Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 29, 2012, 05:47:00 PM
Shaymin

Default PETA's view on Uga

Uga, a white English bulldog, is the University of Georgia's mascott. Despite the fact he is treated like royality at the games, PETA believes it is cruel to parade around a dog in a jersey and made a notion to have a mechanical bulldog. The notion failed, but PETA believes that a person will pass the notion and Uga will be mechanicalized.

As a sports fan and animal activist, I find Uga's duties interesting. An hour before the game, Uga arrives and has pictures taken with the studnts and fans. 45 minutes before the game, Uga is petted by every player and membr of the coaching staff for good luck. 30 minutes before the game, Uga goes through the student section. 10 before the game, Uga sits on the field. During the game, Uga sits in an air-conditioned dog house until halftime. During halftime, Uga walks the sidelines while the band is performing the goes back to the doghouse until the end of the game.

PETA believes this is exploiting an animal for personal gain. Exploitation of an animal for personal gain is considered animal abuse, however Uga is an extreme case of controversy becaus of the way he is treated. PETA also believes because of the the fact there have been 8 Uga's, death is a factor.

Do you believe this is animal abuse? Is PETA right? Why or why not?
Old January 29, 2012, 05:55:30 PM
Rayquaza

PETA is basically a large troll organization they will any means necessary for attention.

PETA is also a bunch hypocrites for saying it is unfair for a dog to be treated.

Just remember this is the same organization that criticized Mario's tanooki suite for no reason.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 29, 2012 at 05:59:04 PM.
Old January 29, 2012, 06:01:50 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
PETA is basically a large troll organization they will any means necessary for attention.
I do have to admit, PETA has a legitimate excuse. The fact in normal standards exploitation is considered abuse.
Old January 30, 2012, 02:21:48 AM
Landorus

I have lost all respect for PETA, since they exterminate more domestic animals than all of the abusive homes combined. I agree with Mag that this is just PETA hungry for attention again, as they have no excuse. Uga is just there for companionship of the team, as any dog would be for companionship of a person.
Old January 31, 2012, 10:51:21 AM
Zoroark

I'll just leave this here: http://www.gamesradar.com/peta-targe...-against-rats/

>Many humans die in Battlefield 3, a virtual game
>No one complains
>One rat gets killed ''sadistical'' in it
>PETA cares about it

PETA is trololol.

Last edited by TheTreecko; January 31, 2012 at 10:52:43 AM.
Old January 31, 2012, 12:53:38 PM
Giratina

The problem I find with PETA is they have no idea what they stand for. If they truly are the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals, they need to understand what Ethical means. According to PETA, having a house pet die of natural causes in a family that cares for the pet is more unethical than euthanizing the same pet at a much younger age.

PETA is just over-reacting from Uga because they want attention (like Mag said) and don't want to be known as one of the worst groups anyone has ever heard of, so they go after things that either have little importance to most people or have the potential to further the great achievements in medicine. Their plan is back-firing if you ask me.
Old January 31, 2012, 09:25:15 PM
Kyurem

it's not long before peta is forcing us to free our goldfish

mind you that this is the same "organization" that had to put down93% of their "rescued" animals as only 1% got adopted
this was in 2010 btw

Spoiler Alert:    

Last edited by Shiny; January 31, 2012 at 09:35:49 PM.
Old July 29, 2012, 08:06:59 AM
Mudkip

Virtual PETA is a *****ing ass like Treecko said .I wont be killing my pets in Sims from now on.