Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 29, 2011, 12:46:35 PM
Administrator

Default Server Rules and Guidelines Discussion

*placeholder post for actual rules*
Old September 29, 2011, 01:17:33 PM
Administrator

Alright, now that we're starting to get organized, I figure it's best we start outlining some rules so we can all have a fun and enjoyable experience on the server.

Server settings

Play mode: Survival
Difficulty: Easy
Player versus player: Off
Item retention upon death: On for all items and all death types

Community facilities
  • Please do not destroy any building within the town square, which is the area with a large wall around it. Please also do not raid or damage homes.
  • There exists a building for community chests. Please do not hoard items from these chests. Instead, if you need something to use, feel free to take it. Please also contribute to these chests if you have excessive items. If you use any mods installed locally to locate ores, dungeons, or other goods, please be courteous and place half of what you collect into the community chests.
  • If you decide to move, and your house has minecart tracks leading to it, please take the courtesy to either re-route the tracks or collect them and deliver them to the depot.

Moderation and reporting
  • For purposes of this server, griefing constitutes any form of property destruction, item theft, or murder of other players. Destruction (regardless of reconstruction) of property to bypass locks, traps, and other walls is considered griefing. [What else could be griefing?]
  • If you see any players "griefing" (damaging another's property without consent), please take actions to ensure that a moderator is informed about this activity. Screenshots (F2) are a highly effective means of capturing griefing.
  • Any griefing beyond [insert some kind of zone here, which is also where nobody should build their house] is allowed.
  • Some things are not griefing: [list of things that aren't griefing, like using lava in creative ways].
  • Usage of any modifications or texture packs to locate ores or other goods constitutes cheating. You are not allowed to use these for personal gain.

Definitely feel free to expand on anything and make suggestions. Also list any actions you feel new players should know. Some folks here are new to Minecraft, and/or this is their first multiplayer experience.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 12, 2012 at 11:08:04 AM.
Old September 29, 2011, 02:16:45 PM
Giratina

"If you use any mods installed locally to locate ores, dungeons, or other goods, please be courteous and place half of what you collect into the community chests."

I don't really think we should have any of those mods at all.
Old September 29, 2011, 02:22:41 PM
Keldeo

anti-griefing measures coming through, if PvP is turned on, a mutual consent of players to want to kill each other. (sounds funny)

Screenshot the text before you start attacking each other.
Old September 29, 2011, 04:55:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
"If you use any mods installed locally to locate ores, dungeons, or other goods, please be courteous and place half of what you collect into the community chests."

I don't really think we should have any of those mods at all.
While I do agree with you, quite a few people do have them installed on their local copies of Minecraft, which do work on loaded chunks from the server. It'd be better to ask them to share their goods than to ask them to disable the mods, in my opinion. What do you guys think?
Old September 29, 2011, 05:06:14 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
While I do agree with you, quite a few people do have them installed on their local copies of Minecraft, which do work on loaded chunks from the server. It'd be better to ask them to share their goods than to ask them to disable the mods, in my opinion. What do you guys think?
I disabled one of the functions of a minimap I have by making it search for sponges (as it would show nothing) and recolor the iron, coal, Ores in General the same color as smooth stone, I'd rather keep it as a guide to help me guide my way through caves... I tend to get lost a lot.
Old September 29, 2011, 07:36:04 PM
Haxorus

i say no water in the nether, it p*sses me off on my server when all i see is big circles of obsidian in the nether
----
also i know this is a rules thread but i suggest elemental creepers plugin if you have the time, can figure it out, and if it is compatible.
Old September 29, 2011, 10:49:20 PM
Administrator

The Nether doesn't allow bringing water, anyway. If anyone manages to bring it in, I will be asking.

For now, we don't plan to add any mods that require all connected users to also have the same mods installed. It makes for less headaches and easier updates.
Old September 30, 2011, 08:19:54 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Theoretically this would be a good idea, but having it actually work out would be pretty difficult, since there would be no way of knowing how many minerals someone were to actually get. Enforcing it would be far too difficult and trust-reliant.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 30, 2011 at 08:20:16 AM.
Old September 30, 2011, 12:07:35 PM
Administrator

Well, that's what it would be, trust. They're not required to put the minerals in the chest, but do think about it this way: what if they take all the diamonds and gold around the city using it? Gold is quite useful for the railway, so if nobody can find gold, then we cannot have a railroad system. And we all know how useful diamond tools are, and their use for obtaining obsidian and building a portal system.
Old October 9, 2011, 01:48:03 PM
Administrator

*bump*
Old December 29, 2011, 03:42:25 PM
Administrator

*another bump* C'mon, guys, I can't add more people until these are up.
Old December 30, 2011, 04:39:51 AM
Regigigas

The fact that noone is adding comments most likely means the rules are good as they are.
Old December 30, 2011, 05:17:38 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
The Nether doesn't allow bringing water, anyway. If anyone manages to bring it in, I will be asking.

For now, we don't plan to add any mods that require all connected users to also have the same mods installed. It makes for less headaches and easier updates.
The only legit way would be inside a cauldron.

Also the rules seem fine as is.

Last edited by zsaberslash; December 30, 2011 at 05:19:51 AM. Reason: Should have pointed out about the rules.
Old December 30, 2011, 10:42:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsaberslash View Post
The only legit way would be inside a cauldron.
Oh, guess that's changed.

And alright. The rules still seem a little vague in some areas, but oh well.