Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 1, 2010, 04:42:12 PM
Rayquaza

Default Info on Event Exclusives

POSSIBLE PLOT SPOILERS    
Quote:
I have access to the text dump which allows me to look for any bits of dialogue. It shouldn't be too surprising that Kerudio and Genosect have in-game events; Kerudio's is definitely unlocked by the Pokémon itself (almost certainly to be given out in a movie promotion), and the same probably goes for Genosect (although it might be a Wi-Fi event). The weird part is that Meloia's name is nowhere in the text dump, so unless it has an event where it is indirectly referenced, its distribution won't be followed by an event in these games and its Forme will only be unlocked in the third version.

I've asked Coronis to translate the text, but that could take a while and some people here may wish to offer their own translation. The Japanese text is in the spoiler tags below; I'll list the points that I understand first, but you should take my translation with a grain of salt.

Kerudio

In a nutshell, Kerudio comes out from its Poké Ball when taken to a certain forest where Kobaruron, Terakion, Birijion are waiting. Someone tells the story of the four warriors and the forest: Many years ago, a war took place between men, and the forest was burned down. This rendered Kerudio an orphan, and so the warrior trio took pity on it and became its foster parents. Apparently, Kerudio has been on its own for some time, and now that it meets its "parents" again, they wish to teach it new moves (it may just be one move, but I'm guessing that those moves are Metal Burst, Stone Edge and Leaf Blade). After that, Kerudio goes back to its Poké Ball and the warriors seem to depart.

Genosect

The player meets the scientist that created Genosect, and I'm pretty sure that Genosect is already in the player's possession. The scientist explains that Team Plasma, and specifically N, asked him to create the strongest Pokémon in existence. While the scientist was trying to alter an ancient Bug Pokémon, N decided to cancel the project (apparently because he set his eyes on Reshiram/Zekrom). This did not hinder the scientist from completing his grand design, and so Genosect came to be.

The scientist asks the player if he wants to battle him, so I'm unsure as to which one of them has Genosect. After that, the scientist only seems to hand out the four cassettes needed to change the type Genosect's signature move (a lesser version of Judgment whose type varies between Normal, Water, Electric, Fire and Ice), which is why I think the player had Genosect in the first place. The scientist regrets having forgotten about the importance of scientific discoveries, and no longer wants to use Genosect as a weapon tool. Finally, there is a diary which reiterates the scientist's words about his study being rejected, but the rest of the pages have been torn.

Again, I'm probably off on a few points and I didn't cover everything, so a professional translation would be appreciated. But for now it seems that both of these events are associated with movie promotions, and that Meloia's event will be exclusive to the third version. This implies that the third version will be released in 2012, which is when Meloia will most likely be distributed. Kerudio will most likely be the star of Movie 14 alongside Victini, while Genosect will be distributed in 2013, and by then the third version won't be promoted over Black and White.

Basicly this is info I got from a good source on a forum site.

Also, summed up Kerudio was adopted and raised by the legendary warriors and Genosect was created by plasma to make a strong pokemon.

Melonia doesn't have any events at all, this is most likely because they want her other forme to be tradable with the third game which will be out after she is revealed

Last edited by Alakazamaster; October 1, 2010 at 05:39:56 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler tabs for those who may see this by accident.
Old October 2, 2010, 03:51:26 AM
Giratina

Oh man. I hope Kerudio will be given to the American B/W via Wi-fi, not in a movie promotion. It's one of my favourite Pokémon in the 5th generation =/

Last edited by Shadow; October 2, 2010 at 03:53:10 AM.
Old October 2, 2010, 04:36:45 AM
Celebi

Have we even seen Meloia's second form yet?
Old October 2, 2010, 06:15:27 AM
Volcarona

Melonia's second form? What?

Anyhoo, I want these games EVEN MORE NOW. These event pokemon look super cool! Speaking of events, I can't wait 'till we get our shiny Entei, Suicune, ad Riakou!(You know, they already have publicity.)
Old October 2, 2010, 06:19:24 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
Have we even seen Meloia's second form yet?
Old October 2, 2010, 06:21:46 AM
Celebi

If that's Meloia step form, it better have a good moveset.