Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 21, 2011, 11:27:15 PM
Kyurem

Default My first RMT thread

*Sigh* Well heres goes. This is my first RMT (What ever RMT stands for) but im going to keep short and simple to understand as my battle plans are somewhat odd. Heres a team i used sometimes but its very good at my stand points.

Swampert
Item-leftovers
Nature-Relaxed
Evs- 252hp, 252def, 4sp.def
Moves: Roar, Icebeam, Stealthrock, Earthquake

My lead also my main physcial wall, Stealthrock when i have the chance. Deal some damage with icebeam and earthquake and maybe roar a few pokemon for the entry hazzards to take its toll.

Scizor
Nature-Adamant
Ability-Technician
Item-Choiceband
Evs-252hp, 252atk, 4 speed
moves-U-turn, Superpower, Pursuit, Bulletpunch

My main choice item user, Can attempt a sweep using bulletpunch or scout using u-turn and deal damage. Pursuit if i think the opponet is scared of him and deal massive damage. Superpower for whatever that resists these moves plus it hits tyarranitar hard if i think its slower than me or if i can survive an attack from it.

Gengar
Item-Lifeorb
Nature-Timid
Eves- 252speed, 252 sp.atk, 4def
Moves-Painsplit, Shadowball, Focusblast, Substitute

My main special attacker, deal massive damage to anything that doest resist my moves thanks to lifeorb. Use painsplit if my HP gets to low and use sub. if i think i can survive a hit to keep the sub. up. I also use it to scout.

Zororoak
Nature-Timid
Item-lifeorb
Evs-252speed, 252sp.atk, 4hp
Moves-Nastyplot, Flamethrower, Focusblast, Nightdaze

My main stat boosting special attacker, Use his ability to try to "pretend" to be a pokemon that scares away the oppoents current pokemon and to try to either nastyplot up or predict a non-switch out and deal damage. Flamethrower to hit steels, Focusblast to hit other darks, and nightdaze for STAB.

Conkeldurr
Nature-adamant
Ability-Guts
Item-leftovers/flameorb
Evs-120hp, 252atk, 136sp.def
Moves-Bulk-up, Drainpunch, Machpunch, Payback

My Somewhat wallish pokemon-Number one check to excadrill, Use bulk-up to increase my atk. and def. or attack right away depending on the current pokemon hes going against. Payback for ghosts that otherwise wall him. Machpunch on faster pokemon including EXCADRILL (Hate this thing when battleing it) and others. Drainpunch to gain more HP back when HP gets low.

Deoxys-D
Nature-Calm
Item-Leftovers
Evs-252hp, 252sp.def, 4def
Moves-Spikes, Toxic, Icebeam, Recover

My main special attacker wall, Use spikes when i get the chance to lay more entryhazzards. Toxic on stuff i cant really hurt with icebeam (Poison and steels laugh at toxic). icebeam to deal some damage and maybe get a freeze hax. And recover to heal HP when it gets low.

OK so what you guys think. If it looks bad so what its my first RMT and i never did this before.

Last edited by kakashidragon; August 22, 2011 at 12:09:33 AM.
Old August 21, 2011, 11:42:45 PM
Giratina

Oh haha! I faced this team. Its good! I'll do a whole rate once your done
Old August 22, 2011, 12:16:25 AM
Kyurem

Well its done now so rate away my peeps!!
Old August 22, 2011, 01:09:02 AM
Giratina

Set Comments in Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post

Swampert
Item-leftovers
Nature-Relaxed
Evs- 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Moves: Roar/Scald, Icebeam, Stealthrock, Earthquake

These are the Ideal EV's for a lead swampert set. It makes it bulky enough for it to live against an Excadrill earthquake. (Non-swords dance) Scald is another option for roar, because it is great stab, and has a chance for a burn. Scald has killed my excadrill, and survived some hits from it too.

Scizor
Nature-Adamant
Ability-Technician
Item-Choiceband
Evs-248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
moves-U-turn, Superpower, Pursuit, Bulletpunch

Just to make sure it can outspeed things ;D Not much to say on this, as its a normal set.

Gengar
Item-Lifeorb
Nature-Timid
Eves- 252speed, 252 sp.atk, 4hp
Moves-Painsplit, Shadowball, Focusblast, Substitute

HP would be a better investment for EV's. Other than that, good set.

Zororoak
Nature-Timid
Item-lifeorb
Evs-252speed, 252sp.atk, 4hp
Moves-Nastyplot, Flamethrower, Focusblast, Nightdaze

Just make sure you don't use Night Daze on a pokemon that resists it. That gives away the whole disguise. That would suck. Zoroark is also quite frail too though. DONT SWITCH INTO ATTACKS! Reason 1: No more illusion. Reason 2: It doesnt take much to kill zoarark. (I CANT SPELL HIS NAME :O)

Conkeldurr
Nature-adamant
Ability-Guts
Item- flameorb
Evs-120hp, 252atk, 136sp.def
Moves-Bulk-up, Drainpunch, Machpunch, Payback

Very common set. Not much to say here.

Deoxys-D
Nature-Calm
Item-Leftovers
Evs-252hp, 252sp.def, 4def
Moves-Spikes, Toxic, Icebeam, Recover

This guy dies to taunt. As you saw, i easily stalled him out with a jellicent. Besides that, it is an over all good set.

Great team! Has ok type-coverage. I dont have much to say anymore given that im reeaaalllyyy tired. It is 5:08 :O
Old August 22, 2011, 02:39:13 AM
Rayquaza

RMT- Rate My Team

Anyway, you need to keep in mind that Swampert has lost its shine as a lead (and as an OU too) with all the new Pokémon that showed up. Since its main role is to lay Stealth Rock, it is now harder with the Pranksters around. Furthermore, Ferrothorn walls it completely, is able to stall it with Leech Seed and lay Spikes in return.

Choice Banded Scizor is no longer used as a revenge killer, since once stuck with a move, there are many Pokémon that would take it as a chance to set-up. If you want to use Scizor, then switch to the basic Swords Dance set, as it is more reliable.

Deoxys-D can be shut down completely with Skarmory or any Taunt user that resists Ice Beam.
Old August 22, 2011, 08:45:26 AM
Giratina

Yeah, i forgot to add that too. Swampert isn't as good as he used to be anymore. I didn't list any weaknesses before, but here i go now:

key of weaknesses.    

*= Not so much a big threat, but its out there.
**= Okay, these might be a bit big as a threat, so watch out, but not that much
***= Alright, im in trouble now. This is a big threat. Watch out!
****= This is the point where more than half of the team is in danger.
****** (Or above)= HOLY JEEZUS YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!

* - Ferrothorn DOES wall your swampert pretty good, but half your team has a fighting/fire move anyways, so thats good. If you can, refrain from using Conkeldurr and use special attacks on him, so you don't get the iron barbs effect.

Haha, well thats all i can think of right now, but i'll see if anyone else wants to add threats, and maybe i'll add more too.
Old August 22, 2011, 10:33:01 AM
Zoroark

You should put night shade on Deoxys because ice beam is resisted by a few types and might do low or high damage depending on the situation. While night shade will do a fixed amount.
Old August 22, 2011, 10:35:18 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by snivy View Post
You should put night shade on Deoxys because ice beam is resisted by a few types and might do low or high damage depending on the situation. While night shade will do a fixed amount.
But then Deoxys would get walled by Blissey/Chansey.. Who is VERY Common...
Old August 22, 2011, 10:49:41 AM
Kyurem

The choiceband scizor works if i send him in late game, move sets work right if the player knows how to use them, plus it makes it hard to predict if im using standard sets are not.
Old August 22, 2011, 12:35:15 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
But then Deoxys would get walled by Blissey/Chansey.. Who is VERY Common...
Ice beam would still not do anything because of their massive special defence+HP.
Old August 22, 2011, 02:10:27 PM
Giratina

Night Shade doesn't effect them >w>
Old August 22, 2011, 08:17:04 PM
Kyurem

Ya i used this team before the whole Metagame changed. This one of my early B/W teams i used for wifi battles. Too bad my old team i used on PO dosnt do well anymore now.