Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 27, 2010, 06:38:54 PM
Zoroark

Default My outlook for the future of Pokemon.

This one of my blogs from the other Pokemon forum that I frequent. It was posted today (03/37/2010). It includes a review for the movie that I went to see. (its short). I want to keep this blog intact.

--------

Today out of boredom, I went to the movies and saw "How to Train your Dragon."

Before I get to my "review" of the movie; I barley made it in time. I bought my ticket at 10:10 which is the time the movie was supposed to start. I walked into the movie theater just as a new advertisement starting rolling. There in the movie theater, was an advertisement for Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I though it was really neat to see that they are still at least willing to spend money on advertising it. (More about Pokemon at the end of this blog)

(Review)
While it is definitely a kids movie, it also has some jokes that are geared towards those who are at least in the double digits when it comes to years old. Though they are not dark enough to make you cringe that a child heard them.

You can see the ending coming a mile off. But it does have a twist that you won't see coming, which makes it less of a cliche.

Over all I give it an A-, There was just so much they could have done with the movie. That, however, does not mean that the movie does not have a lot of good scenes or eye candy. This movie has all of those. Its still a heart warming movie at the end that makes you happy.

I do intend to go see it again.

(Now on to Pokemon)

3D technology has come a long way from back in the day when you wore red and blue glasses. I mean, now it is the standard when it comes to movie making.

As you all know Ruler of Illusions is going to be coming out soon. (A+ to those who see where I'm going with this) And well I know that nothing has been mentioned about it, but I can't help but wonder if it is going to be in 3D. Usually movies advertise whether they are going to be in 3D, but maybe its one of those things they will tell you as it gets closer.

If not the 13th, the 14th? I know Pokemon is enough to make me want to go to the show, but what if they had it in 3D? I wonder how many people would go just to see that old show that they use to like in 3D.

The 5th generation is supposed to be a "rebirth" of sorts of Pokemon, and that sounds good. But I can't help but wonder witch direction they are going to go? (3D?)

Continue to attract kids and lose fans as they get older? Or are they going to realize that there are a lot of fans who are older than would love to see something that is targeted at us. I know they can't get too mature for LOTS of reasons, and I don't want them too, but I would like to see something out in the US that address older Pokefans.