Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 17, 2013, 04:10:42 AM
Celebi

Default Rotom's First Nuzlocke (On Emerald)

Rotom's First Ever Nuzlocke

In the anticipation of X and Y and the sudden thought that if I replay an old game I might suddenly get a Shiny, I decided to replay through my old Emerald game... Again.

So I decided to shake things up and do it in a Nuzlocke, which I've never done before. I'm going to follow one of the optional rules and make an amusing/maybe not amusing comic strip every time something ridiculous happens. But otherwise, I'm just going to document my adventure here, and attempt to be humorous at the same time.

I'll post my first part in the next post.

EDIT: I forgot Rules!

I must follow these rules:
  • Once a Pokemon faints, I regard it as "dead" and lay it to rest in a special box in my computer.
  • Should every Pokemon I own "die", I somehow also die and must restart.
  • I have to capture the first Pokemon I see in an area. If I don't catch it, oops.
  • I need to nickname all Pokemon.
  • I can make exceptions for the catching rule should I see a super rare Pokemon.
  • I need to make a comic for everything I consider ridiculous.

Last edited by RotomGuy; September 17, 2013 at 07:10:12 AM.
Old September 17, 2013, 04:43:29 AM
Celebi

Day 1 - Littleroot Town to
After being forced into a truck by my own mother, we travelled to Littleroot Town. Then after being forced to set my clock, watch the television and introduce myself to the nextdoor neighbour, I went up to the first route.

Oh no! Professor Birch is in trouble! Being the good-hearted individual that my character is, I rescue him using a Mudkip. Unfortunately, I forfeit the chance to catch any more Pokemon on that route. Oh well. They all suck anyway.

The reward for rescuing Professor Birch is my first Pokemon!

AND A WET WELCOME TO...

Skeeper the Mudkip. Lvl 5.
Water Type (i never guessed)
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Hasty

So I go to re-meet his daughter. I carefully manoeuvre through the roots carefully avoiding Pokemon while I have no balls, and find May.

BATTLE - Rival May VS. Rotom!
Oh how convenient you have the Pokemon with a type advantage against me. You're either psychic or just nasty. So I go ahead and tackle this Treecko a few times. Of course, the Treekco gets a critical hit bringing my Skeeper down to 1 HP (no lie) but I manage to Tackle it and finish it off because the idiot decided to use Growl instead.
So after a close shave, my Mudkip throws his beard away and gains 69 XP (heh) and levels up, and also learns Mud-Slap.

So me and this woman who thinks she's friends with me travel back home and stop off to heal our Pokemon on the way. I have quite the eventful visit, receiving Pokeballs, a Pokedex and Running Shoes.

I may post more soon, as I'm quite bored right now.

Pokemon    
Main Team!
Skeeper the Mudkip. Lvl 6.
Moves: Tackle / Growl / Mud-Slap / ----
Ability: Torrent _ Nature: Hasty
- Dang you nearly "died" today.

In Storage
None.

Deadeded
None!
Old September 18, 2013, 01:21:18 AM
Celebi

Day 1 - Oldale Town to Petalburg Woods
So I go back up to Oldale Town and travel left to Route 102. I encounter a Wurmple, but accidentally hit it one time too many and miss the chance to catch another Pokemon. As such, I decide to stay out of the grass for the rest of the route. Of course, I also attempt to avoid trainers and end up getting both grass and trainers to my face.

When I arrive at Petalburg, I scurry and heal my Mudkip. Then I try to go further left to the next route but some random guy decides he want to be annoying and shows me the local gym. Then I try to go left again and he repeats exactly what he just said. Short term memory.

I then help Wally catch a Ralts, then I try to go left again, only to be stopped by another random guy. Although he apologises this time. So I head to the next route, and find a Wingull. I stay cautious this time, and catch it.

AND A BRINY WELCOME TO...

Phyllis the Wingull. Lvl 4.
Water/Flying Type
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Lax

A little heavy on the water types so far, but no matter. The first gym is weak to them anyway. I go and heal my Phyllis, head back to Route 104, and meet more Wingull, along with some woman waiting at the entrance to the forest. She would of gone down quickly, if she didn't have a Full Restore.

After that, I head into Petalburg Woods. More soon.

Pokemon    
Main Team!
Skeeper the Mudkip. Lvl 10.
Moves: Tackle / Growl / Mud-Slap / Water Gun
Ability: Torrent _ Nature: Hasty
- Dis guy is strong.

Phyllis the Wingull. Lvl 4.
Moves: Growl / Water Gun / ---- / ----
Ability: Keen Eye _ Nature: Lax
- Pelly would of been too generic a name.

In Storage
None.

Deadeded
None!
Old September 18, 2013, 11:34:33 AM
Administrator

You might want to change your text color from sky blue.
Old September 18, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Ohh this is quite interesting! Also can't wait for those comics to come out.