Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Weeks Will You Be Available?
July 14th - July 20th 12 70.59%
July 21st - July 27th 9 52.94%
July 28th - August 3rd 8 47.06%
August 4th - August 10th 5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old July 1, 2013, 08:45:42 AM

Default 2013 VR LITTLE CUP TOURNAMENT - Discussion

Hey everyone, it's been a while since we've had our last tournament. Since a good chunk of the Summer is over (for me at least), I've assumed that there wouldn't be enough time for people to make a VGC team- or any other team that required extensive breeding or EV training. Instead however, I believe a Little Cup tournament would be for the best. Making LC teams are considerably easier to make because: your Pokémon only need to be level 5, no EV training is required, and IVs are unimportant when a Pokémon is only level 5. In other words, everyone has a fair shot of winning- even those who aren't competitive battlers.

With that in mind- I hope this encourages people to participate. Now I'll get into the rules.

Rules

1. Unlike past tournaments, these battles will be 6 vs. 6 Single battles. When on wifi, choose the Free Battle option with the Wonder Launcher off.
2. All of your Pokémon must be level 5 or lower. Anyone using level 6 or above Pokémon will be disqualified from the tournament.
3. All Pokémon must be in their lowest stage to participate. For example, people must use Happiny instead of Chansey because it's the lowest stage. Likewise, all Pokémon that participate MUST be able to evolve. In order words- Pokémon who do not evolve can't participate. (examples are Spiritomb, Sigilyph, and Farfetch'd). I can't stress how important this rule is.
4. Sleep Clause: Only 1 Pokémon on the opposing team can be put to sleep at a time.
5. Item Clause: You cannot put 2 of the same item on your Pokémon (except for leftovers)
6. Self-KO and OHKO Clause- Moves like Sheer Cold and Fissure are banned and Pokémon. If there is 1 Pokémon left on both sides, and if there is a Pokémon who use the move Explosion or Selfdestruct, the one using the move loses.
7. Evasion Clause: Double Team or any move that raises your evasion is not allowed. (this includes the move Acupressure)
8. Fixed damage moves like Sonicboom and Dragon Rage are NOT ALLOWED.
9. Hax items are not allowed: Items that require luck in order to activate can't be used. Examples include: Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Claw, and Scope Lens.

Pokémon who are banned in Little Cup:
Code:
Carvanha
Gligar
Meditite
Misdreavus
Scyther
Yanma
Sneasel
Murkrow
Tangela
Vulpix
Be sure to read through the rules before asking any questions.
Now as for the date of this tournament...I'm going to put up a poll about which week the tournament should take place. One important note about the poll: Be sure to vote for every week that you're available, even if you end up voting for all 4 poll choices. The week that has the most availability votes will be chosen as the tournament week. If there is a tie between the number of votes, then I will pick the week that seems to work the easiest for everyone.

**The poll will close this coming Sunday (July 7th), so be sure to plan ahead before voting!**

Note that this is NOT a Sign-Up/Sign-in thread. Those threads will be made when the tournament week draws near. But if you guys have any questions or concerns about the tournament, feel free to discuss them here. If I'm unable to host this tournament during a certain week, then Ditto616 will take my place.

Last edited by Reuniclus; July 7, 2013 at 03:26:42 PM. Reason: Adding another rule
Old July 1, 2013, 10:03:09 PM
Giratina

I'm not sure when I'll be able to go on, but I just chose the first three cause they seem reasonable
Old July 2, 2013, 12:54:05 AM
Haxorus

I made a mistake, I am not avaliable on the poll option: "July 28th to August 3rd".
Old July 2, 2013, 04:19:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
I made a mistake, I am not avaliable on the poll option: "July 28th to August 3rd".
Alright, I've deleted that vote.
Old July 2, 2013, 04:47:14 PM
Giratina

I might be able to do this I feel like not-training. So the first one seems too early. 28th-3rd I'll be in Vegas without Wifi (and I don't want to spend my time doing what I always do ) Last week I'll be occupied with band camp. The logical thing for me is the 21st-27th.
Old July 2, 2013, 09:24:43 PM
Kyurem

I might actually not be here in the July 21st-27th time period, but I'm not entirely sure about that. But I should actually be free for the other time periods.
Old July 2, 2013, 10:54:06 PM
Regigigas

If its bw2 I might be able too haven't beaten it yet.
Old July 3, 2013, 08:21:34 AM
Kyurem

I think I will be able to participate in this.

Also, did you forget to add the evasion clause or was it consciously left out? Double Team is a real pain in the butt, so it would be nice to see that clause implemented.
Old July 3, 2013, 09:19:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I think I will be able to participate in this.

Also, did you forget to add the evasion clause or was it consciously left out? Double Team is a real pain in the butt, so it would be nice to see that clause implemented.
You are quite right, I don't know how I missed that one. *adds*
Old July 3, 2013, 11:08:42 AM
Kyurem

The only one of those weeks that I am available is the 14th to the 20th, but I am not positive I would be able to do this tournament though. It does look like it should be an interesting tournament to join in.
Old July 3, 2013, 11:13:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
The only one of those weeks that I am available is the 14th to the 20th, but I am not positive I would be able to do this tournament though. It does look like it should be an interesting tournament to join in.
The poll is only to gauge which week would be best to hold the tournament. If you find that you're available in another week at the last minute, that's fine too.

...I guess it's also used to show who would be interested to join.
Old July 5, 2013, 10:06:21 AM
Rayquaza

Oh boy I remember getting so close to winning the last little cup I'm so in.

Especially now that Gligar is banned who is the reason why I lost the last one.
Old July 5, 2013, 10:09:49 AM
Regigigas

Would someone be so kind to trade me random level fives so I can participate I recently started a new game in my white two
pm me if you can
Old July 5, 2013, 10:28:45 AM
Linoone

I think I'll be able to do this. July 14-20th sounds good. Though getting the right moves for level five Pokémon? Better go get all the TMs I can!

Oh, before I forget. Is evolite banned?

Last edited by Reuniclus; July 8, 2013 at 08:47:29 PM.
Old July 5, 2013, 06:33:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfbane5001 View Post
Oh, before I forget. Is evolite banned?
Eviolite is not banned from Little Cup from what I believe. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong )
Old July 5, 2013, 06:35:17 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Eviolite is not banned from Little Cup from what I believe. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong )
It is not normal to ban Eviolite, so you are correct.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; July 5, 2013 at 06:35:28 PM.
Old July 5, 2013, 06:54:58 PM

By the current standings of the poll, the LC tournament will take place from July 14th to the 20th unless there are going to be a bunch of new votes between now and tomorrow.
Old July 5, 2013, 08:55:42 PM
Giratina

Oh no, I just realized that's the week of my Band Camp. Unless I can join in at the dead of the night you'll have to count me out (Even though this isn't a real sign up sheet.
Old July 7, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
Volcarona

Wait, so Hax Items are allowed for Little Cup?
Old July 7, 2013, 03:24:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
Wait, so Hax Items are allowed for Little Cup?
Oh, thanks for bringing that up. Just like in normal competitive battles, no hax items are allowed.

For those who don't know what hax items are: they are items that require luck in order to activate. Examples include Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Claw, and Scope Lens.

Contrary to the word hax however, items that cause a negative status condition such as Flame Orb and Toxic Orb are allowed.

Also thought this would be useful. Smogon got back up recently and they have a list of LC cup Pokémon that can participate.
http://smogon.com/bw/tiers/lc

Last edited by Reuniclus; July 7, 2013 at 03:27:53 PM.
Old July 8, 2013, 06:21:43 PM

Alright guys, the poll closed today and I'm happy to announce that the VR Little Cup Tournament will take place July 14th - July 20th . This tournament will be going on for the whole week, so it's okay if you're unable to make it during one or two days that week.

I'll be making a Sign-Up thread shortly. I'm expecting whoever voted for this specific week will end up participating.

Oh, and as for the prize, it's a secret! Muahaha ;3
Old July 8, 2013, 08:36:10 PM
Regigigas

I can't participate I have no saved data on my white 2 so I therefore have no pokemon unless someone trades me level fives :/
Old July 10, 2013, 03:55:21 AM
Giratina

Lmfao I never realized that making an LC team actually REQUIRES WORK... Damnit. Well, I'm just gonna go in there with a random team and hope for the best. WOO! LETS DO THIS!!!
Old July 10, 2013, 06:06:33 PM
Volcarona

So, if we can't boost evasion, can we have moves that lower the opponent's accuracy like Sand-attack? I remember that being legal in other competitive play, but I just wanted to be sure.
Old July 10, 2013, 06:08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
So, if we can't boost evasion, can we have moves that lower the opponent's accuracy like Sand-attack? I remember that being legal in other competitive play, but I just wanted to be sure.
Yes, moves that lower accuracy like Sand Attack and Mud Slap are allowed because you can switch Pokémon to get rid of the accuracy drop.
Old July 10, 2013, 10:44:48 PM
Kyurem

I've already have a team set up and mostly ready to go.

Speaking of competitive play, there's the third kind of rules - official rules - where the only things that are banned are what's stuck on each game's list of banned Pokémon and bugged moves.
Old July 11, 2013, 04:03:56 AM
Haxorus

2/6 done at the moment, hopefully I will be ready by tommorow evening.
Old July 11, 2013, 10:58:12 AM
Giratina

Though I'm not gonna use it, is a FEAR Rattata allowed? (With the Quick Attack and the yeah.)
Old July 11, 2013, 12:13:08 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Though I'm not gonna use it, is a FEAR Rattata allowed? (With the Quick Attack and the yeah.)
That would be pointless, FEAR only works with Pokemon that would knock it out in one shot.
Old July 11, 2013, 01:30:18 PM

Quote:
FEAR Rattata, as with any FEAR set is allowed, but not really recommended for LC battles.
Old July 11, 2013, 05:32:05 PM
Volcarona

This is really turning out to be a different take on competitive play, and I think it's turning out well so far. Those nights on Serebii checking base stats is really coming in handy for planning the team Half my team done, and I shouldn't need any items from Gear Station, so I'm pretty excited to see what happens ^^
Old July 12, 2013, 04:24:12 PM
Kyurem

TEAM COMPLETE. But now I have to wait a couple of days before I get to show it off, which is lame. :<
Old July 13, 2013, 07:26:08 AM

Just a reminder that the VR Little Cup begins tomorrow.

I'll be making the brackets as well as putting up a results thread as well. Make sure to have your team ready by tomorrow. There will be no specific time when it will start. If you have any conflicts during the week or conflicts during battles, be sure to notify either me or Ditto.

**If you find that someone broke the rules, I highly suggest that you save the battle video and upload it to the Battle Video station, then send me the battle video number so that you have solid proof that he/she cheated.**

For those who don't know how to upload Battle Videos, here's an explanation: You go into the Pokémon Center and head upstairs to the right-most receptionist as if you're going onto the GTS. When she gives you a list of options, you select Battle Videos and you will be taken to the Battle Videos database. Once there, you can upload your battle video and they will give you a number. Be sure to write the number down! Once you've done that, all you need to do is send me the number.
Old July 14, 2013, 06:26:18 AM
Giratina

Aw crap it's tomorrow?! Geez. I don't even have a team xD
Old July 17, 2013, 06:50:57 PM
Giratina

It's almost Friday (I won't be here all of Saturday. Bad week to be here) and Kazam/Phantom haven't battled yet. Will this tournament see some extenze time so I have the chance to battle them if they don't by Friday night?
Old July 17, 2013, 07:04:15 PM

Quote:
It's almost Friday (I won't be here all of Saturday. Bad week to be here) and Kazam/Phantom haven't battled yet. Will this tournament see some extenze time so I have the chance to battle them if they don't by Friday night?
Certainly! I can extend the tournament a couple days so everyone can finish their battles if need be.
Old July 17, 2013, 08:12:14 PM
Giratina

We haven't battled cause Wi-Fi is a jerk.