Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 12, 2016, 04:14:23 PM
Administrator

Default Floatzel.Net is being rebuilt from the ground up

I have been working on a complete restructuring of Floatzel.Net, with its aging Pokémon Black and White theme and a lack of significant changes since late 2010.

Some code from cancelled projects, such as VGVids, will be reused on the new responsive layout, and I will also be using a more compact set of headings:

Image Galleries
This section will contain a set of galleries for my images from various video games. In the current layout, I only have one for each Super Smash Bros. Brawl and My Pokémon Ranch, but I have many more images that will be posted to the site. Examples include Animal Crossing: New Leaf, PokéPark Wii, Pokémon Rumble, RollerCoaster Tycoon, and Grand Theft Auto V.

Music
The music section will contain all of my remixes and original compositions in MP3, WAV, and raw MIDI. They will be organized more elegantly than they are now.

Articles
This will be all the articles I've written, plus some new ones I've never posted online.

Videos
I will be reposting a lot of my older YouTube content, all my Mario Paint Composer works, and some other stuff I haven't posted.

Fun & Games
This will be all the little browser games I've built, such as the Purity Test and an in-development Pokémon rating survey.

Downloads
This is for the stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else on the site.
Old September 12, 2016, 04:59:01 PM
Keldeo

This ought to be fun. I wasn't around during the site's heyday and it might be a bit of a long shot for it to return to that, but I look forward to seeing how it goes :3
Old September 21, 2016, 07:05:05 PM
Cyndaquil

U have lots of good music !
Old September 21, 2016, 08:12:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanroc View Post
U have lots of good music !
Thanks!
Old September 22, 2016, 05:30:37 PM
Zoroark

Return of Pokemon Of The Week confirmed?
Old September 23, 2016, 01:14:52 AM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
Return of Pokemon Of The Week confirmed?
Pokemon of the month?? http://floatzel.net/pokemon/potm.htm

I like the Pokemon of the week on www.serebii.net
Old September 23, 2016, 05:03:29 AM
Keldeo

One a week might be a bit much, especially if Cat has a bunch of other things he's doing (like he usually does). One a month would be cool, though :3
Old September 23, 2016, 02:03:20 PM
Administrator

If I had Pokémon of the Week, it'd be entirely generated by a seed, or I'd randomly sort the complete list of Pokémon and have it pick the next one in the list each Sunday. There wouldn't be any write-ups or strategies to go with them, but I could do stuff like Pokédex stats.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 23, 2016 at 02:03:33 PM.
Old October 10, 2016, 07:31:17 PM
Kyurem

We all can pitch in on POTW (Pokemon of the week) if u want to add pokemon competitive move sets.
Old December 21, 2016, 06:19:50 PM
Administrator

I decided to whip up a really quick script that generates a new one each day based on the hash. I added a little code to have it print out the last month's worth of them.

PHP Code:
<?php
// Pokémon of the Day

$pokemonlist = ["Bulbasaur""Ivysaur""Venusaur""Charmander""Charmeleon""Charizard""Squirtle""Wartortle""Blastoise""Caterpie""Metapod""Butterfree""Weedle""Kakuna""Beedrill""Pidgey""Pidgeotto""Pidgeot""Rattata""Raticate""Spearow""Fearow""Ekans""Arbok""Pikachu""Raichu""Sandshrew""Sandslash""Nidoran♀""Nidorina""Nidoqueen""Nidoran♂""Nidorino""Nidoking""Clefairy""Clefable""Vulpix""Ninetales""Jigglypuff""Wigglytuff""Zubat""Golbat""Oddish""Gloom""Vileplume""Paras""Parasect""Venonat""Venomoth""Diglett""Dugtrio""Meowth""Persian""Psyduck""Golduck""Mankey""Primeape""Growlithe""Arcanine""Poliwag""Poliwhirl""Poliwrath""Abra""Kadabra""Alakazam""Machop""Machoke""Machamp""Bellsprout""Weepinbell""Victreebel""Tentacool""Tentacruel""Geodude""Graveler""Golem""Ponyta""Rapidash""Slowpoke""Slowbro""Magnemite""Magneton""Farfetch'd""Doduo""Dodrio""Seel""Dewgong""Grimer""Muk""Shellder""Cloyster""Gastly""Haunter""Gengar""Onix""Drowzee""Hypno""Krabby""Kingler""Voltorb""Electrode""Exeggcute""Exeggutor""Cubone""Marowak""Hitmonlee""Hitmonchan""Lickitung""Koffing""Weezing""Rhyhorn""Rhydon""Chansey""Tangela""Kangaskhan""Horsea""Seadra""Goldeen""Seaking""Staryu""Starmie""Mr. Mime""Scyther""Jynx""Electabuzz""Magmar""Pinsir""Tauros""Magikarp""Gyarados""Lapras""Ditto""Eevee""Vaporeon""Jolteon""Flareon""Porygon""Omanyte""Omastar""Kabuto""Kabutops""Aerodactyl""Snorlax""Articuno""Zapdos""Moltres""Dratini""Dragonair""Dragonite""Mewtwo""Mew""Chikorita""Bayleef""Meganium""Cyndaquil""Quilava""Typhlosion""Totodile""Croconaw""Feraligatr""Sentret""Furret""Hoothoot""Noctowl""Ledyba""Ledian""Spinarak""Ariados""Crobat""Chinchou""Lanturn""Pichu""Cleffa""Igglybuff""Togepi""Togetic""Natu""Xatu""Mareep""Flaaffy""Ampharos""Bellossom""Marill""Azumarill""Sudowoodo""Politoed""Hoppip""Skiploom""Jumpluff""Aipom""Sunkern""Sunflora""Yanma""Wooper""Quagsire""Espeon""Umbreon""Murkrow""Slowking""Misdreavus""Unown""Wobbuffet""Girafarig""Pineco""Forretress""Dunsparce""Gligar""Steelix""Snubbull""Granbull""Qwilfish""Scizor""Shuckle""Heracross""Sneasel""Teddiursa""Ursaring""Slugma""Magcargo""Swinub""Piloswine""Corsola""Remoraid""Octillery""Delibird""Mantine""Skarmory""Houndour""Houndoom""Kingdra""Phanpy""Donphan""Porygon2""Stantler""Smeargle""Tyrogue""Hitmontop""Smoochum""Elekid""Magby""Miltank""Blissey""Raikou""Entei""Suicune""Larvitar""Pupitar""Tyranitar""Lugia""Ho-Oh""Celebi""Treecko""Grovyle""Sceptile""Torchic""Combusken""Blaziken""Mudkip""Marshtomp""Swampert""Poochyena""Mightyena""Zigzagoon""Linoone""Wurmple""Silcoon""Beautifly""Cascoon""Dustox""Lotad""Lombre""Ludicolo""Seedot""Nuzleaf""Shiftry""Taillow""Swellow""Wingull""Pelipper""Ralts""Kirlia""Gardevoir""Surskit""Masquerain""Shroomish""Breloom""Slakoth""Vigoroth""Slaking""Nincada""Ninjask""Shedinja""Whismur""Loudred""Exploud""Makuhita""Hariyama""Azurill""Nosepass""Skitty""Delcatty""Sableye""Mawile""Aron""Lairon""Aggron""Meditite""Medicham""Electrike""Manectric""Plusle""Minun""Volbeat""Illumise""Roselia""Gulpin""Swalot""Carvanha""Sharpedo""Wailmer""Wailord""Numel""Camerupt""Torkoal""Spoink""Grumpig""Spinda""Trapinch""Vibrava""Flygon""Cacnea""Cacturne""Swablu""Altaria""Zangoose""Seviper""Lunatone""Solrock""Barboach""Whiscash""Corphish""Crawdaunt""Baltoy""Claydol""Lileep""Cradily""Anorith""Armaldo""Feebas""Milotic""Castform""Kecleon""Shuppet""Banette""Duskull""Dusclops""Tropius""Chimecho""Absol""Wynaut""Snorunt""Glalie""Spheal""Sealeo""Walrein""Clamperl""Huntail""Gorebyss""Relicanth""Luvdisc""Bagon""Shelgon""Salamence""Beldum""Metang""Metagross""Regirock""Regice""Registeel""Latias""Latios""Kyogre""Groudon""Rayquaza""Jirachi""Deoxys""Turtwig""Grotle""Torterra""Chimchar""Monferno""Infernape""Piplup""Prinplup""Empoleon""Starly""Staravia""Staraptor""Bidoof""Bibarel""Kricketot""Kricketune""Shinx""Luxio""Luxray""Budew""Roserade""Cranidos""Rampardos""Shieldon""Bastiodon""Burmy""Wormadam""Mothim""Combee""Vespiquen""Pachirisu""Buizel""Floatzel""Cherubi""Cherrim""Shellos""Gastrodon""Ambipom""Drifloon""Drifblim""Buneary""Lopunny""Mismagius""Honchkrow""Glameow""Purugly""Chingling""Stunky""Skuntank""Bronzor""Bronzong""Bonsly""Mime Jr.""Happiny""Chatot""Spiritomb""Gible""Gabite""Garchomp""Munchlax""Riolu""Lucario""Hippopotas""Hippowdon""Skorupi""Drapion""Croagunk""Toxicroak""Carnivine""Finneon""Lumineon""Mantyke""Snover""Abomasnow""Weavile""Magnezone""Lickilicky""Rhyperior""Tangrowth""Electivire""Magmortar""Togekiss""Yanmega""Leafeon""Glaceon""Gliscor""Mamoswine""Porygon-Z""Gallade""Probopass""Dusknoir""Froslass""Rotom""Uxie""Mesprit""Azelf""Dialga""Palkia""Heatran""Regigigas""Giratina""Cresselia""Phione""Manaphy""Darkrai""Shaymin""Arceus""Victini""Snivy""Servine""Serperior""Tepig""Pignite""Emboar""Oshawott""Dewott""Samurott""Patrat""Watchog""Lillipup""Herdier""Stoutland""Purrloin""Liepard""Pansage""Simisage""Pansear""Simisear""Panpour""Simipour""Munna""Musharna""Pidove""Tranquill""Unfezant""Blitzle""Zebstrika""Roggenrola""Boldore""Gigalith""Woobat""Swoobat""Drilbur""Excadrill""Audino""Timburr""Gurdurr""Conkeldurr""Tympole""Palpitoad""Seismitoad""Throh""Sawk""Sewaddle""Swadloon""Leavanny""Venipede""Whirlipede""Scolipede""Cottonee""Whimsicott""Petilil""Lilligant""Basculin""Sandile""Krokorok""Krookodile""Darumaka""Darmanitan""Maractus""Dwebble""Crustle""Scraggy""Scrafty""Sigilyph""Yamask""Cofagrigus""Tirtouga""Carracosta""Archen""Archeops""Trubbish""Garbodor""Zorua""Zoroark""Minccino""Cinccino""Gothita""Gothorita""Gothitelle""Solosis""Duosion""Reuniclus""Ducklett""Swanna""Vanillite""Vanillish""Vanilluxe""Deerling""Sawsbuck""Emolga""Karrablast""Escavalier""Foongus""Amoonguss""Frillish""Jellicent""Alomomola""Joltik""Galvantula""Ferroseed""Ferrothorn""Klink""Klang""Klinklang""Tynamo""Eelektrik""Eelektross""Elgyem""Beheeyem""Litwick""Lampent""Chandelure""Axew""Fraxure""Haxorus""Cubchoo""Beartic""Cryogonal""Shelmet""Accelgor""Stunfisk""Mienfoo""Mienshao""Druddigon""Golett""Golurk""Pawniard""Bisharp""Bouffalant""Rufflet""Braviary""Vullaby""Mandibuzz""Heatmor""Durant""Deino""Zweilous""Hydreigon""Larvesta""Volcarona""Cobalion""Terrakion""Virizion""Tornadus""Thundurus""Reshiram""Zekrom""Landorus""Kyurem""Keldeo""Meloetta""Genesect""Chespin""Quilladin""Chesnaught""Fennekin""Braixen""Delphox""Froakie""Frogadier""Greninja""Bunnelby""Diggersby""Fletchling""Fletchinder""Talonflame""Scatterbug""Spewpa""Vivillon""Litleo""Pyroar""Flabébé""Floette""Florges""Skiddo""Gogoat""Pancham""Pangoro""Furfrou""Espurr""Meowstic""Honedge""Doublade""Aegislash""Spritzee""Aromatisse""Swirlix""Slurpuff""Inkay""Malamar""Binacle""Barbaracle""Skrelp""Dragalge""Clauncher""Clawitzer""Helioptile""Heliolisk""Tyrunt""Tyrantrum""Amaura""Aurorus""Sylveon""Hawlucha""Dedenne""Carbink""Goomy""Sliggoo""Goodra""Klefki""Phantump""Trevenant""Pumpkaboo""Gourgeist""Bergmite""Avalugg""Noibat""Noivern""Xerneas""Yveltal""Zygarde""Diancie""Hoopa""Volcanion""Rowlet""Dartrix""Decidueye""Litten""Torracat""Incineroar""Popplio""Brionne""Primarina""Pikipek""Trumbeak""Toucannon""Yungoos""Gumshoos""Grubbin""Charjabug""Vikavolt""Crabrawler""Crabominable""Oricorio""Cutiefly""Ribombee""Rockruff""Lycanroc""Wishiwashi""Mareanie""Toxapex""Mudbray""Mudsdale""Dewpider""Araquanid""Fomantis""Lurantis""Morelull""Shiinotic""Salandit""Salazzle""Stufful""Bewear""Bounsweet""Steenee""Tsareena""Comfey""Oranguru""Passimian""Wimpod""Golisopod""Sandygast""Palossand""Pyukumuku""Type: Null""Silvally""Minior""Komala""Turtonator""Togedemaru""Mimikyu""Bruxish""Drampa""Dhelmise""Jangmo-o""Hakamo-o""Kommo-o""Tapu Koko""Tapu Lele""Tapu Bulu""Tapu Fini""Cosmog""Cosmoem""Solgaleo""Lunala""Nihilego""Buzzwole""Pheromosa""Xurkitree""Celesteela""Karatana""Guzzlord""Necrozma""Magearna""Marshadow"];

for (
$i = -30$i <= 0$i++){

$dat date('Y-m-d'time() + 86400 $i);

$num hexdec(substr(md5($dat), 08)) % count($pokemonlist);
    echo 
$dat': 'str_pad($num3"0"STR_PAD_LEFT) , '. '$pokemonlist[$num], '<br />';
}

?>
Sample output:
Code:
2016-11-21: 153. Meganium
2016-11-22: 244. Suicune
2016-11-23: 120. Starmie
2016-11-24: 470. Glaceon
2016-11-25: 242. Raikou
2016-11-26: 361. Glalie
2016-11-27: 786. Tapu Bulu
2016-11-28: 557. Crustle
2016-11-29: 090. Cloyster
2016-11-30: 515. Simipour
2016-12-01: 263. Linoone
2016-12-02: 710. Gourgeist
2016-12-03: 417. Buizel
2016-12-04: 186. Hoppip
2016-12-05: 640. Tornadus
2016-12-06: 298. Nosepass
2016-12-07: 268. Dustox
2016-12-08: 542. Venipede
2016-12-09: 150. Mew
2016-12-10: 236. Hitmontop
2016-12-11: 215. Teddiursa
2016-12-12: 012. Weedle
2016-12-13: 184. Sudowoodo
2016-12-14: 142. Snorlax
2016-12-15: 759. Bewear
2016-12-16: 366. Huntail
2016-12-17: 089. Shellder
2016-12-18: 024. Pikachu
2016-12-19: 275. Taillow
2016-12-20: 714. Noivern
2016-12-21: 447. Lucario

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 21, 2016 at 06:23:36 PM.
Old December 22, 2016, 12:43:45 AM
Administrator

Eh, the algorithm isn't so random. There are a lot of duplicates showing up close together.
Old December 24, 2016, 08:01:16 AM
Kyurem

I decided to check out those Pokemon sites at the bottom of the floatzel.net pages, and only 3 of them still work or still up. All the rest no longer can be reached or dont exist Sad how old sites are going away.
Old December 24, 2016, 12:26:03 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I've trimmed those down too. I'm upset that the whole Kimsites domain (which contained We All Live in a Pokémon World) is gone, as that site had a huge amount of content and was regularly updated. The e-mail address I have for her no longer works, so I can't ask what's up.

The ones I still have are: Altered Origin, The Cave of Dragonflies, FireChao, PidgiWiki, Pk-Life, The Sky Temple, and Pokémon Trainer. Anyone else either removed me, hasn't updated in years, or no longer has their site. The ones that no longer have me as an affiliate might get an e-mail if they're still doing affiliates after I launch the new site. Of those, I may re-add Pichu's World and e-mail PkParaíso.

Also, it's amazing how many sites out there just download the Pokédex data from veekun and build a Pokédex. You can tell because the same typos persist across sites and they have the same exact odd image dimensions.

(Again, yes, this thing will actually happen. Floatzel.Net is a dilapidated mess. I get lots of free time at work, so I spend it working on the new layout.)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 24, 2016 at 12:28:19 PM.
Old December 24, 2016, 02:54:35 PM
Keldeo

Fire Chao - latest post was June 20, 2012. Ouch /:
At least the other ones all seem to have been last updated within December 2016 :P
Old December 24, 2016, 03:16:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Fire Chao - latest post was June 20, 2012. Ouch /:
At least the other ones all seem to have been last updated within December 2016
True. Looks like it's been awhile since the last post on Pk-Life too.
Old December 25, 2016, 09:22:12 AM
Kyurem

I like visiting old sites, but alot of them are gone especially pokezam My old favourite site will be missed.
Old January 31, 2017, 07:44:16 PM
Administrator

Just letting everyone know, I'm still working quite a bit on this. Most of the site stuff has been copied over, and there are only a few articles left. Also, yes, there is a Pokémon of the Day, generated by a hash.