions, full restores, etc.

Anyways, if you haven't noticed, this run will be played using SoulSilver. I'll /try/ to update daily with important stoof in my journey to become a Pokemon Master.

Anyways, let's start.

Updates    
Update 1 - Saturday January 8, 2011
Yipee... Yet another long introduction to the Pokemon world b Professor Oak. yaddah yaddah yaddah. "Are you a boy or a girl?", he asked. I answered boy. Named myself "Shiny". Then he proceeded to tell me how my adventure is about to start. Got warped to my house and went downstairs to meet my mom. She gave me my trainer card, a save book I guess, options, a PokeGEAR, and a manbag.
I then continued on to Professor Elm's house. i chose Totodile as my starter and named him 'Fragledile'. He then gave me a quest to go and meet Mr. Pokemon. He also told me to let my Pokemon walk with him to increase friendship or something. Bleh whatever.
Anyways. on to Mr. Pokemon's house, but first we must stop at Cherrygrove City!

Current Party
Fragledile Level 5

Update 2 - Saturday January 8, 2011
Whew! Passed through Route 29 untouched. No Hoothoot's at this time at night I guess. Entered Cherrygrove City only to be greeted by the Guide Gent. He walked me around the City showing me the water, PC, PokeMart, and Route 30. He then gave me his sweaty running shoesa new pair of running shoes to keep. As I entered Route 30 I was attacked by a wild Rattata. Had no Pokeballs so I had to 'faint' it. Meh, got attacked by yet another Pokemon. It was another Rattata, fainted it once again. Arrived at Mr. Pokemon's house to meet him and Professor Oak. Mr. Pokemon gave me a mystery Egg, while Professor Oak gave me a Pokedex. Exited his house only to receive a call from Professor Elm.
Gotta go back to his lab...
*sigh* Hopefully it gets interesting nao.

Current Party
Fragledile Level 6

Update 3 Sunday January 9, 2011
As I exited Cherrygrove City to meet up with Elm I was challenged by my Rival, SK. Turns out SK is a red headed emo boy, XD
He attacked with his Pansyosaurus, Chikorita. I beat him with ease. Chikorita used only 1 Tackle during the whole battle, while the rest were growls. Fragledile grew to Level 8 and learned Rage because of this. Fought a couple of Sentret's afterwards and raised Fragledile up to level 9. When I got to Elm's lab there was the popo. Oh noes. It turns out SK is a criminal and stole a Pansyosaurus from the Lab. Darn that SK. Then I gave Elm the Mystery Egg and he just continued talking about a bunch of boring stoof that'll somehow help me later on in the game. When I tried to leave I got Potions from some AIDS. Yippe something I won't use. Then Lyra taught me how to catch Pogeymanz as if I haven't been playing Pokemon for years. Then I got some balls from her. ;D

Anyways, on to Violet City, guise! ;D

Current Party
Fragledile Level 9

Graveyard
None

Update 4 Sunday January 9, 2011 - Violet City -
Phew.. after a couple battles level grinding finally arrived in Violet City. Basically the first important city, as it has a Gym. I also got to battle Youngster Joey and his top percentage Rattata!. It was liek so ossim dood. So far I've obtained 3 new Pokemon. In Route 28 I encountered a wild Pidgey. After a successful capture I named it Aero. Aero will hopefully be a nice addition to my team, as Sprout Tower is coming up and I need a Pokemon effective against Grass types. Soon after I encountered JoJo, the Weedle in Route 29. I caught it, and... unfortunately he ended up dying in battle. But to make up for that loss I caught Taco Bell, the Bellsprout.
But... what is this? I cannot challenge the Violet City Gym?!
This is madness
inb4thisisspartajoke
Basically soem dood is saying my Pogeymanz suck and they need to train more. How dare he say such a thing!
Anyways, off to Sprout Tower, guise!

Party
Fragledile Level 10
:16: Aero Level 9
:69: Taco Bell Level 3

Graveyard
:13: JoJo - Route 29

Update 5 Monday January 11, 2011 - The Last Sage -
Phew, after hours of distractions I've finally got to yet another update on this thing. So, I was able to battle my way through many sages to conquer Sprout tower. Luckily, they had suckish level 3 Bellsprouts. ;D
And Aero pwned em all. With a little help from my other Pokemans.
On the way I had the chance of encountering my new Pokemon, RickGastly. That's right kids. I'm bad to the bone and put no space. 8)
I finally got to the top of the tower only to be interrupted by SK being a pissy little female dog. =p
Blah blah blah blah
I then battled the Head Sage. His Bellsprouts proved now challenge for Aero. His ******* Hoothoot put asleep all my 'monz cept Fragledile. But luckily, Fragledile prevailed and we defeated the sage getting a prize of TM70, Flash.
Now let's hope I can finally battle Falkner and get the Whatverbadgehehas Badge.

Current Party
Fragledile Level 11
:16: Aero Level 11
:69: Taco Bell Level 9
:92: RickGastly Level 9

Graveyard
:13: JoJo Level 3 - Route 29

Update 6 Sunday January 16, 2011
After hours of me being lazy and neglecting this like an abusive father interruption, I've finally fought Falkner and obtained the Zephyr Badge. (Zephyr sounds liek a drug I'd take XD)
The battle started off all right. Ricky out Pidgey to sleep with Hypnosis then Aero did his stuff. Then Falkner's faec raeping Pidgeotto came out and literally almost kicked my ass. Leaving Ricky and Aero hanging on to their life with the skin of their teeth. Fragledile held in there with some help from Taco Bell. After what seemed like 10 million Roosts and a couple fo Gusts, I finally obtained the Zephyr Badge. Yippe for gym Leader delete,. :3
Next stop, ummm, I don't really know...

Current Party
Fragledile Level 12
:69: Taco Bell Level 10
:92: RickGastly Level 10

Graveyard

Last edited by Shiny; January 16, 2011 at 06:47:35 PM.
Old January 8, 2011, 06:12:50 PM
Kyurem

Yipee... Yet another long introduction to the Pokemon world b Professor Oak. yaddah yaddah yaddah. "Are you a boy or a girl?", he asked. I answered boy. Named myself "Shiny". Then he proceeded to tell me how my adventure is about to start. Got warped to my house and went downstairs to meet my mom. She gave me my trainer card, a save book I guess, options, a PokeGEAR, and a manbag.
I then continued on to Professor Elm's house. i chose Totodile as my starter and named him 'Fragledile'. He then gave me a quest to go and meet Mr. Pokemon. He also told me to let my Pokemon walk with him to increase friendship or something. Bleh whatever.

Current Party
Fragledile Level 5

Graveyard
None

Whew! Passed through Route 29 untouched. No Hoothoot's at this time at night I guess. Entered Cherrygrove City only to be greeted by the Guide Gent. He walked me around the City showing me the water, PC, PokeMart, and Route 30. He then gave me his sweaty running shoesa new pair of running shoes to keep. As I entered Route 30 I was attacked by a wild Rattata. Had no Pokeballs so I had to 'faint' it. Meh, got attacked by yet another Pokemon. It was another Rattata, fainted it once again. Arrived at Mr. Pokemon's house to meet him and Professor Oak. Mr. Pokemon gave me a mystery Egg, while Professor Oak gave me a Pokedex. Exited his house only to receive a call from Professor Elm.

Current Party
Fragledile Level 6

Graveyard
None

Last edited by Shiny; January 9, 2011 at 01:48:53 PM. Reason: Update 2
Old January 8, 2011, 06:48:58 PM
Giratina

Oh, no potions? Good luck with this! It'll be a bit more difficult than mine. Good luck at he E4. I'll follow along. o3o
Old January 8, 2011, 06:52:18 PM
Kyurem

lol I know...
Planning on level grinding before I battle 'em though. XD
Old January 9, 2011, 02:14:20 PM
Kyurem

As I exited Cherrygrove City to meet up with Elm I was challenged by my Rival, SK. Turns out SK is a red headed emo boy, XD
He attacked with his Pansyosaurus, Chikorita. I beat him with ease. Chikorita used only 1 Tackle during the whole battle, while the rest were growls. Fragledile grew to Level 8 and learned Rage because of this. Fought a couple of Sentret's afterwards and raised Fragledile up to level 9. When I got to Elm's lab there was the popo. Oh noes. It turns out SK is a criminal and stole a Pansyosaurus from the Lab. Darn that SK. Then I gave Elm the Mystery Egg and he just continued talking about a bunch of boring stoof that'll somehow help me later on in the game. When I tried to leave I got Potions from some AIDS. Yippe something I won't use. Then Lyra taught me how to catch Pogeymanz as if I haven't been playing Pokemon for years. Then I got some balls from her. ;D

Current Party
Fragledile Level 9

Graveyard
None

Last edited by Shiny; January 9, 2011 at 04:33:27 PM.
Old January 9, 2011, 02:19:43 PM
Giratina

Oh man, I'm such a terrible guy. But in the end you will make me better. <3
Old January 9, 2011, 04:31:20 PM
Kyurem

lol Hopefully, SK.

Phew.. after a couple battles level grinding finally arrived in Violet City. Basically the first important city, as it has a Gym. I also got to battle Youngster Joey and his top percentage Rattata!. It was liek so ossim dood. So far I've obtained 3 new Pokemon. In Route 28 I encountered a wild Pidgey. After a successful capture I named it Aero. Aero will hopefully be a nice addition to my team, as Sprout Tower is coming up and I need a Pokemon effective against Grass types. Soon after I encountered JoJo, the Weedle in Route 29. I caught it, and... unfortunately he ended up dying in battle. But to make up for that loss I caught Taco Bell, the Bellsprout.
This is madness
inb4thisisspartajoke
Basically soem dood is saying my Pogeymanz suck and they need to train more. How dare he say such a thing!

Party
Fragledile Level 10

Graveyard

Last edited by Shiny; January 9, 2011 at 04:33:51 PM.
Old January 9, 2011, 06:06:06 PM
Haxorus

Good Luck! Oh btw, are you going to face Red?
Old January 9, 2011, 06:28:30 PM
Kyurem

Hmmm, I haven't really thought about it to be honest. I /might/ face him and it sounds like a cool thing to do. :3
Old January 11, 2011, 01:06:16 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
... Yup. yet another Nuzlocke Run thread. What makes this thread different from the others? I don't know... new rules and different game I guess.
In this thread I'll be doing a Nuzlocke Run of the Johto remake, Pokemon: SoulSilver.

Don't know what a Nuzlcoke Run is?
Hurr Durr

Anyways, let's get on to the rules of this run.
  • 1. You must catch the first Pokemon you see in each area that is not a duplicate. If the Pokemon faints or runs away, you can not catch anymore Pokemon for that area.
  • 2. Event Pokemon count as the caught Pokemon in that area. Example: Eevee from Bill
  • 3. Nickname all your pokemon. Nicknaming helps to bond with the Pokemon.
  • 4. Once Pokemon have been fainted in battle they must be released. No exceptions.
    If a Pokemon refuses to be released, it must be renamed 'Zombie' and permanently boxed in the PC.
  • 5. All healing must be done via a Pokemon Center. No potions, full restores, etc.

Anyways, if you haven't noticed, this run will be played using SoulSilver. I'll /try/ to update daily with important stoof in my journey to become a Pokemon Master.

Anyways, let's start.

Updates    

Current Party
Fragledile Level 5

Current Party
Fragledile Level 6

Current Party
Fragledile Level 9

Graveyard
None

This is madness
inb4thisisspartajoke

Party
Fragledile Level 10

Graveyard
:19: JoJo - Route 29
YOU'RE SO DISRESPECTFUL IT HAD A RATTATA INSTEAD OF WEEDLE

YOU DISRESPECTFUL MAN

(it's 10 or 14)
Old January 11, 2011, 01:13:07 PM
Kyurem

dood Shaddup...
I forgot to edit the Weedle in. I already feel guilty for killing JoJo. :C
Old January 11, 2011, 03:26:24 PM
Volcarona

R.I.P JoJo. :(

On the other hand, you replace a pokemon named taco belll. mmm...... Why does it make me hungry all the sudden?
Old January 11, 2011, 06:18:10 PM
Kyurem

It's cause I'm just like uberly ossim at nicknaming Pokemanz. ;D

Update 5 Monday January 11, 2011 - The Last Sage -
Phew, after hours of distractions I've finally got to yet another update on this thing. So, I was able to battle my way through many sages to conquer Sprout tower. Luckily, they had suckish level 3 Bellsprouts. ;D
And Aero pwned em all. With a little help from my other Pokemans.
On the way I had the chance of encountering my new Pokemon, RickGastly. That's right kids. I'm bad to the bone and put no space. 8)
I finally got to the top of the tower only to be interrupted by SK being a pissy little female dog. =p
Blah blah blah blah
I then battled the Head Sage. His Bellsprouts proved now challenge for Aero. His ******* Hoothoot put asleep all my 'monz cept Fragledile. But luckily, Fragledile prevailed and we defeated the sage getting a prize of TM70, Flash.
Now let's hope I can finally battle Falkner and get the Whatverbadgehehas Badge.

Current Party
Fragledile Level 11
:69: Taco Bell Level 9
:92: RickGastly Level 9

Graveyard

Last edited by Shiny; January 11, 2011 at 06:42:58 PM.
Old January 11, 2011, 06:32:08 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
interrupted by SK being a pissy little female dog. =p
YOU'RE a pissy little female dog! >:V

Also nice RickGhastly :3

Last edited by SK; January 11, 2011 at 06:32:29 PM.
Old January 11, 2011, 06:42:14 PM
Kyurem

D: The truth has came out.
Old January 15, 2011, 04:18:23 AM
Floatzel

Rick gastly :s

that's fantasic
Old January 15, 2011, 11:31:59 PM
Servine

taco bell?that makes me hungry.now i want a taco!
Old January 16, 2011, 06:45:29 PM
Kyurem

Update 6 Sunday January 16, 2011
After hours of me being lazy and neglecting this like an abusive father interruption, I've finally fought Falkner and obtained the Zephyr Badge. (Zephyr sounds liek a drug I'd take XD)
The battle started off all right. Ricky out Pidgey to sleep with Hypnosis then Aero did his stuff. Then Falkner's faec raeping Pidgeotto came out and literally almost kicked my ass. Leaving Ricky and Aero hanging on to their life with the skin of their teeth. Fragledile held in there with some help from Taco Bell. After what seemed like 10 million Roosts and a couple fo Gusts, I finally obtained the Zephyr Badge. Yippe for gym Leader delete,. :3
Next stop, ummm, I don't really know...

Current Party
Fragledile Level 12
:69: Taco Bell Level 10
:92: RickGastly Level 10

Graveyard

Last edited by Shiny; January 16, 2011 at 06:47:59 PM.