Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > VRIM and VRC

Notices

VRIM and VRC Victory Road Instant Messenger and Victory Road Chat

Search this Thread
Old June 20, 2011, 02:21:04 AM
Kyurem

Default Last Call for VRIM3 Suggestions

VRIM3 will be launched to private beta testers in about a week. At this point, most things are done, but I want to know what features people want that are not currently in VRIM2. The only features I'm aware of listed below; if it is not in VRIM2 and not in the list, please post. Additionally, any features removed from VRIM1 should also be posted if you want them back.

Current Suggestions
  • P2P File Transfer
  • Audio / Video Communication

Many Thanks
Old June 20, 2011, 05:49:00 AM
Kyurem

Could you possibly get the "Change Settings" window to remember your post formatting? It's annoying to have to redo my formatting just to change one setting.
Old June 20, 2011, 10:50:15 AM
Keldeo

Kick limits like up to an hour for Moderators.
up to indefinite for Admins.
Old June 20, 2011, 11:14:49 AM

• A ban panel like the one in the forums, where chat mods can see who's kicked, how long they're kicked, and why they're kicked.
  • A more minimal layout. Not as graphics-laden. A smaller font in general would really help. Cat made a complaint about that before. No more you-can-only-see-one-sidetab-at-a-time business. VRIM1's layout was much more practical since the smaller font didn't clog up the screen, and you could see the room list and the list of active members unconditionally while having the less often accessed features subtly tucked away in tabs at the top.
  • A lighter color scheme, with a light background as opposed to a dark one. This may sound kinda silly, but the dark-gray/black layout gives me a negative vibe, and I'm theorizing that it may affect users' behavior, much like how depression is more common in Seattle where it's constantly cloudy, rainy, and dark.
  • Why the heck is there that huge chunk of fonts that I can't use in the font list? I'm talking everything from Curlz MT to You're Gone, with a few exceptions being Bauhaus, Jokerman, and Papyrus. I'm guessing they're fonts people normally don't have. Even if I did, why on earth would I wanna use Glazkrak? Common fonts only, please... thanks .
Old June 20, 2011, 01:44:12 PM
Giratina

Have a maximum number of posts shown at a time. With VRC only 30 posts were shown at a time, any older ones disappeared, but with VRIM posts stay until the page is refreshed, so after a while on the chat it starts to slow my whole computer down. Also, could you add an option to let us chose the max number of posts shown?
Old June 20, 2011, 04:00:01 PM
Shaymin

inb4skinreintegration
Old June 20, 2011, 04:10:12 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
  • A ban panel like the one in the forums, where chat mods can see who's kicked, how long they're kicked, and why they're kicked.
  • A more minimal layout. Not as graphics-laden. A smaller font in general would really help. Cat made a complaint about that before. No more you-can-only-see-one-sidetab-at-a-time business. VRIM1's layout was much more practical since the smaller font didn't clog up the screen, and you could see the room list and the list of active members unconditionally while having the less often accessed features subtly tucked away in tabs at the top.
  • A lighter color scheme, with a light background as opposed to a dark one. This may sound kinda silly, but the dark-gray/black layout gives me a negative vibe, and I'm theorizing that it may affect users' behavior, much like how depression is more common in Seattle where it's constantly cloudy, rainy, and dark.
  • Why the heck is there that huge chunk of fonts that I can't use in the font list? I'm talking everything from Curlz MT to You're Gone, with a few exceptions being Bauhaus, Jokerman, and Papyrus. I'm guessing they're fonts people normally don't have. Even if I did, why on earth would I wanna use Glazkrak? Common fonts only, please... thanks .
Hey, thanks for explaining JC's complaint. He was being all cryptic with me.
Old June 20, 2011, 04:15:07 PM
Kyurem

As to reply to those that should be added:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Could you possibly get the "Change Settings" window to remember your post formatting? It's annoying to have to redo my formatting just to change one setting.
Will do.

Quote:
1) Er... That's already in there; I take it its broken in VRIM2?
2) I have other plans for that, though they aren't quite relevant yet. Thanks all the same; wanna provide feedback for the more minimal layout when its done(ish)?
3) Haha, way ahead of you on that one. You'll like the choices.
4) And good point - I think I was goofing around. Changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Have a maximum number of posts shown at a time. With VRC only 30 posts were shown at a time, any older ones disappeared, but with VRIM posts stay until the page is refreshed, so after a while on the chat it starts to slow my whole computer down. Also, could you add an option to let us chose the max number of posts shown?
Also taken care of.

Many thanks, and keep posting if you have any more that wouldn't be major changes.
Old June 20, 2011, 05:13:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
1) Er... That's already in there; I take it its broken in VRIM2?
2) I have other plans for that, though they aren't quite relevant yet. Thanks all the same; wanna provide feedback for the more minimal layout when its done(ish)?
3) Haha, way ahead of you on that one. You'll like the choices.
4) And good point - I think I was goofing around. Changed.
1. Neither Cat nor I could find it, so I was assuming there wasn't one at all.
2. Yeah, totally :]
3. Ah, okay. People will be using font colors that are readable on a dark background but not a light one, and vice versa. I hope you got that covered
Old June 20, 2011, 05:53:31 PM
Kyurem

What about something when you have a hour of not posting in the IM your name get remove from the list of people online. Because I see a ton of users who come on and stay for a while without posting or anything or they are just on the Online List.
Old June 20, 2011, 07:22:45 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
What about something when you have a hour of not posting in the IM your name get remove from the list of people online. Because I see a ton of users who come on and stay for a while without posting or anything or they are just on the Online List.
more code = lag
Old June 20, 2011, 08:09:10 PM
Administrator

How about fixing the Private IM box on the left side? If you type a name in and try to open an IM with someone, it won't work.

Also, to use the private IM option on right click, you have to disable your pop-up blocker. Most folks don't know this, and folks in Chrome don't even get a warning that a pop-up was blocked, so I have to keep explaining this one to folks.
Old June 21, 2011, 07:11:16 AM
Kyurem

What about a tracker to see which room somebody in?

Example: A is in Victory Battle.
Old June 21, 2011, 10:27:04 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
What about a tracker to see which room somebody in?

Example: A is in Victory Battle.
Click on "who's online"
see names, see what room they are in. if it doesn't show you don't have access to the room.
Old June 21, 2011, 11:26:42 AM
Regigigas

Would it be possible to make it easier to navigate through the archives? Right now there's no way to navigate to a specific section of them without having to go through the rest of the archives first. Also, would it be possible to allow mods and admins to save archives as a txt file for official rooms for backup purposes? Maybe let them choose the date range of what they want to back up?

Last edited by Shade; June 21, 2011 at 11:28:26 AM.
Old June 23, 2011, 05:09:21 AM
Zoroark

Text-to-speech=win
How about that?

Last edited by TheTreecko; June 23, 2011 at 05:09:37 AM.
Old June 24, 2011, 12:25:51 AM
Volcarona

THats easyer than you think still a bad idea (mostly because it would be abused on april 1st)

check man page for function bindings http://espeak.sourceforge.net

Examle MP3
http://www.box.net/shared/nd11jd5k1dqzkfprnyax

OK how long has attachments been broken thanks for letting me know...

Last edited by KingOfKYA; June 24, 2011 at 12:54:16 AM.
Old June 24, 2011, 11:27:51 AM
Giratina

I'd really like it if VRIM3 didn't completely override our right-clicking. Or at least add regular options to it like copying
Old June 24, 2011, 12:32:28 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
How about fixing the Private IM box on the left side? If you type a name in and try to open an IM with someone, it won't work.

Also, to use the private IM option on right click, you have to disable your pop-up blocker. Most folks don't know this, and folks in Chrome don't even get a warning that a pop-up was blocked, so I have to keep explaining this one to folks.
Yup, been fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Would it be possible to make it easier to navigate through the archives? Right now there's no way to navigate to a specific section of them without having to go through the rest of the archives first. Also, would it be possible to allow mods and admins to save archives as a txt file for official rooms for backup purposes? Maybe let them choose the date range of what they want to back up?
Possible, but sorta hard xD. Working on it slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furryvcxz View Post
I'd really like it if VRIM3 didn't completely override our right-clicking. Or at least add regular options to it like copying
Hm... That could be added, though I'd need to try to work through the specifics. I could just provide a disable setting... *does that*
Old June 24, 2011, 12:36:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTreecko View Post
Text-to-speech=win
How about that?
I had tried that early on with the very first version, though there were too many issues to make it a reality. Hopefully in the future it might be possible, though; it won't be for at least a little while, however.

For those interested: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/...tts-draft.html
Old June 25, 2011, 04:59:30 AM
Haxorus

I don't know if this is still in VRIM, or if it's been suggested already, but i couldn't find it, i think the mobile version that VRIM I had was neat, it was useful for when i was on my ipod touch.
Old June 25, 2011, 05:57:13 PM
Floatzel

How about you can choose your background and stuff? Like go into options and put a direct link to an image (like a TinyPic or whatever) and it shows as your background in VRIM?
Old June 25, 2011, 10:14:31 PM
Zoroark

I've mentioned it to you before, but I still would like a feature for ignoring/blocking users (that can't be applied to mods/admins, of course) so you don't have to see someone talking if you don't want to.
Old June 25, 2011, 10:37:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
I've mentioned it to you before, but I still would like a feature for ignoring/blocking users (that can't be applied to mods/admins, of course) so you don't have to see someone talking if you don't want to.
The problem with that is that by blocking certain members, you turn conversations involving said members into a confusing non sequitur mess.
Old June 25, 2011, 10:39:29 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
The problem with that is that by blocking certain members, you turn conversations involving said members into a confusing non sequitur mess.
Which I'm definitely not against. I guess the way I feel about VRIM is that it's already so much like IRC...why not just go further and incorporate more of the features. Plus, there's several people I'd REALLY like to ignore. >.>
Old June 26, 2011, 05:26:17 AM
Haxorus

I agree with chibi, it'd be nice, and if you felt out of the loop you can always ask someone what said blocked person is saying, or just unblock them momentarily, or something. The pros are a lot bigger than the cons XD

Last edited by umbreon7; June 26, 2011 at 05:26:37 AM.
Old June 26, 2011, 10:43:48 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreon7 View Post
I don't know if this is still in VRIM, or if it's been suggested already, but i couldn't find it, i think the mobile version that VRIM I had was neat, it was useful for when i was on my ipod touch.
A stand-in version is being worked on by myself for v3, but its not quite proper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
Actually, for whatever reason I've never thought of this. I'll see if it can be done.
Old June 28, 2011, 11:16:08 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
How about you can choose your background and stuff? Like go into options and put a direct link to an image (like a TinyPic or whatever) and it shows as your background in VRIM?
I'd second this. Other then that, just so as long as it's stable and works.
Old June 28, 2011, 05:25:04 PM
Landorus

If it's not too late to ask, would it be possible to choose different notification noises for different rooms? It gets a little confusing when you hear the "drip", and you have to look at two or three different rooms to find whichever one has the new post.
Old June 28, 2011, 05:26:51 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikyEaredPichu96 View Post
If it's not too late to ask, would it be possible to choose different notification noises for different rooms? It gets a little confusing when you hear the "drip", and you have to look at two or three different rooms to find whichever one has the new post.
Hah...I was just coming to suggest that one.

At the least, maybe one for actual rooms and a different one for PM rooms.
Old June 28, 2011, 05:33:53 PM
Landorus

perhaps a ding for when a message pops up?
Old June 28, 2011, 10:06:29 PM
Charizard

... They kinda already have that...
Old June 30, 2011, 08:40:18 AM
Regigigas

How about making it so we can post "MSN" or "*****" without that message popping up and the possibility of being kicked?
Old June 30, 2011, 08:41:52 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaftail View Post
How about making it so we can post "MSN" or "*****" without that message popping up and the possibility of being kicked?
No. Cat added that in for a reason. It's staying.
Old June 30, 2011, 11:55:32 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaftail View Post
How about making it so we can post "MSN" or "*****" without that message popping up
I'm going to second this, 'cus its really kinda annoying...

[not something I can handle, though ]

Last edited by FreezeWarp; June 30, 2011 at 11:56:03 AM.
Old July 3, 2011, 02:46:23 PM
Volcarona

Geeze freeze haven't i told you about acedenly making a "unfix able" bug.