Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > VictoryBattles > Bug Reports

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 29, 2010, 02:34:52 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
My Charizard now belongs to Hotblast.
Tradelog:
idofferidreturnidlevelacceptedacceptidtimeaddedtimeaccepted
1605466139001-142512010-06-22 15:01:132010-11-26 16:43:02

You're Charizard was traded for his Chimchar. Its worth noting that this first appeared on June 22nd, 2010, which is nearly 5 months ago, so I would be curious if you have any recollection of adding the trade yourself when it was a Charmander. (I don't keep evolution logs, though I maybe should start while I still have time.)

(Note that I will revert the trade after talking to Hotblast, but I'm just curious to know if its a glitch or otherwise.)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; November 29, 2010 at 02:36:16 PM.
Old December 23, 2010, 09:11:04 PM
Servine

Umm. I can't battle at all, it tells me that I am trying to use an unrecognized move or something. It does this for any move I use, so I can't battle wild Pokemon. This is in rc1 on the Google Chrome browser, as well.

Also my Shiny Zorua shows up now, but he's shrunken down a bit D:
Edit: He shows up fine in the signature image I'm using of him, but he shows a shrunken sprite in other images..

Last edited by kitsunaii; December 23, 2010 at 09:12:43 PM.
Old December 23, 2010, 09:15:55 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunaii View Post
Umm. I can't battle at all, it tells me that I am trying to use an unrecognized move or something. It does this for any move I use, so I can't battle wild Pokemon. This is in rc1 on the Google Chrome browser, as well.

Also my Shiny Zorua shows up now, but he's shrunken down a bit D:
Edit: He shows up fine in the signature image I'm using of him, but he shows a shrunken sprite in other images..
Er... I'm actively developing that on the testing server, so it makes sense that its broken for now (I'll be moving everything back to stable tomorrow finally, at which point I'll recommend no one use rc1.victorybattles.net).

The latter issue is sorta funny - the enlarged image is a bug, the small one isn't. If you tried to evolve it into Zoroark you'd see why.
Old December 27, 2010, 07:05:52 PM
Haxorus

Well, I was trying to battle Misty, and I try all my browsers, but it keeps on having a white page saying "Oops! This link appears to be broken" Can someone help me here??
Old December 27, 2010, 07:34:11 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekrom123 View Post
Well, I was trying to battle Misty, and I try all my browsers, but it keeps on having a white page saying "Oops! This link appears to be broken" Can someone help me here??
Gym leaders don't work I fear. I had wanted them ready for the latest release, but sadly the battle engine wasn't stable enough yet. So... next release!
Old December 28, 2010, 01:22:18 PM
Regigigas

Here's an interesting one. I've adopted porygon three different times today, but it still doesn't show up in the pokédex as caught.
Old December 28, 2010, 02:07:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Here's an interesting one. I've adopted porygon three different times today, but it still doesn't show up in the pokédex as caught.
I also have this problem with quite a few Pokémon, like Buizel, Plusle, Minun, Glameow, Oddish, and loads more.
Old December 28, 2010, 11:10:32 PM
Celebi

I was about to report that. Sceptile isn't in my pokedex.
Old January 1, 2011, 05:04:02 AM
Cyndaquil

How I found out? Not going to answer, but if you get challenged, but forget to pick a pokemon, it errors. I didn't feel it was necessary to report, but Cat333Pokémon told me too.
Old January 1, 2011, 05:05:12 AM
Floatzel

I don't know what the reason for this is,and this is just something minor, but I thought I better let you know.

Only the red framed stuff is of interest!    

Apparently, it says I have won every challenge, whereas I know I only won the last two. Might want to take a look over it.

EDIT: Also, I don't know whether this is a bug or just something else, but while you can access Diglett's Cave from Vermillion City and go back to Pewter City, it doesn't work the other way around. What it says when you try is this: "The map could not be generated. You may have tried to access an area that is not yet programmed or another error occured. If this is a new problem, please report it. Refresh the page to go back to the map you were viewing."

Last edited by Connec10; January 1, 2011 at 05:20:03 AM.
Old January 1, 2011, 05:20:55 AM
Regigigas

Apparently trades are broken. Everytime I try to make a trade offer I get the following error:

MySQL Error
Query: SELECT * FROM vb_ownedPokemon WHERE id = "237151\"
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"237151\"' at line 1

Trying to search for trades brings up this error:
Unable to Connection to MySQL: The server was unable to connect to MySQL. We are most likely experiencing a period of brief downtime: stay patient and hopefully we'll be back soon.

Third "bug", or was it removed? The option to rename pokémon has disappeared.

Last edited by Shade; January 1, 2011 at 05:48:45 AM.
Old January 1, 2011, 05:35:18 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connec10 View Post
I don't know what the reason for this is,and this is just something minor, but I thought I better let you know.

Apparently, it says I have won every challenge, whereas I know I only won the last two. Might want to take a look over it.

EDIT: Also, I don't know whether this is a bug or just something else, but while you can access Diglett's Cave from Vermillion City and go back to Pewter City, it doesn't work the other way around. What it says when you try is this: "The map could not be generated. You may have tried to access an area that is not yet programmed or another error occured. If this is a new problem, please report it. Refresh the page to go back to the map you were viewing."
It says you won all of my battles, even though I have had only one battle with you.

And, Gen V pokemon don't appear. Ever. When the adoptiong screen comes up, the pokemons sprite doesn't appear, just its name. And in battles, my Uniran is invisible.

Last edited by RotomGuy; January 1, 2011 at 05:44:47 AM.
Old January 2, 2011, 03:08:09 AM
Cyndaquil

I keep getting messages that there are problems with the connection with MySQL. It's not a huge problem, but it is really annoying....

Today the whole website seems to fall apart. I can't chat, I'm lucky if I can even enter the website, and it's pretty slow. It's probably the server. I don't think you could do anything with the message since it's Dutch, but I looked it up and it's probably the server.

I know it's just a mere spelling mistake, but when you flee in VB it says 'succssful' instead of 'successful'. I'm sorry if I sound whiney.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; January 2, 2011 at 03:13:36 AM. Reason: Triple Post, use the edit button.
Old January 3, 2011, 02:40:21 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I also have this problem with quite a few Pokémon, like Buizel, Plusle, Minun, Glameow, Oddish, and loads more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
I was about to report that. Sceptile isn't in my pokedex.
Yup, the Pokédex is currently broken more or less (it works to an extent, but meh).

TRIAGED Beta 5; Priority High

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyBart View Post
How I found out? Not going to answer, but if you get challenged, but forget to pick a pokemon, it errors. I didn't feel it was necessary to report, but Cat333Pokémon told me too.
Eh, pretty minor issue anywho.

TRIAGED Beta 5; Priority Low

Quote:

I dunno, I'll need to investigate that more.

TRIAGED Beta 5; Priority Medium

Quote:

I'm not going to fix that yet but when I fix it for the dev preview it will automatically be fixed for beta 4 as well.

Quote:
Apparently trades are broken. Everytime I try to make a trade offer I get the following error:

MySQL Error
Query: SELECT * FROM vb_ownedPokemon WHERE id = "237151\"
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"237151\"' at line 1
Fixed for Beta 4. Still broken in the developer preview.

Quote:
Trying to search for trades brings up this error:
Unable to Connection to MySQL: The server was unable to connect to MySQL. We are most likely experiencing a period of brief downtime: stay patient and hopefully we'll be back soon.
Not a whole lot I can do there since its basically the server having issues.

Quote:
Third "bug", or was it removed? The option to rename pokémon has disappeared.
You have to go to lavender now.

Quote:
And, Gen V pokemon don't appear. Ever. When the adoptiong screen comes up, the pokemons sprite doesn't appear, just its name. And in battles, my Uniran is invisible.
I /think/ its fixed now in the Beta 4. (Still broken in the dev preview)

Quote:
I keep getting messages that there are problems with the connection with MySQL. It's not a huge problem, but it is really annoying....

Today the whole website seems to fall apart. I can't chat, I'm lucky if I can even enter the website, and it's pretty slow. It's probably the server. I don't think you could do anything with the message since it's Dutch, but I looked it up and it's probably the server.
Probably the server. VictoryBattles suffers as a result I suppose.

Quote:
I know it's just a mere spelling mistake, but when you flee in VB it says 'succssful' instead of 'successful'. I'm sorry if I sound whiney.
TRIAGED Beta 5; Priority Low

...Suppose its good people are actually reporting bugs now xD
Old January 10, 2011, 07:33:51 AM
Volcarona

Every time I log in, it gives me the message that it does after you adopt your first Pokemon, despite me having already done so. The PC will not show any of my Pokemon at all. Clicking on "Menu Index" takes me back to the first message. It is an endless loop. I even recorded video of it.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; January 11, 2011 at 01:54:38 PM.
Old January 11, 2011, 01:26:13 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg View Post
Every time I log in, it gives me the message that it does after you adopt your first Pokemon, despite me having already done so. The PC will not show any of my Pokemon at all. Clicking on "Menu Index" takes me back to the first message. It is an endless loop. I even recorded video of it.

It could have been the server; check again now please.
Old January 14, 2011, 10:51:16 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
It could have been the server; check again now please.
It is still doing it.
Old January 14, 2011, 09:01:43 PM
Celebi

My Uniran is ready to evolve, and it can't.
Old January 14, 2011, 11:39:15 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
It is still doing it.
...Are you using the rc1.victorybattles.net server by chance? If so, well... don't

Otherwise, I'll need to look into it further. Which browser are using?

Quote:
My Uniran is ready to evolve, and it can't.
I will be fixing all bugs thus far reported tomorrow (as well as other small things), so I'll wait to deal with it until then.
Old January 15, 2011, 10:06:08 AM
Volcarona

I don't know if this is either a bug or possibly caused by my internet connection, and this doesn't really bug me much, but some Pokemon sprites don't appear in people's signatures, just its level and Exp. bar.

Example    
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	882
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1721
Old January 15, 2011, 10:08:06 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
I don't know if this is either a bug or possibly caused by my internet connection, and this doesn't really bug me much, but some Pokemon sprites don't appear in people's signatures, just its level and Exp. bar.

Example    
Attachment 1721
Yeah, its a bug that has "spread" for the past several days, and even more so today after I plain broke something. It will go away on its own as people click the Pokémon again.
Old January 15, 2011, 11:57:31 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
...Are you using the rc1.victorybattles.net server by chance? If so, well... don't

Otherwise, I'll need to look into it further. Which browser are using?
I just checked. It is not the RC1 server, it is either my account or my browser. I'm using Google Chrome.

EDIT: It could also be that I've upgraded to a 64-bit OS, but I can't check on my own since my older 32-bit systems are either fried or don't have a way to connect to the internet.

Last edited by isbragg; January 16, 2011 at 12:01:21 AM.
Old January 16, 2011, 03:32:15 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I just checked. It is not the RC1 server, it is either my account or my browser. I'm using Google Chrome.

EDIT: It could also be that I've upgraded to a 64-bit OS, but I can't check on my own since my older 32-bit systems are either fried or don't have a way to connect to the internet.
I'm using Chrome, I'm using both RC1 and the normal one, and I've just upgraded to a 64-bit OS, but it works fine for me (The chat program too, for that matter), so there might be something else going on.
Old January 16, 2011, 12:03:09 PM
Kyurem

After looking at the video a bit more closely, do you ever actually click the "1" to show Pokémon? From what I can tell you never do... which could be the problem.
Old January 16, 2011, 12:26:08 PM
Volcarona

I'm in now, but whenever I'm in a battle, selecting any battle action (an attack, flee, etc.), a dialog box comes up saying, "Error: You are trying to make an unrecognized move."
Old January 16, 2011, 12:43:20 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I'm in now, but whenever I'm in a battle, selecting any battle action (an attack, flee, etc.), a dialog box comes up saying, "Error: You are trying to make an unrecognized move."
...That one is new for me. However, try again now if you can.
Old January 19, 2011, 09:44:08 PM
Celebi

My Daburon Duosis has been getting many clicks since he became Lvl 43, but yet he hasn't turned to LVL 44. And I reeeeeeeeeally want a Reuniclus. It would be the first 2nd-stage pokemon on VR.
Old January 20, 2011, 03:18:23 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
My Daburon Duosis has been getting many clicks since he became Lvl 43, but yet he hasn't turned to LVL 44. And I reeeeeeeeeally want a Reuniclus. It would be the first 2nd-stage pokemon on VR.
How is this a bug again?
Old January 20, 2011, 06:24:29 PM
Celebi

GPFTW recently got a Tepig on VB and then traded it to me and when I click it I relized it was a glitch or something wrong with it because it had a unbelievable amount of HP.

Here is the pic of it I took yesturday:
Name:  VB Glitch.png
Views: 658
Size:  4.2 KB

Could anyone, specifically FreezeWarp, tell me what is causing the glitch or what the problem is?
Old January 22, 2011, 10:52:41 PM
Celebi

Quote:
How is this a bug again?
It's fixed, but its simply he wouldn't lvl up.

Oh, and, every time I see a Gen V pokemon...
...their sprite never shows up.    
Old January 23, 2011, 12:02:37 AM
Kyurem

Quote:

Its fixed, don't worry. Just older ones still appear that way.

Edit: nm, it'll be fixed in Beta 5.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; January 23, 2011 at 12:03:32 AM.
Old January 23, 2011, 12:04:15 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
GPFTW recently got a Tepig on VB and then traded it to me and when I click it I relized it was a glitch or something wrong with it because it had a unbelievable amount of HP.

Attachment 1737

Could anyone, specifically FreezeWarp, tell me what is causing the glitch or what the problem is?
Eh, good question. I'll look into it tomorrow.
Old January 23, 2011, 08:10:56 AM
Haxorus

well i told you about the shedinja's and ninjasks... they'r still not fixed. oh and lately when i see adoptables in mine or anyone elses signature it shows the little picture that means the photo is unavailable. and also when i get on victory battles it says:

Program Error: Something Went Wrong!

everytime! and it says i'm logged in as a guest so i click login and it either takes me to the menu where i'm logged in or it goes to the same page. but if i'm at the menu and logged in, if i try and do anything i get the error page again
Old January 28, 2011, 12:34:00 PM
Volcarona

I found a very, very minor glitch (Or typo) here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.PNG
Views:	892
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	1760
Old January 29, 2011, 01:28:07 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post

Attachment 1737

Fixed, as you know.

Quote:

...their sprite never shows up.    
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreon7 View Post
well i told you about the shedinja's and ninjasks... they'r still not fixed. oh and lately when i see adoptables in mine or anyone elses signature it shows the little picture that means the photo is unavailable. and also when i get on victory battles it says:

Program Error: Something Went Wrong!

everytime! and it says i'm logged in as a guest so i click login and it either takes me to the menu where i'm logged in or it goes to the same page. but if i'm at the menu and logged in, if i try and do anything i get the error page again
The "Program Error" happens whenever the server is having issues.

Additionally, the Shedinja issue should be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
I found a very, very minor glitch (Or typo) here.

Attachment 1760
And fixed.
Old January 29, 2011, 03:20:06 PM
Haxorus

yes i know the program error is because the server is having issues, but what i mean is it was happening very frequently. it stopped recently and i still have only shedinjas
Old January 30, 2011, 12:12:47 AM
Celebi

Minor typo:

When I clicked evolve, it said this pokemon can't evolve, then I clicked PC Menu, and it was evolved.
Old February 2, 2011, 09:16:14 AM
Volcarona

I get a lot of program errors. I can usually refresh the page and the page loads, but I think it's worth reporting here anyway.

Original message: "Unable to Connection to MySQL: The server was unable to connect to MySQL. We are most likely experiencing a period of brief downtime: stay patient and hopefully we'll be back soon."
Old February 3, 2011, 06:48:17 AM
Volcarona

Thumbs down

i got bored adopting the same pokemon.the star doesn't appear.can you fix it?
Old February 5, 2011, 03:24:24 PM
Haxorus

so i'm trying to get an espeon (via evolution) but so far i thought i just hadn't got it's happiness up high enough. but i just tried and it said i could evolve it into an umbreon. so i went back, and i clicked 'evolve' on my lvl 6 eevee and it said it could evolve into and umbreon, and i tried it and all of them will. :/ but during the day time none of them will evolve into an espeon. HELP ME FREEZE!! D:

Last edited by umbreon7; February 5, 2011 at 03:24:58 PM.
Old February 5, 2011, 06:38:13 PM
Celebi

Everytime I adopt a B&W Pokemon it gives me a screen saying, "Unable to Connection to MySQL: The server was unable to connect to MySQL. We are most likely experiencing a period of brief downtime: stay patient and hopefully we'll be back soon." and I have to keep going back to the previous page over and over until I get it. It has been doing this for a week or so now and I want to know why. Could you tell me the problem or fix it?
Old February 5, 2011, 07:05:02 PM
Regigigas

Why is there no deoxys walking sprite?
Old February 28, 2011, 04:34:33 PM
Volcarona

I have around 7000 pokedollars before and when I bought a sun stone for 5000, my money ends up with 0. Why is that?