Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 28, 2012, 08:01:17 PM
Shaymin

Default Hunted

Tolliver stood at the north docks awaiting the arrival for her newest quarry. Everyone was scheduled to arrive in the later afternoon, so Tolliver already set up an early dinner to accommodate for guests' travel. The Quinn estate did have a reputation for their hospitality and picturesque views of the island, and Tolliver was very proud of her reputation. As head the estate, Tolliver had ordered Rodney to show her newest guests to her home and wait for her in the atrium for her return.

Rodney stood at the south docks nervously awaiting his master's guests and praying that would not ruin his master's whole reputation. Rodney however was not dressed in his standard attire, but however wore a nice, freshly-pressed suit of Tolliver's father. It was quite comfortable and cool considering the unusual heat the past few days. "I hope I won't be the newest quarry." He then shuddered ever so slightly and again stared blankly to the gray sea.
Old July 29, 2012, 06:59:45 PM
Kyurem

(I honestly have no idea what I'm doing; are our characters on the island or are they the guests or what?)
Old July 29, 2012, 07:31:31 PM
Shaymin

(Sorry. I should have explained better. You aren't on the island at this moment, but you will wind up living with Tolliver a little later. My apologies)
Old August 2, 2012, 07:20:56 PM
Keldeo

Konway was relaxing on the boat, with his hands behind his head. His parents were bringing him to some boring ol' island off the coast of Canada.. That was what he thought, anyway. He'd probably be hunting some local animals.. And locals, from the sounds of things, and living with some rich girl. What he didn't know, was that the girl was his age.
Old August 2, 2012, 10:42:52 PM
Regigigas

James stood at the docks he was ready for the island ready to kill the other hunters looked eager too.Well Well he thought and they say we french are cowards.

Alex stood at the docks thinking why me what did i do wrong why me what did i do wrong again and again. He was frightened cold and hungry and innocent in his own mind
Old August 3, 2012, 04:20:15 AM
Kyurem

Jonathan sat on the boat, doing something on his laptop. He was one of the few kids in his Senior year who had a laptop, and he loved it to death. In fact, it the laptop was the only thing he managed to rescue from the house fire.

He shook those images from his head before he started having a flashback. He really didn't need to relive that fire. He turned the computer off, put it in his bag, and laid back and enjoyed the sunshine while it lasted. He couldn't remember exactly how far up north he was, but things were gonna get cold, fast.

At the south docks, Chris walked up to Rodney and patted him on the back. He spoke in a strong London accent. "Hey, don't be nervous. At least if we are part of the quarry it'll give us something to do."
Old August 3, 2012, 04:24:06 AM
Regigigas

The boat was quiet for James nothing exiting a guy was on a laptop another relaxing James just thought to himself (Will I like these people?)
Old August 3, 2012, 04:24:24 AM
Keldeo

Kayleigh popped up behind Chris and Rodney, trying to look over their shoulders, "Quarry? Isn't that where they mine rocks? I hope I don't have to go there.. I'm not that strong.. I'd rather be bored than hurt!.. But I don't get to choose my fate.."

Last edited by Roxas; August 3, 2012 at 04:25:19 AM.
Old August 3, 2012, 11:49:45 AM
Regigigas

None of the other people noticed Alex he looked up to them and said "Hi my name is Alex...Alex Williams we should probably stick together mine as well get to know each other". "So who are you?"he asked.
Old August 3, 2012, 06:40:09 PM
Kyurem

"Chris." He shook Alex's hand. "Nice to meet you. I think I've been seeing you around here a couple times."

Jonathan got up and walked to the edge of the deck, looking off into the distance. He said vaguely to the people in earshot, "We're getting closer to the island." He squinted a bit. "I can see the docks."
Old August 4, 2012, 08:27:00 AM
Shaymin

Rodney glanced around at all the new slaves and started to grow nervous seeing a little girl. "Let me take you all to your quarters until the hunt actually starts. Follow me." Rodney started to walk toward the Quinn mansion. "We all will be living below the main estate."

Tolliver noticed a ship a little past the horizon, and continued to stand eagerly awaiting the hunters. She was growing tired of hunting by herself, and a few new faces around the estate would be a nice change from just seeing Rodney. "I hope they're all respectful. I will not tolerate disrespectful people in my home."
Old August 4, 2012, 09:47:26 AM
Kyurem

Chris followed Rodney to the estate. While he was walking, he couldn't help eyeing Kayleigh. "...Say, how old are you?"
Old August 4, 2012, 10:02:15 AM
Keldeo

"Me?" the young girl asked, then screwed up her eyes, trying to remember how old she was. She'd never really thought about it.. "I'd say about.. Fourteen? Thirteen maybe? I haven't really kept track.. I hope this 'hunt' doesn't make me wish I had kept track.. And lived for longer.."

Konway suddenly stopped 'relaxing' as such, and turned to look at the island. "I really hope there's some cute girls on the island. If it's full of hot sweaty weirdo guys.. My parents're really gonna hear it." he said, to no one in particular.
Old August 4, 2012, 05:58:25 PM
Shaymin

Rodney looked to Kayleigh and tried to reassure her. "I'll talk to Tolliver. She'll probably send the strongest out first." He hoped Tolliver would at least seeing how young and fragile Kayleigh appeared. Rodney opened a door that seemed to enter a basement. "Watch your step."

As the ship came into the docks, Tolliver smiled and yelled, "Hello!" She then signaled the captain to lower the walking platform for the people to get down. "Welcome to my home. I hope everything is satisfactory."
Old August 4, 2012, 07:10:51 PM
Keldeo

Konway looked up, hearing Tolliver, then started to walk down the platform, having rushed to get off near the front. "Well, thanks, miss." he told her, trying to seem polite. He was iching to meet the girl he had heard about, being a good hunter.. Then wondered if the girl who'd greeted them was her, "Say.. What's your name?"

Kayleigh nodded, looking down at each of the steps as she took them, deeper into the basement. "It's so.. Dark.."
Old August 4, 2012, 07:29:20 PM
Shaymin

Tolliver held out her hand. "Tolliver Quinn. And you are?" She was pleased to someone so enthusiastic to be here and was also very surprised at his eagerness.

Rodney heard Kayleigh. "At the bottom is a light switch. Hold on." Rodney hurried down a little quicker to turn on the light. One he had reached the bottom of the stairs, Rodney flipped on the switch. "Better?"
Old August 4, 2012, 07:36:16 PM
Keldeo

Konway seemed a little surprised for a second, then shook her hand, "Konway. Konway Williamson. Nice to meetcha, Tolliver. You know.. You're cuter than I expected.. Ha ha.." he couldn't help but compliment her, with a nervous grin. He wasn't really used to being around women of his age.

Kayleigh nodded when he turned on the light, arriving at the bottom step shortly after the light came on. "Yes.. It's much better.. Thank you!"
Old August 4, 2012, 08:02:11 PM
Kyurem

Jonathan slung his backpack across one shoulder with his bow strapped onto the back of that, and headed off the boat. He paused for a moment to take in the view of the estate. "Nice place." He didn't bother making conversation with Tolliver; he figured that if all Konway wanted to do was hit on the first girl he saw, he would let him screw that up on his own.
Old August 4, 2012, 08:06:02 PM
Shaymin

Tolliver blushed and smiled. "Thank you." Tolliver wasn't used to anyone around accept for Rodney. "You're cute too." Tolliver slightly giggled and looked to see if anyone else was getting off. Immediately she noticed Jonathan. "And what's your name?"

Rodney slightly smiled and walked to the first door. He opened the door to see the room. It was the emptiest of the rooms. Rodney decided to change his room for this one considering he wanted to give his room, which was the nicest, to someone else. "This is my room. If you have any problems, you can find me here."

Last edited by MaRcHiNg12step; August 4, 2012 at 08:07:07 PM.
Old August 4, 2012, 08:14:11 PM
Keldeo

Konway laughed a little bit, before turning back to see Jonathan walking past. 'Now what's his problem? Walking past your hostess and only saying that? At least he's right about the estate.. It's beautiful.' he looked over at the estate for a little while, "So, uh, what're we going to do when everyone's inside?"

Kayleigh nodded quickly, "Okay.. I'll be sure to remember!" she told him, before looking around for one she could have.. Or the one she was forced into. She wasn't really too bothered.
Old August 4, 2012, 08:20:52 PM
Kyurem

Jonathan stopped when he heard Tolliver ask for his name. "I'm Jonathan Wilson." He turned to face Tolliver and smiled a bit. "Nice to meet you."
Old August 4, 2012, 08:44:30 PM
Shaymin

"Pleasure to meet you. Jonathan and Konway, if you would like, you two are welcome to to go up to the house and eat. The dining hall will be on your left, and the food's already out." Tolliver again looked back on the ship to see if anyone else was coming.

Rodney stepped inside his new room and then said, "the rest of the rooms are your choice. There are five other rooms down here, so I'm sure you can find one you like." Rodney then closed the door and looked around the new room for any of Tolliver's cameras or speakers. To no shock, he found both immediately. "Tolliver, you haven't changed."
Old August 4, 2012, 08:53:16 PM
Keldeo

"Awesome. Food. I was just getting hungry when we arrived. Lucky it's already prepared.. Thanks a lot, Miss Tolliver!" Konway then ran inside, to get a bite to eat.

Kayleigh eventually found a simple enough room, and flopped down on the bed, feeling a little bit tired. 'I'm so.. Scared.. Scared of going.. Scared of dying..' she just stared up at the ceiling, tears springing to her eyes.
Old August 4, 2012, 10:02:06 PM
Regigigas

James stared at the hunters. "Hehe salut comrades I am James Bonnet and you all are Konway Toliver and Johnathan correct?"
Old August 4, 2012, 10:05:59 PM
Regigigas

Alex sat beside Kayleigh "I understand how you feel I'm not much older than you but sobbing can't help you live trust me if we all stick together we will be fine don't cry please" Alex said he hoped he reassured her because inside he wanted to cry to.
Old August 5, 2012, 05:11:06 AM
Kyurem

Jonathan nodded to James, and went off to the estate with Konway to get some food.

Chris picked a room at random and went in. "I guess I could live here." He laid down on the bed and started to think about what was going to happen. 'Chances are we're all going to die. It's just a matter of what order. I desperately hope that little girl doesn't go first; hell, I'll take her place if I have to.'
Old August 5, 2012, 06:23:58 AM
Shaymin

"James, a pleasure to meet you. Are you the last one off the ship?" Tolliver didn't see anyone on there, but she wanted to make sure. "You're welcome to go up to the house and eat."

Rodney sighed at the thought of all of them dying. He knew Tolliver was hunting them for sport. She is so sick. It's almost scary. Rodney couldn't help but think about what runs through Tolliver's mind to even think about killing an innocent human being.
Old August 5, 2012, 12:34:12 PM
Regigigas

James looked at Toliver. "Yes I'll go eat merci" he then went to the estate to eat.
Old August 5, 2012, 08:40:43 PM
Keldeo

Kayleigh tried not to cry, hearing what Alex told her, but.. In the end she ended up burying her head into his chest, and crying. She was so scared. And not just for her own sake. For all of their sakes. She didn't want any of them to die.

Konway looked up from a chicken drumstick, to find Jonathan coming to the estate. "You've got to try some of this food. It's as good as I thought, ha ha!" the boy told him cheerfully, before going back to eating the piece of chicken, clearly enjoying it.

Last edited by Roxas; August 5, 2012 at 08:41:51 PM.
Old August 6, 2012, 04:49:31 AM
Kyurem

Jonathan picked up a plate, put a piece of fish on it, and started eating. "Mmm. You don't really get much seafood around the forests of California. It's all red meat."
Old August 6, 2012, 01:17:18 PM
Regigigas

Alex looked surprised he wrapped his arms around Kayleigh and said "you'll be okay trust me we can stick together we will all be okay". Alex tried to tell himself that too e was suprised girls never really wanted anything to do with him he was poor homeless and had no mother or father.

James looked at the food then Johnathan "I was hoping for souflet but fish is fine"
Old August 6, 2012, 02:32:56 PM
Shaymin

Tolliver paid the the captain of the ship and started to head up to the house. "Should I eat first, or give the slaves their food?" Tolliver pondered this until she opened the door. "I'll feed them first." She slid into the kitchen and gathered each slave a loaf of bread, an apple, a can of soda, and a piece of chicken. Then she walked down the steps and knock on the door of the room Chris was in.

Last edited by MaRcHiNg12step; August 6, 2012 at 02:33:25 PM.
Old August 6, 2012, 02:53:30 PM
Kyurem

Chris got up off of the bed, then opened the door. A girl that he didn't recognize was on the other side. She definitely wasn't one of the slaves. Was this the rich girl that he had been told about? Was he the first slave to be sent out? His mind started to panic, but he needed to not show it. "...Yes?"
Old August 6, 2012, 03:27:34 PM
Shaymin

"I brought you some food." Tolliver handed the food to Chris and carefully looked him over. He might be a good prized to have. "Best be on my way." Tolliver then knocked on the door of the room Alex and Kayleigh were in.
Old August 6, 2012, 03:40:42 PM
Kyurem

Chris took the food and let out a sigh of relief. He put the food down, sat back down on the bed leaning against the headboard, and opened the can of soda and started to drink from it. He looked over in the direction of the room that Kayleigh and Alex were in. 'She's already in tears. I wonder what this'll do to her. Even I was in a panic when I saw her, and I can keep a pretty cool head.'
Old August 7, 2012, 05:15:55 AM
Keldeo

Kayleigh looked up, upon hearing the knock on her door, and wriggled free of Alex, to open the door. "..Who is it?" she asked, wiping away her tears. She wasn't sure how to feel when she saw Tolliver standing in the doorway..
Old August 7, 2012, 09:24:15 AM
Regigigas

Alex stared at Toliver he couldn't help but be extremely intimidated (she's the one who is gonna kill all of us but why is she feeding us fattening us up? I don't get it).
Old August 7, 2012, 02:26:50 PM
Shaymin

"Are you both hungry? I figured you'd all like a good meal." Tolliver handed each of them their food. She noticed Alex and Kayleigh were younger looking than her. "Excuse me. How old are you two?"
Old August 7, 2012, 02:35:03 PM
Regigigas

"Were both 14 why do you care?"Alex asked.
Old August 7, 2012, 06:55:00 PM
Shaymin

"Can you two come with me?" Tolliver wanted the opinion of her fellow hunters to allow the two to be out in the quarry. Fourteen was a little young for Tolliver's taste.
Old August 7, 2012, 07:41:18 PM
Regigigas

"Oh boy we get to go to the slaughter house"Alex replied
Old August 7, 2012, 08:45:47 PM
Kyurem

Joe finally arrived on his boat. He was already cut and bruised a couple times from the other "passengers" beating him up. Joe walked off the boat with his hands behind his back and followed the man who was directing him to the hunting area. "Why is it called hunting grounds?" Asked Joe. "Hahaha! You're going to be hunted." The man chuckled. "Wh-what?" Joe said as he began sobbing.

Last edited by Squirtle102; August 7, 2012 at 08:46:45 PM.
Old August 8, 2012, 07:14:37 AM
Keldeo

"I don't think she's that cruel.. She doesn't look it. I'm going to trust her.. For now." Kayleigh wanted to just run away, but she knew she couldn't. She wouldn't be able to fight back against Tolliver, so.. She decided not to, instead, she walked out of the door, to beside the older girl. "I'll come with you.."
Old August 8, 2012, 10:09:59 AM
Shaymin

"Okay. Follow me." Tolliver lead her up the stairs to the dining area. "Hey guys, this young lady is only fourteen. Personally I don't think it's right to hunt someone that young or fragile. Does someone want to take her as a hunting companion for a few days?"
Old August 8, 2012, 10:13:15 AM
Regigigas

Alex stood there. (At least she's not going to die this week but I don't want to hunt)
Old August 8, 2012, 09:48:56 PM
Kyurem

"Well here we are. In the middle of the hunting grounds. I'm sure I'll never see you again. Ta ta!" Said the man. "Wait, can't you take off my cuffs, I have a really irritating itch on my back." Said Joe. "Hmph... fine." Said the man as he unlocked Joe's handcuffs. "Thanks." Said Joe as the man began walking away. "See you around. Just kidding you'll be dead." Chuckled the man. "I don't think so." Said Joe as he grabbed a tomahawk out of the mans back pocket and jabbed him in the back of the neck with it. "If I'm not making it off this island, neither are you." Joe said as he took the tomahawk out of the mans neck.
Old August 9, 2012, 08:24:57 AM
Keldeo

"I'm not even sure she should be a companion, if she's that frail. Seeing people like her getting killed might drive her insane, or something." Konway looked, and sounded surprised.
Old August 9, 2012, 09:05:25 AM
Regigigas

"SO YOUR JUST GOING TO LET HER DIE!!!" Alex said
Old August 9, 2012, 11:56:46 AM
Keldeo

"Jeez, I'm not saying that." Konway replied, lifting up a hand. "And what are you, her older brother? Her guardian angel?"
Old August 9, 2012, 12:09:09 PM
Regigigas

'No but I am a person who finds this unfair"Alex said
Old August 9, 2012, 04:06:48 PM
Shaymin

"Konway, think logically. The girl learns how to hunt and gets used to death. You put her out a few days later, and she presents more of a challenge. I don't know about you, but I'd rather hunt someone with experience." Tolliver was so brutally honest when it came to hunting.

Rodney decided to took a quick stroll through the hunting grounds. Almost immediately he noticed Joe tomahawk some man. Rodney proceded with cautiously. "H..hello, sir. Might I be so kind as to ask your name?"
Old August 9, 2012, 05:50:36 PM
Regigigas

James was leaning against the wall. "Even if she gets taken under someones wing don't blame me if her blood is splattered on a tree"He said.
Old August 9, 2012, 06:46:44 PM
Kyurem

Jonathan spoke up. "How about we let them choose what they wanna do. Besides, they're gonna be stuck on this island until they get killed regardless."
Old August 10, 2012, 08:31:35 AM
Keldeo

Kayleigh didn't really know what to do. Jonathan was right. She was trapped on the island until they killed her either way, so it didn't really matter.. "..Why are you hunting humans, anyway..? Because you're rich and we're not? We're worth about as much as animals to you.. Aren't we?"
Old August 10, 2012, 08:42:29 AM
Regigigas

"No it's not like that the government just wants us gone so they do it under cover by having us murdered by the sickly insane"Alex said
Old August 10, 2012, 02:25:25 PM
Kyurem

"I'm Joe. Who might you be? Are you here for the same thing I am here for?" Joe said as he put the tomahawk in his pocket.
Old August 10, 2012, 03:36:27 PM
Shaymin

"I honestly don't give a f*** who you are outside of my quarry. The only thing I want to know is if you will present a challenge. Besides if I wanted something easy, you wouldn't get weapons. You can kill us just as we can kill you." Tolliver looked at Kayleigh. "And the reason I like to hunt humans is just that. They are smarter and more challenging than animals. Does that answer your question, deary?"

"Kind of. I was a servant for the Quinns, but my time as a servant has passed, so I will be hunted like you. I'm Rodney by the way. I'm sure Tolliver would like to meet you." Rodney nervously looked toward the house. He could only how Tolliver would react to a new toy. "Will you please follow me?"
Old August 11, 2012, 12:13:24 AM
Kyurem

"Who's Tolliver? I'm not just going to trust someone I just met." Joe looked at the dead body then back at Rodney. "I don't want to kill any person again. That pain was too much for me to take."
Old August 11, 2012, 05:28:27 AM
Keldeo

"..I suppose.." Kayleigh replied, quietly and flatly. These people were heartless, she concluded. But she'd better not give them the pleasure of letting them know, or getting angry or crying again. She had to be strong and survive.. And not kill anyone.
Old August 11, 2012, 02:11:03 PM
Shaymin

Tolliver nodded and turn around back toward the door. "Please excuse me. I have a little bit of business to attend to." As she exited, Tolliver immediately went down to the slave area and knocked on the door Rodney was supposed to be behind. When no answer came, Tolliver opened the door slowly and quietly. "Rodney?" To her shock, the room was empty, but she noticed the outside door was cracked when she turned around. She exited the house and started immediately yelling Rodney's name.

Rodney, as soon as the he heard his name, commented, "That's Tolliver." Rodney looked down at the dead body. "She might be lenient on you, but it's either kill or be killed out here."
Old August 11, 2012, 08:58:21 PM
Kyurem

"Well whatever happens, happens. Do you trust this Tolliver fellow?" Joe said as he looked around to see where Tolliver is coming from.
Old August 12, 2012, 10:55:04 AM
Shaymin

"I used to." Rodney looked at the rustling bushes in hope that it was Tolliver. When it was Tolliver, Rodney sighed. "This is Tolliver." Rodney looked to Joe. "This is Joe." Rodney started to leave.

Tolliver looked at Joe curiously. "How are you? Would you like to get cleaned up?" Tolliver noticed the dead body. Suddenly she gota little excited but kept her composure. "Did you do that?"