Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

View Poll Results: Which set of rules would you rather go by?
Free battle - level 5 10 62.50%
Fixed level - level 50 all. 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old February 5, 2010, 01:15:25 PM
Keldeo

Default "Not fully evolved" pokemon Tournament - Discussion

Discussion for this months tournament on the 27th of February hosted by yours truly~!

Here's the rules I got so far.

GOLDEN RULE: DO NOT LEVEL YOUR POKEMON ABOVE LEVEL 5! ANYTHING OVER LEVEL 5 WILL NOT BE ALOUD.

Rule 1: All pokemon must be in there lowest form of evolution. Pokemon without evolutions like milktank and Tauros do not count.

Rule 2: Single battle, 6 vs 6, level 5 pokemon. Do not go over level 5 under any circumstances.

Rule 3: You may not have the 2 or more of the same kind of pokemon. However you are aloud 2 or else of the same held item being used on you're team.

Rule 4: All pokemon from all regions are aloud, including movesets from HG/SS.

Rule 5: No hacks. Please make sure all pokemon you enter are legitimately obtained.

Rule 6: This tournament will be played on pokemon Diamond/pearl/platinum, And Hg/Ss if anyone has it. Please make sure you're wifi is functioning properly and you know how to battle online.

Rule 7: Clauses in play:-
Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be put to sleep by an opponent at a time, per team.

Self-KO Clause - If an opponent uses Selfdestruct or Explosion with their last Pokémon, they lose the game regardless of the number of Pokémon remaining on the other team.

OHKO Clause - Guillotine, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill and Fissure are banned.

Evasion Clause - Moves that lower accuracy, or increase evasion are banned. However, moves that heighten accuracy are allowed.

Fixed damage clause Sonic boom, and dragon rage are banned.

DeepSeaTooth Clause - The item "DeepSeaTooth" is banned.

Rules 8: Players must choose a certain amount of pokemon from each of these boxes. Each box allows a certain amount. OU is 2, BL is 4, and NU/UU is unlimited.

a) ONLY TWO of the following:
The OU Pokémon of the NFE tier:
Spoiler Alert:    
Abra, Aipom, Bagon, Barboach, Bellsprout, Bronzor, Buizel, Carvanha, Chinchou, Cranidos, Croagunk, Cyndaquil, Diglett, Doduo, Dratini, Drifloon, Duskull, Elekid, Exeggcute, Gastly, Gible, Gligar, Hippopotas, Houndour, Kabuto, Machop, Magnemite, Mankey, Mantyke, Meowth, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Omanyte, Paras, Ponyta, Porygon, Slowpoke, Snover, Squirtle, Staryu, Taillow, Teddiursa, Voltorb, Wailmer.

b) ONLY 4 of the following:
The BL of the NFE tier:
Spoiler Alert:    
Anorith, Aron, Buneary, Bonsly, Cacnea, Charmander, Chimchar, Clamperl, Cubone, Drowzee, Eevee, Geodude, Glameow, Goldeen, Growlithe, Horsea, Krabby, Koffing, Larvitar, Lickitung, Lileep, Magby, Makuhita, Mime Jr., Natu, Nosepass, Numel, Oddish, Onix, Phanpy, Poliwag, Psyduck, Ralts, Ratatta, Remoraid, Riolu, Rhyhorn, Sheildon, Shroomish, Shuppet, Smoochum, Spoink, Stunky, Surskit, Swinub, Tentacool, Trapinch, Treecko, Venonat, Vulpix, Wooper, Zigzagoon.

c) You may choose as many as you like in this tier.
The UU/NU of the NFE tier:
Spoiler Alert:    
Azurill, Baltoy, Beldum, Bidoof, Budew, Bulbasaur, Burmy, Caterpie, Cherubi, Chikorita, Chingling, Cleffa, Combee, Corphish, Ekans, Electrike, Feebas, Finneon, Grimer, Gulpin, Happiny, Hoothoot, Hoppip, Igglybuff, Kricketot, Ledyba, Lotad, Magikarp, Mareep, Mudkip, Nidoran F, Nidoran M, Nincada, Pichu, Pidgey, Pineco, Piplup, Poochyena, Sandshrew, Seedot, Seel, Sentret, Shellder, Shellos, Shinx, Skitty, Skorupi, Slakoth, Slugma, Snorunt, Snubbull, Spearow, Spheal, Spinarak, Starly, Sunkern, Swablu, Togepi, Torchic, Totodile, Turtwig, Tyrogue, Weedle, Whismur, Wingull, Wurmple, Zubat.

What pokemon do you think should be banned: Yup I need your guys help. Obviously pokemon like scyther and sneasel will be able to dominate alot of the first stage evolutions. Please leave your suggestions on what pokemon should be banned.

List of banned pokemon
Scyther
Yanma
Sneasel
Meditite
Murkrow
Tangela
Wynaught

Please give feedback and leave suggestions~!

Last edited by Sunny; February 13, 2010 at 05:52:45 PM.
Old February 5, 2010, 01:46:39 PM
Regigigas

Looks like the makings of a pretty unique tournament. Just be sure that you can get someone who can examine competitors' teams between rounds for hacks if you can't do that well yourself. Best of luck with the tournament!
Old February 5, 2010, 01:51:38 PM
Kyurem

Oh boy this sounds exciting! I checked the Little Cup Forums, though, and to them these Pokemon are banned: Meditite, Murkrow, Scyther, Sneasel, Yanma, Tangela. You might want to consider doing the same for this tournament, especially because of Scyther and Sneasel.
Old February 5, 2010, 01:54:02 PM
Regigigas

Wait, why are those banned? Aren't they lowest-evolved-forms themselves?
Old February 5, 2010, 02:02:14 PM
Rayquaza

Did you talk to Cat about this because I told him about it a long time ago?
Old February 5, 2010, 02:09:22 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Did you talk to Cat about this because I told him about it a long time ago?
I asked about a month ago. Although it sounds like you probably asked first Hmm. If you want we could co-host it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Oh boy this sounds exciting! I checked the Little Cup Forums, though, and to them these Pokemon are banned: Meditite, Murkrow, Scyther, Sneasel, Yanma, Tangela. You might want to consider doing the same for this tournament, especially because of Scyther and Sneasel.
Aww thanks for the suggestion Kazam~! Scyther is banned for sure, but I'll need more suggestions for the others.

Last edited by Sunny; February 5, 2010 at 02:11:36 PM.
Old February 5, 2010, 03:57:48 PM
Shaymin

Rule 7 definitely needs to go.

I would actually think that Pokemon with no evolutions should be banned, but I'm on the fence for that as well. I mean, things like Heracross, Miltank, Tauros, and others shouldn't be permitted if they don't really have a "baby" form and are already fully evolved.
Old February 5, 2010, 04:14:34 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Rule 7 definitely needs to go.

I would actually think that Pokemon with no evolutions should be banned, but I'm on the fence for that as well. I mean, things like Heracross, Miltank, Tauros, and others shouldn't be permitted if they don't really have a "baby" form and are already fully evolved.
WATCHA GOT AGAINST FUUUUUN? D:

And rule 1 already states that pokemon with no evolution are banned. I'm sticking to that decision. There just too strong. =w=

Last edited by Sunny; February 5, 2010 at 04:15:58 PM.
Old February 5, 2010, 04:26:51 PM
Rayquaza

Fine I'll Co-Host as long as you let me create a list of pokemon you can use.
Old February 5, 2010, 05:49:26 PM
Shaymin

Oh, I see. I misread Rule 1, thought it meant Pokemon with no evolutions WERE allowed. My bad. Carry on.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; February 5, 2010 at 05:51:08 PM. Reason: My signature bold red text failed me
Old February 5, 2010, 07:05:52 PM
Giratina

I say any pokemon with only one evolve form (ex: Bronzor to Bronzong) should be banned.
They will be slightly more powerful than Pokemon with two evolve forms (Like Bulbasaur to Ivysaur to Venasaur).

And i better get working on my team... but my friend has my game... oh darn it *grabs diamond* no...
Old February 5, 2010, 07:35:25 PM
Regigigas

It's a called little battle. The pokemon should be unevolved completely, first stage pokemon, who can't evolve. Also, the pokemon should be set at level 5.
Old February 5, 2010, 08:01:55 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
Also, the pokemon should be set at level 5.
That would take too long.
Plus, its not a "Little-cup Tournament", its a "Not fully evolved tournament".

But i do agree with only the first form of evolution.
Old February 5, 2010, 08:03:52 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
I say any pokemon with only one evolve form (ex: Bronzor to Bronzong) should be banned.
They will be slightly more powerful than Pokemon with two evolve forms (Like Bulbasaur to Ivysaur to Venasaur).

And i better get working on my team... but my friend has my game... oh darn it *grabs diamond* no...
I disagree! I think all Pokemon unevolved (sans Scyther, and possible Sneaseal, Murkrow, Tangela, Yanma, and Meditite) should be allowed. There are lots of little cup teams that really on Pokemon like Meowth, Misdreavus, Bronzor, Gligar, and various others.

Well, once more details are hammered out Im sure there will be a voting session for the final rules, much like the other tourneys.
Old February 5, 2010, 10:33:15 PM
Mudkip

Legendary must banned too....! They not evolved but they're strong!
Old February 5, 2010, 10:36:16 PM
Regigigas

Actually, Level 5 pokemon would take less time. Having a team at level 5 means you have to breed them, then simply get them to level 5. It would put everyone on the same level and let people create new teams.
Old February 6, 2010, 05:13:16 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Actually, Level 5 pokemon would take less time. Having a team at level 5 means you have to breed them, then simply get them to level 5. It would put everyone on the same level and let people create new teams.
True, but think about it. Unless your going to breed to get certain egg moves, it wont be very exciting. And plus you don't need to breed to get level 5 pokemon. You could always migrate pokemon or catch very low levels.

Still, it should stay at level 50. It would give people the ability to have pokemon that have their ultimate moves (if they are going to train to level 50) and it would allow them to Ev train them as well.
Old February 6, 2010, 07:48:34 AM
Rayquaza

The idea of this cup is nice. I think that level 50 must be the level as it gives the people more opportunity to train their Pokemon. Also, I think that we need to go on with all the banned Pokemon of Smogon. They all are stronger than the other baby Pokemon.
Old February 6, 2010, 07:53:12 AM
Regigigas

*sigh* How can I explain this to you people? Raising pokemon to level 50 takes more time. I'd have to raise a completely new team. With level 5 you can breed the moves you want for the pokemon onto the pokemon, and give them TMs or Move tutors for anything else. Putting it at level 5o makes things far more difficult. Level 5 IS little battle.
Old February 6, 2010, 07:57:17 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
*sigh* How can I explain this to you people? Raising pokemon to level 50 takes more time. I'd have to raise a completely new team. With level 5 you can breed the moves you want for the pokemon onto the pokemon, and give them TMs or Move tutors for anything else. Putting it at level 5o makes things far more difficult. Level 5 IS little battle.
Theirs an option that rounds the pokemon up or down to that level in a wifi battle. If you set it to that option the pokemon will always be set to level 50 during the battle despite what level it was before. There is no "level 5 all" option so im going with this. =w= It will allow trainers that don't breed to instead level up there pokemon to get moves for it.
Old February 6, 2010, 07:57:25 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
I agree. LET THE LEVEL FIVES IN. NAO. Or else I'd have to raise a completely new team.
Old February 6, 2010, 08:07:31 AM
Kyurem

Anyway, Little Cup rules involve Pokemon at lvl. 5, so breeding plays a massive role to get the right moves. Yes, there IS a level 50 option, but if I recall correctly there is also an "Anything Goes" kind of option where pokemon levels are kept where they are. This could either be a little cup tourney, with level 5's, or just a level 50 tournament using pokemon in their smallest stage. Maybe it will be put to a vote?

Last edited by Alakazamaster; February 6, 2010 at 08:28:43 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 08:29:16 AM
Kyurem

I assume the regular banned Pokemon will be banned in this tourney?
Old February 6, 2010, 08:29:30 AM
Giratina

I really, really like this idea, as it is unique and offers many common Pokémon to be put into play. Thumbs up for that.

As to the rules, here's my opinion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Rule 1: All pokemon must be in there lowest form of evolution. Pokemon without evolutions like milktank and Tauros do not count.
Agreed 100%

Rule 2: Single battle, 6 vs 6, level 50.
Agreed

Rule 3: You may not have the 2 or more of the same kind of pokemon, or item on your team.
Agreed with the same Pokémon part. However, why can't we have the same items on our team? Things like Leftovers, Life Orbs and many others are very common on multiple Pokémon. I say change that

Rule 4: All pokemon from all regions are aloud, including movesets from HG/SS.
Agreed

Rule 5: No hacks. Please make sure all pokemon you enter are legitimately obtained.
Agreed

Rule 6: This tournament will be played on pokemon Diamond/pearl/platinum, And Hg/Ss if anyone has it. Please make sure you're wifi is functioning properly and you know how to battle online.

Rule 7: Clauses in play:-
Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be put to sleep by an opponent at a time, per team.

Self-KO Clause
- If an opponent uses Selfdestruct or Explosion with their last Pokémon, they lose the game regardless of the number of Pokémon remaining on the other team.

OHKO Clause - Guillotine, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill and Fissure are banned.

Rule 8: List of banned pokemon
Scyther
Scyther
Yanma
Sneasel
Meditite
Murkrow
Tangela

This is the standard list of banned Pokémon in the Little Cup tournaments, which are more or less the same as NFE tournaments.

I have a good suggestion to prevent over-using some powerful NFE evolved Pokémon, like Anorith.

Each person must choose:

Spoiler Alert:    
Abra, Aipom, Bagon, Barboach, Bellsprout, Bronzor, Buizel, Carvanha, Chinchou, Cranidos, Croagunk, Cyndaquil, Diglett, Doduo, Dratini, Drifloon, Duskull, Elekid, Exeggcute, Gastly, Gible, Gligar, Hippopotas, Houndour, Kabuto, Machop, Magnemite, Mankey, Mantyke, Meowth, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Omanyte, Paras, Ponyta, Porygon, Slowpoke, Snover, Squirtle, Staryu, Taillow, Teddiursa, Voltorb, Wailmer.

b) ONLY TWO of the following:
The BL of the NFE tier:
Spoiler Alert:    
Anorith, Aron, Buneary, Bonsly, Cacnea, Charmander, Chimchar, Clamperl, Cubone, Drowzee, Eevee, Geodude, Glameow, Goldeen, Growlithe, Horsea, Krabby, Koffing, Larvitar, Lickitung, Lileep, Magby, Makuhita, Mime Jr., Natu, Nosepass, Numel, Oddish, Onix, Phanpy, Poliwag, Psyduck, Ralts, Ratatta, Remoraid, Riolu, Rhyhorn, Sheildon, Shroomish, Shuppet, Smoochum, Spoink, Stunky, Surskit, Swinub, Tentacool, Trapinch, Treecko, Venonat, Vulpix, Wooper, Wynaut, Zigzagoon.

c) ONLY TWO of the following:
Spoiler Alert:    
Azurill, Baltoy, Beldum, Bidoof, Budew, Bulbasaur, Burmy, Caterpie, Cherubi, Chikorita, Chingling, Cleffa, Combee, Corphish, Ekans, Electrike, Feebas, Finneon, Grimer, Gulpin, Happiny, Hoothoot, Hoppip, Igglybuff, Kricketot, Ledyba, Lotad, Magikarp, Mareep, Mudkip, Nidoran F, Nidoran M, Nincada, Pichu, Pidgey, Pineco, Piplup, Poochyena, Sandshrew, Seedot, Seel, Sentret, Shellder, Shellos, Shinx, Skitty, Skorupi, Slakoth, Slugma, Snorunt, Snubbull, Spearow, Spheal, Spinarak, Starly, Sunkern, Swablu, Togepi, Torchic, Totodile, Turtwig, Tyrogue, Weedle, Whismur, Wingull, Wurmple, Zubat.

I deeply believe this is the best option to avoid inequalities, cheating and whatnot. However, I'm not saying this has to be followed. It depends on the hosts of the tournament and the participants' opinions, and whether they agree or not.

Quote:
Except that there's no option called 'Level 5 All' in Wi-fi battles.
So it doesn't matter to what level you will raise them in your game, since they will be automatically changed to "Level 50 All".

Last edited by Shadow; February 6, 2010 at 09:26:26 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 08:33:09 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I really, really like this idea, as it is unique and offers many common Pokémon to be put into play. Thumbs up for that.

I have a good suggestion to prevent over-using some powerful NFE evolved Pokémon, like Anorith.

Each person must choose:

Spoiler Alert:    

The BL of the NFE tier:
Spoiler Alert:    
Anorith, Aron, Buneary, Bonsly, Cacnea, Charmander, Chimchar, Clamperl, Cubone, Drowzee, Eevee, Geodude, Glameow, Goldeen, Growlithe, Horsea, Krabby, Koffing, Larvitar, Lickitung, Lileep, Magby, Makuhita, Mime Jr., Natu, Nosepass, Numel, Oddish, Onix, Phanpy, Poliwag, Psyduck, Ralts, Ratatta, Remoraid, Riolu, Rhyhorn, Sheildon, Shroomish, Shuppet, Smoochum, Spoink, Stunky, Surskit, Swinub, Tentacool, Trapinch, Treecko, Venonat, Vulpix, Wooper, Wynaut, Zigzagoon.

Spoiler Alert:    

I deeply believe this is the best option to avoid inequalities, cheating and whatnot. However, I'm not saying this has to be followed. It depends on the hosts of the tournament and the participants' opinions, and whether they agree or not.

Except that there's no option called 'Level 5 All' in Wi-fi battles.
So it doesn't matter to what level you will raise them in your game, since they will be automatically changed to "Level 50 All".
Hmmm, I really like the idea of using Pokemon from multiple tiers, that could indeed prevent teams from abusing certain Pokemon. Although, like I said previously, there is a "Free Battle" option, so trainers could raise their Pokemon to level 5, then just use that option and they would stay at that level.

EDIT: It also is a useful way to make all teams relatively equal, since EV training would be quite difficult.

Last edited by Shadow; February 6, 2010 at 09:26:56 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 08:35:17 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Hmmm, I really like the idea of using Pokemon from multiple tiers, that could indeed prevent teams from abusing certain Pokemon.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Although, like I said previously, there is a "Free Battle" option, so trainers could raise their Pokemon to level 5, then just use that option and they would stay at that level.
But then we would find people whose Pokémon are not all at level 5. That would create chaos.

Last edited by Shadow; February 6, 2010 at 08:35:40 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 08:47:09 AM
Kyurem

Quote:

But then we would find people whose Pokémon are not all at level 5. That would create chaos.
Ungh, I fear your right :O Yes, level 50 would work well. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to come up with a team that is sure to win
Old February 6, 2010, 08:53:51 AM
Keldeo

Aww yes, the item thing is only there because its a standard rule in most tournament. I just don't wanna see focus sashes and leftovers on every single pokemon. Buuuut I guess I could trust people not to go TO crazy with those items. =w= And ill add those other rules up to.

Quote:

Each person must choose:

Spoiler Alert:    

The BL of the NFE tier:
Spoiler Alert:    

Spoiler Alert:    

Awww, a NFE tier list? Very very helpful~! I think i'll go with this too. I just hope people can follow it though. Thanks a bunch Shadow~!

Last edited by Shadow; February 6, 2010 at 09:27:24 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 08:56:11 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Aww yes, the item thing is only there because its a standard rule in most tournament. I just don't wanna see a focus sashes and leftovers on every single pokemon. Buuuut I guess I could trust people not to go TO crazy with those items. =w=
You could say that you can have something like 2 identical items on different Pokémon only - not more than that.

Quote:
Awww, a NFE tier list? Very very helpful~! I think i'll go with this too. I just hope people can follow it though. Thanks a bunch Shadow~!
I'm sure they will. Pokémon are clearly listed in the lists, so there's no excuse.
And you're welcome. I'm glad I helped.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:11:04 AM
Rayquaza

Thankyou sahadow you just made my job completly useless enjoy doing hack checks because I quit.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:14:35 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Thankyou sahadow you just made my job completly useless enjoy doing hack checks because I quit.
I could use some explanation because I didn't understand.
And why did you quit?
Old February 6, 2010, 09:15:33 AM
Regigigas

*sigh* Look, I think we should make this a proper Little battle. Based on the breeding ability of the trainers. If we don't want to do that, then fine, but can we try to make it even for the people who DON'T want to have to raise a new team to level 50?
Old February 6, 2010, 09:19:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
*sigh* Look, I think we should make this a proper Little battle. Based on the breeding ability of the trainers. If we don't want to do that, then fine, but can we try to make it even for the people who DON'T want to have to raise a new team to level 50?
To be honest, I don't care much about the level of the Pokémon, be it 5 or 50. But, I suggested level 50 because in the Wi-fi battle options, all Pokémon are automatically changed to level 50. That means you don't have to train them to level 50, and we wouldn't find people with wrong levels (which might happen when choosing the "Free for All" or whatever battle.
But I have no problem either way, so I'll leave this issue for you guys to decide.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:19:40 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
You do not raise the pokemon to level 50. Please double check my response to you're previous post. Their is an option that allows it to be a fixed level of either 50 or 100. There is no "level 5 all". Setting the options in to "level 50 all" will automatically make the pokemon you're using level 50 whether its level 1 or level 100.

Last edited by Sunny; February 6, 2010 at 09:20:20 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:22:50 AM
Regigigas

look, if we let second stage pokemon into the tourny and let pokemon be leveled to any level they want, they will be more powerful than the pokemon that were bred and kept at level 5. With EVs having two pokemon at level 50 won't make them equal. And if we let second stage pokemon in, they will be more powerful. I just personally think we should go by little battle rules, As I enjoy little battle.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:30:55 AM
Kyurem

Ok things seem a bit jumbled so, if I may, I have made a little something to lower the confusion.

CLASSIC LITTLE BATTLE:
-Pokemon in their lowest evolution forms are used.
-All Pokemon are Level 5.
-"Free Battle" mode would be chosen, and both Trainers would have Pokemon EXCLUSIVELY at Level 5.
-EV training is very difficult when Level 5 is the limit, so it would be easier to make a team and have battlers moderately equal.
-Breeding Pokemon and using TMs are the methods to get good moves on these Pokemon.

NOT FULLY EVOLVED BATTLE-
-Pokemon in their lowest evolution forms are used.
-The "Level 50" battle option is chosen, but these Pokemon could normally be at any level.
-EV training is now an option.
-Pokemon can now use any move let get by level up, making much breeding worthless (sans getting Egg moves)

EITHER ONE-
-Lowest evolutions are used.
-Two Pokemon from each Tiers must be used (OU, BL, and UU/NU)
-Pokemon that do not evolve are banned.
-Tangela, Scyther, Sneasel, Yanma, Murkrow, and Meditite are banned.

These are the two battles being debated over, I hope this helps!

Last edited by Alakazamaster; February 6, 2010 at 09:39:51 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:32:31 AM
Giratina

I think I'd personally go with the classic Little Cup Battle rules. I want to skip EV-training.
However, that's only my opinion.

Last edited by Shadow; February 6, 2010 at 09:32:42 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:33:53 AM
Keldeo

Oh my...you guys think I should make a poll?

Last edited by Sunny; February 6, 2010 at 09:35:19 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:36:36 AM
Kyurem

Indeed. Considering Little Cup and NFE Level 50 involve vastly different playing strategies.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:37:45 AM
Regigigas

Prolly. Also, one thing you missed is that in little battle, pokemon who don't evolve aren't allowed.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:38:56 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Prolly. Also, one thing you missed is that in little battle, pokemon who don't evolve aren't allowed.
Rule 1 dood. =w= People seem to be overlooking that. :V
Old February 6, 2010, 09:40:38 AM
Kyurem

I think he was talking about me, when I posted that BIG summary a few posts up. ^^^^
Old February 6, 2010, 09:42:25 AM
Regigigas

hm. Magmaster ha a post listing the pokemon that could be used and I saw Sableye in it. I guess he deleted the post, though.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:44:59 AM
Keldeo

All done~! Polls up. =w=

Aww and yea, I was considering allowing sableye and other weaker pokemon. What tier do you think sableye would be in?

Last edited by Sunny; February 6, 2010 at 09:45:34 AM.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:46:57 AM
Regigigas

I dunno. Top one, Maybe?

I have a little battle team already, It has one top rank, 2 middle rank, and 3 bottom rank. I'm thinking of restructuring it anyway, but can we have more bottom rank pokemon than top rank?
Old February 6, 2010, 12:23:37 PM
Giratina

Quote:
*Deeply breathes*
Ok, the tournament doesn't say "Little battle", it says "Not fully evolved" or "NFE".
If sunny wanted to have a little battle tournament, this topic would say "Little battle pokemon tournament - Discussion" but it doesn't say that so no. It should stay at level 50.
And thank Nintendo for putting an option on wi-fi to automatically raise your pokemon to level 50 for that battle so you DON'T HAVE TO raise your pokemon.

EDIT: and plus i think it would cause more trouble trying to have everyone have all their pokemon at level 5, people from youtube or some random place may not read these rules and just go off on their own little world and have pokemon that are level 30 or something

Last edited by Quadcentruo; February 6, 2010 at 12:26:21 PM.
Old February 6, 2010, 03:36:11 PM
Shaymin

Well, here. Make it so that Lv. 1-5 is the restriction, even though the game will force-cap it to Lv. 50. That way, people won't be freaking out about teams.

Seriously, I wouldn't enjoy EV training my little baybee Pokemon to Lv. 50. It probably wouldn't even done properly, I'd have to either keep pressing B or hold an Everstone.
Old February 6, 2010, 04:52:28 PM
Giratina

If the tourny is going to be a level 5 free battle, I probably wont join.
It just wouldn't be a pokemon battle, it would be more like "Who can find the strongest pokemon on the unbanned list"
Old February 6, 2010, 04:59:06 PM
Regigigas

Tell me, quad, have you ever actually HAD a little battle? Try the little cup in PBR, Little battles aren't that simple.
Old February 6, 2010, 05:07:02 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Tell me, quad, have you ever actually HAD a little battle? Try the little cup in PBR, Little battles aren't that simple.
No i haven't.
But still, this isn't a little cup tournament.
And having Pokemon at level 5 and below would make the stats incredibly low.
I still say the pokemon should be fixed to level 50 on wi-fi
Old February 6, 2010, 06:34:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
No i haven't.
But still, this isn't a little cup tournament.
I still say the pokemon should be fixed to level 50 on wi-fi
Its actually a really cool, different playing experience, Little Cup is. Pokemon are chosen based on their movepools more than their stats, and thus some REALLY intriguing teams can come into play. Pokemon are able to find niches on teams that normally would be unavailable due to the threat of a Pokemon like Scizor or Salamence ripping through, but in Little Cup the best defense is a unique strategy, and spot-on prediction skills.

Needless to say I support the idea of all Lvl. 5's ^_^
Old February 6, 2010, 06:38:05 PM
Keldeo

This is true. It is alot more moveset based rather then stat based. I've played the little cup tourney before and ice punched my way to victory with a sneasel. =w=

I'll leave the pull up for 1-2 more days. Don't wanna wait too long to decide.
*is still sad sneasel is banned. ;~;*
Old February 6, 2010, 08:26:55 PM
Regigigas

I'd love it if sableye was available, but if we let one-stage pokemon in that opens a floodgate.
Old February 7, 2010, 07:34:38 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I'd love it if sableye was available, but if we let one-stage pokemon in that opens a floodgate.
Agreed. People would be wondering if other Pokemon like Pachirisu and Mawile would be allowed, so its probably just better to stick with two Pokemon from each tier.
Old February 7, 2010, 07:49:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Why don't you want to try a new experience?
Enough of the common OU battles. If you think you are a strong Pokémon trainer, you shouldn't have a problem adapting to different conditions, styles and whatnot.
I never really experienced such a tournament before, but it will surely widen my usage of Pokémon, make me develop new strategies, and will give me a better overview of the less common tiers.
Old February 7, 2010, 09:27:23 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeveee View Post
I agree. LET THE LEVEL FIVES IN. NAO. Or else I'd have to raise a completely new team.
You can use level fives. The online battle system just rounds them to 50. But, if you use level fives, YOU WILL LOSE THIS TOURNAMENT!
Old February 7, 2010, 09:37:02 AM
Regigigas

Umm, the whole point is that EVERYONE uses level 5's. That way it's even.
Old February 7, 2010, 09:39:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
The online battle system just rounds them to 50
Correction. The online battle system can round to 50, doesn't have to (thats why people use a FEAR Rattata - Rattata at level 2 with focus sash, uses endeavor and finishes with quick attack)

And shadow, I accept your challenge!
But i would still like a level 50 more than level 5 tournament
Old February 7, 2010, 09:59:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Why don't you want to try a new experience?
Enough of the common OU battles. If you think you are a strong Pokémon trainer, you shouldn't have a problem adapting to different conditions, styles and whatnot.
I never really experienced such a tournament before, but it will surely widen my usage of Pokémon, make me develop new strategies, and will give me a better overview of the less common tiers.
I agree with this fully.
Old February 7, 2010, 10:41:12 AM
Shaymin

The battles should be level 1. It would twist things up a little bit.
Old February 7, 2010, 10:45:13 AM
Kyurem

The idea to use 2 Pokemon was a great idea, but I have to say its making it really hard to make a balanced team! The UU/NU tier is especially displeasing, with Pokemon like Magikarp and Weedle.
Old February 7, 2010, 11:59:04 AM
Regigigas

Level 1 is kind of impossible, and it prevents pokemon bred in previous games. Level 5 gives you a tiny bit of time to train your pokemon.
Old February 7, 2010, 02:22:47 PM
Keldeo

Well, I've been convinced enough. =w=
Level 5 it is. Aww also, I will allow more then 2 NU/UUs and BL. However you may still only use 2 OUs.

(Now just to figure out how to close the poll. .-.)

Last edited by Sunny; February 7, 2010 at 02:31:39 PM.
Old February 7, 2010, 02:51:27 PM
Kyurem

Oh! So we could have say 4 BLs? And is Item Clause on, or can we have more than one of an item?

Last edited by Alakazamaster; February 7, 2010 at 02:58:12 PM.
Old February 7, 2010, 04:09:21 PM
Regigigas

1. 3 Pokemon Only. Makes it quick and smooth
2. Level 5 and below. Need I say more
3. No legendaries.
4. No One Hit KO moves
5. Please, keep it simple enough for my poke-ball sized brain to understand

A Level 50 would ruin the 'Little Cup" purpose and wouldn't be a little cup.
Old February 7, 2010, 05:11:20 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Oh! So we could have say 4 BLs? And is Item Clause on, or can we have more than one of an item?
You may have no more then 2 of the same items. I think that should be enough hopefully. =w=

And BL tier has been moved up to 4, UU/NU tiers is now unlimited, and sableye and farfetch'd are now allowed. (OU tier though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
1. 3 Pokemon Only. Makes it quick and smooth
2. Level 5 and below. Need I say more
3. No legendaries.
4. No One Hit KO moves
5. Please, keep it simple enough for my poke-ball sized brain to understand

A Level 50 would ruin the 'Little Cup" purpose and wouldn't be a little cup.
All of these are in effect except number 1. If I get enough people asking for it I'll put a poll up. =w= I don't wanna change rules too frequently or it will cause alot of confusion.
Old February 7, 2010, 05:25:43 PM
Kyurem

Sableye is allowed now? Ruh roh! I had better find a good counter to the Pokemon without a super effective weakness...
Old February 7, 2010, 05:42:50 PM
Giratina

I checked the listing of unbanned pokes.

Umm... No Wynaught.
Just trust me on this. Its considered uber on Smogon for a reason.
Old February 7, 2010, 06:02:33 PM
Regigigas

No wynaut. Yes sableye. Also no legendaries is a moot point, since most pokemon who don't evolve aren't allowed anyway.
Old February 7, 2010, 06:37:34 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
I checked the listing of unbanned pokes.

Umm... No Wynaught.
Just trust me on this. Its considered uber on Smogon for a reason.
Oh god how could I forget wynaught? .-. Adding him up~!
Old February 7, 2010, 06:53:11 PM
Regigigas

Why is he banned? Why not! XD

On non-pun related topic, Are we only letting in Fartetch'd and Sableye? They're the only pokemon I would use anyway, but if somebody requests a pokemon that fits, we should probably evaluate it.
Old February 7, 2010, 07:02:26 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Why is he banned? Why not! XD

On non-pun related topic, Are we only letting in Fartetch'd and Sableye? They're the only pokemon I would use anyway, but if somebody requests a pokemon that fits, we should probably evaluate it.
Argh, this is getting complicated! >.< If it were up to me, it should have stayed with no Pokemon without evolutions, because now things are getting... sticky. :88:
Old February 7, 2010, 07:26:56 PM
Keldeo

Mm yea maybe I shouldn't. Waaah im fickle. I just kinda wish pokemon like farfetch'd actually get a chance to fight ya know? =w= But...yea if I let a few in, a ton of request will be pouring in soon enough. Sorry sable.

Last edited by Sunny; February 7, 2010 at 07:28:30 PM.
Old February 7, 2010, 07:38:45 PM
Regigigas

*sniffle* I'll be fine. Really.
Old February 7, 2010, 07:41:20 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
*sniffle* I'll be fine. Really.
We'll both have to be tough. Sneasels on the banned list too. ;~;
Old February 7, 2010, 09:33:54 PM
Kyurem

Not to mention Tangela, who I really wanted to abuse :(
Old February 8, 2010, 03:02:19 AM

I know I'm a bit late, but I see no problem with the rules right now. I think the choosing from the different tiers was a great and clever idea. We better both make it to the finals again, Sunny.
Old February 8, 2010, 07:43:19 AM
Giratina

Okay, I think the rules have been finalized now. I'll start preparing my team.

On a side note, when will the tournament take place?
(I hope it's towards the very end of February, since I'm very busy with tests right now >_>)
Old February 8, 2010, 08:01:23 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
I know I'm a bit late, but I see no problem with the rules right now. I think the choosing from the different tiers was a great and clever idea. We better both make it to the finals again, Sunny.
Haha don't be so sure, Ditto. I may not have been here for the November Pokemon Tourney, but I'm better at Pokemon than I am at Mario Kart!
Old February 8, 2010, 09:08:07 AM
Regigigas

I'm sure I'll be knocked out in the first round AGAIN, but I'll join.
Old February 8, 2010, 11:29:23 AM
Giratina

Quote:
On a side note, when will the tournament take place?
(I hope it's towards the very end of February, since I'm very busy with tests right now >_>)
It will take place on the last saturaday of the month, like every tournament!
Old February 8, 2010, 12:15:20 PM
Shaymin

Just to point out, Free Battle at an unspoken Lv. 5 restriction is winning out.

Unspoken meaning it's not forced by the game, but for the tourney's sake you need to make sure they're at that level.
Old February 8, 2010, 12:51:02 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Just to point out, Free Battle at an unspoken Lv. 5 restriction is winning out.

Unspoken meaning it's not forced by the game, but for the tourney's sake you need to make sure they're at that level.
Agreed completely. Indeed, I vote that if someone tries to pull some sort of hat trick they should be disqualified immediately.
Old February 8, 2010, 01:10:50 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Agreed completely. Indeed, I vote that if someone tries to pull some sort of hat trick they should be disqualified immediately.
Got it covered~! =w= Cat's gonna be doing hack checks for those who have passed the 1st round. That way if a hacker or a cheater does show up, they won't be able to cheat anyone out of the competition.
Old February 8, 2010, 01:22:00 PM
Kyurem

Hack checks? How?
Old February 8, 2010, 01:27:35 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Hack checks? How?
If anyone reports something wrong with the opponents team Cat will check and ban em from the tourny. It shouldn't be hard to spot anything out of place on level 5 pokemon. =w=
Old February 8, 2010, 01:42:43 PM
Kyurem

Haha true, true. In fact, I'm probably going to record the best battles I have, and upload them!
Old February 8, 2010, 02:02:58 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Agreed. People would be wondering if other Pokemon like Pachirisu and Mawile would be allowed, so its probably just better to stick with two Pokemon from each tier.
I wanted Mawile. ._.
Old February 8, 2010, 07:58:57 PM
Kyurem

Oh! Big time news! I believe there is another something that should be banned...

DeepSeaTooth.

This doubles Clamperl's special attack to a MONSTROUS 36, which lets it shred through teams easily. Even Munchlax, the top dog when it comes to special wallking, is 2HKOd.

DeepSeaScale is OK though, since it doesn't make it a vicious sweeper.
Old February 8, 2010, 09:10:29 PM
Regigigas

Yes, Deepseatooth should verily be banned. Also, maybe, for this tourny, we might let in Mawile and Sableye?
Old February 8, 2010, 09:22:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Yes, Deepseatooth should verily be banned. Also, maybe, for this tourny, we might let in Mawile and Sableye?
Under no circumstances Mawile. It can be really vicious with Swords Dance + Sucker Punch, preventing most anything from getting a hit. Once again, this is Little Cup, not "kinda weak Pokemon, so maybe we should let in specific ones that don't evolve-cup."
Old February 8, 2010, 09:38:45 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Oh! Big time news! I believe there is another something that should be banned...

DeepSeaTooth.

This doubles Clamperl's special attack to a MONSTROUS 36, which lets it shred through teams easily. Even Munchlax, the top dog when it comes to special wallking, is 2HKOd.
Awww nice find Kazam~! Woulda totally missed that. Also Evasion clause will be added as well~!

Quote:

Hmm maybe sometime later we'll have a NU pokemon tournament for those pokemon. =w=

EDIT: My rule list is starting to get huge. .-. Might have to edit a few of the obvious rules out.

Last edited by Sunny; February 8, 2010 at 09:42:41 PM.
Old February 9, 2010, 03:26:34 PM

I'm not sure if this is a typo or not, but the rules do have a contradiction. Rule 8 says that you may only use 3 BL, while Rule 8 B) states that you can use up to four. Can this be fixed please?
Old February 9, 2010, 03:38:57 PM
Keldeo

Uuuhg typos. .-. Thanks Ditto~!
Old February 9, 2010, 05:35:29 PM
Giratina

Should there be a freeze clause?
To my knowledge, there isn't a move that causes freeze (without inflicting damage to HP). so i'm kinda split between that.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:43:17 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Should there be a freeze clause?
To my knowledge, there isn't a move that causes freeze (without inflicting damage to HP). so i'm kinda split between that.
I always found Freeze Clause kinda awkward... I mean you don't choose when you freeze them. I don't think there should be one, since there's no way to prevent it from happening.
Old February 9, 2010, 08:26:23 PM
Regigigas

What are the chances a level 5 pokemon could freez two pokemon? I say don't bother.
Old February 9, 2010, 10:03:47 PM
Keldeo

Naaaah I thought of freeze clause but its really not that important.
The odds of getting 1 freeze is 1/10. So the average of 2 freezes (Non-consecutively) is 20 moves that induce ice attacks. And even at that its still luck based and can go over 20 attempts. Don't worry I won't add it. The rule list is already large enough. =w=
Old February 12, 2010, 05:18:42 PM
Floatzel

Okay! So far, this looks like a good tourney! I wish I could co-host with some others. If someone hasn't already volunteered for the team checking, I can do that. So, good luck with the tourney! BTW, I can help you on any tourney needs.
Old February 13, 2010, 09:22:08 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Under no circumstances Mawile. It can be really vicious with Swords Dance + Sucker Punch, preventing most anything from getting a hit. Once again, this is Little Cup, not "kinda weak Pokemon, so maybe we should let in specific ones that don't evolve-cup."
AAAGH!!! I was gonna use that combo!