Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 19, 2012, 10:33:01 AM
Zoroark

Default YouTube Music

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/help-us

YouTube-mp3.org's conversion feature is being cut off because YouTube sent a cease-and-desist letter to YouTube-mp3.org. The reason YouTube took action recently seems to be the fact that YouTube was sponsoring record labels.

So what do you think about this problem? Can YouTube lawyers really exterminate music ripping with offline converters and even analog recording methods that were used to bypass DRM?

And more importantly, do you use YouTube mainly for music? Most of my YouTube favorites are Japanese songs. It seems I am being watched: when I favorite a video, that video got taken down down after a few days. It seems I need to hire someone to search-and-replace my favorite videos that are taken down.
Old June 19, 2012, 11:37:55 PM
Giratina

Aaah, similar problem I had once. There was a guy who uploaded all the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood openings and endings in high quality and without credits. They looked flawless, but had about 12 views each and no comments or favorites. So I can't help but comment on the one video that had my favorite song, and the whole channel was taken down. It was saddening...
It's strange how they're just now taking action, but considering there's copyrighted content on YouTube which helps to make it free, I think they can do that, as much as no one wants it to happen. D: