Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 28, 2012, 04:55:36 PM
Shaymin

Default Superflat Worlds.

Recently on Minecraft I have been making new things for the fun of it. One of them is multi-layered super flat worlds. It is so much fun! I dont use presets, because the will be boring. I use my own that by putting them into a generator.
PM me if you want this generator.

I was just wondering a few things:
Do you like/use Superflat Worlds?
Do you use presets on there or use your own?

I usually make the super flat world in a pattern below ground level. Sometimes I make them into mazes, and sometimes I make minigames. The minigames are really simple but challenging to manipulate.
Another thing I use it for is redstone. Flat surfaces seem to be a great place to practice using redstone, which I am very unexperience with. Right now I am testing my ability to figure out Dispensers.
Old November 28, 2012, 05:38:59 PM
Giratina

My main world is a super flat world. And I dont use any presets because I play on Xbox and I dont think it's possible lol

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; November 28, 2012 at 05:39:56 PM.
Old November 28, 2012, 05:58:28 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
My main world is a super flat world. And I dont use any presets because I play on Xbox and I dont think it's possible lol
I should have said that I am speaking of the PC version. But I do not have any experience of the XBox version. Do you use your superflat word for survival?
Old November 28, 2012, 06:15:00 PM
Volcarona

Right now, superflat is good for one thing (well, there are other things, but this is the big one): Redstone. With the whole 1.5 Redstone update messing with BUD's, though, this is gonna throw off everything I've worked for. Oh wells. Regardless, yeah. Redstone Ready for me all the way.
Old November 28, 2012, 06:52:06 PM

I've never tried living on a superflat world before. I think the only time I used one was to test out a certain contraptions or to make models for structures. (I rarely experiment with redstone, so it's probably why I never do a lot of things on superflat worlds)
Old November 29, 2012, 03:33:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
I should have said that I am speaking of the PC version. But I do not have any experience of the XBox version. Do you use your superflat word for survival?
Yeah once I finish my civilization, im gonna turn survival on. Its gonna be so kewl.
Old November 29, 2012, 12:16:18 PM
Giratina

Superflat survival worlds would probably be incredibly boring, yet difficult because your only supplies would be from villages. It would be impossible to live in Superflat survival worlds if you choose to turn off structures.

Personally I, and most other people, use Superflat worlds to try and figure out how to make redstone contraptions. In fact, I figured out the timing needed for a crusher trap (which was later made useless by a group effort to make an Enderman farm) in a Superflat world. The only other use I have with Superflat worlds is to mess around and set all 80 layers of the world to TNT and give myself a Flint and Steel and watch Minecraft cry for the next 15 minutes.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; November 29, 2012 at 12:17:27 PM.
Old November 29, 2012, 01:01:27 PM
Zoroark

I use superflat whenever I want to try out a world build machine, like an elevator or a howitzer.
Old November 29, 2012, 02:44:04 PM
Giratina

I use creation mode and I have a spawn chest filled with things to help you start on survival. And its fun because there are slimes everywhere