Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 6, 2011, 04:53:09 PM
Kyurem

Default Question about hacked event items

I read on smogon ( I cant find the link to the thread where it was from, but its there somewhere) that if you use a device to get a pokemon event item like the Oak's letter or the Members card or The item to get the soul dew for latias/latios. They say its legit as long as you just get the item and catch the event pokemon without modifying the pokemon in anyway or form and has the basic ivs when you catch it.
So would this true or not? other sites say otherwise but im confused cause i might do this in the future after pokemon black and white come out in english to re-catch and soft-rest for darkai, shaymin and latias/latios for better IVS.
Old February 5, 2011, 10:33:02 AM
Haxorus

I don't think it is. The event has to be legitimately released by Nintendo. If you used a cheat to get the event Pokémon too early, I'd say it's a little biased.
Old February 5, 2011, 05:11:38 PM
Celebi

Yes, its called a Action Replay but only cheaters use them.
Old February 5, 2011, 05:15:21 PM
Giratina

Since there's no way of telling whether the Pokémon is caught illegitimately (With the exception of Arceus, since the Azure Flute is unavailable at the moment), and with the fact that no stats are being changed illegitimately, I'd say it's fine. Of course, if you used it to get an event Pokémon that's not available yet (i.e. You used a hacked item to get a Black/White Legendary that's currently inaccessible), then it would be banned.
Old February 7, 2011, 09:33:07 PM
Kyurem

I could still use the cheat do get the legendarys that i cant get anymore like darkari and shaymin (not arceus) cause i got some these and there stats suck, and i wanted to use said cheat so i can soft-reset for these two again.
Old February 8, 2011, 12:36:52 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
I could still use the cheat do get the legendarys that i cant get anymore like darkari and shaymin (not arceus) cause i got some these and there stats suck, and i wanted to use said cheat so i can soft-reset for these two again.
I will never understand you tourneytards for as long as I live
Old February 8, 2011, 09:22:58 PM
Kyurem

i was talking about getting the event items for darkari and shaymin and the secert key, cause i started a new game on my platinum and i wanted to soft reset for them again

Last edited by kakashidragon; February 8, 2011 at 09:23:31 PM.
Old February 9, 2011, 12:12:15 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
and i wanted to soft reset for them again
that's the part I don't get
Old February 10, 2011, 02:09:59 PM
Kyurem

i meant that after i use the code to get the event items again, i was going to save in front of darkrai and shaymin and soft re-set for ivs, im not going to use a all IV 31 code or anything to get a perfect pokemon, plus using that kind of code pretty much makes it useless to use over online cause i wouldnt be able to save my battle videos. so using the code for the event items makes them legit in a way were i can use them legally as long i dont touch them with a code.
Old February 10, 2011, 02:26:26 PM
Volcarona

But why not just use whatever you get? I understand that in competetive battling, stats are important, but it seems kind of selfish to toss aside a Pokemon as "not perfect enough."

Last edited by randoguy101; February 10, 2011 at 02:26:43 PM. Reason: hurr durr I type good
Old February 11, 2011, 11:27:29 AM
Kyurem

well i caught these guys yesterday, and my darkari was neuteral nature with 30 ivs in sp.atk and speed so i wont use it online cause i wanted the same ivs for a timid nature so the other one i got has to do, but i did get a good shaymin with i think that has iv 31 in speed and 30 in sp.atk. (My other shaymin has very poor ivs, well the one that has sort of good and thats the movie one)
Old February 11, 2011, 11:43:21 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
But why not just use whatever you get? I understand that in competetive battling, stats are important, but it seems kind of selfish to toss aside a Pokemon as "not perfect enough."
Paul = the wisest Pokemon battler

But seriously. This is the games, not the anime. Stats make a difference, so Quad's actions are not unique.

And to answer your question kakashi, its fine to hack to get an item like Oak's Letter, but you couldn't cheat to give the Shaymin perfect IVs or certain moves.

This also applies when breeding, technically. One could hack to get Pokemon to breed, but as long as the resulting Pokemon is not directly messed with then its fine.
Old February 11, 2011, 10:40:03 PM
Kyurem

Great thats awsome, thats aload off.......Ive been trying to get this anwser for awhile so ya. So if I used a perfect ditto thats hacked and breed with it its ok or not? Thats another question i need anwsered.

Last edited by kakashidragon; February 11, 2011 at 10:41:45 PM.