Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 24, 2011, 08:35:56 PM
Joltik

Default Braviary and Rufflet unable to battle in Wifi

For the longest time, I wasn't able to battle on Random Match.. after selecting "Free" and the game started receiving data, ect.. It kept giving me this error saying something close to this: "There is something wrong with your pokemon. They can't participate". So, I did some research and found out that alot of other people with this problem all had Rufflets and Braviarys. So did I. So, I took out my Braviary.. and low and behold, I was able to battle...

Now, I'd like to know how/why Braviary and Rufflet would be bugged? It's not that their banned, It's just an error, I'd assume.

Anyways, It's kinda crushing because Braviary is one of my most favorite pokemon ;w;

Would anyone happen to know how to fix this? I'd really like to battle with my Braviary.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is so, Which pokemon was causing it?
Old December 24, 2011, 09:20:34 PM

I think what caused that incident was that the Braviary knew the move Sky Drop. Sky Drop is a move that is not allowed to be used in Random wifi if my memory serves me correctly and therefore any pokemon that knows Sky Drop will be unable to battle in random wifi.
Old December 25, 2011, 12:25:27 AM
Joltik

Really? It's the move? I'll have to try it. My Braviary does know that move.
Old December 25, 2011, 01:39:15 AM
Giratina

Yeah, the reason for that is because a particular sequence of moves, with Sky Drop as the main trigger, will cause a glitch where the opponent who had Sky Drop used against them is unable to battle - It won't let them choose a move since the game assumes they're still in the air, but they never 'come back down' because they already are.

The same rule was in effect at last year's VGCs. Silly Game Freak.
Old December 25, 2011, 09:00:40 AM
Regigigas

In particular the sequence of moves Ningamer mentioned is Sky Drop followed by Gravity. But yeah, Sky Drop's been banned for a fairly long time as a result. A bit of a shame given how cool a move it is :/