Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 10, 2010, 04:51:12 PM
Servine

Lightbulb 3 Good Ideas

1 idea is to be able to take a boat from hiun city to the different regions

Monday-Kanto
Tuesday-Johto
Wednesday-Hoenn
Thursday-Sinnoh

There can also be a GB player agian but it plays 8 bit music EVREYWHERE you go!!!

There should also have an A.K.A option on your trainer card. When you mix records you should get a message than says Add to your A.K.A list? and you choose yes or no.

post Questions and comments or PM me if your afraid people will think your post is stupid. I will post you Question or comment even if you pm me but I won't say who's Question or Comment it is.
Old July 10, 2010, 05:19:42 PM
Cyndaquil

Hmm, I see what you mean, but it might get confusing after awhile

But I like the idea
Old July 10, 2010, 06:47:42 PM
Cyndaquil

I would love to be able to go back to old regions in Black and White, but I just can't see that happening. Nintendo will always be able to make more money re-releasing several versions rather than releasing one all-encompassing game. I do still have some hope, though, even though my reasoning is not exactly logical... I do think that the Kanto region is special to the developers, being the region that started it all. We've been able to go to that region in every generation. Obviously, it was the only region when Red and Blue were released. In Gold and Silver, we were able to return to Kanto, albeit a watered-down version of it. In the third generation, we returned to Kanto with FireRed and LeafGreen. And currently we can return to Kanto with HeartGold and SoulSilver. So, I think it would be a bit of a bummer if we can't in the fifth generation. I kwant to ahead of myself, but it can't hurt to think optimistically.

I really like the idea of an unlockable 8-Bit Music player would be nice. The GB Sounds item was a nice little reward in HG/SS, and I'd like it to return in Black and White, though I don't think it would have the same effect due to the lack of nostalgia power.

The AKA idea would be great. They can't allow huge names in-game and battle for obvious reasons, but being able to have "AKA -username/nickname/etc.-" on your Trainer Card would be a great workaround.

tl;dr version- I like the first idea, but it's unlikely, the second and third ideas are great and could easily be programmed in.
Old July 10, 2010, 07:17:08 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobob View Post
1 idea is to be able to take a boat from hiun city to the different regions

Monday-Kanto
Tuesday-Johto
Wednesday-Hoenn
Thursday-Sinnoh

There can also be a GB player agian but it plays 8 bit music EVREYWHERE you go!!!

There should also have an A.K.A option on your trainer card. When you mix records you should get a message than says Add to your A.K.A list? and you choose yes or no.

post Questions and comments or PM me if your afraid people will think your post is stupid. I will post you Question or comment even if you pm me but I won't say who's Question or Comment it is.
Though the idea is nice, it would ruin many of the previous games in my opinion. Gamefreak (NOT Nintendo: Nintendo does NOT make the games) could add a few parts of each region; you may be able to to a small part of the Kanto region, for instance, but in the end is doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

In the end, if the want to add more than one region, they need to use creative, new events like GS/HGSS did, not the ones previously explored. They also need to be very careful not to go crazy: a common complain of HeartGold/SoulSilver.

All the same, the idea in and of itself is not so bad in an MMORPG, but Nintendo hasn't released one and I honestly don't want them to unless they do so on the DS/3DS/Wii/WiiNext with Wi-Fi (they ever release a game for Windows and I will never buy a game from Nintendo again - I will pirate each and every one, something I've only done once I've gotten a game or to see /if/ I want it).

So, I like it, but it would lose a lot. Gold/Silver did a great job, and the watered down Kanto made sure not to ruin anything. A watered down Sinnoh doesn't seem horrible in Black/White, but still.

Finally, I personally enjoy the idea of making more remakes: a Ruby/Sapphire remake, a second Red/Blue remake; I'll buy them and I'll have no complaints if they do the quality job they did with HeartGold/SoulSilver.

As for the 8-bit thing, it makes no sense for Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl who never were 8-bit. The only purpose of such a thing is Nostaliga - and I would love it in a remake of Red/Blue or a "GBA Player" for a Ruby/Sapphire remake.

Finally, do you mean the AKA should be if you have two games? The idea isn't bad, but I think it could have some problems. All the same, GameFreak could easily do it just find.
Old July 10, 2010, 09:39:56 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Though the idea is nice, it would ruin many of the previous games in my opinion. Gamefreak (NOT Nintendo: Nintendo does NOT make the games) could add a few parts of each region; you may be able to to a small part of the Kanto region, for instance, but in the end is doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
I totally agree. As few parts, I think they should add these places from each region:

Kanto: Vermillion City
Johto: Olivine City
Hoenn: Slateport City / Lilycove City
Sinnoh: Snowpoint City

You catch my drift?
Old July 11, 2010, 04:25:13 PM
Servine

Quote:
I totally agree. As few parts, I think they should add these places from each region:

Kanto: Vermillion City
Johto: Olivine City
Hoenn: Slateport City / Lilycove City
Sinnoh: Snowpoint City

You catch my drift?
Well not Snowpoint. Maybe Calivine

Quote:
Finally, do you mean the AKA should be if you have two games? The idea isn't bad, but I think it could have some problems.
No I mean when you mix records with your HG/SS/D/P/Pt you have the choice to add it to your A.K.A section of your trainer card,

I could go for some remixed versions of Sinnoh music because in D/P/Pt it wass bad!

Last edited by hobobob; July 11, 2010 at 04:29:00 PM.
Old July 12, 2010, 04:13:37 AM
Servine

Quote:
As for the 8-bit thing, it makes no sense for Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl who never were 8-bit. The only purpose of such a thing is Nostalgia - and I would love it in a remake of Red/Blue or a "GBA Player" for a Ruby/Sapphire remake.
The could make some.

Here is a fourth idea GB graphics. It is an item that makes everything have a Nostalgia feeling!
Old July 12, 2010, 04:16:13 AM
Rayquaza

Well your most likely going to travel by plain since there's an airport in the game and restricting you from going to other regions from day to day is stupid.

That and we actually do have a picture of the main character boarding a plain.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 12, 2010 at 04:16:22 AM.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:41:31 AM
Haxorus

I'm fairly certain we're going to be able to travel the entire Pokeworld as we know it. I'm hoping for an even bigger scene, though, in being able to head off to Orre and the like.

I adore, and literally dream, of the idea of taking just six Pokemon and demolishing PokeEarth. The Seven Witches of Ecruteak are unstoppable.

What I'm really hoping, is the implementation of the Resort Home from D/P, and the trainer's mom's house in G/S/C. I want to own a customizable home, like in the original G/S/C, with the huge custom options from S/R/E/D/P's Secret Bases.

What would complete my wildest dreams, would be the ability to purchase a home in any city in the game. I've already mentioned the city I would live in.

-

Speculation

-

There are two ways to ultimately deal with the traveling situation. GameFreak will either lean towards the MMO/MSP game aspect and allow the player to travel to any region, any city, right off the bat [As HMs will allow...]...

OR

The game [ >:3 ] will set barriers until x number of badges are earned, or the Isshu region Elite Four are slain. In which case, a massive storm [Pokemon-created] will cause all airports and seas to block access to other continents, and the Magnetic Rail will only have just been successfully installed running through Isshu.

Honestly, I'm hoping for, and leaning towards the former. I could see B/W requiring the player to apply for a passport, effectively keeping him/her in Isshu until the passport is delivered to him/her, or they're just set off into the big ol' world.

Although the younger players may not see it, but the game has become extremely dynamic over the past few years. The player characters look and seem much older than the insinuated and original Ten year old mark. I anticipate vehicle transportation as well.

Most of you may be unaware of this, but in a few of the original comics for Pokemon, Ash and Brock originally left Pewter City via busline. We see buses throughout the first season quite often, taking tourists through deserts, Gary's fanbase entourage wherever he went, and in other instances as well. I see roads open as well. Highways. Intercontinental bridges and the like.

I'm hoping for this greatly, as it may inspire the developers to shove motorbikes, cars, or scooters into the mix. Perhaps even a motor attachment for the Bicycle, a la moped! :3

There are so many options they can explore, and I hope they consider a lot of them. Pokemon is becoming gigantic. We've seen every new game bring a fresh game to the palm of our hands. I will not be disappointed with B/W at all.

I support this thread.

[Unnecessary Addendum]

It dawned on me moments ago that the SD card in my XL holds a good deal of my music externally. I typically plug her into my stereo when I'm driving to work or driving period... What would completely and TOTALLY ANNIHILATE is not just having the ability to play old-school and remixed music from an 8-bit player, but also for an MP3 player period. Any music file compatible with the DSi should be playable in game, ether as background to battles, walking around, ect. A lot of the game is walking. Mostly battling, but there's a lot of walking.

Why not add a music player? :3

Last edited by .name//Technomancer; July 17, 2010 at 06:47:06 PM.
Old July 12, 2010, 07:07:32 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Well not Snowpoint. Maybe Calivine
Canalave City? Yeah that makes sense; I forgot about it. I said Snowpoint because they have a ship too.
Old July 12, 2010, 07:32:41 AM
Haxorus

I've had another idea.

We need to be able to swap Pokeballs. >:l I like Ball Capsules, but I hate when my baby Pokemon are automatically slapped into Pokeballs, and not Luxury Balls, Friend Balls, or Heal Balls.

Some of us care about the aesthetics... ;.;

Last edited by .name//Technomancer; July 17, 2010 at 06:48:47 PM.
Old July 12, 2010, 08:07:08 AM
Haxorus

What does A.K.A stand for? I know it means "also known as", but it doesn't make sense when that's plugged in for "A.K.A. List".

Maybe instead of traveling to Kanto, we should be able to travel to Hoenn. We already have Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and (soon) Isshu on the DS. Hoenn is next!
Old July 12, 2010, 08:09:08 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariothecellist View Post
Maybe instead of traveling to Kanto, we should be able to travel to Hoenn. We already have Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and (soon) Isshu on the DS. Hoenn is next!
You've missed the point. We want to go everywhere in B/W, not just one location.
Old July 12, 2010, 09:11:17 AM
Kyurem

Let's go to Treasure Town in B/W! XD
Old July 12, 2010, 09:53:59 AM
Rayquaza

The only region we need to go back to is Hoenn. The others are useless right now.

About the other ideas, I don't have a comment about that.
Old July 12, 2010, 10:50:25 AM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Belmont View Post
It dawned on me moments ago that the SD card in my XL holds a good deal of my music externally. I typically plug her into my stereo when I'm driving to work or driving period... What would completely and TOTALLY ANNIHILATE is not just having the ability to play old-school and remixed music from an 8-bit player, but also for an MP3 player period. Any music file compatible with the DSi should be playable in game, ether as background to battles, walking around, ect. A lot of the game is walking. Mostly battling, but there's a lot of walking.

Why not add a music player? :3
The labels on the boxes suggest that the games WILL support some sort of DSi features, so this would be great.
Old July 12, 2010, 11:19:47 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Belmont View Post
You've missed the point. We want to go everywhere in B/W, not just one location.
I understand that. I'm saying that if we had to go back to only one, Hoenn should be it.
Old July 12, 2010, 12:36:27 PM
Servine

Quote:
What does A.K.A stand for? I know it means "also known as", but it doesn't make sense when that's plugged in for "A.K.A. List".
It does stand for also known as so how bout we call the feature A.K.A...
Old July 12, 2010, 02:08:41 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
It does stand for also known as so how bout we call the feature A.K.A...
The also known as list? That doesn't really make any sense.
Old July 12, 2010, 03:09:07 PM
Servine

I know I said we could call it A.K.A...
Old July 17, 2010, 03:27:31 AM
Joltik

I would like to see the it happen! But it's unlikely to EVER happen..
Old July 17, 2010, 05:44:43 AM
Servine

So True...
Old July 17, 2010, 07:08:56 AM
Giratina

The first idea is unnecessary and far from reality (at the moment) because we already visited Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh just recently. Hoenn remains the only region which hasn't been remade yet. Plus, by doing this, Gamefreak kills pretty much all the sales of previous Pokémon games, which they certainly don't want right now. Therefore, I'm 100% sure this idea is never going to take place, at least not until these regions get pretty old.

The second idea is also probably not going to happen because it would seem redundant to have the GB Player return again in the new games. Besides that, Pokémon Black and White are not remakes of older games, so having the GB Player is pretty much useless.

I didn't understand the last idea, so I'm not commenting on it.

Last edited by Shadow; July 17, 2010 at 07:09:48 AM.
Old July 19, 2010, 02:59:26 PM
Pikachu

I love that idea, but with all the work and data it would take it won't happen.
Old July 29, 2010, 03:41:13 AM
Charizard

I like your ideas
Old July 29, 2010, 04:46:48 AM
Shaymin

If that did happen, then so many good things would happen...
I don't think this will happen for quite some time though.