Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 20, 2014, 07:25:24 PM
Keldeo

Default Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Discussion Thread

In case nobody in particular feels like debating the worth of those games, we can have a nice interesting conversation about it here and not derail the Kalos thread!

Not sure if I'm qualified to make this thread since I've been in the middle of playing Ruby for quite a while now, tbh. I'll write an essay on it whenever I finally finish.
Old February 21, 2014, 09:03:07 PM
Haxorus

I love RSE. Definitely up there with my favorite generations. It introduced many of my favorite mechanics and Pokemon. And Sapphire was the Pokemon game that I had. Really takes me back... Anyway, I still haven't beaten any of the G3 games. I guess I just have a lack of drive since I know the beginning of the game so well, and am sick of playing through that portion. Everything else is super fun, though. I just started a new game on Sapphire the other day, so I'll see how that goes.
Old February 22, 2014, 10:51:47 AM
Kyurem

Does that Pokemon Storage thing on the gamecube for Ruby&Sapphire work for emerald to? Im planning to start a new game on my emerald but i need a safe place to my 3rd gen mons. If i had pokemon XD i would store them on that. (Collosium dosnt have enough space/mons to trade/store)
Old February 22, 2014, 12:30:19 PM
Administrator

Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire should work with all five Gen III games. I can test it out later today with my copy of the game. If you don't own a copy, good luck getting one; it's over $100 as in North America and Europe it's one of the rarest GameCube games, selling around 3,500 copies in each region. (Japan is another story because it actually made it into stores there.)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 22, 2014 at 12:30:43 PM.
Old February 22, 2014, 12:58:44 PM
Kyurem

Im better off trying to find Pokemon XD then. A Gamestop or A Play N Trade should have one somewhere.
Old February 24, 2014, 06:29:13 PM
Regigigas

I gotta say, RSE made me rethink Pokemon way back in the day. After just finishing Gold and Blue, seeing the new art design and fully colored environments, I was really impressed with what I saw (not to mention, PC movement was a ton easier!). Really gotta give GameFreak credit with 3rd Gen. Also, I loved pretty much all the pokemon from Hoenn. i think they're as nostalgic as 1st gen, tbh.
Old February 26, 2014, 07:30:13 PM
Kyurem

Man the only i hated back in 3rd gen, was the lack of finding any friends that actully had the games. (I had what 2 friends in my town that had them)
Old February 26, 2014, 08:35:35 PM
Regigigas

I'm basically a 2000s kid so I grew up with FR LG and RSE so I looooove generation 3 in fact I think it is my favorite generation to play other then playing heart gold or soul silver. I believe that they added a lot to the pokemon franchise and are definitely worth playing through multiple times.