Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 3, 2012, 12:25:22 PM
Regigigas

Default Li Uta's journal: Old Oak Town

Li woke up to an alarm from his phone. "God what time is it" He said then he looked at his phone he saw what the alarm was called. "Oh man my journey starts today awesome!" He yelled. He got out of bed into his clothes and bolted out of his room to his front door and opened it seeing the outside.
Old September 3, 2012, 03:45:30 PM
Shaymin

Outside Li's House:

Li's house is a little off the side of the town. It was buried in the edge of the town with the trees. It is by a few more houses, but basically it is in the outskirts. But the Lab was very visual from the angle that his house was at. It would take a good 10 minutes to walk there. The welcoming sun was a nice sight on the way though. And a few houses on the way would be something for him to look at on the way.

Last edited by teamplasma; September 3, 2012 at 06:23:01 PM.
Old September 3, 2012, 05:20:43 PM
Regigigas

Li smiled at the lab. "Man take a while to walk there... Better run!" He said then he started sprinting towards the lab. He got there he walked up to the doors. "Finally I can get a pokemon" He said then he pressed open the doors.

Last edited by john-li; September 3, 2012 at 07:01:25 PM.
Old September 4, 2012, 02:51:31 PM
Shaymin

Li opened the doors to see shiny machines and mechanisms. There are flashing lights and such decorating the machines exterior. A machines bordered every wall. At the back one was a long table, a desk, and a small machine holding PokeBalls. At the machine was a man that was fairly tall and young. He had light brown and flowing hair. The long lab coat that he wore blended in with the white flooring.
Old September 4, 2012, 02:56:50 PM
Regigigas

Li saw the man and the machine and walked in. "Uh hello are you the professor i'm a new trainer and I think I was supposed to come here and receive a pokemon" He said. "Are those them?" Li asked pointing at the pokeballs.
Old September 4, 2012, 06:57:02 PM
Shaymin

(Please you a little better grammar. I just read all of that as a sentence and was like "LOLWUT?". But I essentially got it)

"Woah, guy. Calm down." He smiled lightly. He walked to Li and said. "Hi I am Professor Storax. Who are you, may I ask?"
Old September 5, 2012, 03:48:57 PM
Regigigas

Li looked at the man. "My name is Li... Li Uta". Li replied. He rubbed his head "so why was I supposed to come here?". He asked the professor in confusion. He then rubbed his head again his short attention span and confused head wasn't treating him to well.

(Also sorry for the grammar thing I get it a lot I'm not really the best speller)

Last edited by john-li; September 5, 2012 at 03:49:23 PM.
Old September 6, 2012, 02:09:03 PM
Shaymin

"I... I dont believe I called you to come here." He said, with more confused face than before. "There are studies saying one can nonconsciously tell people to preform a task through aura's. Though, I dont believe those personally because they aren't proven." He paced a little more with his hand rubbing his chin. "To say the least, I think you have a mix up. Trainers usually come to me for supplies and essentials for heir Pokemon League journey. Well, that is that it probability favors that side, but they dont always take on the League. So, I am sorry. You sure you got the right guy?"
Old September 6, 2012, 03:31:13 PM
Regigigas

"Well... You do have things to help me get to the league right?" Li asked puzzled. "I mean looks like you have pokemon". Li said pointing at the pokeballs. "And it may not look like it... But I want to be the champion because everyone tells me I can't do it" Li told the professer.
Old September 7, 2012, 03:41:47 AM
Shaymin

Professor turned in the direction of him. "HAHA! You should have said that is what you are looking for. Sorry. Yes. I am the man that is supposed to supply young trainers." She smiled now that he wasn't confused. "Okay, yes. Over here Li." He walked him over to a cart of Pokeballs over in the back. "These are 18 pokemon and they are all labeled. You may pick one of them."
Old September 7, 2012, 05:55:07 AM
Regigigas

Li looked at the pokeballs anodild tried to make a decision. "Hmm... Can I have Totodile?" Li asked picking up the pokeball.
Old September 7, 2012, 08:42:32 PM
Shaymin

"If you want. Do you want to meet it before you spend your life with it?"
Old September 8, 2012, 05:14:22 AM
Regigigas

Li nodded "sure I would love to meet it". Li said. "So do I just open the thing" Li asked looking at the pokeball. "Or would that make me choose it" He asked embarrassed.
Old September 8, 2012, 07:13:06 AM
Shaymin

"You just press the button and they come out. And no, that doesn't mean you have picked that Pokemon. You may view as many as you want before you actually choose one." Storax said, still being patient.
Old September 8, 2012, 10:22:52 AM
Regigigas

Li pressed the button and the Totodile came out. "Hi buddy do you want to be my partner" Li asked smiling. "It's your choice whether you want to or don't want to" Li said. The Totodile nodded and cheered a little and ran up to Li smiling. "Okay but... You need a name hmm... How about Taibo ya i'll call you Taibo" Li said. Totodile smiled and jumped up and down. "So professor what else do I need before I take on the league?" Li asked picking up Taibo.

(The most original nickname ever)

Last edited by john-li; September 8, 2012 at 08:32:55 PM.
Old September 8, 2012, 08:50:39 PM
Shaymin

"I am glad that you asked me. Since I am here to supply trainers I must give you a few things." Professor Storax reached into his pocket and took out a few things. "Here is 5 PokeBalls and 2 Potions." He dropped the Items in his hand.

Old September 9, 2012, 08:27:37 AM
Regigigas

"Thanks professor I promise I am going to become the champion" Li said. "Well gotta go" Li said waving at professor Storax running out of the lab. "Okay Taibo were gonna take on the league together" Li told the Totodile. "Were to first" Li said looking around.
Old September 9, 2012, 01:31:06 PM
Shaymin

Outside the Lab:
To the left was the Route in-between Oldoak Town and Paradora City. That route was the home to many unskilled Pokemon. Li's house was about a block away to the right. And ahead was more houses. At the end of the houses ahead was a pond where small water pokemon usually resided. There were more people outside doing yardwork now.
Old September 9, 2012, 02:03:22 PM
Regigigas

Li walked into town and saw people doing yard work. He went up to a man "Hey how do I get out of town" Li asked he lived far away from the actual Old Oak town he didn't really know how to leave.
Old September 9, 2012, 02:50:42 PM
Shaymin

(I just told you but okay..........)

The man looked up at the boy. He had a big mustache and a smile on his face. "Ummm. Yes. You just go though that route right there." He pointed to the Route right next to the lab that Li just came out of. "You just go straight down that Route and in about 3-4 hours of walking you could be there. But that is without stops." The man looked back down and raked some more of his yard.
Old September 9, 2012, 02:55:13 PM
Regigigas

Li put his hand on his face. "Wow... I was just there" He said. Then Li saw a pond in the distance. "Hmm... did I see a pokemon there?" Li asked himself noticing Taibo leaving his arms running at the pond. "Taibo wait up" Li said running after him. Li got to the pond and saw Taibo swimming in it happily.
Old September 9, 2012, 05:28:42 PM
Shaymin

Totadile was jumping around and plashing in the shallow end of the small pond. The pond was small, all of it's edges were visible from the shallow end. On the other end of the pond was a pokemon or two getting a drink. And in the trees were bug type pokemon. This pond was known by the people od Oldoak to be full of fish-Pokemon and small land-Pokemon.
Old September 9, 2012, 05:46:14 PM
Regigigas

Li smiled at Taibo and got him from the pond. "Okay as much as I would love to stay and meet some pokemon we gotta go Taibo" Li told the Totodile. "Okay to the route" Li said running towards the route with Taibo. Li eventually reached the route and took his first steps into the tall grass with Taibo. "My adventure starts now" Li said walking in the grass.
Old September 10, 2012, 03:23:03 PM
Shaymin

(You really need to take your time with these posts. The pokemon that appear and the quality of the person's life depends on how good these posts are. Spend a little more time on them and make them a little more plentiful.)

The route from Oldoak to Paradora is really straight. It is basically a line. The line is the light brown dirt path and the dirt path was all surrounded by forest. The forest was really thick, so you wouldn't be able to see that far into it. And the path was pretty bare, no one was going in or out obviously. But the path was so long that you couldn't even see the end of it from the entrance.

The sun was going down. It would be soon time to sleep. That wouldn't help the 3-4 hour walk that he had ahead. It was probably the longest walk that Li had ever encountered yet. So no would be a good workout!
Old September 11, 2012, 06:44:12 PM
Regigigas

Li saw rustles and heard noises. "Taibo how about we take a side trip" Li said. Taibo jumped in joy and ran towards the rustles. "Totodile totodile" Taibo said happily. Li laughed and did the same. "Come on out pokemon" Li said happily running with Taibo. Taibo jumped on some rustling grass. "Did we find one?!" Li asked excitedly.
Old September 12, 2012, 06:44:13 PM
Shaymin

(I have to keep repeating myself. Please put a little more into your posts. What is rustling?)

Inside the bush that what rustling was a small rat-like Pokemon. The Ratatta, small and scared looked up at Li with weak eyes. He was nibbling on some kind of berries. He was obviously a baby, and scared to death.
Old September 12, 2012, 06:58:49 PM
Regigigas

Li was surprised and upset. "Oh my i'm so sorry" He said picking up the rattata. "You can go" He said setting it down. Li saw another rustle a pokemon for sure he heard it making noises. "Oh maybe we can battle it" Li said. Li walked up and poked what ever was in the grass. Taibo walked up and poked it to. The pokemon growled Li still couldn't see it. "Oh no we made it angry" Li said taking his hand back.
Old September 13, 2012, 05:01:31 PM
Shaymin

(Honestly I dont like what you said, saying that there was a Pokemon. Because Mods decide what happens, and you are not one. But it is okay. I can work with it )

The hidden, angry Pokemon turned to the ignorant Totadile. The pokemon was about his size, but a little bigger. A Patrat turned around with a disturbed look on its face. It growled when it looked at the surprise boy.
Old September 14, 2012, 06:25:53 AM
Regigigas

Li frowned and picked Taibo. "We just aren't good at this" Li said backing away. "Let's find a not angry pokemon" Li said. Then he started to head towards Paradora city. "Looks like we'll never find someone to battle".

Last edited by john-li; September 14, 2012 at 06:26:04 AM.
Old September 15, 2012, 02:30:24 PM
Shaymin

(I just gave you a pokemon to battle! And you wouldn't just walk away, because if it was angry, it would obviously either attack you or chase you away. So I think that you again need to think a little more.)

Li couldn't get two feet away before the Patrat had come running at him and Taibo. It was obviously picking a fight.

Pokémon Sprite 504
Patrat
Male - Runaway - Level 4
Leer - Tackle
HP: 30/30

Pokémon Sprite 158
Totodile
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Leer - Scratch
HP: 35/35

Last edited by teamplasma; September 15, 2012 at 02:31:15 PM.
Old September 16, 2012, 04:59:09 PM
Regigigas

Li smiled at the patrat. "Alright let's go Taibo scratch!" Li ordered.

Last edited by john-li; September 16, 2012 at 04:59:24 PM.
Old September 19, 2012, 01:07:28 PM
Shaymin

(You were ignored for a day [and the day my internet was out] for lacking in your posts. Please use more detail and content next time.)

The Patrat noticed that the trainer had his Pokemon to do something. So he acted fast. He quickly sprang at Li's Pokemon and scratched him. It wasn't as hard as one would expect because of the effort that he put into it. It did afflict Taibo, though. Taibo quickly retaliated from the attack, he go back up and started his attack towards Patrat. He jumped at him and slashed his hand at him. It made contact! Patrat seem to take more damage.

Patrat
Male - Runaway - Level 4
Leer - Tackle
HP:26/30

Totodile
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Leer - Scratch
HP: 31/35
Old September 19, 2012, 03:11:33 PM
Regigigas

(Well it's hard to make an attack comand a wall of text(Why does everyone hate how I post all the sudden it's making me want to leave VR))

Li saw the Patrat retaliate. "Now we have a battle" Li said. "Taibo use scratch again" Li ordered. "Okay Patrat we can have a battle" Li said laughing. Taibo smiled and prepared to attack. (Man this is exiting) Li thought.

(Is that big enough?)

Last edited by john-li; September 19, 2012 at 03:14:31 PM.
Old September 20, 2012, 02:34:25 PM
Shaymin

(Yes thank you. And dont say people hate your posts. It just could use improvement sometimes.)

Patrat, again was the faster one. He ran up to Patrat and spiraled in the air, then the scratch attack followed. But though Patrat is quick on his feet, he doesn't have the quicker hand. Taibo used his attack while Patrat was spiraling his body. He basically brought himself to Taibo to get hit. And because Patrat already used his attack, he wasn't able to attack again. Taibo was undamaged and Patrat had taken some from his dallying.

Patrat
Male - Runaway - Level 4
Leer - Tackle
HP:20/30

Totodile
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Leer - Scratch
HP: 31/35

Last edited by teamplasma; September 20, 2012 at 02:34:40 PM.
Old September 20, 2012, 05:40:27 PM
Regigigas

Li looked strangely at the Patrat. (Well that was odd of it) Li thought. "Come on Patrat you can do better" Li said. "Okay Taibo your doing a good job" Li said smiling. "Okay use leer Taibo" Li commanded. (Okay Patrat show me your skill) Li thought to himself.
Old September 21, 2012, 02:42:27 PM
Shaymin

Patrat was very shocked that his effort was futile. But this put more determination into his mind. Taibo stared at Patrat and he was freaked out. Taibo's eyes glowed light blue whenever Patrat's attention was on him. After a moment of staring he full-forced went for an attack at Taibo. He ran at him,this time not spiraling. He swiped his hand at Taibo and scratched him in the side of this body.

Patrat
Male - Runaway - Level 4
Leer - Tackle
HP:20/30

Totodile
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Leer - Scratch
HP: 26/35
Old September 24, 2012, 03:10:04 PM
Regigigas

Taibo took the hit and growled a little. Taibo counter struck with a scratch without waiting for a command. "Taibo what are you doing?" Li said. Taibo looked at Li and looked down a little as if to say sorry. " It's okay but watch out before patrat attacks again" Li said. (Hmm.. Should I catch it?) Li questioned himself.

Last edited by john-li; September 24, 2012 at 03:11:13 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 03:25:19 PM
Haxorus

Patrat was a little unprepared for Taibo's attack, but its instincts kicked in at the last moment, allowing it to not take as much damage from the clawing move. The Patrat's attack came after it shook off the surprise and was a little half-hearted. It jumped at Taibo with a slow movement and landed heavily. The Pokémon was starting to get tired.

Patrat
Male - Runaway - Level 4
Leer - Tackle
HP:15/30

Totodile
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Leer - Scratch
HP: 22/35

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; September 24, 2012 at 03:26:24 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 03:29:22 PM
Regigigas

(Wow you are a mod that's cool )

Li picked up the patrat. "You must be tuckered out" Li said. Li reached in his beg. "Well you need to be healed" Li said. Li pulled out a pokeball and used it on patrat. "Come on work" Li said.
Old September 24, 2012, 03:40:13 PM
Haxorus

A bright light encased the Patrat and its body was pulled into the ball. There was a tense moment, as if the whole world had stopped to see the result of this action. All Li could hear was the pounding of his own heart. The ball wiggled a few times, but nothing came out. It was Li's lucky day, he had successfully caught the Pokémon!

Name:  Patrat.gif
Views: 147
Size:  58.3 KB
Patrat
Male - Runaway - Level 4
Leer - Tackle
HP: 22/30
Old September 29, 2012, 04:53:41 PM
Regigigas

Li picked up the pokeball and jumped for joy. "Ya it worked!" He yelled. Taibo smiled and Patrat came out of the pokeball. The three celebrated their new friendship together. "Let's call you.. Parin!" Li exclaimed. Parin smiled and kept jumping. "Patrat Patrat" It cried.

Last edited by john-li; September 29, 2012 at 05:01:48 PM.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:10:32 PM
Haxorus

The sun was just beginning its descent from the sky when the Patrat was caught, making the time just after supper. Parin and Taibo who, though happily celebrating in front of Li (Parin far less enthusiastic than Taibo), were starting to look tired. Parin sat down grumpily, unpleased with having been so weak as to be caught. He was happy that it seemed as though a strong trainer had captured him, though. Perhaps the three of them would grow to be very strong some day...
Old September 29, 2012, 08:23:37 PM
Regigigas

Li smiled and picked up the pokemon. "You guys must be tired all get you to town before dark" Li said runnning towards the next town. Li could see the town was closer. "Hopefully we won't run into another wild pokemon it's almost dark" Li said. (This thread made me like patrat more XD)
Old September 30, 2012, 06:42:58 AM
Haxorus

As Li approached the lights it became clearer that what he was approaching was not a town, but in fact a group of people around a campfire. There were three people surrounding it and three Pokémon accompanying them. A girl with very long, dark hair that was perhaps black and with very pale skin sat with what seemed to be her Charmander. She seemed to laugh a lot and looked very young. Next to them was a boy who seemed to be the one making her laugh the most. He had short brown hair and a silly grin on his tan face. Beside him sat a Treeko that seemed to occasionally join in on his silly antics. The last person seemed to be a girl judging by her long hair, but Li couldn't see her face. She sat quietly, hugging her Mareep.
Old September 30, 2012, 01:20:05 PM
Regigigas

Li stopped and set down Parin and Taibo. "Uh hello?" Li said wondering who the people were. Taibo walked fowards and Parin followed behind. "Are you guys camping I need a place thats safe to sleep it's really dark" Li said walking towards his pokemon picking them up again.
Old September 30, 2012, 05:39:24 PM
Haxorus

The girl with the Mareep jumped up quickly and scurried to the other side of the campfire. The boy and black haired girl rose tensely. Once they could see Li, they were relieved. He didn't look dangerous.
"Hi," he said while the pale girl reassured the girl with the Mareep. "I'm Aidan. This is Bella," he gestured to the black haired girl. "And this Jessica." Li could now see the girl who had been scared. She was older than Bella, but looked more delicate. Her hair was coppery and her eyes very green. Freckles dotted her face, which was quickly hidden into her Mareep when she saw Li watching her.

"Hello there," Bella smiled. "You can camp here with us!" she announced.
"What? No way Bella, I get to make those kinds of decisions! I'm older!" Aidan yelled. "Ugh, sisters," he complained to Li. "But yeah, I guess you can stay with us... What's your name?" he inquired.
Old October 4, 2012, 02:20:05 PM
Regigigas

"My name is Li Uta... I am gonna become champion it's my dream and goal" Li told the boy. "This is Taibo and this is Parin" Li said holding up his pokemon. "So do you guys have any goals" Li said sitting down.
Old October 4, 2012, 03:50:32 PM
Haxorus

"Nice to meet you, Li!" Bella exclaimed excitedly. "I named my Charmander Charee, but the other two are boring and didn't want to name 'em." She seemed to hum with youthful energy. Jessica merely looked up at him and studied his face, then looked down once again.

"Boring, right" Aidan said sarcastically, making quotation marks in the air as he did so. "Anyway," he continued. "I'm planning on beating all of the gym leaders and then the Elite Four!" Aidan's face took on a surprising amount of intensity as he spoke, and he turned away to stir the fire.

"I plan on being a star!" Bella announced dramatically. "I will have many adoring fans from everywhere, and they will all want to give me lavish gifts!" She stuck out her tongue. At Bella's extravagant story, Aidan turned around again to laugh at her and tease her a little. "Just kidding," Bella confesed. "I don't know, really. I just know I wanna have lots of fun with Charee." There was an awkward pause.

"I hope to become a Pokémon breeder," Jessica spoke up softly. She looked off into the distance. "As long as I can remember, I have wanted to have lots of young Pokémon surrounding me. Especially soft and gentle Pokémon, like Mareep." She softly petted Mareep's fluffy head. "I think I'm going to go to sleep now," Jessica said, getting up to make her bed. She seemed to be in a dreamy, dazed state.
Old October 5, 2012, 02:19:50 PM
Regigigas

Li walked up to Jessica. "I like your dream it's really nice" Li said. Li then walked back to the fire. "So Aidan your challenging all the gym leaders too huh... Looks like i'll have to beat you to the champion" Li said.
Old October 5, 2012, 06:22:11 PM
Shaymin

Aidan chuckled letting Li think about it, "Good luck on trying to beat me!" He said a little arrogantly, but obviously not trying to offend Li. Jessica snickered to herself too, "Then you will have to beat me, when I am a gym leader." She said. The whole clan seemed to have high hope and confident they will achieve them. Bella pet her Charmander humming a familiar tune, sweetly serenading her companion. Jessica peaked up from her Mareep, "Where are you from, Mr. Uta?" She said in a playful tone.
Old October 7, 2012, 05:37:38 PM
Regigigas

Li chuckled and thought old oak town. "I'm from Oldoak Town it's where I met Taibo" Li said. "So where are you guys from?" Li questioned. "Paradora cause I'm headed there" Li said.

(Sorry if the spelling is bad I don't have the town names down yet)
Old October 8, 2012, 05:10:08 PM
Shaymin

(Spelling isn't an issue right now, if anything it MAYBE punctuation.)

All in sync with each other the there answered, "We are from Paradora." Jessica laughed after that, then the others followed suit, giggling about the synchronized speech. Aidan talked next, "But we are from South Paradora, which in much better than West Paradora." Bella added, "More shady things happen in the other end, not that our end is better for living. I am sure that both ends have lovely residence." Jessica gave a little smile of disbelief, but not vocalizing anything. "We just come over to the route to get away from the city. It can get really busy and loud sometimes, so we come over here and camp once in a while. That isn't the reason that we came over here today, though. " He said. Aidan looked at his Treeko and started to pet him, hinting the reason he went to Oldoak Town today.
Old October 13, 2012, 11:17:13 AM
Regigigas

"Oh you guy's went to Professor Storax!" Li said. "I got Taibo from there" Li said. "It's funny I came from Old Oak town to go to Paradora and you guys went from Paradora to Old oak" Li chuckled. Taibo yawned and lied down on Li's feet.
Old October 14, 2012, 03:00:45 PM
Shaymin

"It is really dark, don you think we should sleep?" Bella asked. Aidan yawned and stretched his arms. "Yeah, I am tired." Jessica added her voice. "What do you think?" The wind raddled in the trees, making a little noise with the world.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 14, 2012 at 03:03:19 PM.
Old October 20, 2012, 03:34:00 PM
Regigigas

Li smiled. "I'm pretty tired so where should I sleep?" Li asked. Taibo and Parin looked around. "Should I just sleep on the ground?" Li said uncertain. Li sat down and looked up at the two.

Last edited by john-li; October 20, 2012 at 03:34:39 PM.
Old October 20, 2012, 03:39:58 PM
Shaymin

The three children looked at each other, conjuring up ideas for what to do about the problem. Bella grabbed her bag and started to dig into it. She pulled out a blanket. "This is an extra blanket that I have. For now you may use it for whatever, but that is all that I have." She stood up and handed it to him over the fire, showing that the blanket was a pink and yellow shroud.
Old October 21, 2012, 03:30:32 PM
Regigigas

Li laughed. "It's perfect!" He chuckled. "Eh it'll do for now" Li said. Li laid the blanket across the ground. Then lied down on it Taibo and Parin lied down too. Li looked up at the two. "Goodnight!" Li said.
Old October 23, 2012, 05:25:35 PM
Haxorus

The night was quiet and still. Li slept well, despite the hard ground beneath him. Taibo and Parin had curled up to Li in the night and the trio made quite a cute little bunch while they were asleep.

The sun was still just brighening the sky when Li was awoken.
"Gooooood morning!" Bella said, jumping on Li a little before running out of his reach. It was an abrupt way to wake up.
Aidan looked over from where he was tending the fire.
"'Mornin'," he said, then turned to say something to Treecko. Jessica was nowhere to be seen, nor was her Mareep or Charee.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; October 23, 2012 at 05:26:12 PM.
Old February 18, 2013, 12:45:20 PM
Regigigas

(Is this still happening cause I don't know?)
Old February 18, 2013, 02:29:14 PM
Shaymin

(Ya know. People just stopped posting in it, GamerNamer left, it fell REALLY quickly. If you want to post, go ahead)
Old February 18, 2013, 04:37:03 PM
Regigigas

(Eh maybe later)