Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Introductions
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Introductions If you're new, this is your first stop after signing up!

Search this Thread
Old January 6, 2012, 09:38:45 AM
Floatzel

Cool hoping to stay this time!

Hiya! ^^

well as you can see on my join date I've actually been here for a year or something like that (formerly twistedspoon but I changed my name here yesterday to avoid confusion with someone else), but I left soon after I originally joined for several reasons, mostly real life, a few amigos on other forums pulling me in their direction and so many other crazy reasons.

Things have settled down a bit since then and I came back here since I remembered how friendly and amazing the community was here so wanted to give it a second-shot.

Seriously, you guys are awesome and I'm just glad to be back =D

I'm hoping to stick around this time, or at the very least not just disappear!
Probably get some ASB going too. Looks good fun.

anyways the above doesn't tell much about myself I guess.

I discovered pokémon when I was 5. Got given yellow one day by my mum (I'm british =p). I was so excited. I was stuck in the trainer's house though for about an hour because I never knew the mat would let me leave. I was so upset having the game but not being able to leave the house for an hour, just walking into walls :3

Time went on as time does. Kept up with the series. Got snap and Stadium for N64 which were both great games which I still remeber fondly an play whilst nostaglia'ing. :]
Yeah, spent quite a bit with pokés growing up. Joined my first pokés forum (Pkmn.net) when I was 12 or 13 and stayed there for 6 months having a fun time.
Competitive battling and spriting used to be my thing. Sorta lost competitive battling after good old shoddy battle went out of fashion, and I haven't sprited in forever (iirc i posted some here about a year ago though :s)

in real life I'm studying to get into university and hopefully read natural sciences so I can become a molecular biochemist. It's demanding but I find a lot of the stuff real interesting.
I used to do standup comedy at my school a couple of times too. It's good fun and a great way to get over nerves (man, I used to have so much nerves but those days are way behind me now).
I highly recommend it (~'0'~)
Yeah, I'd say I'm an optimist and always try and make the best of a bad situation. Actually, if it wasn't for my optimism I'd have probably never come back here anyways :]

hmm what else do I like...
Well my compadré and I tried to write a book recently which sounded like a great project to do over your holidays.
However we hit a wall when your best Idea was the story of a detective who became a seagull(?) and we had no idea to explain why he was a seagull. That got really weird actually.
I'd still like to write a book at some point in my life though.
My life's been pretty crazy actually.

From being detained by Chinese border police to having to having to decode a Welsh Fire alarm 100 miles from home during the middle of the night at sub-zero temperatures in pyjamas and dressing gown.
Man, i should be writing an autobiography
But I'm sure I'll have many more adventures on here

well i guess that's me for now. I'm sure I'll see many of you around the boards (again!)

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż ~ Silverlands
Old January 6, 2012, 11:09:31 AM
Kyurem

Twistedspoon? Familiar, but I can't quite place my finger on what I know you by. Figures, with that postcount.

(e: and I've finally found somewhere to post without my postcount going up. I'm saving it for something postcount++-ish)

Last edited by NismoZ; January 6, 2012 at 11:10:10 AM.
Old January 6, 2012, 11:52:01 AM
Floatzel

eh, It's a small post count for now, but then again if it wasn't I wouldn't really be posting here
(☞゚O゚)☞
Old January 6, 2012, 12:22:20 PM
Shaymin

Like NismoZ I recognize the name Twistedspoon, but I can't exactly remember you. You were in the chat a bunch, am I right? And I was most likely also still a staff member when you were here, but I'm not for now. Anyways, a friendly welcome back from the most friendly member on VR (as voted in VR yearbook). I hope you stay this time! ^~^

Last edited by Luxray13579; January 6, 2012 at 12:23:07 PM.
Old January 6, 2012, 02:45:54 PM
Kyurem

Hm...that name seems familiar. Oh well, welcome back! :3
Old January 6, 2012, 03:43:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Twistedspoon? Familiar, but I can't quite place my finger on what I know you by. Figures, with that postcount.
Twistedspoon is Shiny.

Anyway, welcome back, Silver!