Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 7, 2012, 09:14:06 AM
Kyurem

Default Are you a total klutz with your smartphone?

I keep end up dropping my Nokia Lumia 900. It's a wonder it doesn't have a shattered screen.
Old November 7, 2012, 09:15:08 AM
Celebi

Everyone I know who has an iPhone, it has a cracked screen. And when I go out, it's not exactly rare out there either.
Old November 7, 2012, 09:25:55 AM
Shaymin

I drop mine here and there. Yet it's still in a good condition.
Old November 7, 2012, 09:50:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
And when I go out, it's not exactly rare out there either.
This. At least half the smart phones I see have a cracked screen on it. My ~6 year old Nokia flip-phone has been dropped plenty of times and only has a few paint scratches.

Last edited by Yoshi648; November 7, 2012 at 10:01:42 AM.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:14:21 AM
Kyurem

Funny thing, I haven't seem a smartphone with a cracked screen around here yet. Do people take really good care of them here?
Old November 7, 2012, 10:25:51 AM
Kyurem

Not a smartphone (since I don't have one), but when it comes to my iPod Touch, I take rather obsessive care of mine. I've only ever dropped it from a decent height once. I've had it for about 1 and a half years, and it hasn't even got a scratch on the glass.

Last edited by NismoZ; November 7, 2012 at 10:26:34 AM.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:53:49 AM

I've had an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4 and I've been a total butterfingers with both of them. I never cracked the 3G's screen, however, it started to have issues with it wanting to system restore like 3 times a week. Then I got the 4. I just cracked the screen last Saturday after saying I've dropped it plenty of times without it breaking. One face down onto concrete drop later, I'm sitting with it bad. It's still responsive though, so it's just annoying to have the cosmetic damage. I can try to get a pic of it up.
Old November 7, 2012, 01:05:04 PM

I've been a klutz with my iphone since I drop it quite a bit. >_< I ended up putting a protective case on my phone since I was worried about eventually cracking the screen. My friend is worse than me though, a bookshelf fell on his phone and almost broke completely.

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 7, 2012 at 01:05:53 PM.
Old November 7, 2012, 02:16:32 PM
Giratina

I'm not that much of a klutz because I rarely drop it, and if I do it's on a carpeted floor. Well, my iPod Touch situation has been very good for a while. Until a few months ago when it fell 3 times in a row, cracking the glass a little. Still works exactly the same, just with groovy patterns that you can dig your fingers in to. My phone, however, is a fake Nokia. No matter how it falls, it'll have no visible signs of damage to the screen, but the back is ruined.
Old November 7, 2012, 05:00:51 PM
Giratina

I threw my Blackberry about 10 metres in the air and let it hit the floor to prove a point. The battery cover came off. That was it. Admittedly, it landed on a dirt/moss floor.

Seriously, Apple, what do you make your iPhone screens from? EVERY single one I've seen is cracked.
Old November 7, 2012, 07:29:42 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Seriously, Apple, what do you make your iPhone screens from? EVERY single one I've seen is cracked.
Some kind of Corning Gorilla Glass. Glass screens are scratch-resistant, but extremely susceptible to impact.

...Then again, I don't have heard of Nokias and Samsungs with such a screen getting cracked. Hmm...

Last edited by Twiggy; November 7, 2012 at 07:30:16 PM.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:45:34 PM

I could juggle 6 iPhones, blindfolded and with two hands tied behind my back and not drop any. Needless to say, mine hasn't taken any spills yet.
Old November 8, 2012, 09:29:36 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I could juggle 6 iPhones, blindfolded and with two hands tied behind my back and not drop any. Needless to say, mine hasn't taken any spills yet.
if I were doing that I'd end up smashing all of them face down. I'm so unbalanced, it's funny to see me walking.
Old November 9, 2012, 01:02:57 AM

I spoke too soon. I was running up some concrete stairs with the iPhone in my jacket pocket, but the movement from my pumping legs sent the phone flying out of my pocket and ricocheting into the concrete. It's alright though.
Old November 11, 2012, 09:38:05 AM
Servine

I'm actually not too klutzy when it comes to my phone. I'm a very light phone user, so it usually just sits on my desk or in my pocket. I don't really fidget with it much, so the chance for an accident is unlikely.

Just because I'm okay with my phone, doesn't mean I'm not a very klutzy person most of the time (and believe me, I am xD)!
Old November 11, 2012, 10:01:45 AM

I don't have a smartphone, but instead a motorola tracphone that I try to keep some minutes pre-paid onto it. I only use it to make calls when absolutely necessary. I'm fairly good at making sure it never gets dropped or anything...it helps that I rarely even have to use it, lol.
Old November 11, 2012, 12:19:14 PM
Volcarona

I don't have a smartphone either but I have a mobile phone. I dropped a couple of times and even by accident threw it to the ground. I had to put back the pieces a couple of times, but it stills work fine.