Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 18, 2013, 03:30:45 PM
Giratina

Just like Olimar, it seems. But she can only have one at a time, and we don't know what the respawn rate on it is. I don't have Super Mario 3D World (yet) but hopefully she has some new abilities in that game that she's bringing to the smash (This game doesn't have a cool subtitle for me to refer to it by :I)
Old December 19, 2013, 12:27:30 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
But Rosalina can also fight equally as well with her magic alone which makes her BETTER than Olimar.
As an Olimar lover I REALLY want to argue the opposite, but until we see a screenshot which features Olimar with more than three Pikmin I am not so sure. D: If they cripple Olimar for this game I will be as depressed as can be.

...then again I really like Villager and Rosalina, so maybe I won't be depressed for too long.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; December 19, 2013 at 12:27:53 AM.
Old December 19, 2013, 03:01:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
As an Olimar lover I REALLY want to argue the opposite, but until we see a screenshot which features Olimar with more than three Pikmin I am not so sure. D: If they cripple Olimar for this game I will be as depressed as can be.

...then again I really like Villager and Rosalina, so maybe I won't be depressed for too long.
Oh, well as an Olimar lover myself I can say that's just an exaggeration. For one thing it looks like she can't spawn more than one Luma so she's limited in defense and range when it's not there. A lot comparisons can be draw closer to the game's release, especially if they reveal more Vs. videos.

But oh my God she is like so the BEST. She is like my favorite Mario character and I'm in love with her so much. Wasn't expecting her in, but oh boy am I ever so glad that she is.
Old December 19, 2013, 08:06:15 AM
Celebi

I'll have to get used to the multiple character control scheme, because Rosalina and Olimar are my favorite Nintendo characters.
Old December 25, 2013, 11:25:08 PM
Giratina

Time for a very much so less important announcement. The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods 2 was released in Japan, so she's back in the game.

But she did bring one interesting thing.

Assist trophy, perhaps? That isn't from that specific Zelda's timeline.
Old December 26, 2013, 10:09:05 AM
Administrator

Fox's face induces too much laughter.
Old December 26, 2013, 11:52:10 AM

Wouldn't doubt that the armor's an assist trophy that walks around the stage, blocks attacks, and then retaliates with a sword.
Old December 26, 2013, 12:00:05 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Wouldn't doubt that the armor's an assist trophy that walks around the stage, blocks attacks, and then retaliates with a sword.
Lol armor. That's not EVEN sexy enough to be classed with Alphonse.

That there is a Phantom, specifically Spirit Zelda possessing a Phantom because of the pinkish hue. Considering that, she probably doesn't actually summon them.
Old January 6, 2014, 03:25:16 AM
Giratina

THE GREAT COLLECTING GAME IS BACK EVERYONE!! Hah, like anyone ever doubted that. But now the trophies will divided between the systems just like the stages.

I like how he's trying to make the two versions same but different, but I hope at least the character trophies have different text. Like Pokedex entries between paired Pokémon games.
Old January 10, 2014, 03:26:53 AM
Giratina

Oh you have so got to be kidding me. Brawl 2.0 confirmed.

(Can you tell I'm not a fan of Dedede?)
I mean, I GUESS Kirby 3D came out in Japan so I guess it's important, but no, it's really not. But he does look a tad bit smaller in the pictures, and he's got a lot of facial expressions. Kinda reminds me of Brawl in the Family.
Old January 10, 2014, 12:51:29 PM
Haxorus

It really frustrates me that there's a lot of the same characters. Why can't there be more different characters from the same universes? Like, look at all the people from Fire Emblem we could have gotten, or all the possible options from the Zelda universe. I'm seeing a lot of the same faces. I'm not asking for 100 characters, I just don't want (as Turt said) Brawl 2.0
Old January 10, 2014, 01:33:43 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Oh you have so got to be kidding me. Brawl 2.0 confirmed.

(Can you tell I'm not a fan of Dedede?)
I mean, I GUESS Kirby 3D came out in Japan so I guess it's important, but no, it's really not. But he does look a tad bit smaller in the pictures, and he's got a lot of facial expressions. Kinda reminds me of Brawl in the Family.
Sakurai and Kirby, man. Nothing will get in the way of him and his creation. I hope that it stops at Dedede, and not because I dislike Meta Knight, but because I really want a lot of new characters this time around. I wouldn't be surprised if MK made it in, though, along with another 50 Kirby-themed trophies. -_- I enjoy a lot of characters from Brawl, though I won't be mad if characters like ROB, Lucario, Wario, and Snake get the shaft. Their absence would just make going back and playing Brawl that much more fun! Its bad enough that Toon Link is coming back..
Old January 10, 2014, 02:40:45 PM
Celebi

I would prefer if no one got cut from Brawl, really.

And if someone did, preferably someone like Ike.

I would be content with 12 newcomers, though I'm likelier easier to please than you lot.
Old January 10, 2014, 05:20:22 PM
Giratina

Sakurai already stated the game would have a moderate amount of characters for balance and to fit within the limitations of the 3DS. Therefore I don't want this game to just be a Brawl rehash with prettier graphics and better stages. So far that's the only thing pictures can convey, the models are mostly using the designs from Brawl, and a lot of the attacks are copied over with aesthetic tweaks that may have accompanying damage tweaks. If the Brawl mechanics receive an overhaul or the returning characters are revamped then I wouldn't be upset. But pictures can only tell so much.

And there's still the music. I don't have any clue what this game's soundtrack will be like and that's the most important thing in any game to me.
Old January 10, 2014, 06:06:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
I would prefer if no one got cut from Brawl, really.

And if someone did, preferably someone like Ike.

I would be content with 12 newcomers, though I'm likelier easier to please than you lot.
I don't have a link handy, but it was announced that this game will have no more character slots than Brawl. As such certain slots are precious, especially for finicky individuals like myself who enjoy new characters! Its this reason that makes me worry that we'll have too many returning Brawlers when characters like Rosalina prove how cool and innovative new characters can be.
Old January 11, 2014, 06:35:21 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I don't have a link handy, but it was announced that this game will have no more character slots than Brawl. As such certain slots are precious, especially for finicky individuals like myself who enjoy new characters! Its this reason that makes me worry that we'll have too many returning Brawlers when characters like Rosalina prove how cool and innovative new characters can be.
Woahwoahwoah, the roster size isn't changing? So 4 characters already are cut?

Oh my. I enjoy new characters too, but they can't cut 10+ characters. That's just ridiculous.
Old January 11, 2014, 11:30:54 AM
Giratina

Oh it's definitely changing. There's a good chance it's gonna be even smaller. The whole game will be somewhere in between Brawl and Melee.

I'm not too hard pressed to get the original 12 back (but I still need Ness and Puff) since this is the 4th game and traditions die after a trilogy. However, some characters in Brawl were like fanservice and are expendable. Snake probably will not return and I hope Wolf doesn't either if he's just going to be "Fox but different." Same goes for Falco.
Basically, any character that "shares" a final smash I would like totally changed or dropped, because I want the roster to be diverse.
Old January 12, 2014, 12:17:57 AM
Administrator

I would love to see the alternate colors feature actually become costumes that transform a character into a "clone" character, perhaps costumes that can be unlocked through normal gameplay means (ŕ la the challenges in Brawl). A Dr. Mario costume would work pretty well for Mario, just replace the fireballs with pills too.
Old January 14, 2014, 10:18:00 PM
Celebi

DON'T GET EXCITED.

She's only an Assist Trophy, but this pretty much confirms Wario, if it wasn't obvious already.
Old January 15, 2014, 05:18:20 PM
Regigigas

Bah, character discussion. I give up on it cause no new Metroid characters will make the cut and this saddens me to no end. You can't slash any Mario characters because... It's obvious. Pokemon is pretty much the No. 1 game series. For some reason, everyone seems to be attached to the Fox clones to throw them away. That's pretty much like half the roster. xD

As for the Kirby characters, I didn't mind DeeDee or MK. Clone characters need to GET OUT regardless of how much whining fans will do, if they had planned on making this a "balanced game". With Toon Link confirmed (I think), I've pretty much lost hope and take whatever they're gonna do because it's just hopeless to want more Metroid or F-Zero (or variation, period).

Last edited by Sub-zero; January 15, 2014 at 05:19:07 PM.
Old January 21, 2014, 10:13:53 PM
Giratina

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER RIGHT HERE, FOLKS!!

...Alright, so what in the world is this anyway? More hopping? Well, according to Mr. Sakurai,
"There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab. Some other changes include:
-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage."

So basically this means that Mario was on the ledge first, and then Link stole it from him. This can negate edgeguarding entirely since we don't know all the physics behind it yet. And it'll also stop people from clinging on to that ledge for dear life. I quite like this change.
Old January 22, 2014, 07:57:03 AM
Celebi

These pictures of Palutena have been leaked. This is not an official screenshot.

However, dedicated users from various forums have been at the pictures all day and have thus far found nothing to discredit them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390374382923.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	547.9 KB
ID:	5914   Click image for larger version

Name:	1390374316404.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	5915  

Last edited by RotomGuy; January 22, 2014 at 07:59:34 AM.
Old January 22, 2014, 08:59:37 AM
Giratina

I've been staring at these pictures since I woke up at 7:30. So far what I've gathered is

-The shot of Mario and the background hasn't been used yet
-The Mario model is real
-The Palutena model isn't from Kicarus Uprising
-Too close to the screen to resemble Pit's final smash.
-According to a SSB4 rumors list, Palutena could be a character with moves based on Uprising.

Personally, I don't know what to think. On one hand, I believe she would be nice as a character, albeit somewhat unfair because she's a goddess. But on the other hand I'm very skeptical about the whole picture. If it's a fake, it's an excellently made fake.
Old January 22, 2014, 09:33:49 AM
Celebi

I believe this pretty much seals the deal.

Old January 22, 2014, 03:28:59 PM
Haxorus

I doubt she'll be playable... I hope she isn't playable... There's so many characters I'd use before her...
Old January 22, 2014, 04:26:27 PM

Maybe she's just an assist trophy?
Old January 22, 2014, 05:00:19 PM
Giratina

Diminished from final smash to assist trophy... I don't see it happening. And her poses in those two screenshots look too idle for an active assist trophy. It's a possibility, if this isn't a fake.
Old January 22, 2014, 10:09:29 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
I doubt she'll be playable... I hope she isn't playable... There's so many characters I'd use before her...
Remember that she recently got a revival, she's made by Sakurai, and is one of the top requested newcomers, so she isn't exactly unlikely.
Old January 22, 2014, 11:10:56 PM

Random theory, but maybe Palutena is exclusive to the 3DS version and Rosalina + Luma is exclusive to the Wii U version. I remember hearing somewhere that different characters and stages will be in each of the games.
Old January 23, 2014, 03:55:48 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Random theory, but maybe Palutena is exclusive to the 3DS version and Rosalina + Luma is exclusive to the Wii U version. I remember hearing somewhere that different characters and stages will be in each of the games.
Your theory has been debunked. In June.

Sakurai stated way back in the beginning that ALL characters will be shared between the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game, with the only difference being stages and some items.
Old January 30, 2014, 09:32:35 PM
Celebi

Guess who's back!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/...AADMUKli5Hr24Q
The second comment reveals that Lucario was in the firing line, and the roster size is indeed increasing.
Old January 31, 2014, 11:32:45 AM
Haxorus

Thank goodness... so much less stress on it, now.
Though I have to say...
Mewtwo > Lucario

Last edited by Eagles; January 31, 2014 at 11:33:04 AM.
Old January 31, 2014, 05:47:43 PM
Giratina

I've had a long time to actually think about this. Well... if the roster is being expanded again then I don't mind him being added. And now that I know that, I need my main 12 or no buy.
Old January 31, 2014, 06:10:51 PM
Haxorus

Wait a sec... I think everyone is misinterpreting Sakurai.

He's saying that the BRAWL team worked hard to add him on. The BRAWL team. There's no implication of an expanded roster for this game. Go back and read the 2nd post as if he were talking about Brawl's production team.

Last edited by Eagles; January 31, 2014 at 06:11:36 PM.
Old January 31, 2014, 06:27:00 PM
Giratina

Well you see Sakurai isn't being entirely specific, so I'm assuming that he means Smash 4. It's not like he'd ban the Brawl production team from working on Smash 4, so much of it was carried over. I'd also like to stick to my theory because if the roster size isn't expanding I'm not sure if this game is really worth it. *Crosses fingers*
Old January 31, 2014, 09:28:06 PM
Administrator

How many representatives of the Pokémon franchise do you think will exist? I almost can't imagine Pokémon Trainer returning unless they give him a larger team or something.
Old January 31, 2014, 09:46:18 PM
Giratina

Well there's Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and possibly a fourth. Some people still think Mewtwo might return with its X and Y mega forms differentiating itself from Lucario. Hopefully Pokémon Trainer doesn't return, I hate everything about him... Currently I'm accepting 4 or 5 as the limit.
Old February 1, 2014, 04:55:14 PM
Kyurem

You think we can have a 3ds tournament and a Wii-U tournament for these games? It will be fun playing against you guys again. (Cause the only time i played brawl with anyone here, was when i went to my couions house and played it on his Wii---I have his Wii now xP)
Old February 1, 2014, 05:05:30 PM
Administrator

Absolutely, I'd love to have some SSB4 tournaments once the games come out.
Old February 1, 2014, 05:08:59 PM
Haxorus

Don't forget MK8.

Aww man that's gon' be ooooooosim~
Old February 1, 2014, 05:19:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Absolutely, I'd love to have some SSB4 tournaments once the games come out.
Nice! Im going to try to get the 3ds version once it comes out. I'll be playing that just as much pkemon Y.
Old February 1, 2014, 06:15:53 PM
Giratina

I'm gonna get both versions depending on when it's released and who's in the game. If I don't like the roster then I'm probably gonna seduce a friend into buying it. It looks like the game will be released late 2014, so perhaps an early December tournament is viable?
Old February 1, 2014, 06:19:05 PM
Rayquaza

I have a feeling I'm never going to be able to get a Wii U so I'm gonna have to stick with the 3DS.
Old February 4, 2014, 08:04:25 PM

Looks like Lucario gets Extreme Speed for a recovery move again. The way the aura from its paws trails behind him as he moves reminds me of the Project M version of Lucario. It'd be cool to see if he can use some special attacks when his paws start glowing like that.
Old February 4, 2014, 10:06:52 PM
Celebi

Quote:

Looks like Lucario gets Extreme Speed for a recovery move again. The way the aura from its paws trails behind him as he moves reminds me of the Project M version of Lucario. It'd be cool to see if he can use some special attacks when his paws start glowing like that.
Holy moly where'd you get that pic? It isn't on Miiverse or the official site yet. I did a double take when I saw Palkia.

Lucario' Aura Sphere is also much bigger at max aura. I'll find the pic now.
Old February 4, 2014, 11:00:29 PM
Administrator

Er, please use the attachments when posting pictures in this thread. The daily ones like to change. I had to hunt down the one that Reun linked:

Name:	daily.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	5922

Also, here's a 3DS one:

Name:	screen-9.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	5923

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 4, 2014 at 11:02:37 PM.
Old February 5, 2014, 02:52:29 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Er, please use the attachments when posting pictures in this thread. The daily ones like to change.
Nooo~!

First Xerneas and now Palkia! Though Xerneas wasn't technically confirmed as an item nor a stage hazard it seems like most of the legendaries now appear from Poke Balls exclusively. But my fingers are still crossed for Mewtwo. In any case, Palkia looks a hundred times more useful than he did in Brawl~

Also, never copy the daily image link from the Smash Bros website. That link goes to the picture of the DAY, and therefore the image will constantly change. Just look at Mag's post on page 5 where he says they announced Luigi. The sexiest way to get the image is to copy it directly from Miiverse like I do~

Quote:
Lucario' Aura Sphere is also much bigger at max aura. I'll find the pic now.
Is this the image you were looking for?    

Last edited by TurtwigX; February 5, 2014 at 03:12:50 AM.
Old February 12, 2014, 03:29:15 AM
Giratina

Look out, guys, that shield-breaking game breaker has had some cosmetics done!

Just look at that black lightning. Ahh.
Sakurai says the new home run bat is now BLACK and is "so powerful that your eyes might bug out!!" It looks like he went for a more titanium look rather than wood. I don't play baseball so I don't know how much lighter that would be, but... oh no if it's faster... Not like I have a use for swinging it. I only throw it at people
Old February 12, 2014, 09:43:17 PM
Celebi

Nintendo Direct in a few hours.

Sakurai posted about it, everything is just to coincidental for Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong/King K. Rool not to be announced.
Old February 13, 2014, 04:34:47 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:

Sakurai posted about it, everything is just to coincidental for Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong/King K. Rool
Diddy and Dixie probably, King K Rool probably not since he isn't in any of the new games.
Old February 13, 2014, 12:29:39 PM
Celebi

Anyone gonna watch it live? I've never really focused on these but since there will be Smash news I'm going to.
Old February 13, 2014, 12:40:34 PM
Administrator

I'm not, but here's the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-dir...ve/02-13-2014/
Old February 13, 2014, 01:02:18 PM
Giratina

The very first thing shown in the Nintendo Direct? Little Mac punches in!

And THAT explains the Arena stage.

Edit: The official Smash Bros. website was updated with pictures, and his intro video has been uploaded to YouTube.

Little Mac comes with a power meter and his final smash is a Giga Bowser-esque transformation.

Last edited by TurtwigX; February 13, 2014 at 01:53:32 PM.
Old February 18, 2014, 03:37:01 AM
Giratina

Now now, Bowser. Do we never learn from our previous mistakes? (Those which make me jealous because aagh why does it have to be $60?)

Fairy in a bottle is a special item that heals fighters who have accumulated more than 100% damage in a battle. But what about the Heart Container? In Zelda games a fairy heals a set amount while a Heart Container heals everything. And if I remember correctly the healing fairies have a red tint. This one is whitish yellowish, so perhaps a big fairy?
And even though I'm sure this has referential purpose, when are we gonna see more of the crying Wind Waker fairy? I miss those.

Last edited by TurtwigX; February 18, 2014 at 03:39:51 AM.
Old February 21, 2014, 02:18:57 AM
Giratina

Today marks the day that Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze releases in EU and NA so BING BANG BOOM DIDDY'S BACK IN THE ROOM!

If you look at the rest of Diddy's pictures on the Smash Bros. website, you'll see he's also still sporting his old peanut gun and banana peels, so he should play too different. But, in this picture according to Sakurai,

"We've increased Diddy Kong's flexibility this time. This picture shows how far his punches stretch during his strong side attack."

I have no personal problems with Diddy, so I'm pretty glad that he's back.
Old February 21, 2014, 02:30:45 AM
Celebi

The thing I'm most relieved about is that Diddy isn't paired up with Dixie. That seemed to be the popular belief.
Old February 21, 2014, 02:50:10 AM
Giratina

Quote:
The thing I'm most relieved about is that Diddy isn't paired up with Dixie. That seemed to be the popular belief.
Okay, that sounds weird. I've been speculating Diddy's appearance for a while now since he was a pretty good character, but what media made people to believe that he'd have a pair with Dixie? The only true paired characters are the Ice Climbers, and Sakurai said they might not return because he's having a hard time syncing them together for the 3DS version.
Old February 25, 2014, 03:33:29 AM
Giratina

Minor pic, or should I say pics, of the day! A quote from Sakurai;

"Pic of the day. There are actually two versions of the boxing ring stage! This ring is the Smash Bros. version…"

"…and this one is the Punch Out!! W.V.B.A. design. King Dedede really likes fighting in the ring, doesn't he?"

Now the only real differences to the two rings are the color of the floor, the logo, and the name on the neon sign in the background (Smash Bros. for the first and Punch-Out!! for the second.) Now this isn't that big of a thing, but what if skins could be applied to other stages, like in Project M and other Brawl hacks? I could see some useless-DLC-unless-it's-free stuff here.
Old February 26, 2014, 10:01:02 PM
Celebi

I never supported Wauigi, but that comment... is cold.

Old February 27, 2014, 09:45:59 PM
Celebi

This week has certainly been interesting.

Firstly, Dedenne confirmed Pokeball:

And a bigger one.

Spamable A attacks like Mr. Game and Watch and Fox will now end in a finisher. It is unknown whether they will happen after a set number of button presses, or will happen when you finish spamming A.
Old February 28, 2014, 04:26:28 AM
Rayquaza

Finally a Generation VI pokemon.
Old March 2, 2014, 11:04:56 PM
Giratina

Does anyone remember this picture from way back when?

Well now it has its explanation in the form of a stage hazard!

The twin witches Koume and Kotake appear above Gerudo Valley and according to Sakurai "they're up to no good." Clearly they set fire to the bridge like The Bridge of Eldin and whatever else they might do to terrorize the smashers. Maybe they even combine to form Twinrova...?
Old March 3, 2014, 09:15:14 AM
Haxorus

omg I <3 Sakurai so much right now
Old March 3, 2014, 09:19:58 PM
Magikarp

This is a little list of some of the characters for ssb4 or AKA super smash bros wii u or 3ds
Old March 3, 2014, 10:01:03 PM
Giratina

A brand new picture freshly uploaded by our very own Mr. Sakurai!

The Bumper has been brought back again for its third appearance, and this time it has a totally fresh new redesign. Apparently nothing is safe from the HD treatment. And because this is back, the stupid annoying Flippers from Melee will not be returning (thank the lord.)

And to show you how much unnecessary detail is being put into this game, here's the side that you can't see.

"Here's the back side of the Bumper. There's way too much detail put into the side you can't really see. The designers really went overboard."

This is going to be the most beautiful game ever you guys.
Old March 5, 2014, 10:42:44 PM
Giratina

New pic of the day! And as common courtesy, I'll do a little something on the picture for yesterday.

It seems like lil Little Mac here isn't just a plain old boxer, oh no! He's got moves on his moves!

"Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away."
And, in an additional comment from Sakurai,

"The trick in activating these punches is to avoid tilting the controls diagonally from the get go--instead, tilt up or down right after the smash attack starts kicking in. You can also tilt up or down while you're powering up."

I can't recall the last time I heard a side SMASH that you can tilt to change. Usually I see that with the side special. It seems like this game's gonna have some really fun unique features to it. Maybe this could also explain some things me and Suicune were confused about when we were analyzing the Villager's moveset.

And here's yesterday. It's really unhelpful, so Sakurai's text will come right after it.

"Pic of the day. So far, which attack can blast away enemies the most dynamically… Is it King Dedede's fully charged Jet Hammer? Nah, it can't beat the K.O. uppercut. You can damage yourself by overcharging this attack, so watch out."

Well, anyone who's played Brawl knows that overcharging it will hurt you. But apparently Little Mac's uppercut is a force to be reckoned with. But the last time I checked... the reverse Falcon/Warlock Punch had the most dramatic knockback. Is that discreet disconfirmation I see, or will we just have to wait for the reveal later...?
Old March 6, 2014, 03:35:19 AM
Rayquaza

I have a feeling a character (probably Yoshi) will be revealed tomorrow.
Old March 6, 2014, 07:37:22 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
I have a feeling a character (probably Yoshi) will be revealed tomorrow.
Tommorow? Isn't it out on the 14th?
Old March 6, 2014, 08:17:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Tommorow? Isn't it out on the 14th?
New Ninty Direct already? Even then, aren't newcomers usually revealed in them? I think I remember Sonic one time...
Old March 7, 2014, 04:42:02 AM
Rayquaza

Looks like the island from New Leaf is also a stage in the 3DS version.

Old March 7, 2014, 02:54:53 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Looks like the island from New Leaf is also a stage in the 3DS version.

Had to change the source of the image before this post changes daily.

And it's a different island every time.

"What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?"
Old March 10, 2014, 03:31:00 PM
Giratina

HEY LOOK IT'S A FAT TROPHY

I GUESS WE BETTER CALL HIM BIG MAC

Eh, I wasn't gonna post this, but it's always nice to see a Captain Rainbow reference. And still no American release.
Old March 11, 2014, 03:08:57 AM
Giratina

Oh man you guys, this is stunning.

THAT is Lumiose City. Sakurai says,
"The Prism Tower rises above Lumiose City. Up until a few seconds ago, the fighters were brawling on top of that tower. No, really."

The city really IS that big. So now this is the official Pokémon stage of the 3DS version, unless there's also a second one. But now that begs the question, what do you think is the console version's official stage? Will we actually get FOUR different stages across both platforms?

And now that I think about it... that other Wii U picture with Xerneas might be a Pokéball. The Pokémon series doesn't have many console games, and currently none for Gen VI.
Old March 12, 2014, 03:32:23 AM
Giratina

New pic of the day! It's a bit of a whskwshkwsh (new noun!) so I'll add Sakurai's post right under it.

"Zelda's Din's Fire is now stronger in its core. The farther it's projected, the bigger and more powerful it will be, but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall."

So, this is Din's Cheapn-, I mean, Fire. However, the cheapness has been reduced as you can only knock people away when they're hit with the core and not just the blast. Maybe that also includes stunning. When he says "fall" I don't think he means spike, but hmm...
This attack is still like 90% cheap though
Old March 13, 2014, 03:49:37 AM
Giratina

Come on in.
Closer.
Even closer than that.
Because the more you think you see,
the easier it will be
to kill you with a motion sensor bomb.

Everything is getting flash new HD upgrades. Now what once was the Proximity Mine is a totally different... slightly Kid-Icarus-y bomb. The color is just so vibrant, though. Will it still be hard to see?
Old March 13, 2014, 10:43:54 PM
Celebi

I'm expecting Yoshi soon.
Old March 14, 2014, 01:14:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I'm expecting Yoshi soon.

A little upset? Well, everyone on Miiverse was. If it's any help, today was only the international release. The Japanese release is in the summer.
He did this on purpose.

Last edited by TurtwigX; March 14, 2014 at 01:17:06 PM.
Old March 15, 2014, 09:55:08 AM
Celebi

Quote:
He did this on purpose.
Ikr.
Old March 18, 2014, 03:19:14 AM
Giratina

This picture of the day doesn't need much description from me. Sakurai does all the talking on Miiverse. And a whole lot of it.

"Pic of the day. Here's some info on the Nintendo 3DS stage called Super Mario 3D Land! First, it advances by side-scrolling…"

"Then you continue into the valley--it's in 3D Land, after all. The protruding stone blocks change the angles of the platforms."

"After that, back to side-scrolling. Now it gets you moving--you'll have to trot downhill here."

"And finally, you get back on rails to go farther into the stage. It takes roughly two minutes to complete a lap, and at the end you go into a giant pipe that takes you back to the beginning. …I know this sequence goes above and beyond a traditional Pic of the Day, so consider this a little something extra on the side from me."

Whew, that was a trip.
Old March 21, 2014, 03:18:20 AM
Giratina

OH MY GOODNESS, LOOK AT THE AMAZING DETAIL AND WONDER PUT INTO THIS

"The most powerful commander of the Forces of Nature, Lightning Flash Phosphora!!"

...TROPHY.

"…is a Trophy. The detail in her scarf is amazing."

While an assist trophy Phosphora would've been cool, it's at least nice to see the attention the team puts to detail is top notch.
Old March 31, 2014, 04:15:16 AM
Rayquaza

Well of course the Negative Zone is gone.

That Final Smash was created from Luigi embracing being in brother’s shadow. Due of The Year of Luigi, he can’t use it anymore.
Old April 1, 2014, 01:10:15 AM
Administrator

Looks like Nintendo Power's Nester is joining the ranks!

http://www.smashbros.us/us/characters/nester.htmlClick image for larger version

Name:	screen-6.jpg
Views:	1854
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	6088

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 1, 2014 at 01:11:38 AM.
Old April 1, 2014, 02:38:02 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Looks like Nintendo Power's Nester is joining the ranks!

http://www.smashbros.us/us/characters/nester.htmlAttachment 6088
The website is Smash Bros DOT COM /us. Never trust any video game info today that isn't 100% confirmed.
Old April 1, 2014, 07:34:30 AM
Celebi

Quote:
The website is Smash Bros DOT COM /us. Never trust any video game info today that isn't 100% confirmed.
I think he knew ;3

Anyway, today we got more of Palutena's Temple.
Old April 1, 2014, 12:20:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
'Course I knew that. I was just passing on the prank.
Old April 1, 2014, 02:10:49 PM
Giratina

I don't happen to like fake video game news, joke or no joke.
Old April 2, 2014, 11:17:32 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
I don't happen to like fake video game news, joke or no joke.
Agreed, even if it was April Fools. Such an ignorant, time wasting joke.

On the topic of this thread, I will probably start with maining The Villager and Diddy Kong. And, if I want to, try to main Little Mac as well.
Old April 2, 2014, 02:47:06 PM
Giratina

Okay, back to business.

"Pic of the day. The Gust Bellows can blow opponents away with its powerful wind blasts. When someone drops it, though, the gusts run wild! Out of the new items, more than a few will be from The Legend of Zelda series. We'll take the most interesting and straightforward ones and reformulate them to match the Smash Bros. world."

So the Gust Bellows is going to be an item, which is great since it was one of my favorite things about Skyward Sword. I can imagine it now as top annoyance item... ah~ It seems Sakurai is interesting in getting a handful of Zelda items this time. Heart Container, Fairy, Cuccoo, and now Gust Bellows. What could be next?
Old April 3, 2014, 03:33:17 AM
Giratina

"Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!"

One of the most annoying ways to star KO is now a meteor smash! Hmm, but I dunno if this is a sigh of relief or more of a panicking gasp. A meteor smash is like an evil combo gate.
Old April 3, 2014, 12:06:07 PM
Keldeo

If you can time it right this is one of the safest meteor smashes to pull off. With Pikachu headed towards the edge from left or right you can drop it off, as long as it doesn't hit yourself, don't even need to really risk being off the edge to get the smash out. From the games I still consider Marth's to be the hardest to pull off because of the extra small field where it will hit correct, at least in Melee and Brawl.
Old April 3, 2014, 01:38:34 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
If you can time it right this is one of the safest meteor smashes to pull off. With Pikachu headed towards the edge from left or right you can drop it off, as long as it doesn't hit yourself, don't even need to really risk being off the edge to get the smash out. From the games I still consider Marth's to be the hardest to pull off because of the extra small field where it will hit correct, at least in Melee and Brawl.
The problem isn't with being smashed below the stage. The problem is something like Zero Suit Samus's whip except more reliable. It could pull you down, stun you, and then Pikachu could continuously combo you. But I'm just happy it can no longer be used to cheaply finish off people smashed into the air.
Old April 3, 2014, 02:52:44 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
The problem isn't with being smashed below the stage. The problem is something like Zero Suit Samus's whip except more reliable. It could pull you down, stun you, and then Pikachu could continuously combo you. But I'm just happy it can no longer be used to cheaply finish off people smashed into the air.
I'm guessing that you don't favor finishing people off over the edge, I didn't say anything about it being more of a problem or not, you will see more people (very likely) spam it near the edge because the cost to yourself, which can lower more easily, though yes not on the edge provides combo possibilities, it didn't become a worse finishing move, they just changed it's usage near the edge.
Old April 4, 2014, 03:19:25 AM
Giratina

Today's picture is pointless.

Despite her appearing in New Leaf, I suppose she just so happens to make a guest appearance at the City Folk stage. But the important thing is-

"Congratulations on your appearance Isabelle!
I also have another important announcement.
On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!"

There's going to be a special SMASH BROS. Direct, which totally obviously means new character reveal. I have no predictions (don't wanna get my hopes up ) so I'll just be waiting for it. I don't quite think I'll be there to see it live since I'll be out so late, but hopefully I can catch it round my way back.
Old April 4, 2014, 04:34:54 AM
Celebi

Alright, before I explode with hype, Isabelle is an AT, not just a character in the backround.

Also, overhype! I think we'll get multiple veterans to make up for the drought that was March.
Old April 4, 2014, 06:16:15 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Alright, before I explode with hype, Isabelle is an AT, not just a character in the backround.

Also, overhype! I think we'll get multiple veterans to make up for the drought that was March.
Oh whoops. I was so tired I didn't notice the obvious. I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE NOW ISABELLE! SHOWER ME WITH YOUR LOVE FRUITS!
Old April 4, 2014, 09:43:10 AM
Rayquaza

No she's going to send out hives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU
Old April 8, 2014, 01:37:17 AM
Celebi

THE HYPE IS REAL.
Old April 8, 2014, 11:50:18 AM
Administrator

And of course, here's a link directly to it, where I presume the archival video will be after the event, as well:
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/
Old April 8, 2014, 02:13:42 PM
Administrator

Now this is kinda funny. There will be a competitive mode with no items and Final Destination only, yet there will also be a fun mode where all items are on and the stage will be random (no Final Destination).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fun mode.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	6104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Glory mode.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	6105  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 8, 2014 at 02:14:37 PM.
Old April 8, 2014, 02:45:19 PM
Celebi

Characters confirmed include: Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Yoshi, Charizard and Greninja.