Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 16, 2011, 08:06:48 PM
Volcarona

Default Pokemon Emerald team help

Wait didn't I already make this-*shot
Yea, I made this thread a long time ago, but I can't find it and didn't wanna bump. So, I just thought I'd make a new one.(But, if you want, you can just merge this with the old thread, wherever it may be) So yea, I'm having new troubles with my team. I'm at Falbour(4th Gym) and I have a new team, consisting of: Groyvle, Nuzleaf, Kirlia, Numel, and Wingull. But, I'm stuck between two pokemon: Voltorb and Spoink. I'm thinking Voltorb, but only 'cause of Juan and Wallace. And then there's Spoink, but I only want him because he looks cool and is underused. (I like underused Pokemon)
So, which shall I choose?
Old March 17, 2011, 01:53:50 PM

Well, you have two Grass types, so you could actually drop Nuzleaf or Grovyle so you could have both Voltorb and Spoink. Of course, this is totally up to you, but that's my recommendation..
Old March 17, 2011, 01:59:56 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
Well, you have two Grass types, so you could actually drop Nuzleaf or Grovyle so you could have both Voltorb and Spoink. Of course, this is totally up to you, but that's my recommendation..
I would this, but you see, I always keep my starter in runs, and also...

It took me 3 hours to find dat dere Nuzleaf. 3. Hours.
Old March 17, 2011, 03:21:14 PM

I also forgot that Seedot were rare in Emerald. You do have two grass types, so Juan and Wallace should be cakewalks. Spoink can learn Shock Wave, if you haven't already used that TM. Voltorb is much faster, but it's movepool is a lot less populated. You can have a lot more variety of moves invested into Grumpig. Electrode is wicked fast, but Grumpig does have more Special Attack, by a base of 10. So, after this analysis, my suggestion would be Grumpig, between the two of them.
Old March 17, 2011, 03:45:56 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
I also forgot that Seedot were rare in Emerald. You do have two grass types, so Juan and Wallace should be cakewalks. Spoink can learn Shock Wave, if you haven't already used that TM. Voltorb is much faster, but it's movepool is a lot less populated. You can have a lot more variety of moves invested into Grumpig. Electrode is wicked fast, but Grumpig does have more Special Attack, by a base of 10. So, after this analysis, my suggestion would be Grumpig, between the two of them.
Hm... Allright, I'll choose Spoink. thanks for helping me!
yay more level grinding.

also lock please.