Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 20, 2010, 06:20:25 PM
Mudkip

Lightbulb "Pokemon World!" in fifth gen!

First, to make sure things are clear, this is not a rumor that I am trying to start, simply an idea that me and some friends had.

Nevertheless, I just thought like seeing what other people thought of the idea. Maybe even expand on it a little.

So, sorta like the G/S or R/B/G remakes for the previous two generations, make a Pokemon world. In it, the trainer would be able to revisit all of the regions, beginning with a choice between two, depending on the version they get and moving through to the others.

For example, one version you could start in Kanto or Johto; in the other, Hoenn or Sinnoh. After doing whatever is decided that they need to do in the first region, they move on to the next, possibly even 'accidently' losing their party Pokemon, Hm's and Tm's, most other key items, etc. in the sea; or to a team (pick your own team name and place it here) member. Naturally, you can get them back later, if you so choose.

So, in this new region, due to the fact that team (whatever) has cut off ties with other regions, withdrawal from PC's in the previous region is forbidden. It is also forbidden to travel back and forth between regions due to either team (whatever) or even police restrictions preventing that after some kind of incident that happened while you were traveling to the next region.

In region two, you get to start fresh with some new starter, or just six Pokeballs to your disposal (temporary safari zone type idea).

It would be nice if the legendaries were your enemies due to team (something)'s plans (kinda like R/S just a much bigger scale).

The third region to be visited would be Isshu. Where the final tie up of Team (what's it's face) happens.

Finally, there would be a final, but small continent afterwards where The Champion of Champions resides along with a greatly expanded Battle Frontier (something more like Emerald). To fight the Champion of Champions, one would need to get one silver medal from each frontier brain (however many there are) and participate on a weekly tournament and win.

Well, what does everyone think?

-Pichu
Old May 20, 2010, 06:43:24 PM
Shaymin

Sounds pretty good to me. This sort of thing is why an MMO needs to be made. So much room & Pokemon it'd be easy to make a plot and such.

-JAD

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; May 20, 2010 at 06:44:02 PM.
Old May 21, 2010, 03:28:17 AM
Regigigas

Sounds good like what JAD said but wouldn't it be good idea to start in Isshu?
Old May 21, 2010, 07:35:40 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingTyranitar View Post
Wouldn't it be good idea to start in Isshu?
This isn't going to be Black/White. Thsi would be a whole different game. I also agree with JAD, something on a scale this big would be perfect for an MMOG. I like the sound of the bigger Battle Frontier, possibly combining everything from Emerald and Gen IV's Battle Frontiers (I wanna see the Pyramid make a return!) and some more!
Old May 21, 2010, 09:31:15 AM
Regigigas

^Oh but starting again in Kanto will be really a bad idea.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:34:16 AM
Giratina

I agree, I've played through Kanto so many times now that it's boring.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:36:05 AM
Regigigas

Same for Johto.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:56:46 AM
Mudkip

So, maybe begin in Hoenn or Sinnoh, depending on the version bought. Then move on to the other region afterwards. Kanto and johto would be there so that people can just go there sometime after the game is beaten. Not necessary at all.

-Pichu
Old May 21, 2010, 12:31:15 PM
Regigigas

How about-the game starts in Hoenn and after you beat the game you can go to Sinnoh then Kanto,Johto then at the last Isshu.