Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 21, 2012, 12:25:32 PM

Default The blog of a Glaceon and his life

Welcome to my blog, where I will post most days and update the hectic and often times frustrating life I have. I won't have as much to post as others because of my nearly dead social life, but I'll still find stuff to post anyways!

10/21/2012
I've been graduated from high school for a good 5 months now and I still haven't been able to land even a part time job despite my hardest efforts. I know that our economy isn't great right now but you would think a part time, entry-level job wouldn't be this difficult to come by...and I've been 'promised' some jobs at Wal-Mart because my dad works there, yet I haven't gotten hired there either. (thanks dad, you sure are reliable).

Oh well, the only thing a person like me can do is to continue looking. I definitely won't get a job if I give up searching for one. Besides the failures in my job hunt, something else that has been annoying me is our house. Like, our house is falling apart. What I mean by this is that there's a portion of the roof that is starting to cave in from years of water damage, the floor in the kitchen has depressions that feel like they could give out at any moment, some of our doors have problems closing completely now...it's as if the entire foundation of our trailer has shifted dangerously.

I do have some good news to report, though! I'm going to get the opportunity to shop for new clothes in November. This is huge for me because I'm almost always wearing hand-me-down t-shirts and shorts. It might sound silly, but getting brand new t-shirts and pants is huge for me, especially since I won't have to put on clothes that barely fit me anymore.

One other thing I want to bring up for now is an event that happened last week when I was ordering some food at Subway. My mom gave me some money to go in and purchase two subs for lunch, and as I got in line I noticed some females in front of me (I assumed the older one was the mother of the younger one, the young girl looked about 12). I smiled and said "Hello, nice day today isn't it?" just to be friendly and social. They both glared at me with the most rude look on their faces, as if it was wrong of me to just make casual conversation. What is wrong with people today? Are people too mean and nasty to give a simple response to a nice comment? It feels like people in our society today are losing common courtesy.

Last edited by Cyrus; October 21, 2012 at 03:43:58 PM.
Old October 22, 2012, 05:40:36 PM

10/22/2012
I went to bed last night with a slight headache and woke up this morning with an excruciating one coupled with a sore throat and persistent coughing. I can't even talk without sounding like a lawn mower. So I'm officially sick, yaaaaay. It figures that my parents don't have anything in their medicine cabinet to help treat my symptoms. I can always rely on my parents being unreliable. Seriously, they don't even keep ibuprofen in stock...

Today went by painfully slow, probably because I've been feeling sick. I tried to kill the time playing Black 2 all day long. Since I'm only doing post game stuff now, I'm considering restarting my Black 2 file and playing the game all over again. But before I consider doing that, I want to get all seven eeveelutions on my current save file. I already have vaporeon, umbreon, espeon, and flareon. I just gotta get jolteon, leafeon and the always epic glaceon.

With the presidential elections inching closer and closer, I'm fretting having to listen to the media madness of whoever wins - Obama or Romney. Lolpoliticswhocarestheybothsuck.

And I guess that's all I got to say for today. So bye.

Last edited by Cyrus; October 22, 2012 at 05:40:47 PM.
Old October 23, 2012, 06:27:44 PM

10/23/2012
Just one more week til Halloween and I'm trying to finalize plans with my cousin so that she can host a halloween party at her house. The only obstacle in the way currently is that her mom will be working 4pm to 12am on the day of Halloween and she doesn't feel confident letting her host a party with people over if there won't be any adults present, which is an understandable concern. My cousin doesn't know her father sooo in case you were wondering, "well what about her dad, surely he could be the adult there to keep an eye on things"...yeah, that's out of the question. I've tried asking my mom if she would be willing to volunteer as the adult to attend the party so that there's at least one adult present, but she still has to check and see if her own work schedule will interfere or not.

My sickness has only continued to worsen with each day so far, but luckily I have finally gotten some medicine to help ease my sore throat and headache, so I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll be feeling a lot better. Still having to deal with an annoying cough, though. Another thing that has annoyed me is that the air conditioning in our living room has died. You would think that since it's almost November that it really wouldn't be needed, but our house still can get quite humid during the day.

I'm still retaining the hope that I will be able to go see my favorite team, the Carolina Panthers, play a home game on November 11th against the Denver Broncos. I haven't been to a Panthers football game in 4 years so I've been wanting to go to another for awhile now. My dad has been trying to find a good deal on tickets for over a month. It's not that tickets aren't available, but of course it's a money issue. 90% of our issues stem from lack of money around here.

To try and take my mind off the sickness I've been feeling lately, I spent all day today watching various "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" clips. I do this almost everyday regardless, but watching them when feeling sick is a good thing because all of the laughter. They do say laughter is the best medicine, even if your laughing sounds like a dying animal because of your horrific voice...

That's all this glaceon has to say for today.
Old October 24, 2012, 07:38:58 PM

10/24/2012
HEY
HEY SICKNESS
YEAH YOU
GO AWAY!

...with that out of the way, today was very bleh. I didn't really do anything but continue to lay around the house, watching some tv shows and youtube videos, hoping that my persistent cough would finally start to go away. Of course though that didn't happen.

By the way, why is it the sick one has to be the one who cleans the house? Both parents have work, yeah I understand that. But I'm freaking sick, so how about you do some cleaning SIS?!? Oh yeah, that's right I almost forgot...you're too busy getting high with your obnoxious boyfriend who does nothing but play XBox360 all day everyday when he is here. Why don't you or him try cleaning around here for once? Despite being sick, I did the dishes, took out the trash, and straightened up both the living room and my parent's room.

...end rant. My mood is suffering severely from this sickness. I wish there was a PokeDoll/SmokeBall for sickness, to you know...get away safely....[/terriblepun]

Last edited by Cyrus; October 24, 2012 at 07:40:00 PM.
Old October 27, 2012, 07:48:33 PM

10/27/2012
It seems that my voice is finally starting to return, although I still have a sore throat. But at least being able to talk more clearly is good, I guess. I also noticed my coughing isn't as frequent, but it's still lingering. I want to think that this medicine is actually working...maybe just very slowly. I spent the day watching college football, as I do every Saturday. Typical blowout games, as well thrilling down-to-the-wire and "that team just got robbed" games. I was watching one game between Tennessee vs. South Carolina, and the star runningback for South Carolina suffered one of the most terrible knee injuries I've ever seen in a football game. It was just gruesome...it made my leg hurt just looking at it. I hope he gets back to good health soon, because that injury was just nasty.

I haven't played Black 2 in quite awhile, probably because I've done quite a lot post game stuff and I'm loosing the urge to continue playing. I might just restart a new file soon and play the game all over again, or just keep my current save file as it is and just go around catching whatever the heck I can find. I just get bored with post game stuff quite easily.

I'm starting to question if the Halloween party plans I've been trying to secure are going to fail...my mom still doesn't know if she can have work off on that day, and if she can't swing it, then the party probably won't happen. I've sorta been looking forward to this party with my cousin, because I haven't been to a true Halloween costume party before. I guess that's all for now, so cya.
Old October 28, 2012, 07:53:52 PM

10/28/12
Luckily I am feeling a lot better today, with my cough lessening a considerable amount. My throat is still a bit sore, but I can talk normally now. Still though, I'm not 100%, and I may not be for a few days. With that said, I spent the day today filling out some job applications online at places like Target and Wal-Mart. My mom says that I'll go up to the store(s) to meet the employers and push for my hiring once I am feeling better.

Besides the job applications, I watched a Pay-Per-View for WWE Hell in a Cell. (yes, I watch wrestling. ) The show was...meh, not as exciting as I was hoping. I learned today that the halloween party I was trying to plan isn't going to happen because my mom has to work on halloween, which means she can't volunteer to watch over the party at my cousin's house. Oh well, maybe next year...

So now, I have to think what I want to do for halloween. As fate would have it, I registered on VR on halloween back in 2010, so even if I stay home and do nothing, at least I can be online and be surrounded by all the friends I have met in my 2 years since being here.
Old October 29, 2012, 07:54:36 PM

10/29/2012
As hurricane Sandy ravages the east coast, I'm sitting here wondering how much total damage will be done. I hope and pray everyone is alright and whatever damage is done can be fixed ASAP. My general area has remained untouched, outside some light rain here and there.

I watched a horror movie on tv today called "Pumpkinhead", and damn is it scary. For a 1988 movie, I didn't expect it to really spook me at all, but it did a good job. I'm probably going to watch more horror movies on Halloween now that the party I tried to salvage has been cancelled. I don't know what I'll watch yet, but I definitely won't be watching anything like Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street. That stuff has been recycled far too much and I've seen'em a dozen times.

Sharing an XBox360 with my sister's boyfriend can be frustrating sometimes. There are times where I'm bored and I want to play some Madden to pass the time, but he'll be busy playing Borderlands 2 with my sister. I would join them, but...uhh....I suck at it. Like, majorly. FPS style games aren't my strongpoint. I pretty much have to wait for them to go to bed so I can take the XBox until the living room to either play Madden or to try and get better at Borderlands.

Well, that's all I gotta blog about tonight, so cya. For anyone of you suffering the wrath of Sandy, please stay safe.
Old October 30, 2012, 07:15:06 PM

10/30/2012
Oh look, Halloween is tomorrow...hooray, I get to stay home and watch movies and shoo away kids who may knock on the door because we won't have any candy to give. I heard that turning off all your outside lights means that trick-or-treat'ers won't show up at your doorstep, but that's not the case where we live. Last year we turned off all the outside lighting and we still had at least 4 or 5 groups of kids come knockin'.

Soooo today was another bleh day, all I really did was a lot of art browsing on DA while playing Black 2. A rather boring day with nothing of real importance to blog about. I guess I can note that the next few days should be more eventful for me, as I have to go visit some more places and ask about job availability at a few stores.

I've noticed that YouTube has been changing yet again, for the worse. Rumors about a new layout (which I haven't yet been hit with) and it might just be my own internet lagging but videos load much slower lately. Whatever the case may be, with each day that goes by I sincerely miss old YouTube more and more. Like, YouTube from 2008 and older...that's what I miss.
Old October 31, 2012, 06:10:03 PM

10/31/2012
Halloween is here. I hope everyone celebrated the holiday in their special own way. Myself? I stayed home and watched the original Night of the Living Dead and The Little Shop of Horrors. As expected, a few kids came knocking asking for candy, and I didn't want to disappoint them...so I rummaged through the kitchen and gave them starburst, the only candy-like thing I could find. Luckily I didn't have to give much of anything since only a few kids stopped by, because the few pieces of starburst was the only thing I could find.

I went out today with my sister to talk to the employers of a local Wal-Mart and Target, hoping to leave a good impression and hope they hire me. It's become routine to apply online, visit the employers, wait and see if they offer an interview...and so far only one place as even gave me an interview, and that went no where. So I'll just have to keep trying I guess.

I was curious to see what the kids/young teens in my neighborhood decided to dress up as, so me and my sister drove around our trailer park to see. I saw a lot of typical costumes like witches and princesses, but I did spot one boy wearing what I could recognize as the outfit from the Oppa Gangnam style video...even though I don't like gangnam style, it was funny to see someone dressed up as Psy. I was hoping to maybe see some kids in pokemon costumes, but I didn't see any. Oh well.

Last edited by Cyrus; October 31, 2012 at 06:10:46 PM.
Old November 1, 2012, 07:51:56 PM

11/1/2012
Yaaaay, November is upon us. It's one of my most favorite months of the year. Football season at it's midway point, college basketball starting up...well, those are just some of the reasons why I like November, I'm sure not a lot of people around here share my interest in sports.

I've been playing a lot of Need for Speed: Most Wanted lately, and I can honestly say that it's quickly becoming one of my favorite non-nintendo, non-EA sports related video games. Outside of MKWii, I'm not much for racing games, but I do enjoy senseless driving and crashing! I guess that's why I also enjoy playing GTA: San Andreas on occasion, heh...so pretty much in this Need for Speed game, you can either drive in races to ascend a "Most Wanted" list, or you can just drive around and smash into cop cars and oncoming traffic. For some reason, such a simple formula and yet it produces hours of entertainment.

I recently discovered a cool tv show called "Magic's Greatest Secret's Finally Revealed" through YouTube, and I must say, it's easy to waste countless hour watching the episodes in chronological order...some might think that magicians and their tricks loose all credibility when the secrets are revealed, but I think it just makes the illusion of magic all that more interesting. It's also fun to try and guess the secret behind the tricks before the answer is revealed, only to find out you were dead wrong and the secret behind the smoke and mirrors is something no one expected. tl;dr cool and interesting show.

Last edited by Cyrus; November 1, 2012 at 07:55:26 PM.
Old November 3, 2012, 02:34:48 PM

11/3/2012
I didn't bother updating yesterday because literally nothing happened that was worth blogging about, and even though today wasn't all that different, I do have some stuff to say.

Firstly, I have finally landed my second job interview, this being with Target. It is scheduled for next Friday at 11:00am. I really hope that this is the job I get because the hours aren't bad and it is a fairly close distance from my house...of course though, I would not be surprised if I don't get the job. At least I can build off my last interview and do a better job this time around.

Secondly, my sickness is all but completely gone. I'm not coughing at all and my voice is perfectly fine. I would have blogged this yesterday but felt it was pointless if it was the only thing I said.

I guess that's all for now, but I'll just leave this here for anyone who wants to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L4Rixya64 just one of my favorite songs.
Old November 4, 2012, 07:38:27 PM

11/4/2012
I had a rather good day today, thanks mostly to the fact I voice chatted with LD and Syra. It's always a good day when you can hang out and derp around with close friends. We played some lulzy games together, and watched LD doodle random stuff on her stream.

I also watched a lot of football today, and I'm retaining the hope that I can go to a Carolina Panthers football game next Sunday. It's looking bleak, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm thinking about whether or not I should finally try my hand at remixing, but I know absolutely nothing about music-y stuff and I don't know what program would be good for a beginner who doesn't know how to do ANYTHING. I'm also wanting to get back into competitive battling for BW2, but I need a team first of all...as well as some freakin' confidence. I left the metagame because I was tired of being on a long losing streak.
Old November 7, 2012, 09:02:46 PM

11/8/2012
I've been spending the past couple nights voice chatting with LugiaDialga and Syra/A'bom, so for once in a long time I'm totally NOT bored! Nothing much has happened in terms of "omg must update blog because this is significant", but I do have a few general things to say.

THANK GOD THE ELECTIONS ARE OVER. I am not happy with Obama winning, but at the same time, I wouldn't have been too thrilled if Romney had won either. I just hope that the next four years won't cripple our already struggling economy. I do though want to take this moment to facepalm at all the adults I've seen online, whether it be twitter, deviantart, yahoo, youtube, etc. that have acted like immature morons. Never in my life have I witnessed voters being so obnoxious and rude, for both political party sides might I add - both conservatives and liberals. I don't have a problem with people voting, but why must people make a fool of themselves by saying something like "OMG IF ROMNEY WINS OUR COUNTRY IS RUINED" or "IF OBAMA WINS SAY GOODBYE TO ALL YOUR RIGHTS"? It annoys me. A LOT.

Last edited by Cyrus; November 8, 2012 at 10:21:56 AM.
Old November 9, 2012, 03:17:33 PM

11/9/2012
I visited my mom's uncle this afternoon. He is an 86 year old World War II veteran, so seeing him was very special. I hadn't seen him in person since I was probably 5 or 6 years old, so I had almost no memory of him prior to today. He's nice as can be, and he had some very thrilling stories to tell from his days serving in the military. I'm glad I got to see him, because he is very old and probably won't be around for much longer considering he has battled bladder cancer the past couple years. The good news is that it's currently in remission, but he is still weak and sick. I also find it ironic that I got to visit a family member who is a war veteran with Veteran's Day just around the corner.
Old November 12, 2012, 10:59:54 AM

11/12/2012
Yay for not updating in a few days...I would if anything of significance had happened to me, but it's been quite boring lately with no real things happening that are worth mentioning, but I do have a few things to say for today.

My younger cousin Austin visited us the other day, and it's amazing how quickly he has grown. I last saw him about 4 or 5 months ago, and after having seen him the other day, he had to have grown at least half a foot, and his voice got A LOT deeper. It's crazy, but not surprising.

I've been having a good time hanging out with LD, among other people, just derpy fun and stuff. x3 Me and LD have been laughing together at a lolzing inside joke about Pidgeot being called "manlocks". It's complicated but just know that it's funny. ( also Syra LOVES Registeel )
Old November 15, 2012, 05:37:10 PM

11/15/2012
Today was a good day for me I guess. I went up to gamestop with my sister and bought two pre-owned football games for the 360, so that gives me something new to play and kill time on. One thing I noticed though, is that the jokes about trading in games at gamestop...well, they're true. My sister was trading in two 360 games, and was only given the option for $4 cash or $7 store credit. Seriously? That's almost criminal that they are allowed to do that. I know that gamestop still needs to make money and stuff, but...that's just lame.

I applied to a fast-food chain called Cookout earlier today. I generally hate applying to fast food places, but this place is different. It's a drive-thru style place that doesn't have any sort of in-door dining, so it's not as bad I guess. *shrugs* Knowing my luck, I still won't get the job anyways...
Old November 17, 2012, 03:35:47 PM

11/17/2012
So today, I was outside my house to pick up some trash in our front yard, and I noticed that lots of our neighbor's yards had fallen leaves, trash, etc. So I had a random idea in my mind...I went to a few neighbor's and offered my services to rake their leaves, clean up their yards a bit, etc. I'm not sure how all of these yards got trash all over the place, maybe some stray dogs have been around getting into people's garbage. But yeah, they agreed to pay me some money to pick up the litter, which is cool. A little manual labor to get some quick bucks is always nice, especially since I still haven't found a part time job yet. Which, speaking of, I already got word back from Cookout and they told me in e-mail that they currently aren't hiring at any local establishments...bleh...my luck.

Last edited by Cyrus; November 17, 2012 at 03:35:58 PM.
Old November 19, 2012, 11:29:42 AM

11/19/2012
My cousin Austin is visiting us today, which is cool I guess. I don't have a brother, so having a youthful male cousin who enjoys video games as much as I do is just as good. We even did some trading on our Pokemon Black 2 games, haha. x3 I would battle him, but uh...I'm an experienced wifi battler and he isn't, so it wouldn't be a challenge.

I've noticed that one of my toes on my left foot is beginning to swell a bit...weird, because I don't remember bumping it or anything. Something must have bitten me. It's becoming really puffy and I can't hardly bend it without it hurting. If it doesn't get any better in a few days...I don't know, I might ask my parents to see if it's something that a doctor should check out.
Old November 21, 2012, 10:36:41 AM

11/21/2012
Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and I hope everyone has plans to have a nice meal with their family. But food aside, be sure not to forget the meaning of this holiday: to share thanks and be grateful for what you have. I've got a lot to be thankful for this year, such as graduating high school, having an XBox360 to currently play, and not to sound cheesy, but the VR community and all the friends I have made here. Of course there are tons of other things I could list, but I don't this blog entry to be nothing but a block of text about everything I am thankful for.

Despite the generally positive vibe for Thanksgiving tomorrow, I'm beginning to receive a lot of grief and flack coming from my parents over my inability to land a job yet. As hard as I have tried over all these months, I still haven't been successful. And it's not like I haven't applied to a lot of places or anything. I have applied to nearly every workplace I am capable of working at that is a reasonable driving distance from my house. My parents are starting to become impatient though, and they have the impression that I'm not trying hard enough. The last thing I need is for them to be whining at me over this, because I'm already upset at myself for not having a job yet, and this added pressure from my parents won't help at all. If anything, it only adds to my frustration...things aren't going to end well if this persists.
Old November 24, 2012, 11:34:19 AM

11/24/2012
Soooo I just learned the other day that my sister and her boyfriend Ryan are going to get legally married on December 14th. Great, good for them, but they also said that they won't be moving out for another 6 or 8 months. Seriously? If you are going to become married, could you at least get your own freakin' place already instead of crashing here? I hate to sound like I want to run out my sister, but as some of you may know I have been forced to sleep on a couch for years, and if they finally moved out I could take her room. I really don't understand why they think that it's okay to stay here for so long after tying the knot. *sighs* well, I don't want to end this blog entry on a negative note, so I guess I should mention that I have string cheese to nom on.
Old December 1, 2012, 09:40:22 AM

12/1/2012
Jeez, I haven't updated in a week. Well, I would have by now if anything has happened to me that was worth talking about...I swear this past week has been slow and boring. Anyways, I guess I can at least talk about the upcoming Christmas holiday. My older half-brother and his wife will be visiting us in a few days...joy...unless none of you know, I hate him with a passion. I won't go into details about why, but he has done terrible things to me and my family in the past, so having to see him again won't be that fun. I'll have to put on a false smile and act like I care about seeing him again.

I'm probably going to bring in the christmas tree today and get it set up in the living room. We've been using the same one for the past 4 or 5 years. Every year we just store it in a shack in our backyard. It's not that much of a big deal to me, but I would like to get a new tree sometime soon because this one is starting to get beat up. It's a cute little tree when it's decorated nicely and stuff, but it's just...used too much.
Old December 7, 2012, 08:37:42 AM

12/7/2012
please ignore this all-caps rage if it doesn't interest you...but, YOUTUBE'S NEW LAYOUT IS UGLY AND IT MAKES MY EYES BURN, AND WHY THE HELL HAVE THAT STUPID "WHAT TO WATCH" TAB WITH SUBSCRIPTIONS UNDERNEATH IT, I FREAKING KNOW WHAT I WANT TO WATCH, MY SUBSCRIPTIONS. LIKE SERIOUSLY YOUTUBE, NOW I HAVE TO CLICK THROUGH 3 DIFFERENT THINGS JUST TO SEE WHAT THE HELL MY SUBSCRIPTIONS HAVE RECENTLY UPLOADED, YOU ARE MAKING THINGS WORSE WITH EVERY LAYOUT CHANGE AND YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME THAT YOU LIKE MAKING THESE CHANGES EVERY FREAKING TIME I JUST BEGIN TO GET USED TO THE PREVIOUS LAYOUT. OH, AND THE VIDEO PAGE LAYOUT LOOKS UGLY TOO, WHY HAVE VIDEO TITLES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE VIDEO NOW? THAT'S JUST UNNECESSARY. AND REMOVING THE "VIEW ALL COMMENTS" PAGE WAS ALSO A DUMB MOVE. IN SUMMARY, YOU MADE MORE BAD CHANGES THAN YOU DID GOOD IMPROVEMENTS. THE NEW LAYOUT IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

*pants* ok....I'm finished.

Last edited by Cyrus; December 7, 2012 at 08:38:24 AM.
Old December 10, 2012, 08:06:19 PM

12/11/2012
Christmas is inching closer and closer, and yet...I don't know why, but it doesn't feel as special as it did last year. I might just be losing the christmas spirit, or I just don't look forward to it as much, blargh...one thing that has bothered me is my inability to buy presents for my close friends, due to a lack of money. I really want to gift them something, ANYTHING, just because I want them to be happy, but I just don't have the cash to go out and buy anything. The little money I have in my bank account wouldn't hardly be sufficient enough to purchase a new packet of socks for crying out loud...so because of this, I'm a bit down and upset that I can't try and make my close friends feel happy. And the feeling worsens if I receive anything from them because then I feel terrible that I don't have anything to gift them in return. Sigh..

If I just had a freaking job none of this would be a problem...
Old December 15, 2012, 08:38:48 PM

12/16/2012
I hate my parents sometimes.

Tonight, I got yelled at by them for "not doing the dishes correctly". WHAT. THE.HELL. I used fresh, hot water, and cleaned them thoroughly. What is their problem. It's like they are trying to find reasons to scream and yell at me for absolutely no reason at all. This getting on my last nerves. I can't keep taking this crap from them on an almost nightly basis. I was even having a someway decent day, but then they decide to get on my case over nothing and ruin my good mood. Thanks alot..
Old December 17, 2012, 10:53:58 AM

12/17/2012
Well, we're just a week til Christmas Eve, and 8 days til Christmas. Looking back, I can't believe how quickly 2012 has gone by. It feels like it only started a few months ago. I've been contemplating how 2013 is going to be for me...hopefully I will be able to get a job somewhere once all the holiday season hype is done and over with.

I'm going over to my grandma's house this Friday. It'll be a christmas-time family dinner. We do this every year with my grandma of course, but this year it's going to feel very different since my sister now has a fiance...which she is going to be marrying in January. They originally had it planned out to go downtown and get legally married on the 14th of this month, but some setbacks happened, and they rescheduled for January. Still, I'm curious to see how the dinner will play out. I don't think my grandma has been around my sister's fiance a lot. And the fact I have to pretty much consider him my "brother-in-law"...it's...it's just weird.
Old December 24, 2012, 02:30:17 PM

12/24/2012
Since I'm likely going to be busy spending time with my family tomorrow (as I assume most other forum members will be doing as well), I might as well just wish everyone a Merry Christmas right now. So uhh, yeah...Merry Christmas! I wish you all have a happy and joyful one, and I hope you all are satisfied with both giving and receiving your gifts. I don't have much else to say in this one blog entry, so bye for now!

P.S. - If any of you get pokemon plushies for Christmas...I'm jelly >:V (nah, just kidding, I'm content with my glaceon one. x3)

Last edited by Cyrus; December 24, 2012 at 02:30:28 PM.
Old January 6, 2013, 12:27:13 AM

1/6/2013
My first blog entry of the new year...it's going to be weird having to enter "2013" instead of "2012" into the dates at the top from now on. But anyways, let's get to the point of what I am blogging about. As of the 4th of January, my sister is now legally married. She has recently got hired for a job as a receptionist at a hotel, which she will begin working at this Monday. I...I can't believe that she is lucky enough to find a new job after being unemployed for only 2 months...

..Yet I've been searching ever since last summer and haven't gotten a job yet! I don't mean to sound jealous, because I am generally happy for her, but this only lessens the already downward spiraling confidence I have in my own ability to find a job. I mean sure, people with prior work experience have a better chance at getting hired somewhere else...it's just disheartening. I feel useless. I feel hopeless. I'm a 19 year old who has never had a job before...who desperately NEEDS to have one...and no one out there is giving me a chance, no one is giving me the opportunity. Of course life isn't always fair, but at this point life is simply not being reasonable to me anymore. I'm at a loss.

Last edited by Cyrus; January 6, 2013 at 12:27:39 AM.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:03:29 AM

1/19/2013
I really need to blog more often. To be fair, nothing much has been happening for me lately, but still....13 days since my last post isn't good, is it?

/searchingforsomethingtotalkabout...

My father is a moron.

Of course I love him, but sometimes he is just a complete bonehead. Okay, so, we have some bags of trash in the kitchen that we were supposed to load up into one of our cars today so we can take it off to the dump (we don't have trash service). My dad tells me to get all the bags into the car. I do so, and come back into the house to tell him I'm done and we can go now. He then tells me that we're not taking the trash off today. Confused, I ask him what purpose does loading the trash into the car serve if we aren't taking it off today. He then orders me to take the trash back OUT of the car and back into the kitchen. At this point I'm frustrated so I snap at him "if you want the trash back in here you do it then." Soooo from there it just turns into this huge argument...I go through typical stuff like this every week.

But on a much happier note, a very happy birthday today to our fellow VR staff member LugiaDialga! She turns 19 today.
Old January 31, 2013, 01:48:24 PM

1/31/2012
I got a haircut today, a much needed one. I hate it when my hair gets too long to where it begins to drape over my eyesight. Oh, and I also got a phone call from a local diner, scheduling me for an interview next Friday. This really excites me, this might finally be my chance at a job I've been searching for ever since this past summer. But, I can't get my hopes up too much, every other potential job so far for me has fallen through...oh well. Still, it's an interview, so it's a good thing.

Yesterday, I saved my dog Brandy from being mauled by neighboring dogs. Brandy is small, still a puppy really...and we keep her inside our house all the time. Yesterday though, she got out the front door, where there are neighboring dogs much bigger than her who could potentially hurt or even kill her. I acted fast and ran outside and scooped Brandy up before the other dogs could do anything. It scared me a lot, but I'm just glad she's safe. (for a small dog, she can run really fast...)
Old February 5, 2013, 03:59:15 PM

2/5/2013
I'm just a few days away from the interview that I first found out about on the 31st of January...and well, as usual, I'm nervous. I'm not as nervous as I was the first time I got a chance at an interview, but I'm still anxious about it. I just hope I get the job...I can't cook to save my life, and it is a diner, but hell if it's just a job such as cashier/waiter then I'd settle for it..

Oh, and I learned last night that because I'm not in school currently, my parents are unable to claim me on their tax returns this year. That alone is going to cost my family a good $3k if you can believe it...I don't understand taxes that much, but I feel horrible. That's money my family desperately needs, and we won't be getting it because of me...
Old March 6, 2013, 09:31:01 PM

3/7/2013
...a month.

An entire month.

I have not updated this blog. IN A MONTH? What is wrong with me...

I apologize, this blog kinda just...slipped my mind. I'll try to not go another month before updating it again, heh..hehehe...uuaagh. So I guess I should talk about what has been going on with me lately. Let's start out with this interesting tidbit: I had a job for all of 12 days. I got hired on Valentine's Day at a hotel and was fired on the 26th. I won't bother to go into details, but...yeah...I had a job for less than two weeks. I was devastated at first, but I'm okay now. I still got a paycheck though, and a second paycheck is still pending, which I've been told to pick up from the hotel this upcoming Tuesday.

So, I'm right back where I started, in search for work...again. I guess I at least have work experience now...right? If being employed for only 12 days counts as "experience"...I might be better off not mentioning my employment to this hotel in job applications, because what good would it serve? "Yeah I would like to get this job...past work experience? Oh yeah, I was employed for 12 days at a hotel..." I imagine that would not come off as a good thing to the employer reading the application...

In other news, it's March, which means spring is coming soon, which is my least favorite of all the seasons. Why? Because. BECAUSE. OH GOD NO.
Old March 12, 2013, 08:21:20 PM

3/13/2013
The past week has gone by quickly for me it seems, but I guess that's because I'm back at home everyday...I got so used to getting up in the morning to go to work, that now I'm stuck doing nothing once again, my days go by quickly, but unfulfilled. But the good news is that my dad has been trying harder to get put in a good word for me with his employers at Wal-Mart.

If I get hired there...potentially working with my dad? I don't hate that idea, but it's going to be weird. Who knows, maybe if I get hired at Wal-Mart they'll have me do stuff completely unrelated to what my dad does (which is Lawn and Garden) and I might not even get to see him all that much during the workdays. Of course on the other hand though, if I get hired there I can very easily end up working alongside with him on whatever, and...well, it would be interesting to see how that goes.

On a different note, I'm supposed to receive the last of the money my other job still owes me tomorrow. Not sure how much it's going to be...I just hope it'll be enough to maybe buy myself a lil somethin' somethin'. The rest of it, as well as the other money from the paycheck I first got, is going straight to my savings. I don't know what I'm saving up for. And I don't care. If anything, I can put it in my savings so that my parents can't touch it.
Old March 18, 2013, 08:07:55 PM

3/19/2013
It would appear that I might be close at getting another job. My sister told her boss about my prior situation at my former employer, and he graciously offered to meet me and consider me for a job at one of his company's hotels. Yeah, it's another hotel gig. At least this time though I have some experience, and although it's only about two weeks of experience it's better than nothing right? All I have to do is fill out the application and he said he would likely hire me. I'm also generally surprised that my sister put in a good word for me like that...

Something that has been bothering me a lot lately is the roof in the living room. The trailer we live in is.....aged.....and there are various areas that are becoming troublesome, but none more than the roof. A part of it has caved in and it leaks when it rains, even if it's just a light drizzle. Plus, the section where the roof leaks is almost directly underneath the chair I sit in when I'm on my laptop in the living room. You can just imagine how irritating that is. But the roof isn't the only problem. Like I said, other spots in our trailer are getting bad, such as portions of the kitchen floor and the backporch.
Old March 25, 2013, 01:06:17 AM

3/25/2013
I've spent the past 4 days watching the NCAA College Basketball Tournament, and man has it been exciting. My favorite team (Duke, a #2 seed) has advanced to the Sweet 16, which really isn't all that surprising given how good Duke is almost every year, but this tourney has been defined by all the lower seeds. Florida Gulf Coast, a university that has only been eligible for the NCAA Tournament for two years, is also in the Sweet 16...oh, and they're a #15 seed. The only #15 seed to ever get this far before. Besides them, there's #13 La Salle and #9 Wichita State. It's just been fun and hectic to watch so far. [/endsportsrantthatnooneherecaresabout]

So other than me being the sports obsessed fanatic I am, this past week has been very blah. I was kinda hoping to hear something back from my sister's boss, since I met him and sent in an application about 4 days ago...but nope, no phone call, no e-mail, no nothin'. It's a bit too early to worry, but...another 3-4 days with no answer and I'll just probably have to assume he doesn't want me after all and move on.
Old May 18, 2013, 03:09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
3/7/2013
...a month.

An entire month.

I have not updated this blog. IN A MONTH? What is wrong with me...
5/18/2013
Way to go me, I've now gone nearly TWO MONTHS without an update! I have serious updating problems.

I've been in a rather good mood since last night, since I learned that my sis and her husband are FINALLY going to move out in like 2 weeks. They are going down to Texas to be with his side of the family. This not only means that I'll have my own room for the first time in my life, but my own bed for the first time since about...when I was in the 6th grade. THESE TWO WEEKS CAN'T PASS BY FAST ENOUGH. I don't want to sound cynical for being so happy to see my sister move out, but...I just am. Because now I can have something very basic, a good night's sleep, on a nightly basis.

Oh, and I'm close to -possibly- getting a new laptop. I'm saving up as much money as I can from my job's payments, and I predict that sometime this summer, I'll have enough to get myself a new laptop. I'm not tech savvy, but I do know what I need - anything that is an upgrade to what my current specs are. Which, in case you were wondering, are horrible. 1.00 GHz, 2GB Ram, and a crap processor. I don't imagine it will cost that much to get a laptop that can do better than that, right? I'm not going to invest in a laptop that's, like, $800. Something around maybe $300 - $500 would be fine. And I'm sticking to Windows 7, because 8 is still too fresh with mixed reviews.

Last edited by Cyrus; May 20, 2013 at 12:44:49 PM.
Old May 20, 2013, 12:50:30 PM

5/20/13
WHY IS IT RAINING SO FREAKING MUCH
Seriously, it's rained like...every day the past week. I actually like it when we get rain every now and then, but not when it's every..single..day. I especially don't like this excessive amount of rain because it makes the roof leak, and the spot that leaks the most is almost directly underneath me where I sit at my laptop. Oh well, at least this means the silly weatherman can't declare our region as "drought status". Is it just me, or do the meteorologists always try to make it seem like it's either 'too much rain' or 'not enough rain'? I don't know, maybe it's just me, maybe it's just North Carolina, but that's what it seems like.

What's also been kinda weird for me, is around this time each year would be the typical 'countdown to school getting out' for students. I'm so accustomed to being ready for summer vacation at this time of year, but not being in school has left me with a very...strange feeling. It's almost June and I haven't been thinking about ANYTHING summer related.
Old July 22, 2013, 08:52:49 PM

7/23/2013
HOLY CRAP THIS NEEDS SERIOUS UPDATING
Even though my last update was 2 months ago, it's STILL been raining a lot this summer. Well, not as much this past week, but this is easily the rainiest spring/summer I can ever recall experiencing. I hope this means that it will snow a lot this winter...

I've been 'considered' for a promotion at my job, which is kinda cool I guess. Nothing is for certain, but if I do get it, it'll be a raise and hopefully a more flexible schedule. I appreciate the recognition of my hard work a lot, and I hope that my manager continues to see that I'm working hard. She's a bit tough at times to please...

Oh, and my family and I are planning to go see The Eagles perform live in concert this November, which will easily be the most epic concert I'll have ever been to (if we do end up going). For anyone who haven't listened to any of The Eagles songs, well...you're missing out. They can JAM. It's especially sweet that if I do get to see them, because this is rumored to be their last tour (they aren't exactly young anymore).

Last edited by Cyrus; July 22, 2013 at 08:53:22 PM.
Old August 6, 2013, 06:07:34 PM

8/6/2013
I'm starting to get a little fed up with my job. Well, not the cleaning rooms part...even though that's not exactly ideal...what I mean is, lately the housekeeper cardkeys don't freaking work, so I have to make numerous trips downstairs to the front desk and get working ones. It might not sound like that big of a deal, but with all the rooms I have to clean daily, it takes up a good chunk of my time. The laundry is rarely done on time, so I have to wait on the towels to get washed, dried, and folded...THEN go back up to the clean rooms later in the day and THEN put the towels in. Everything is choppy and unorganized. And you'd think my manager would admit this and try to get things in order? Nope, she's under the assumption that the hotel is running fine. Tch.

Oh, and here's a doozy - I'm made to do trash duty on weekends. Why? Because the porter who works at the hotel always has weekends off on the schedule. Okay, I'd be fine with that, but why do I have to do it every time? Technically, my manager said that HOUSEKEEPERS have to do that when the porter isn't working. She didn't say me, specifically. Why do the other housekeepers get a free pass? It's not like they can't do it, physically. It's just taking out trash. I'm not trying to complain too much here...just....ehh. I'm just tired of this job. And I need some string cheese.

Last edited by Cyrus; August 6, 2013 at 06:08:32 PM.
Old October 7, 2014, 01:57:19 PM

10/07/2014
It's been almost two months since I posted -anything- here on VR, and it's been well over a YEAR since I last updated this blog. Soooo I guess I should? I don't even know if anyone does these blogs anymore or not...or if anyone cares to read them.

*shrugs* Anyways, my life has undergone small changes. I'm now in an apartment with my family, my sister will give birth to her first child in November around Thanksgiving, I'm juggling two jobs just to help with rent payments, and I'm still in a rather depressed mood at the end of the day. Not that I've exactly been the happiest and happy-go-lucky of folks to start with, but my life feels like it's in a purgatory. I'm not satisfied with anything I do. I have a constant feeling of talentless that keeps my self-esteem to a low level. I'm almost 21 and I feel like I'm almost in a mid-life crisis inexplicably.

It's often said that you shouldn't worry about where you are in your life when you're so young, because you have time to change where you're going. But the problem is that I've been running around in circles for years. My tires are spinning in the mud. I can't get a better job until I get a college education. But I can't afford college because I have to support my family. And I can't branch out and just focus on my future at the expense of those around me. My sister is pregnant and with the arrival of her child, I'll have to work even more to help them out.

So why don't my sister and her husband move out and try to support themselves? Because they tried already in 2013, but bailed and moved back in with us 2 months later. They prefer living with my parents and I. They prefer being a financial burden to us. And my parents don't mind. The fact I'm the only person who has an issue with it is ignored. My opinion is moot. They're married and almost parents, yet they leech off us because it's convenient. Not for me, not for my parents, but for them.

So yeah, my life is pretty bleak. Still anti-social, still struggling with depression. The arrival of Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby and Smash Bros for the 3DS are the only things that can cause me to crack a smile, and even then I won't be getting either games until November/December. And even after I do, those will be the only things to distract me from the real life I hate to be in.
Old November 8, 2014, 11:05:51 AM

11/08/2014
Well, I'm feeling a little bit better about my situation. My sis is due around Thanksgiving and idk, I'm just trying to be as indifferent and neutral about it as I possibly can. Still...it's going to suck having a crying infant 10 feet from my room. I'm happy for her, I'm not trying to sound like I'm not. I just personally believe this was not the opportune time for them to have a baby with everything going on.

On a good note, I've received positive performance checks at work. I might just be a cashier, but I go out of my way to help the elderly with their bags and other generic friendly customer service stuff. I hope this translates to a raise soon...

Oh, and I had random doodles today. At the advice of A'bom I decided to practice some drawings. I'm still a looooong ways away from being good at it, whatsoever, but it's a start right?

Last edited by Cyrus; November 8, 2014 at 11:07:31 AM.
Old August 18, 2015, 07:55:39 PM

8/18/2015
Hey, it's August 2015 and I haven't posted in here all year long yet. Time to fix that.

Ready for a swerve?

I just had arguably the best week in my life in a long time.

It certainly started with a surprise. The day seemed like any other, I was just working a shift at the grocery store. It's about 9:00pm. A customer comes into the store and mentioned she heard what sounded like a cat meowing outside in the parking lot, but it was weak. We went outside and investigated, and eventually found the source of the cries.

It was a baby kitten....laying unceremoniously in the recycling bin. In. the. recycling. bin. My heart sank. The poor guy was clearly thrown in there, as he wasn't nearly old enough to have made his way inside on his own power. We took him out the recycling bin and placed him in a cardboard box outside the store with a free kitten sign, but after a few minutes of almost crying myself, I called my parents and told them the story. I didn't even need to ask them permission - they, too, were heartbroken.

We took him home that night. Razor's doing wonderful now that he has a home.

So yeah, that was an overwhelming mix of emotions but ultimately ends on a high note. If that alone had happened for this week, and nothing else of significance occurred, I would have been pleased as is. But, to my astonishment, my week got better. A few days afterwards, I was in the store off the clock just to buy myself lunch. My manager sees me and flags me down. With literally no hints given, she just bluntly informs me that I'm being promoted to the customer service desk. I had been, for over a year and since the day I was hired, just a cashier. I've been training on the customer service desk for a few days now. More hours, 10% raise, and I'm honestly still soaking it all in. I know it might not seem like a big deal to some, going from cashier to customer service desk seeing as how you still deal with rude customers either way, but it's the fact my manager has the confidence in me...and the appreciation that I've worked my butt off even as just a cashier, for about a year now. The hard work is paying off, even if it means I have to work harder now. I have a quote from my last blog post to follow up on...

Quote:

On a good note, I've received positive performance checks at work. I might just be a cashier, but I go out of my way to help the elderly with their bags and other generic friendly customer service stuff. I hope this translates to a raise soon...
It certainly did.

So, two wonderful things back to back. The other things that happened this week weren't nearly as huge, and don't have the same magnitude, but were still awesome. I got tickets to a college football game for Duke vs. Northwestern on Sept. 19th, and then just yesterday, I won $80 on a lottery ticket I bought for my dad. Sure, he got half of it, but I still won $40 I wouldn't have had originally.

So...phew. A really amazing week. Something like this is something I really needed to help boost my meddling depression and general negativity.
Old August 18, 2015, 09:13:49 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
in the recycling bin. In. the. recycling. bin.
brb soaking head in toilet for a few hours. Glad you were able to save it, though!