Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old March 14, 2011, 09:56:05 PM
Administrator

I know. I still added it for those who want to provide them. What other file types should I add support for?
Old March 15, 2011, 01:41:05 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I know. I still added it for those who want to provide them. What other file types should I add support for?
Uh... Well, my basic checklist is as follows:

1. doc/xls/ppt/rtf/pdf
2. docx/xlsx/pptx
3. odt/ods/odp/odf
4. xml/php/py/pl/htm/html/css/txt
5. jpg/png/gif
6. ogg/mp3/mp4/mov/wma/wmv

Some more controversial than others; none are a security risk to the VR server, however, and only a handful are to users who download them (the first set specifically is the most dangerous, followed by the fourth in some rare totally unprotected computer configurations).

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 22, 2011 at 04:53:11 PM. Reason: Bolded the ones that haven't been added yet.
Old March 19, 2011, 06:24:02 PM
Regigigas

I would like custom natures. Eg., I'd be timid. Or... Jolly. Or something.
Old March 22, 2011, 04:59:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
odf/xml/php/py/pl/htm/html/css
Alright, I'll get to adding these soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaftail View Post
I would like custom natures. Eg., I'd be timid. Or... Jolly. Or something.
Added. You can find it on your About Me page and Edit Your Details in the User CP.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 22, 2011 at 05:00:25 PM.
Old March 26, 2011, 02:40:31 AM
Volcarona

Probably might have been suggested before already but anyway:

VR Mobile. Not an app or anything, just a compact mobile version. Does V-bulletin offer anything like that?
Old March 26, 2011, 04:10:52 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
Probably might have been suggested before already but anyway:

VR Mobile. Not an app or anything, just a compact mobile version. Does V-bulletin offer anything like that?
There is an extension for it somewhere (thought I think it costs some money), and I know a lot of people have requested it.
Old March 27, 2011, 11:05:30 AM
Giratina

Could we get a 3DS Friend Code section in the User CP?
Old March 27, 2011, 11:48:23 AM
Kyurem

I'm not 100% sure if its accurate, but assuming it uses the same format as the Wii it should be fine.
Old March 27, 2011, 11:55:39 AM
Giratina

Almost - It's only XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, rather than XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Old March 31, 2011, 08:31:20 PM

Quote:
Added. You can find it on your About Me page and Edit Your Details in the User CP.
Cool, but now all the new members are adamant. The default ought to be no nature.
Old April 1, 2011, 02:17:44 AM
Keldeo

Also could we have the natures showing on each one of our posts, just like the gender, the post counts, location, and the join date.

Last edited by JC; April 1, 2011 at 02:18:13 AM. Reason: oops forgot location :P
Old April 1, 2011, 06:30:47 AM
Regigigas

Yeah, that's what I wanted in the first place...
Old April 1, 2011, 07:09:50 AM
Volcarona

this feature totally won't be abused in any way nope not at all
Old April 1, 2011, 09:08:17 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
this feature totally won't be abused in any way nope not at all
abused in what way?
Old April 1, 2011, 09:56:38 AM
Volcarona

assuming the point is to understand what a person's like at a glance, I can easily set mine to Serious and new users will believe me
Old April 1, 2011, 10:00:21 AM
Keldeo

hmm interesting point, alright I agree with you on this one.
Old April 2, 2011, 01:15:36 PM
Giratina

Can we re-name the "Trade and Battle Threads" subboard in the VictoryBattles board to "VictoryBattles Trades and Battles" or something similar, please? I've moves my fair share of threads from there to the other Battling and Trading board for the actual games, so it's obviously a bit confusing for new members.
Old April 2, 2011, 02:30:42 PM
Kyurem

Sure, one sec.
Old April 3, 2011, 11:44:21 PM
Servine

With all the forums and sub-forums this place has, it makes it kinda makes it unnecessarily huge and very difficult to navigate.

This is just what my suggestion to layout all the forums in Victory Road to make it look more appealing and condense it while making things easy to find all at the same time. Feel free to change things around a bit.

Bold and Underlined Indicates a Category
Bold Indicates a Forum
Underlined Indicates a Sub-Forum
Italics Indicates a Sub-Forum of a Sub Forum

Site Content (Content is probably a better word then stuff)
-Announcements
(You really don't need the archived news and the Flotzel.net news areas. To show that the sites are more connected with eachother, it isn't a bad idea to just post all of the news in one spot, label in parenthases whether it is for (Site) or (Forum) then add a date in the topic description and Life becomes easy)
-Rules and Newbie Guides
(Basically the forum Guideline section. Moved it up here because Important.)
-Support and Suggestions
-Events
--Victory Road Gym League
(This is probably a better name because it might be nice to do more then just tourny battles, like do art events too like Make pokemon themed holiday cards or comics or make art gifts for other people for holidays. Hell you can even make up Holidays like "Mew Day" since Mew was the first pokemon that was Copyrighted and you can make the day it became copyrighted "Mew Day" or something interesting like that.)
-Major Projects
--Floatzel.net User Submissions
---Let's Plays and Walkthroughs
---Nuzelocke Experiences
---Articles
---Other
(Those Subforums for the user submitted content doesn't have to be implemented right away)
--VictoryBattles
---All of VictoryBattle's Subforums
--Project*V
---All of Project*V's Subforums
(I do this to make things more condensed basically.)
-Affiliates
--All of Affiliate's Sub-Forums can stay

Pokemon Discussion
-Pokenews
--Pokenews Subforums
-General Pokemon Discussion
--All of it's subforums
-Games
--WiFi Place
--DS Generations
--GBA Generations
--GB Generations
--Pokemon TCG (For the Card trading.)
(Anything that spans multi games or general games goes in just the normal game area and not a subforum)
-Anime and Manga

Gaming and Computers
-General Gaming (Instead of Console Gaming, The trading of the gamer tags can have it's own stickied topic but doesn't need it's own section, Hell, PC gaming topics would go under here on it's own)
--Mario (Mario does not need it's own Full huge section on a pokemon forum)
---All of the Mario Forums (Move the affiliate to the affiliate section)
--All of the games under "Other Games Series" can be a sub forum under this as long as they get actively posted in and have more then 3 recently new threads in them, other then that the games can be talked about under General Gaming
-General Computing
--Programming and Development
--Error Messages
-Lets Play and Walkthroughs (Can be for any game)
--Lites own subforum for his LPs
-Hacks and Modifications (For both games and computers)

Other Content
-General Discussion (General Media and can be posted in here too, not eveything needs it's own Forum)
--Arrivals and Departures
-Debates (Basically the Casual Debate area)
--Sensitive topics (Basically the Serious Discussion area which is for both general and debates)
-Creative Zone
--Roleplaying
---Roleplay Discussion (As to not speak in OOC in the RP topic.)
--Written
-/b/uizel
--Forum Games
--Look what I found! (The Funny/Interesting forum)
--It's old subforums

-Advertising

Last edited by Kat; April 3, 2011 at 11:47:11 PM. Reason: Forgot a thing
Old April 3, 2011, 11:56:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
Cool, but now all the new members are adamant. The default ought to be no nature.
The default WAS no nature, but SOMEBODY changed the box Set Default option (and later changed it back).
Old April 4, 2011, 12:47:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
The default WAS no nature, but SOMEBODY changed the box Set Default option (and later changed it back).
Don't look at me bro.

Additionally, I'd like to ask no admin implement any of Kat's suggestions without staff majority (that includes people who don't vote - that means 13 out of 24 staff members per change [or 12 maybe if other Cat's one of them - he can do whatever he wants anyway, but there are always consequences ]!).

...Though some boards really should be subboards, like Serious, Mario, and Pokémon Games.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; April 4, 2011 at 12:48:18 PM.
Old April 4, 2011, 01:26:53 PM
Servine

Well again, Feel free to change things around a bit, after all my idea isn't a definitive thing set in stone. Basically I tried to keep every single forum on the boards in my idea while making it condensed so it is easier to look through. I do agree that the staff should talk it over and look at it, I wouldn't want some person to do it and piss everyone else off.

But yeah, some things on the forum kinda don't need to exist how they currently do, or even exist at all (Like the two different Media sections, that can just all seriously go in the General Discussion) and well the forum would also look a lot cleaner too.
Old April 4, 2011, 02:32:40 PM
Keldeo

Let me criticize on this things you are suggesting, my comments are in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
With all the forums and sub-forums this place has, it makes it kinda makes it unnecessarily huge and very difficult to navigate.

This is just what my suggestion to layout all the forums in Victory Road to make it look more appealing and condense it while making things easy to find all at the same time. Feel free to change things around a bit.

Bold Indicates a Forum

Site Content (Content is probably a better word then stuff)

I like this name better than Site Stuff as well.

-Announcements

(You really don't need the archived news and the Flotzel.net news areas. To show that the sites are more connected with eachother, it isn't a bad idea to just post all of the news in one spot, label in parenthases whether it is for (Site) or (Forum) then add a date in the topic description and Life becomes easy)

K, Nothing really big about that, it's true that we don't need the Archived News.

-Rules and Newbie Guides

I do like this, as it would be kind of suggesting to users to post here first

-Support and Suggestions

Now we could have this with a Ask a Staff a Question Sub-forum, and yes put Cat's sub-sub-forum here. But it's the same as this board.

-Events

Ooh Events makes sound more formal.

(This is probably a better name because it might be nice to do more then just tourny battles, like do art events too like Make pokemon themed holiday cards or comics or make art gifts for other people for holidays. Hell you can even make up Holidays like "Mew Day" since Mew was the first pokemon that was Copyrighted and you can make the day it became copyrighted "Mew Day" or something interesting like that.)

Nothing wrong here, but we should put a sub-forum here (Right under the VRGL) for tournaments.

-Major Projects
---Nuzelocke Experiences
---Articles
---Other
(Those Subforums for the user submitted content doesn't have to be implemented right away)

Sounds great, and some articles could be put on one of the important boards. (such as Announcements and PokéNews)

--VictoryBattles
--Project*V
-Affiliates

This stayed the same which is great, we really don't like having problems with Complexity

Pokemon Discussion
-Pokenews
--Pokenews Subforums
--All of it's subforums
-Games
--WiFi Place
--DS Generations
--GBA Generations
--GB Generations
(Anything that spans multi games or general games goes in just the normal game area and not a subforum)
-Anime and Manga

Love it, I really do

Gaming and Computers
-General Gaming (Instead of Console Gaming, The trading of the gamer tags can have it's own stickied topic but doesn't need it's own section, Hell, PC gaming topics would go under here on it's own)
---All of the Mario Forums (Move the affiliate to the affiliate section)
--All of the games under "Other Games Series" can be a sub forum under this as long as they get actively posted in and have more then 3 recently new threads in them, other then that the games can be talked about under General Gaming
-General Computing
--Error Messages
-Lets Play and Walkthroughs (Can be for any game)
--Lites own subforum for his LPs
-Hacks and Modifications (For both games and computers)

Yes I like this but Computers on the Catagory doesn't have a nice ring to it, Computing might work.

Other Content
-General Discussion (General Media and can be posted in here too, not eveything needs it's own Forum)
--Sensitive topics (Basically the Serious Discussion area which is for both general and debates)
-Creative Zone
--Roleplaying
--Written

This looks great, but I would rather keep the Serious Catagory here, Serious had a plan in mind, to actually be the cleanest board of all, it's also the heavily most moderated board of all. Personally I would keep the Serious Catagory here, for things THAT are serious, stories that doesn't want to be touched, Roleplays that aren't interrupted by n00bz, and the Debate board that has threads that doesn't have a flame war at the end of it's life.

-/b/uizel
--Forum Games
--It's old subforums

Personally I hate this, This should still be called fun and games. (Funny/Interesting would degrade by alot, and plus it's not like the unfunny stuff will stay in there, but it's the quality of the posts, plus people does care about Post Counts.)

-Advertising

Nope, I rather keep this as Special as our hidden boards are here too, ie. the Staff Board.
Otherwise, I do like SOME of suggestions but I do know what you're trying to get at.

Last edited by JC; April 4, 2011 at 02:36:36 PM.
Old April 4, 2011, 05:32:30 PM
Volcarona

It's most definitely personal bias (as well as being around for a year or two), but most of the forums should probably keep their names, but still be moved around. People have grown on names like Pokemon General, /b/uizel, Funny/Interesting Stuff, Serious Debate, etc etc, which are indeed dumb names, but they make a certain canonical sense. People already posted stuff saying "I posted something in Funny/Interesting Stuff" or "Battling and Trading is usually never viewed more than once" and suddenly changing that would confuse old users trying to navigate, as well as new users reading the archives

tl;dr I have opinionated opinions so don't change the board names, but feel free to move **** around
Old April 4, 2011, 06:09:30 PM
Kyurem

To actually give some feedback:

Quote:

Bold Indicates a Forum

Site Content (Content is probably a better word then stuff) Meh, I prefer stuff.
-Announcements

Strictly speaking it helps to keep them organized in this way, especially for news feeds and so-on. I would personally recommend keeping them separate.

-Rules and Newbie Guides
-Support and Suggestions
-Events

The VRGL is really popular, so I would likewise argue against doing this. Plus, its not really all that much of an "event" per-sé.

-Major Projects
---Nuzelocke Experiences
---Articles
---Other

Er... Yeah, really disagree with putting the Lets Plays here, since they are more a forum thing anyway.

--VictoryBattles
--Project*V
-Affiliates

Pokemon Discussion
-Pokenews
--Pokenews Subforums
--All of it's subforums
-Games
--WiFi Place This should be its own subforum as well due to shear popularity. At least I'd think so.
--DS Generations
--GBA Generations
--GB Generations Do agree with dividing GBA+GB.

TCG should be its own subforum, but I agree otherwise.

-Anime and Manga

Gaming and Computers
---All of the Mario Forums (Move the affiliate to the affiliate section) Agreed.
-General Computing
--Error Messages
-Lets Play and Walkthroughs (Can be for any game) Agreed.
--Lites own subforum for his LPs ...We should prolly remove this one outright.
-Hacks and Modifications (For both games and computers) Meh, it would make sense if they were together, but I complain below.

Gaming & Computers really should be seperate, as the two communities are starkly contrasting each other. Though I do think PC Gaming should go in the regular gaming forum.

Other Content
-Creative Zone
--Roleplaying
--Written
-/b/uizel
--Forum Games
--It's old subforums

-Advertising

I would really just oppose everything in this section, though some of it does make a level of sense.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; April 4, 2011 at 06:09:48 PM.
Old April 5, 2011, 06:08:14 AM
Servine

Well honestly I'd put the staff forum in the Site content area on the bottom so that way it is on top of the board and easy for you guys to get to.

Also the computer and gaming sections are both too small to really put on their own plus it isn't like as a computer wiz that you have to post in the gaming areas of that section and vise versa.

Basically I just tried to keep everything and made it smaller so if I forgot to add some sub-forums then sorry. Also if you want to take away subforums you find pointless you can do that too.

Also the WiFi place will be it's own subforum, just in the games area, I understand that it is popular but it would be better organized like that and really doesn't not need to be out in front, if you really wish it to be then move it under General Gaming and Computers/ing so that way it could be for multiple games at once but since it is mostly for pokemon thats why I just put it under the pokemon games.

Also with the LPs and Walkthroughs, it would be a great way to add the greater part of the community to help contribute to the site since it seems a lot of people do LPs.

With the Gym Leaders, that actually is a forum wide event that is constantly going on that users and pick and choose when they can have the said event take place for them. I just figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to add more forum wide events and Tourny's having it's own subforum depends on how often one is held. If it happens once a month then it really doesn't need one but if it happens once every two weeks or once every week then it should be fine to have one.

Either way I hope this explanation for why I've placed certain things were helps you understand my thought process a little bit while I'm understanding your thoughts on my ideas as well.

Also it would be kinda helpful to understand why you disagree with the whole other content area.

Also honestly with the serious area, it can still be heavily moderated and so can the RPing forum, You might need to write out it's own special set of rules that you guys will upheld but seriously if a noob interrupts a Roleplay rather then posting in the RPing discussion for that RP or is just not contributing then make it so that way people can report the posts and you can easily just delete/move said posts from said forum and PM the member why their post was deleted/moved so that way they know and don't have a hissy fit over it, you might as well mention that they can start their own RP too. It is ok to have Quality Control in some areas. It isn't a bad thing.

Last edited by Kat; April 5, 2011 at 06:13:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to post why I basically got rid of the whole serious section and just added two subforums to combat that.
Old April 5, 2011, 06:51:33 AM
Keldeo

>implying that the staff board is the only hidden board on the special board.

But anyways RP discussion sub-forums aren't really needed, as you could make a room in VRIM (It's more real-time in it, also can be kept a secret from the rest of the public.

Well, maybe it's because we're used to the site being like this. I'm still open to suggestion, and maybe we could have the forums categorized in your manner, but still this would mean that we might have another staff reform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you make me curious on how it would play out, if the forums did get switched around, maybe we can speak with the Lead Administrator to see if the flow gets better or worse.
Old April 5, 2011, 07:49:36 AM
Servine

Well honestly, I'm not sure why you'd need any other hidden forums other then the staff forum. If that is the case then create a hidden category to place all the hidden forums in.

Also I didn't think you could create chatrooms in the VRIM, maybe in the first post of the RP, have a link to said chatroom so people know then at least.

I also might as well add that we should add a Sprite Shop sub forum to the Creative zone if it gets put into play.

Last edited by Kat; April 5, 2011 at 07:50:34 AM.
Old April 5, 2011, 09:24:50 AM
Keldeo

*chuckles* Why not have a hidden Catagory.

Edit: Actually I'm not making fun of you, Kat, I'm actually agreeing with you on this.

Last edited by JC; April 5, 2011 at 09:26:17 AM.
Old April 5, 2011, 10:22:55 AM
Servine

I know you're not, Don't worry I don't get offended easily :3
Old April 5, 2011, 02:43:57 PM
Kyurem

VPRC, Staff, and Garbage (since we never delete threads). Jus' sayin.

Still, there are way too many major forums. I didn't even realize this until looking after you suggested it. I do think both Serious and Fun should be merged into General as sub forums, Mario in gaming, and Pokémon Games into Pokémon. All of those changes are very trivial, and would take 30 seconds for an admin to make.
Old April 5, 2011, 04:01:27 PM
Servine

Again, easily solved with a hidden catagory~
Old April 6, 2011, 07:54:11 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Again, easily solved with a hidden catagory~
Well, your suggestions are taken into another level. Don't worry, we are discussing them thoroughly, and we will see about them.
Old April 6, 2011, 12:42:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Well, your suggestions are taken into another level. Don't worry, we are discussing them thoroughly, and we will see about them.
...I dunno, the way I read this it just sounded somehow spooky or something; almost mafia-esque.

[/offtopic]
Old April 12, 2011, 12:39:49 PM
Volcarona

Now that the Pokemon Global Link is up, maybe our profiles can have an area for our PGL Nicknames?
Old April 14, 2011, 02:24:42 PM
Regigigas

Board suggestion: Advice. Also I 1up the idea for PGL nicknames despite me not even owning either version
Old April 14, 2011, 03:17:53 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
Board suggestion: Advice. Also I 1up the idea for PGL nicknames despite me not even owning either version
That would barely be used, and asking for advice takes place in specific boards according to the subject of the issue anyway(Where do I catch Purugly? - Pokémon General, Math help? - General Chat, Where is the ocarina? - Legend of Zelda, etc.).

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; April 14, 2011 at 03:18:34 PM.
Old April 14, 2011, 05:09:45 PM
Volcarona

been on reddit way too long but can we have a dislike button and make all the post likes and dislikes you've accumulated combine into karma
Old April 16, 2011, 04:19:39 PM
Giratina

Blogs with comments and all that cool stuff?
Old April 18, 2011, 11:30:32 PM
Servine

omg yes, I'd Love a Blog on here. Guy guys would also rather enjoy it too.
Old April 24, 2011, 03:43:43 PM
Cyndaquil

It would be nice if there was a bit of increase in pixels for avatars, 150x150 is what I prefer.
Old May 8, 2011, 04:31:21 AM
Volcarona

Ah! *gets an actual good idea*

Has anyone every considered starting up an ASB (Anime Style Battling) board? I was just surfing about the internets, and I figured that setting up our own ASB board would potentially bring us a lot of members. It would be quite awesome too of course.

Just in case you havent heard of ASB, heres some links:

http://alteredorigin.net/asbguide

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=111378

Last edited by AnathemA; May 8, 2011 at 04:32:01 AM.
Old May 8, 2011, 07:50:07 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
Ah! *gets an actual good idea*

Has anyone every considered starting up an ASB (Anime Style Battling) board? I was just surfing about the internets, and I figured that setting up our own ASB board would potentially bring us a lot of members. It would be quite awesome too of course.

Just in case you havent heard of ASB, heres some links:

http://alteredorigin.net/asbguide

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=111378
It looks like a form of a more detailed RPG. I find it an okay addition.
Old May 16, 2011, 04:25:18 PM
Kyurem

What about having Clan being added for battlers to form group. I would really liked to see this added.
Old May 16, 2011, 04:26:42 PM
Giratina

Oh, I just had an idea. Maybe a place for users to have blogs? I personally could easily start up a weekly series. I think blogs would be pretty cool.
Old May 16, 2011, 06:24:55 PM
Haxorus

Mobile skin for the forums.
Old May 17, 2011, 03:59:11 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post
It would be nice if there was a bit of increase in pixels for avatars, 150x150 is what I prefer.
Yes please. Also what about a username change, allowed only once in the User Control Panel? I'm sure most will find it a nice minor addition.
Old May 17, 2011, 06:58:45 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
Yes please. Also what about a username change, allowed only once in the User Control Panel? I'm sure most will find it a nice minor addition.
This sounds nice, but it might get out of hand if everyone decides to change their usernames.
Old May 17, 2011, 07:24:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
This sounds nice, but it might get out of hand if everyone decides to change their usernames.
And then we'll be stuck with those names D: I'll forever be Meatloaf.

If we had a blog feature, it would have the same use as our staff bios, we'd be able to get to know each other better and on a more personal level, except it would be for all members. Es una idea muy buena, no?
Old May 18, 2011, 12:38:18 AM
Administrator

I'm up for adding a blogging board. It'd also work nicely because frequently updated blogs would get more time at the top, rewarding more work with more views. Commenting on them might be a little odd, but I guess it would work. Maybe the first post could be edited each time there is a new blog post:
Post 1

Post 2

Post 3

And then you make each new blog entry its own post too.
Hmm, we can brainstorm this one more.

As for username changes, I'd still like them completed through me, because I have a procedure wherein how different the name is and activity determine eligibility and what you should do to alert others.
Old May 18, 2011, 06:01:44 AM
Kyurem

I think they were suggesting something more like the blogs on Bulbagarden, which can be set up via a vBulletin mod.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:54:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I think they were suggesting something more like the blogs on Bulbagarden, which can be set up via a vBulletin mod.
I actually had nothing specific in my mind while suggesting the blogs, just thought it would be cool.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:25:42 PM
Administrator

Sadly, that mod is not free. I have considered installing it over a year ago and purposely ignored brining it up because I currently do not have the intention of buying it.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:46:23 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Sadly, that mod is not free. I have considered installing it over a year ago and purposely ignored brining it up because I currently do not have the intention of buying it.
Can you do some sort of offsite thing that we link to, on the quick links or something?
Old May 18, 2011, 02:10:51 PM
Kyurem

This other Forum I frequent has a board specifically for blogs, and it's worked out quite nice and used often.
You can make a board, like you originally said.

Last edited by Shiny; May 18, 2011 at 02:15:40 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 02:26:31 PM
Kyurem

Truth is, the blogging software wouldn't likely be that complicated. I could code it myself in June, perhaps. Depends more or less whether I'm into it, and if anything else has been decided perhaps.

(I do think a blog board would quickly get out of hand, though, in truth.)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; May 19, 2011 at 02:26:58 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 02:36:59 PM
Giratina

Quote:
(I do think a blog board would quickly get out of hand, though, in truth.)
I dunno, maybe we could try it out until June? And have a sub-board if anyone does a big series of blogs possibly.
Old May 20, 2011, 08:58:34 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast64 View Post
What about having Clan being added for battlers to form group. I would really liked to see this added.
That would be pretty cool.
Old May 31, 2011, 01:59:39 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by snivy View Post
That would be pretty cool.
Yes it would be but please somebody think about it because it would bring more members here.
Old June 13, 2011, 12:38:34 PM
Kyurem

I think it would be /really/ beneficial to try to shorten up the forum list at least a little bit, as was previously mentioned. Examples:

- Mario under Other Game Series
- Pokémon Games under Pokémon
- Series under General
- Fun under General

And so-on.
Old June 14, 2011, 11:22:03 AM
Regigigas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune View Post
Yes, please. An extra fifty pixels wouldn't hurt a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
As strange as it may sound, I want this.

Quote:
I think it would be /really/ beneficial to try to shorten up the forum list at least a little bit, as was previously mentioned. Examples:

- Mario under Other Game Series
- Pokémon Games under Pokémon
- Series under General
- Fun under General

And so-on.
This too, it would keep everything nice and tidy. Here's mine: splitting the Battling and Trading forums separate. Silly clan threads.
Old June 14, 2011, 04:51:55 PM
Administrator

Gonna update here that I've been doing massive overhaul on the entire forum with help of several staff members. A lot of oft-unused boards are now merged into other boards, the Serious section has been merged into the respective boards with "Serious" tags (please do not misuse them), and a lot of general clutter has been removed.
Old June 14, 2011, 10:53:28 PM
Kyurem

Added some more games in the arcade. Also maybe you can add some feature where we can lsten to music on the fourm or something that would be cool.

Last edited by kakashidragon; June 14, 2011 at 10:53:52 PM.
Old June 14, 2011, 11:33:23 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Also maybe you can add some feature where we can lsten to music on the fourm or something that would be cool.
Winamp
iTunes
Youtube

Seems completely unnecessary to me.
Old June 15, 2011, 03:15:05 PM
Shaymin

We had a jukebox a while ago, didn't we? I think it played various remixes Cat made.
Old June 15, 2011, 03:20:43 PM
Kyurem

well maybe at add some new games to the arcade?
Old June 15, 2011, 11:03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
We had a jukebox a while ago, didn't we? I think it played various remixes Cat made.
Still do:
http://floatzel.net/jukeframe.htm

Just click "Forum" in the top frame to browse the forum while the music plays.
Old June 16, 2011, 10:23:23 PM
Volcarona

There is a built in module for wordpress called mutisite. Made for exactly. @ cat This also we have a spare ip so we can add a vm.

Last edited by KingOfKYA; June 16, 2011 at 10:28:28 PM.
Old July 23, 2011, 07:49:50 AM
Volcarona

Some of us less informed users on VRIM would be very happy to see what's going on with any rule changes that happen. I suggest giving a VR bot the task of PMing every user or sending an e-mail, explaining what's been changed and what's been added. That way we'll know in advance and avoid consequences for doing something no longer allowed.

Cat, I'm sure you remember what happened after I talked about other IMs on VRIM when I wasn't supposed to. I really don't want to go through something like that again, especially with the site admin.

In the meantime, I'll subscribe to the rule threads and try to keep myself updated the best I can. Not much I can do if someone edits the first post instead of posting a new reply, saying what's been changed.

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; July 23, 2011 at 07:52:00 AM.
Old July 23, 2011, 09:48:34 AM
Administrator

I probably wouldn't PM everyone for small clarifications or things that have been talked about many times. I recently merged the advertising rules from another thread into an appropriate section, and I also added how people should report posts instead of calling us bad staff.

Although, PMing for major rules could be suitable.
Old July 23, 2011, 05:10:39 PM

Quote:
I probably wouldn't PM everyone for small clarifications or things that have been talked about many times. I recently merged the advertising rules from another thread into an appropriate section, and I also added how people should report posts instead of calling us bad staff.

Although, PMing for major rules could be suitable.
Have you tried using vBulletin's built-in announcement feature? (I don't remember if you've used it before or not.)
Old July 23, 2011, 06:08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
Have you tried using vBulletin's built-in announcement feature? (I don't remember if you've used it before or not.)
No, I haven't messed with that at all. I do use the notices (those alerts at the top of the page) fairly often, though.
Old July 23, 2011, 06:20:25 PM
Giratina

Possibly a new background/theme?
Old July 23, 2011, 06:29:28 PM
Administrator

For now, I think we have enough themes. You can change the theme using the drop-down menu in the bottom left corner.
Old July 23, 2011, 06:30:10 PM
Giratina

Yes, I know, But I just stick to the original. If there is a new one, i might use it.
Old July 23, 2011, 07:28:04 PM
Kyurem

In my opinion, we have a pretty decent amount of skins compared to other forums.
Eleven seems good enough.
Old August 6, 2011, 09:38:44 PM
Regigigas

I think we should have an entire board /sub-board dedicated to goodbyes. It makes sense since we have one for introductions. The thread to announce absences could be moved there.
Old August 6, 2011, 09:40:32 PM
Giratina

I'm not sure if we have these or not, but monthly tournaments?
Old August 6, 2011, 09:42:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think we should have an entire board /sub-board dedicated to goodbyes. It makes sense since we have one for introductions. The thread to announce absences could be moved there.
I strongly suggest against that. It will only cause drama.
Old August 6, 2011, 09:45:59 PM
Regigigas

And how will that cause drama?
Old August 6, 2011, 09:59:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Just trust me on this one.
Old August 7, 2011, 04:25:10 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Remember when JC made a thread for that? Imagine that but a few hundred times worse.

Plus we barely have any people consciously leaving, so making a board for that would be a waste of space.

Also I do have an idea that I'm pretty sure we implemented months ago but somehow slipped: A 100-post requirement for Glitch City. I think when you replaced /b/uizel with Glitch City that requirement wasn't set or some carp like that.
Old August 7, 2011, 02:50:24 PM
Kyurem

So whens the chat returning to the main page again so we dont have to go to that sub-site thing for the chat?
Old August 7, 2011, 02:51:31 PM
Administrator

At the moment, I have no idea. Freeze will be able to properly answer this question more than I will.
Old August 7, 2011, 02:53:37 PM
Kyurem

maybe you guys can add some new games for the arcade? Im not sure what ones but i like to see a few new ones.
Old August 7, 2011, 04:04:28 PM
Giratina

We could maybe get some sort of deal with Armorgames or a similar site. But I have no clue if that's able to happen or if it's feasible financially.

We could possibly have someone here make a flash game or two in their free time if we have anyone skilled enough.
Old August 7, 2011, 07:59:24 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
So whens the chat returning to the main page again so we dont have to go to that sub-site thing for the chat?
Dunno. Tentatively, the feature will land in FreezeMessenger 3 (what will become VRIM3) in about two weeks (worst-case scenario; it could be there by the end of this week, in truth). I personally will start nagging cat to upload it in about two weeks as well, so best case scenario would be about two weeks. I'm not sure how long Cat will wait, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
We could maybe get some sort of deal with Armorgames or a similar site. But I have no clue if that's able to happen or if it's feasible financially.

We could possibly have someone here make a flash game or two in their free time if we have anyone skilled enough.
Nah, it's not that complicated. A monkey's uncle could do it. It's basically as simple as an admin doing the following:

1) Download the game from the proper source (nearly all of VR's come from http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?app=arcade, though there is a five-a-day limit, last I checked)
2) Upload it to the server via FTP or similar
3) In the admin control panel run the import process. This is very simple.

Absolutely no coding is required, assuming you use a third-party resource.
Old August 7, 2011, 11:49:38 PM
Kyurem

We could link to that marioflash game and we could make levels for everyone to try out using the level editor? I think there a marioflash2 out as well but the game dosnt have level editor yet.
Old August 15, 2011, 12:58:50 PM
Kyurem

What about a button that say Name Change, it don't automally change their name. An admin would see it in the Admin CP and approve or reject it.
Old August 15, 2011, 02:02:42 PM
Giratina

I don't think we really want to be encouraging name changes. To be honest I don't think they should be happening at all.
Old August 17, 2011, 07:28:49 AM
Kyurem

Oh ok I just wasn't sure, I know there was users who wanted them but ok.
Old August 17, 2011, 07:32:21 AM
Giratina

Have we ever considered an E4 (Elite Four)?
Old August 17, 2011, 07:46:12 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Have we ever considered an E4 (Elite Four)?
I'm pretty sure it has been, but the only "issue" is mechanics: the gym league is already rather complicated, and adding another tier (with as few active leaders as there already are) wouldn't help the issue.
Old August 17, 2011, 09:03:22 AM
Kyurem

You could make a uber only tier if you ever made the E4. That everyone has to play under the uber rules and stuff that would be a cool challenging to do, Haveing 4 people use uber teams.
Old August 17, 2011, 09:10:45 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
You could make a uber only tier if you ever made the E4. That everyone has to play under the uber rules and stuff that would be a cool challenging to do, Haveing 4 people use uber teams.
...Ubers are essentially Pokémon that don't belong in the metagame at all. Thus, a metagame made of overpowered misfits that are intentionally excluded from the metagame... seems counter-intuitive xD

Though, if nothing else, it would be cool if the GL would utilize the lower tiers in some way; as far as I know they are pretty much impossible to use at present.
Old August 17, 2011, 10:00:57 AM
Giratina

I guess we could put it up to the leader to choose the style of battle - Should a leader desire, they could put the option of UU or NU battles in their gym (OU would probably have to be in every gym as the standard). I know Lite's old gym was a doubles gym, and I'd also like some different styles of play in there. I'd like to hear Shadow and Kaz's thoughts on this too!

As for an Elite Four, I don't think we have any plans for that at the moment... Maybe when Victory Road gets active enough so that we actually have enough good competitive battlers to fill that many slots it could be an idea.
Old August 17, 2011, 06:17:11 PM
Mudkip

I'm just going to toss this one in, but what about a section for LP (Let's Play) threads? I have an excellent one I can bring here for you all to laugh at.
Old August 17, 2011, 06:30:41 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I'm just going to toss this one in, but what about a section for LP (Let's Play) threads? I have an excellent one I can bring here for you all to laugh at.
...That used to exist, mind you

Edit: Still does, in fact.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 17, 2011 at 06:31:15 PM.
Old August 17, 2011, 06:39:16 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
...That used to exist, mind you

Edit: Still does, in fact.
Ah. Never saw it from the main page. :U
Old August 18, 2011, 08:12:06 AM
Zoroark

It would be so much easier to keep track of the RPG forum if we had a Sign Up forum and a forum for the RPG's themselves. It's quite a pain of keeping track of SU's when people sign up in the middle of the RPG. I actually might consider creating an RPG if y'all would separate it.