Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 6, 2011, 06:32:50 PM
Volcarona

Default Inhuman : A twist on horror movies.

My concept for a horror movie is quite simple; what if the human became the monster and the beings of non - human species (usually associated with killing and massacre in horror films, e.g. Vampire, Werewolf, etc.) became the victims (with other humans of course)?

Here is part of the plot:

A regular human guy is upset with his life. Not only is he very unstable mentally, but he is very quick to temper. He can also lose control very quick. He loses everything; his family, his job, his house and his money. Alone, scared and infuriated, he kills people and takes their money for a living. There are many reasons why he is upset; his wife cheats on him, his kids treat him like **** (at the age of four by the way), he's always picked on by his colleagues at work, and his boss never seems happy, even with how hard he tries.

Over the years, this man goes missing. Legend says he committed suicide.
His wife soon realizes she was never there for him when he needed her. That, and he actually treated her very well (and without a doubt the best out of all the men she's had). She returns to the small town with her kids where her husband was said to have disappeared.

All of a sudden, multiple murders take place. Mutilated bodies (and by that I mean grinded up remains of flesh) are found scattered everywhere, in distant parts of the isolated town. Some bodies don't even look like regular animals, nor humans. The wife feels that she has to stay, regardless of the lack of sensible motive. The kids feel that something is wrong, and try to convince her to leave, but the wife simply doesn't want to go.

The husband returns. It turns out he is the killer. He goes massacring everybody, from cops and religious people, to animals and children.

As the story progresses, it turns out one of the dead children of the town happens to be a werewolf. The family of the daughter plots to destroy their killer. But the werewolves underestimate the man. The husband beats half of them with weapons, rips their flesh apart with his bare hands and gnaws at them, similar to a zombie. Finally, the remaining humans and werewolves decide to team up and kill him. The wife doesn't like this idea. Instead, she tries to find him, find out why he became a monster and escape with her family before they kill her husband. Even vampires decide to join the fight.

In one scene, the husband attacks a group of humans, werewolves and vampires that try to kill him in a house. All of this is recorded live and broadcasted worldwide from a helicopter. Everybody watching is shocked to see vampires and werewolves, but that all goes out the window when they see not only the previously-deemed mythical creatures, but humans also trying to kill the husband as a team. Things get even crazier when the viewers notice the husband actually WINNING. Everybody would be scared at the thought of living with the potentially-dangerous mystical beings, but seeing the husband slaughter EVERYBODY, regardless of race, the audience considered "rethinking".

EDIT: Due to a very prominent plothole that I had already noticed in the plot, I have decided to fill them in with possible solutions to fix the plot.

Plothole 1: "But I don't get it - how is he able to win against beings with more power than a man by their very nature? Is he superhuman or something? Or does he get powers?" - Dashing Leaves

- The father could have made a deal with the devil. (Plothole Fix #1 by Dashing Leaves.)

Last edited by GalliumGrant; December 27, 2011 at 07:56:16 PM.
Old December 26, 2011, 09:09:53 PM
Joltik

I like the concept! It's very original.

But I don't get it - how is he able to win against beings with more power than a man by their very nature?

Is he superhuman or something? Or does he get powers?

Just wondering... I like the idea though, it'd be cool if you wrote it all out.