Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 28, 2012, 10:52:18 AM
Kyurem

Default Twiggy's Side Blog

In addition to a WordPress blog that I maintain, sometimes, there exist things that are more minor that I'd skip the WP and just post it here. Contents may or may not be interesting to everyone, but it will be guaranteed to be safe.

Probably involves a lot of TurtwigBuizelZoruaHaxorusVictini. And computers.
Old October 30, 2012, 12:53:36 AM
Kyurem

I seriously think that my network is on the fritz for the entire week or something. It seems like the HSPA network is not responding most of the time, forcing me to either disable 3G (bad) or nudge my router just enough (emphasis on just) to get the signal to be not strong enough to maintain a HSPA connection.

What a mess. So many dropped connections and broken downloads... Campus Wi-Fi isn't any good when you're in your own room, just too far away to use it properly.

---

Random Question:
Floatzel or Zoroark? State why!
Old October 30, 2012, 01:37:25 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Random Question:
Floatzel or Zoroark? State why!
Zoroark. Mainly for the reason that I dark types the best. But I will admit, water pokemon are pretty awesome. I have always picked them as a starter. But Zoroark is too close to me to reject it.
Old November 1, 2012, 10:38:05 AM
Kyurem

Hmm...

I need a good Pokémon-themed name for my phone. Any suggestions?
(I've noticed that I can pull the exact same trick as Cat333Pokémon pulled on one of his USB devices by renaming the device. The phone shows up in Device Manager as *user's own phone name* after setting it up)
Old November 3, 2012, 04:59:38 AM
Kyurem

I think I must be the one person in Victory Road that doesn't really care about Halloween. Am I right, or am I wrong? Hope I'm wrong about this...

On another topic, I think I might want to remove the dirty cover protecting my phone and ditch it. Should I...?
Old November 9, 2012, 06:44:38 AM
Kyurem

It's been ages since the last time I've dabbled in any real CSS that just works, so here it is.

Twiggy's Side Blog

So this simple look is probably what I'm aiming for now. I do prefer simplicity in design without looking like some sort of faux material. As for font choices... I could do better, but this font is dang common on computers. Better to use what works than what doesn't work, huh? Besides, I appreciate web fonts, but I guess I can live without them. Segoe UI is serviceable as a font these days, and it does look nicely rounded, so I guess it doesn't hurt for me to use it.

Now, onto the actual blog content... I've been experimenting with my phone's video settings, and I've noticed that when recording 720p video, standard quality and high quality doesn't give me much, if any, visible difference between the quality of the video files produced. Since standard quality gives me half the size, I guess I went with it, and saved it as the new default. Well, at least I have over an hour of video recording capacity now, eh? That can't hurt.

Thinking of Zorua and its cuddliness made me think of this. What if... Press the B Button to continue being cute and cuddly! Press the B Button to continue being cute and cuddly! Am I going to be that one guy that wants his entire team to be adooooooorable? But is Zoroark cuddly enough? It'd be weeeeeeeird.

9 November, 2012

Last edited by Twiggy; November 9, 2012 at 06:53:03 AM.
Old November 26, 2012, 10:42:56 PM
Kyurem

Twiggy's Side Blog

My imagination must run wild.

For some reason I've been dreaming of a Pokémon main series game that gives you a Pokémon protagonist that's always in the team with varying team members based on story progression. Battles take place in semi-real-time, where Pokémon still take turns, but different moves mean different amount of time needed for the next turn to come up... of course, with the Speed stat determining how long the wait is.

Hmm...

27 November, 2012

Old December 14, 2012, 12:04:58 AM
Kyurem

Twiggy's Side Blog

Checklist of things to do while at my old home:

[X] Disconnect all cables connecting to the old computer
[X] Get a proper computer desk for dad
[X] Enable Caller ID on landline
[-] Upgrade the ridiculously narrow 1 Mbps line to a more practical 4 Mbps line now that it's available after 7 freaking years (so many networking complaints!)
[ ] Replace/sell/give away the MacBook Air...
[ ] ...and get a Toshiba desktop replacement.
[ ] While we're at it, find a way to get rid of the broken desktop, printer and yellowed-out monitor, too.
[X] Organize iTunes collection.
[ ] Redownload all Steam games after getting said desktop replacement.
[ ] Convert the disk drive in the dead desktop into an external drive.
[X] Perform the cleanup/defrag/full scan/CHKDSK on my dad's laptop. (Thank goodness for Automatic Updates.)
[ ] Get my parents to ditch their current mobile operator and switch to a certain other mobile operator with a shared family voice+data plan.

14 December, 2012

Last edited by Twiggy; December 14, 2012 at 05:05:22 AM.
Old May 15, 2013, 02:02:52 AM
Kyurem

Sometimes I don't really know what's really going on, but to be honest, I think I've picked up some... exotic interests after almost a year in university. Guess it comes with being in what's essentially another melting pot in a melting pot.

It also feels weird to compare Victory Road of today and one year ago, I think. Something seems to be... off. It's like... it's missing something that I'm not sure of. It doesn't really feel like the old days, you know? Maybe it's just me and the feeling will go away after some time.

Perhaps it's a sign that I need to talk to more people in Victory Road. Seems like I'm getting a bit rusty, anyway. There's a bit of a problem. though. Some members that I used to have good contact with are now PM and VM-locked. And yet I can see halfway-open conversations if I look at the right places.

Even I need someone to talk to once in a while. Anyone help?