Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 3, 2012, 02:00:36 PM
Haxorus

Unhappy What Do You Hate About Pokemon?

I hate Black and White. I'm never gonna play it or any other game that is not a remix. True story, when Emerald came out I joked to my sister one day they'd run out of colors and make a Pokemon Platinum or something. You all know, my joke came true. They've run out of ideas. Throk, Sawk? The Hitmon group. Gothitelle and them? Jinx and Mr Mime ripoffs. Tepig? TEPIG? WHAT IS A TEPID PIG DOING IN POKEMON? Don't even get me started on Chimchar/All the new monkeys. And they make a sequel because they are too lazy to think up another terrible game.

All of it should have stopped at Sinnoh and HG/SS.

(P.S.: My favorite game is SS.)
Old March 3, 2012, 02:34:44 PM
Rayquaza

I don't understand, if you hate pokemon so much why did you join a site with so many fans who can only be expected to argue with you?

If there's one thing I don't like it's the fact they haven't made a dark type gym yet.

Last edited by Magmaster12; March 3, 2012 at 03:36:32 PM.
Old March 3, 2012, 02:40:11 PM
Giratina

You know what I hate about Pokémon?

It's created this group of people who rant about new games because they're not what they wanted.

Pokémon evolves. Deal with it.
Old March 3, 2012, 02:42:16 PM
Kyurem

They're far too repetitive. Nothing new really happens throughout the game, and they're all really the same.
Old March 3, 2012, 02:58:47 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
They're far too repetitive. Nothing new really happens throughout the game, and they're all really the same.
That too, yeah.
Old March 3, 2012, 04:53:38 PM
Mudkip

I guess the fact that half of them say their names, instead of a bark or growl. I don't know. I also agree to NismoZ
Old March 3, 2012, 07:22:18 PM
Regigigas

I was actually rather surprised to battle N instead of the conventional champion match, but since this is a thread about what we don't like about it, I can say that B/W and R/S/E lacked post game content.
Old March 4, 2012, 01:31:59 AM

Grinding in an RPG is always the low point of the game, so the thing I hate most about Pokemon is grinding for hours to prevent yourself from getting your ass kicked. Training a team, particularly for competitive online play, is just as enjoyable as doing my laundry 500 times, or trying to find iridium with a metal detector. **** grinding.

Now that's more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydemoose View Post
I guess the fact that half of them say their names, instead of a bark or growl.
Or in the case of the games, squeeblipblipblipbloooopwerpwerp.

Thread moved to Pokemon General since this could be about anything related to Pokemon.

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; March 4, 2012 at 01:43:42 AM.
Old March 4, 2012, 02:57:39 AM
Rayquaza

In terms of BW, I hated the lack of post-story. That ruined it.
Old March 4, 2012, 06:39:39 AM
Giratina

What do I hate about Pokemon?
I hate the fact that Pokemon started a group of people who dedicate their life to completely putting Pokemon fans down. We have our tastes in games, they have their tastes, why can't they respect that?

Other than that, what I didn't like might've been how BW was incredibly straight-forward. The things I loved about the first 4 gens is that you had to travel all around the region and even backtrack a little, but not enough backtracking to make you hate it (Paper Mario 2: Chapter 4, anyone?). Black and White required no backtracking and even the map said "straight-forward."

And finally, like PRS said, the grinding in BW was fairly bad - it was bad in every Pokemon game, but BW was awful. Seeing as Pokemon gave you less experience if you were a higher level than them, it made grinding that more tedious for the gym leaders who have Pokemon at least 5 levels higher than any Pokemon in the wild in the area around them. It's okay to put in a challenge, but this was just tedious work.
Old March 4, 2012, 11:27:34 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
And finally, like PRS said, the grinding in BW was fairly bad - it was bad in every Pokemon game, but BW was awful. Seeing as Pokemon gave you less experience if you were a higher level than them, it made grinding that more tedious for the gym leaders who have Pokemon at least 5 levels higher than any Pokemon in the wild in the area around them. It's okay to put in a challenge, but this was just tedious work.
Oh, I've been there. I think Audino has a personal vendetta against me now.'
Old March 4, 2012, 12:00:14 PM
Charizard

I hate that there aren't more Eevee evolutions! I mean come on, they added a Dark, Psychic, Grass, and Ice. Why not add the rest of the types?! It would be awesome!
Old March 4, 2012, 03:12:48 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol View Post
I hate Black and White. I'm never gonna play it or any other game that is not a remix. True story, when Emerald came out I joked to my sister one day they'd run out of colors and make a Pokemon Platinum or something. You all know, my joke came true. They've run out of ideas. Throk, Sawk? The Hitmon group. Gothitelle and them? Jinx and Mr Mime ripoffs. Tepig? TEPIG? WHAT IS A TEPID PIG DOING IN POKEMON? Don't even get me started on Chimchar/All the new monkeys. And they make a sequel because they are too lazy to think up another terrible game.

All of it should have stopped at Sinnoh and HG/SS.

(P.S.: My favorite game is SS.)
Haters gonna hate. ;D

Well, i hate sinnoh, johto and kanto, so that's what i hate from it.

Why do you people hate BW? I don't get it, what is it that has happened to this generation of people that makes them so picky?!

P.S.: BW rocks. XD

Last edited by ReshZek200; March 4, 2012 at 03:16:27 PM.