Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 23, 2010, 08:44:08 PM
Haxorus

Default Muslims plan to build a mosque near Ground Zero.

(Admins, if you don't find this board as the appropriate board for this thread, go ahead and move it.)

This is about Muslims wanting to build a mosque 2 blocks away from Ground Zero, which was where the Twin Towers were burnt down. If you don't know about this stuff and are too young, please do not read this.

I think this has been going on for a year now, but I'm sure some of you may not have heard of this. Al-Qaeda plans to build a community center/mosque near Ground Zero, which is again where the Twin Towers were burnt down by terrorists. There's a whole lot of controversy as to whether or not they have they, the terrorists, have a right to build a mosque near where they burnt down our property and expect all of America to accept it.

I, personally, think it's stupid, and I don't think they have a right to do it. Obama is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! Our protector! You'd expect him to do something about it, but NOOOO, 'cause he's a MUSLIM, so he won't do JACK about it! Everyone just HAD to cast their votes on him, huh???

I'd post this in Serious Debate, but I don't have permission, so General Chat is where this is gonna go unless an admin moves it.

Sorry, I'm just furious about this situation. Also, I got permission from Cat to post this, so please don't remove it.

Discuss.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; August 23, 2010 at 08:50:59 PM.
Old August 23, 2010, 08:56:38 PM
Floatzel

im kinda partial to this, as im all about freedom of religious practice, but me and (some of) my family think that it may influence terrorism of the ppl that go there.

also, i thought Obama was christian?
Old August 23, 2010, 08:57:26 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryseeker99 View Post
im kinda partial to this, as im all about freedom of religious practice, but me and (some of) my family think that it may influence terrorism of the ppl that go there.

also, i thought Obama was christian?
lol, you DO realize Obama is a liar, right?
Old August 23, 2010, 08:59:39 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternateshadow300 View Post
lol, you DO realize Obama is a liar, right?
and how would you know?
Old August 23, 2010, 09:04:17 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryseeker99 View Post
and how would you know?
It's obvious.
Old August 23, 2010, 09:05:41 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
It's obvious.
not a fact

what proof do you have that Obama is Muslim

and all politicians are liars in some way, shape, or form. so you dont need to bring that up.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; August 23, 2010 at 09:14:18 PM.
Old August 23, 2010, 09:10:17 PM
Kyurem

I highly suggest that you educate yourself on basic matters such as the role of the President, and how not to look completely uneducated when spewing facts that simply are not true. While I believe that the building of said mosque near Ground 0 is not the best idea, I highly suggest that you alter your approach to the situation and actually learn of things such as our President's religion, for starters.
Old August 23, 2010, 09:13:25 PM
Shaymin

While I don't think that the muslims have the right to build something around the area of a place they destroyed, you must remember that the USA has freedom of religion, so it's not like Obama could say to **** off, even if he weren't muslim.
Old August 23, 2010, 09:19:46 PM
Haxorus

But he himself has even admitted to it. 'Course you won't believe me, so I'm not gonna convince you. The point is to express thoughts on this whole Al-Quaeda-Trying-To-Take-Over-Some-Of-Our-Property.
Old August 23, 2010, 09:27:31 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
But he himself has even admitted to it. 'Course you won't believe me, so I'm not gonna convince you. The point is to express thoughts on this whole Al-Quaeda-Trying-To-Take-Over-Some-Of-Our-Property.
Proof of him admitting it? Oh, and I did not realize that giving Muslims a place of worship meant our imminent doom. And this may shock you, but not all Muslims are evil.
Old August 23, 2010, 09:28:09 PM
Pikachu

"I think this has been going on for a year now, but I'm sure some of you may not have heard of this. Al-Qaeda plans to build a community center/mosque near Ground Zero, which is again where the Twin Towers were burnt down by terrorists."
Al-Qaeda is in no way associated with this. If it was Al-Qaeda doing this, don't you think the government would key into stopping this? If you think it's Al-Qaeda, do you have any evidence at all proving this? Just because they're Muslims and they're associated with Lower Manhattan doesn't make them Al-Qaeda, hell, there's plenty of innocent Muslims who died in 9/11! And guess what has a September 11th memorial? The community center! The twin towers were attacked by EXTREMISTS, not everyday Muslims.

"There's a whole lot of controversy"
Caused by people who think like you no doubt.

"as to whether or not they have they, the terrorists,"
Again being Muslim doesn't make you a terrorist, you ignorant lawyer.

"have a right to build a mosque near where they burnt down our property and expect all of America to accept it."
Freedom of Speech and Expression is in your constitution, bro. These people are innocent as you and me.

"I, personally, think it's stupid, and I don't think they have a right to do it. Obama is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! Our protector!"
Yes because all other presidents did SUCH a good job fulfilling that supposed duty....looking at you, W.

"You'd expect him to do something about it, but NOOOO, 'cause he's a MUSLIM,"
Admittedly Obama's ethnic history isn't crystal clear, you have just as much validity to claim he's muslim as I do claiming he's a scientologist.

....you know, I'm Canadian and I know a boatload more about this than you. Pardon me for being an outspoken left-winger but you seem to be just as much biased towards the right-wing, if not more.
Old August 23, 2010, 10:22:22 PM
Haxorus

No need for such agression. Jesus Christ. I did try to change the title of this thread, because saying "Muslim" was offensive, and tried to change it to "Al-Quaeda", but it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. So from what I can gather, you guys don't care what they do, they can even just nuke everyone right now, and you won't care. Right? Is that correct?

Stop trying to pick arguments with me, because no matter what, I will not cooperate.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; August 23, 2010 at 10:23:21 PM.
Old August 23, 2010, 10:26:59 PM
Pikachu

Verily, if you'd rather act ignorant towards then I don't have a problem with that.....I mean it's your life.
Old August 24, 2010, 02:49:18 AM
Rayquaza

First of all, I am going to move this thread to the Serious Debate board because it deserves to be there.

Now that it is in the Serious Debate board, I can freely debate about it, and prove you wrong as well.

In the beginning, I want to inform you that from what you have mentioned in your topic, you showed Muslims as terrorists, which is completely unacceptable. Not only that, but from what you described Obama as a "MUSLIM", you completely show a disgust against them; named racism I believe. As a whole, you have broken a very serious rule in the forums, that is, offending other members. Just for you to know, there are some Muslims in this forums, and they find what you said offensive and rude.

Now, coming to the debate. You mentioned in the title "Muslims" and then referred in the thread to Al Qaeda. If you can actually explain what you mean please. For the sake of your poor knowledge, Islam is considered as one of the three Abrahamic religions. Insulting one of these religions means insulting the other two. Then, if you want to go and start yelling about it, then first, know the basics of the religion you are shouting against. It is in the human's general knowledge that peace is something must be achieved. There is no religion that asks for terrorism. In the mean time, not all those who belong to a certain religion are good. Al Qaeda is an example. Al Qaeda killed a lot of people, but not only non-Muslims. Al Qaeda kills anyone, even if that one is a Muslim himself, and I can prove that easily if you want. Strictly speaking, Al Qaeda has no religion. They created their own religion and beliefs, that they actually say that Muslims who aren't with them aren't Muslims. I think that is enough to prove you wrong, or do you want more?

Again, yelling at you country like that is stupid. You are showing the US as an irresponsible country that doesn't care about its citizens. If there was any slight relation between the Mosque that is supposed to be built and Al Qaeda, then it would have immediately stopped it. Also, isn't America the country of freedom? If you believe in freedom, then you should take building a mosque as easy as building a church. And why don't you actually take it from a positive side anyway? After the 11th of September, many ignorant people, like you, started flaming at Muslims for no reason. Building a Mosque in that place can be a good sign of love between the religions. It can show that Muslims are against the 11th of September, and thus, they want to build a Mosque, representing peace for those who died.

Just for you to know, Muslims never liked the 11th of September accident. Never.

Last edited by Shadow; August 24, 2010 at 05:51:19 AM.
Old August 24, 2010, 04:13:13 AM
Giratina

It's too soon. We're still at war with Al-Quaeda, and the general American population is still against the muslim community, despite the fact that only a mere fraction of muslims are extremists.

Maybe in 30 years after the war is over, but not now.
Old August 24, 2010, 05:05:53 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
It's too soon. We're still at war with Al-Quaeda, and the general American population is still against the muslim community, despite the fact that only a mere fraction of muslims are extremists.

Maybe in 30 years after the war is over, but not now.
A war with Al Qaeda doesn't mean a war against a whole religion. There is no point from attacking the whole religion when some extremists did something already hated by everyone in the world.
Old August 24, 2010, 05:13:27 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
A war with Al Qaeda doesn't mean a war against a whole religion. There is no point from attacking the whole religion when some extremists did something already hated by everyone in the world.
Yes, but the fact is most americans blame the entire religion for what happened.
Old August 24, 2010, 05:18:51 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Yes, but the fact is most americans blame the entire religion for what happened.
And this is the duty of those who understand the incident and the government itself, which has good relationships with the Arab countries, to clear the accuse.
Old August 24, 2010, 05:48:33 AM
Giratina

As Walui said, if it was Al-Qaeda planning to build a mosque near Ground Zero, then the US government would DEFINITELY interfere to stop it. And for your information, not all Muslims are terrorists. Actually, if you had any idea about Islam's teachings, you wouldn't be talking ignorantly like this. Islam comes from the word 'peace', which means that it encourages peace in the world, just like any other religion. Heck, if you consider Al-Qaeda to be a terrorist organization, that doesn't mean all Muslims are. Also, Muslims weren't really happy about the 9/11 incident because they knew it was a terrible conspiracy which resulted in the deaths of many innocent people. On top of that, the 9/11 incident was executed by extremists, and till now, there's no concrete evidence to prove who was behind it. There are a lot of conspiracy theories regarding this event, and many are saying that the main reason as to why it took place was to cause tension, hatred and war between the US and the Middle East generally. Thus, I can safely assume that you've been affected in the exact way those extremists want you to be, because you're basing your argument on ignorance, and then backing yourself up by flaming and cussing.

Quote:
Obama is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! Our protector! You'd expect him to do something about it, but NOOOO, 'cause he's a MUSLIM, so he won't do JACK about it! Everyone just HAD to cast their votes on him, huh???
Wow, so first of all you don't even know your president's religion. Second, you accused him of being a liar (later in one of your replies). Third, you're pretty much saying that the Americans made the wrong decision by choosing him as their president, mainly because they were FORCED to? I can see how much of a true, American citizen you are. Your country has freedom of speech and expression, and if innocent Muslims want to build a mosque near Ground Zero, it is not the end of the world. After all, churches and mosques represent peace, and as Spirit said, you can take this from a positive side; that this mosque is a holy place which respects the people who died due to the incident. But I don't think you'll ever be able to do so because you're so full of your false opinion about all Muslims being terrorists.

Quote:
Stop trying to pick arguments with me, because no matter what, I will not cooperate.
Judging from this statement, I can see who's the one who's completely biased towards his opinion.

Last edited by Shadow; August 24, 2010 at 08:31:35 AM.
Old August 24, 2010, 06:05:39 AM
Giratina

Quote:
And this is the duty of those who understand the incident and the government itself, which has good relationships with the Arab countries, to clear the accuse.
Unfortunately that is easier said than done. But, every religion has gone through tough times. I think that muslims should go out more and try to teach people about theire religion. I know they're already doing that now, but they need to push harder. Maybe getting popular news networks like Fox and CNN to help overshadow the extremists.
Old August 24, 2010, 07:00:33 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Unfortunately that is easier said than done. But, every religion has gone through tough times. I think that muslims should go out more and try to teach people about theire religion. I know they're already doing that now, but they need to push harder. Maybe getting popular news networks like Fox and CNN to help overshadow the extremists.
Again, that is a problem. These terrorists have made some kind of hatred between the sects of Islam, mainly Shiite and Sunni. Although the basics are the same, but the hatred between the two sects will have some kind of influence. Also, judging from the politics in these days, it is really hard to allow Islam to be published. Come to think of it, we people are nothing but toys in the hands of the big countries. The best way for these big presidents and government to keep control is to keep those citizens fighting with each other, and religions is a very sensitive topic. I have experienced this in my country itself; the politicians keep the people fighting with each other for any reason, and they steal money and control the country at the cost of all the people, and this is what is happening world wide. The only way for people to wake up, and for them to realize that all people are the same, even with differnt religions, is by listening, debating and communicationg, not flaming. A good example is now between me and you through the net. We have came to a conclusion that religions play nothing in what is happening in the world, but more than that, we crossed the hatred that is supposed to be surfing through us and became friends, and other members; Alkazamaster, etc. are the same.
Old August 24, 2010, 07:27:16 AM
Giratina

Quote:
But isn't this unfair towards the majority of the Muslims who do not have any hand in what's happening?

Quote:
I think that muslims should go out more and try to teach people about theire religion. I know they're already doing that now, but they need to push harder. Maybe getting popular news networks like Fox and CNN to help overshadow the extremists.
Are those networks willing to welcome Muslims though? And if they are, who will righteously speak on behalf of the Muslims in order to clear away the misunderstandings?
Also, the way the media depicts Muslims to the Western world and vice versa doesn't really help. In fact, this is one of the reasons why the tension between the two groups is still there.

Quote:
The only way for people to wake up, and for them to realize that all people are the same, even with differnt religions, is by listening, debating and communicationg, not flaming. A good example is now between me and you through the net. We have came to a conclusion that religions play nothing in what is happening in the world, but more than that, we crossed the hatred that is supposed to be surfing through us and became friends, and other members; Alkazamaster, etc. are the same.
Yes, I second this. Religion is supposed to be a thing for yourself, and no one should interfere in what you believe. Because of that, forums are great places for people with different backgrounds and religions to interact with each other. If everyone forgot about those differences and just lived amongst other people normally, there would be no problems in the world. Unfortunately, this is far from reality for the time being, but maybe things will change in the future.

Last edited by Shadow; August 24, 2010 at 08:37:03 AM.
Old August 25, 2010, 03:52:47 AM
Rayquaza

Since the owner of the thread requested me to stop this debate, as he knew he was wrong and also apologized, I will close this thread to stop any further discussion about it.

Last edited by Shadow; August 25, 2010 at 07:08:38 AM.