Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old July 16, 2010, 01:50:52 AM
Rayquaza

Default Complaints/Ratings about Staff

In order to make sure that the communication between the members and the staff are all right and smooth, we, as staff, decided to make a thread where members can complain, criticize or approve any staff's action. If any one of you is angry about something a staff has made, he/she can post it here and all of us will discuss the problem and solve it, if possible. Of course, things like that need some rules, so please spend sometime reading them.

- Victory Road general rules.
- In this thread, you are supposed to be mature and sensible. Don't come and start complaining that a staff has deleted a thread of yours when it actually was a spam. If you want to complain about something, then make sure that you have the right in complaining about it.
- It is more nice if you give some suggestions to what you criticize or complain about, as this makes discussions clearer and easier.
- I noticed that some people turn some threads to chatting threads. This won't be acceptable here and will be declared as SPAM, causing you infractions. So, NO UNNEEDED CHAT.
- No staff is allowed to rate or complain about any other staff in this thread. Any staff who wants to complain or rate, is supposed to go to the private Staff Board and complain/rate there.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; October 21, 2010 at 09:37:57 AM.
Old July 16, 2010, 04:18:13 PM
Kyurem

I just don't see how someone like Jared could become an Assistant Mod. I don't want to gloat, but I feel that I could do a better moderation job than him (I'm an admin on another forum that isn't mine, and a mod on two others). Not to mention that he only moderates /b/uizel, and he spends most of his time in the Debate forum, or in chat. He also left the forum for a while, racked up tons of infractions, and was banned for a month.

Last edited by NismoZ; July 16, 2010 at 04:18:32 PM.
Old July 16, 2010, 06:42:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I just don't see how someone like Jared could become an Assistant Mod. I don't want to gloat, but I feel that I could do a better moderation job than him (I'm an admin on another forum that isn't mine, and a mod on two others). Not to mention that he only moderates /b/uizel, and he spends most of his time in the Debate forum, or in chat. He also left the forum for a while, racked up tons of infractions, and was banned for a month.
Jaredvcxz has control of the /b/uizel board and only the /b/uizel board. FreezeWarp, and later a number of other staff members, myself included, decided it would be best if Jared could help us in regard to how the board functions, as spam is his specialty. So far, he has actually been doing a pretty good job.
Old July 17, 2010, 07:21:03 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Jaredvcxz has control of the /b/uizel board and only the /b/uizel board. FreezeWarp, and later a number of other staff members, myself included, decided it would be best if Jared could help us in regard to how the board functions, as spam is his specialty. So far, he has actually been doing a pretty good job.
Other than that, Jared was a moderator in another forums, so he has got the experience needed.
Old July 17, 2010, 07:26:50 AM
Landorus

Why did LitetheIronMan knock me into fourth place just because I was disqualified from the Finals!? It doesn't make sense!
Old July 17, 2010, 07:49:51 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Other than that, Jared was a moderator in another forums, so he has got the experience needed.
That. And I recall him being a moderator here before. He definetly has the experience, no doubt.
Jared topic, over.
Old July 17, 2010, 09:56:43 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Why did LitetheIronMan knock me into fourth place just because I was disqualified from the Finals!? It doesn't make sense!

1. That's last month's tourney. WAY beyond that now.

2. You illegaly modified your Pokemon's set to specifically counter your opponent, thus, disqualification. This makes perfect sense: rulebreaking in the VGC will also disqualify you. You didn't get ANY place, we only had three winners.

3. This is a critique thread, not a random banter thread. If you have something to say about me that's actually relevant to the topic at hand then by all means share.
Old July 18, 2010, 06:37:06 AM
Giratina

Lux, not until I get my say >:C
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I see your point, and I agree that you would make a great moderator.

However, I'm suited for /b/uizel because I know the difference between healthy spam and destructive spam. Just look at my posts. I've rarely succumbed to those stupid memes that are proliferating here, and have been trying to help refine the rules.

Also, I've only had two official infractions, with a total of 4 points. Unless you're talking about the other site I talk about, in which case I would say that site is filled with trolls and deserved my unholy presence ^_^

And I do not spend a lot of time on the debate forum. Debating with these people is torture 9_9
Old July 21, 2010, 09:38:51 AM
Regigigas

I want to know why my post was moved, generally.

Last edited by DashArmy; July 21, 2010 at 09:52:54 AM.
Old July 24, 2010, 11:20:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
I want to know why my post was moved, generally.
This question requires a specific answer. To know why a post was moderated, simply send a PM to the user who managed it and ask why said action was applied. Don't do this repeatedly for the same types of actions, however, or you may annoy staff members.
Old July 25, 2010, 09:42:50 AM
Linoone

I just saw this... D: It seems like a perfect post to make good higher up friends and enemies, and that makes my internet experiance fun! So here goes, from the top.

Cat333Pokemon - Moderates the site very well, is serious but understands when people are having a joke and will not give out infractions for silly reasons, plus he warns people before hand which gives people the opputinuity to suck up to him for a while. I like watching people suck up to the higher ups, it's just funneh xD. Can hold lengthy debates and convosations with people and is very commited to the running of this website and the people who use it, ect. Overall, he's an extremely good admin and has done an amazing job. *Claps* well done!

GreenLiquid (You knew you was next xP) - Like wise, he's almost similar to Cat in every way. When he needs to be serious or when someone is abusing the system, he's not afraid to bring out the brass knuckles. Other than that, GL is an awesome guy to chat with. Super friendly and doesn't ignore anyone. I honestly don't know how you manage to reply to everyone but there we go! xD

Luxray[Insert numbers here] - Very serious about the rules, but likewise, she gives people plenty of warning with plenty of time. I, for one, know I've pushed her boundarys a few times, and I apologise for this x3 But really, what a sense of authority you have around people! And how friendly you are too. x3

Pikaluv - Is a bit odd x.x; He switches personalities from uber random and hyper to uber serious xP So you never know what to expect! Generally a nice guy, keeps to the rules and does the job he's been handed with!

Sunny - I haven't seen or spoken to Sunny alot but from the short... Exepriances, I've had with him, he seems really nice and friendly! And can keep a joke as a joke xP But other than that, I can't really comment on how he takes his powah's into hand, since I haven't spoken to him much D:

OMGITSJAD - O.O Dude. xP Likewise, I haven't spoken to Jad much but I've heard he has a reputation to keep thinks under command Dx

SK - You my friend are very. There isn't a word for it today but when I find one, I'll let you know. D: From what I've seen he works well around the forum, keeping things in ordah. And has bacon as his avatar. I'm, gonna move on now...

Ningamer - I haven't spoken to Nin! P: I want to, since he's British T.T And has a Pokabu as his avatar D: So I can't really comment on you right now. T^T

Jared - Another crazy guy x.X; Sorreh Jared x3 Not much to say again because I haven't really seen much of you on the forum, but your a real nice guy to talk to

Magmaster - Alright. I don't have problems with people usually but Mag, I'm kinda confused. On the chat room your really quite hypocrtical, meaning one second you'll be spamming emotions, and then the next, banning people for posting one afterwards when you get fed up. As for the forums, well I've not had a personal experiance myself but giving Vix an infraction for replying to her own post was kinda out of order. For one she's new here, likewise with me, and another it could have easily of been deleted or a mistake. Not to mention the thread wasn't at all serious in the slightest.
Also, mis-use of power much against people who, or how it comes across to me, you don't personally like and abusing it so you can spam yourself, and then ban whensomeone takes the lead.
With power comes responsibility. If those who cannot take that responsibility have the power, it will soon lead to their downfall.

Best is last PokeRemixStudios - He deserves a promoition this lad does. B3 A really nice guy to talk to, all the time; keeps an eye out for people and also explains the rules and is generally really helpfull when you need him or speak to him. What mor can I say? Oh, he doesn't abuse his power and he explains why things aren't meant to be done, which really helps out in remembering what not to do!

Okay thats all of you guys that I can think of, i missed out Yoshi because he's like a godfarther and keeps an eye over everything while keeping a steady debate up in the forums, so... I actually didn't miss you out then! But if I did miss someone out who I shouldn't of, I'm really sorry and if it means that much to you, I'll give you your own personal review :3

Chow for now!

Last edited by Ryuzaki-Kai; July 25, 2010 at 09:46:41 AM.
Old July 25, 2010, 12:53:25 PM
Administrator

Very nice block of text there and thanks for the compliments. I agree with you on a few things, but I'd prefer stating which in private.
Old August 9, 2010, 10:43:26 PM
Charizard

Thumbs down

So long as this thread also applies to actions on the chat...

There was a problem just this night in the chat, Main to be precise. I believe it was KingOfKYA changing his name as he kicked a lot of users twice, me too. I hardly pay attention to Main and its craziness, just chatting elsewhere, and then I get kicked while just being normal and good. That wasn't funny, my password's long, and I would be really mad if I had to restart my laptop just to restart the chat (couldn't find the chat's icon in my files until today).

I don't want to be kicked just for "fun" ever again on the chat -- interruptions suck. KingOfKYA's attitude after the second kick personally insulted me, but it also seemed to be going with some sort of joking climate. I'm not sure what to think of his posts right after the second kick. I thought it seemed after the first kick that I didn't like being kicked like that, oh well, he still did it.

I prefer if this never happened again. Too much weird stuff happens on Main most nights, I don't wanna be dragged into it. At least have consent of those being kicked.

What "executable"? And no, I don't use the remember me for the chatbox. It is a big deal to me, Piexing. And, TSoT, I do think it was King because he appeared to admit it, though it could have been any admin capable of changing names that could have kicked. I know the whole thing was a joke in the first place, but I wanted nothing of it.

Last edited by Akiyama; August 10, 2010 at 11:50:24 AM.
Old August 9, 2010, 10:57:06 PM
Volcarona

You don't know where you put the executable? And you can check the "Remember Me" box instead of typing your password every time. KYA gets a high five+ from piexing for not being super serious. GREAT SELLER A++++++
Actually, I don't have any problems with any of the staff. Though that OMGITSJAD guy could use a bit more cat planet.
Yoshi and The James could use a bit more Emag, but they're okay.
HIGH FIVE!! SUPER ALL-STAR STAFF RPG!

Staff Edit: This is not the place to be spamming.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 10, 2010 at 03:23:11 AM.
Old August 10, 2010, 01:20:32 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post

There was a problem just this night in the chat, Main to be precise. I believe it was KingOfKYA changing his name as he kicked a lot of users twice, me too. I hardly pay attention to Main and its craziness, just chatting elsewhere, and then I get kicked while just being normal and good. That wasn't funny, my password's long, and I would be really mad if I had to restart my laptop just to restart the chat (couldn't find the chat's icon in my files until today).

I don't want to be kicked just for "fun" ever again on the chat -- interruptions suck. KingOfKYA's attitude after the second kick personally insulted me, but it also seemed to be going with some sort of joking climate. I'm not sure what to think of his posts right after the second kick. I thought it seemed after the first kick that I didn't like being kicked like that, oh well, he still did it.

I prefer if this never happened again. Too much weird stuff happens on Main most nights, I don't wanna be dragged into it. At least have consent of those being kicked.
I guess we should wait until KYA sees this and replies back. It can't be that normal for him to kick people out just for fun, you know. He is an administrator after all. However, as stated above, it is better for you check the "Remember Me" box for future uses.
Old August 10, 2010, 11:33:40 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post

I would agree assuming its true. Cat did do a backup right around 8 last night that could have caused some people to be kicked,
Old August 10, 2010, 12:00:00 PM
Shaymin

No, KYA sometimes comes in around the late hours of the night when nothing's really happening in the chat and spams with Spamachu. He also did mass kickings aswell. He wasn't being serious and just playing around, which he does often if you see him come in with Spamachu.
Old August 10, 2010, 02:41:56 PM
Giratina

SK, what do you actually do? I haven't seen you moderate anything in all the time that you've been a mod... Am I missing something?

Freezewarp's my favourite admin 'cause he's a pretty cool guy. I'd like to make some comments about Mag, but I really shouldn't. .-.
Old August 10, 2010, 02:44:06 PM
Giratina

Nin, I finished some of the CI Articles for FW. Lots of copy/pasting BBcode.. xD Not so fun.
Old August 10, 2010, 02:48:41 PM
Giratina

Oooohhh... What do you do now? I mean, I know you moderate all the "Fun" boards, but I've never seen you do it...
Old August 10, 2010, 02:52:14 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Oooohhh... What do you do now? I mean, I know you moderate all the "Fun" boards, but I've never seen you do it...
Well, when you called Jared fat I'd have deleted it if he didn't get to it first.

But from what I know the reason I became a mod was those CI articles, check my VMs. :u
Old August 11, 2010, 03:49:59 PM
Floatzel

Ookay, since this topic is back up and running, I might as well post some my opinions, if they matter..

Cat333Pokemon - Who would not like him? He is the owner of this site after all. He does help all he can with non-VR related problems (ex. members' computer problems, other sites, etc.) so he is absolutely a favorite. Especially his wife in the family tree.
Rate: 5 stars.

KingofKYA - Likewise of Cat, he does help with non-VR problems. And to me it's okay to be kind of spammy, doesn't every staff want to? To get rid of all that built up stress?
Rate: 4 Stars

FreezeWarp aka. ICEE - Like wise of Cat and KYA, helps with non-VR problems. He is also very smart and very trust-able in my opinion. But my opinion doesn't matter, does it? He does have two sides, as of KYA and Cat. He has an intelligent(serious) side(doesn't everyone?), and a fun side(Like just us regular members have). I like that about these certain three.
Rate: 5 stars

GreenLiquid - Doesn't abuse powers, unlike some mods I am not naming. He is very intelligent, and likewise the three above, has a fun side. But his fun side is.. very attractive. I'm embarrassed to say that. D: His fun side is what makes me want to be his friend more. Other than that, he can be very sillly and also very serious. He doesn't tend to use his serious side much, but as he grows into going into college, I can see that serious side tending to be use more often.
Rate : 5 stars

OMGITSJAD - OMGITSJAD! A very fun member, a tad top fun. Also very helpful to other members at times. He is very intelligent, as the others mentioned above. He also wants a mac? lol Nice foot. Overall, not much to say.
Rate: 4 1/2 stars

LiteTheIronMan - Get the ego down. He loves Metriod, so he is helpful when it comes to that. He needs to stop changing the chat topic so much. D:
Rate : 4 stars

Ditto616 - Very rarely sighted. I recommend him for your overall mod/super mod. not much to say.

Luxy - Pretty cool girl, I say. She's very nice. She isn't really an expert at anything, so not much to say.

YUSHEE - Really awesome. Loves the game. He is similar to Cat. He knows a little less overall about computers. Pretty cool dude! Also, nice Lego obsession. lolz
I'll edit later. End of ratings for now. Note to self:
People to rate:
Yoshi sunny alakazamaster magmaster12 pokeremixstudio aura clonecharizard greenman pikaluv1 shadow ningamer sk will thespiritoftime

Last edited by BlackRayquaza; August 12, 2010 at 02:16:15 PM. Reason: yayz for more people to edit
Old September 6, 2010, 04:49:56 AM
Kyurem

Jared's getting a bit... hateful of bumping threads... even in /b/uizel.
Old September 6, 2010, 05:03:48 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
1. All posts must relate to the original thread. Instances of Cake, The Game, "Welcome to VR", and "Coolstorybro" are all wonderful examples of what *not* to post.
If he were to post something relevant to the thread, I would have let it be. But seeing as though that thread is mainly spam, there is no relevancy, making every bump useless.
Old September 6, 2010, 08:32:07 AM
Celebi

Does it matter? It's SPAM!!!
Old September 6, 2010, 08:41:24 AM
Volcarona

I only have a problem with myself the most...I should start infracting any minute now......any m--you know, I'll just try
Old September 6, 2010, 04:40:00 PM
Giratina

If this is about complaints/questions about staff, I would like to know what Jason_Henge has done to moderate this site. I know its kinda hard for a normal member, like me, to see what a moderator has or has not fixed about this site.

Although, some things that a moderator has done are very noticeable. Like when Shadow adds "Merged by Shadow" when someone puts in two unnecessary posts right after each other.

Still, I would like to know what Jason has done, just a little bit. Because it doesn't seem like he has done much to contribute to this site as a moderator.
Old September 6, 2010, 04:45:08 PM
Celebi

I'm making skins and moderating my sections, like the general RP. (I only have two right now.) I closed about 20 threads that were pretty much dead.
Old September 6, 2010, 08:41:48 PM
Volcarona

Just to let you all know I apologize for not being on as much as I should be. I'm moving websites very soon under Cat's hosting and I basically need to go over 200 pages of coding and make sure it's perfect and ready. <_<. Plus school isn't helping me either. I apologize.
Old September 7, 2010, 11:41:41 AM
Mudkip

I personally think the majority of the staff are wonderful nice people who deserve to have that privileged position. You may disagree with me, and that is understandable. I have not been as active as I would have hoped to have been to spend the time to familiarize myself with the entire staff panel. But from what I can see, you are all great staff members. =D
Old September 19, 2010, 12:40:14 PM
Charizard

Ningamer won't stop impersonating me and making fun of me, it's incredibly rude, adn he called me a troll for it! And he's doing it on the main chat, seriously, if he likes to impersonate me and make fun of me, he should take it to /b/uizel, as it is incredibly rude!
Old September 19, 2010, 01:31:41 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
Ningamer won't stop impersonating me and making fun of me, it's incredibly rude, adn he called me a troll for it! And he's doing it on the main chat, seriously, if he likes to impersonate me and make fun of me, he should take it to /b/uizel, as it is incredibly rude!
No offense, but how can he not? You get upset over the smallest things and not listen to reason. You just sulk over one little thing. =/ Remember that mindless rant you did about ROM discussion. No matter how many times we told that you can do whatever you wanted, you CANNOT talk about it here. We didn't care if you were ripping sprites. (BTW, some other people here is already ripping sprites, so you missed that boat.)
Old September 20, 2010, 07:01:18 AM
Rayquaza

What was the problem exactly?
Old September 20, 2010, 07:24:42 AM
Giratina

Okay, okay... This is a summary of how it went:

Masterge entered the chat and instantly started whining about how Serebii and Pokerbeach had to remove B/W images. I then proceeded to mock him, I guess, by saying "THIS IS BALLS AND THAT SUCKS. AND NO I'M NOT GONNA SAY HI EITHER. [/MastergeImpression]". Then he started to complain about me (fair enough), so I redirected him here.
A few minutes later, when Masterge returned, I continued to "play" with him. I said "Hey Masterge, guess what? Zoroark's an event Pokémon and there's nothing you can do about it!". Masterge then started shouting, saying things like "YOU ALL HATE ME! YOU CAN ALL GO BURN IN HELL!".

I see now that I was very wrong to treat you that way, Masterge. I'm really sorry for what I did, and I really think I should be punished in some way. I promise this won't happen again!

*Waits for punishment*
Old September 20, 2010, 07:31:10 AM
Rayquaza

Since Nin apologized already, I think this problem is done now, unless Masterge still wants to keep this discussion up.

As a warning, go and check your PM.
Old September 20, 2010, 07:42:44 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Okay, okay... This is a summary of how it went:

Masterge entered the chat and instantly started whining about how Serebii and Pokerbeach had to remove B/W images. I then proceeded to mock him, I guess, by saying "THIS IS BALLS AND THAT SUCKS. AND NO I'M NOT GONNA SAY HI EITHER. [/MastergeImpression]". Then he started to complain about me (fair enough), so I redirected him here.
A few minutes later, when Masterge returned, I continued to "play" with him. I said "Hey Masterge, guess what? Zoroark's an event Pokémon and there's nothing you can do about it!". Masterge then started shouting, saying things like "YOU ALL HATE ME! YOU CAN ALL GO BURN IN HELL!".

I see now that I was very wrong to treat you that way, Masterge. I'm really sorry for what I did, and I really think I should be punished in some way. I promise this won't happen again!

*Waits for punishment*
I don't see anything wrong with it, since Masterge does overreact to every little thing. XD Even if it is mocking, it's not entirely Nin's fault. Masterge is just a miserable little person who sees flaws in all the little things that is perfect to parody.
Old September 20, 2010, 07:49:17 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it, since Masterge does overreact to every little thing. XD Even if it is mocking, it's not entirely Nin's fault. Masterge is just a miserable little person who sees flaws in all the little things that is perfect to parody.
Maybe we can move this type of post to somewhere else.
Old September 20, 2010, 10:41:44 AM
Giratina

In the scenario which was posted, Ningamer was the one who's mistaken, and since he already apologized, the problem is over now. However, I'd like you, Masterge, to try and control your temper because it is starting to bother several people on the forums. There's really no need to become outrageous at any simple thing said to you, so please learn to take things a bit more lightly.

[Oh yeah, keep in mind that when staff members tell you (not) to do something, they're not acting bossy or mean, so there's no need to hate on them. They're just trying to maintain organization in the forums, you know.]

Last edited by Shadow; September 20, 2010 at 10:42:35 AM.
Old September 20, 2010, 05:09:23 PM
Keldeo

So far, I haven't had any problems with the Staff here, all the ones I have chatted with are actually very friendly here and I really don't see why some people are afraid of the mods here, as long as I keep my cool here, I'm fine but if I try get angry at anyone here, I'll try and Log out immediately, but anyways I don't want to fight with any of you, and I'm trying to be on my best behavior here.

9/10 is my rating for you people.

Last edited by JC; September 20, 2010 at 05:10:37 PM.
Old September 22, 2010, 10:25:34 AM
Giratina

Ok, a real "review" (I guess you can call it).
The staff are very nice and friendly, they are just like the police officers I know (very nice and friendly unless you break a rule).
Yea, they might get mad, but that is from something going wrong. I do remember Idno getting into a fight with Lite(I think. Either Lite or Mag) in the chat, but that was because Idno was saying the staff hated him.

Now that I'm back on topic, good job staff, keep up the good work, and don't go crazy with power.
Old September 22, 2010, 11:44:30 AM
Floatzel

Techno- he seems like a very nice and cool and helpful guy. He is also smart and can also help with computers.
stars: 5/5

Cat- very nice and likes to have fun in the chat. Does not kick, ban, ect. when people are being VERY spammy if he joins in.
stars: OVER 9000!!! XD
Old September 23, 2010, 06:55:05 PM
Giratina

Well, here's my long post about everyone on teh staff. o3o

Admins

Cat - Amazing dude, almost a perfect admin, but nothing's perfect. Always room for improvement.

Yoshi - The game. <3

KYA - I like they guy especially in the chat (fellow spammers unite!) and he keeps the site going

FW - Known him for a while since we go back to Zam and whatnot I always liked FW

James - Where did he go?

Lux - Good job being the highest up girl staff member. It's always nice to have some females up there.

JAD - Jad's a pretty cool guy. [/meme] Err.. That is all.

Mods

Ditto - I think he said he was ninja or something o3o And yes, he is.

GL - Does his job well.

Lite - It's always nice to have someone who isn't afraid to take action. ;D

PRS - Promote him? :0

Shadow and SoT - Pretty similar, a bit strict and business-like (lolz) but they are good that way.

Sunny - He's "Under yo bed :V" Watch out.

SK - He's uber.

Everyone Else - No complaints nor compliments, although that isn't exactly a bad thing.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 24, 2010 at 03:10:11 PM.
Old September 24, 2010, 10:03:26 AM
Haxorus

All you members already pointed out some main facts.
So I guess I don't have the chance to post a long post full of criticism.
But why would I anyway. You all know that I am lazy.
Well thats not the point of this thread.

Well scrolling through the staff page. I realized that to many positions have been given out.
Sure there might be good reasonings for that. But 5% of those staff are not even active. 40% are active but therefor do not moderate threads or so.
Pushing aside the fact of having a life or can't find anything to moderate.

But seriously its just a mess. I believe there should be a demotion stage.
Its just my thought of it.

Last edited by Dilster3000; September 24, 2010 at 10:06:47 AM.
Old September 24, 2010, 10:11:46 AM
Rayquaza

You can tell us whom you think needs to be demoted and for what reason. We can discuss it with you.
Old September 24, 2010, 10:16:10 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
You can tell us whom you think needs to be demoted and for what reason. We can discuss it with you.
I would find it cruel of myself just to point out fingers.
I haven't been here in along time. So I am not really sure if I missed something related for a staff vacation or so. Judging ain't my game.

I just wanted to point out that if staff don't do their job or stay inactive with out notice. They should be demoted. Would seem unfair but really having 50 staff is a mess.

Last edited by Dilster3000; September 24, 2010 at 11:06:51 AM.
Old September 24, 2010, 10:20:05 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3000 View Post
If would find it cruel of myself just to point out fingers.
I haven't been here in along time. So I am not really sure if I missed something related for a staff vacation or so. Judging ain't my game.

I just wanted to point out that if staff don't do their job or stay inactive with out notice. They should be demoted. Would seem unfair but really having 50 staff is a mess.
I agree with you on that, and I believe the admins try their best to moderate the moderators themselves and check them thoroughly.
Old September 25, 2010, 07:22:20 AM
Celebi

Spirit of Time is a childish flamer. He posted this lovely flame about me and took the time to run a fine-tooth comb over some of my posts and completely take them out of context. He shouldn't be allowed to slander me like that.

Spirit of Time Flames!!!    

And if this post is deleted or edited, it just proves I was right. Spirit of Time himself suggested I do this. All of his comments are wrong, since he knows nothing about what REALLY happened. I feel 100% insulted and violated that someone who's a rank above me can get away with this.

BTW, this only started because he wanted to "play" with a banned member, allowing him to come back, only to get banned again, without even a change to redeem himself. Shame on you Spirit of Time.
Old September 25, 2010, 08:16:08 AM
Giratina

I've gotta side with Jason here - Lately Spirit's been acting really immature, especially over the Masterge incident. Though I don't think I need to post what happened here, since I already posted it in the Staff board.

Last edited by Ningamer; September 25, 2010 at 08:16:17 AM.
Old September 25, 2010, 08:58:04 AM
Kyurem

Jason why would you post that here? :L All of the staff have seen it before or can easily see it, since its in the staff boards, and now it seems like your only goal is to make Spirit look as bad as possible in front of everybody.

And your point of him wanting to "play with a banned member" was also shared by you yourself on the topic of a different member.

Quote:
Aw, come on. We need some fun around here. Besides, he said he'd never come back again... Let's see if he was telling the truth or just crying for attention.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 25, 2010 at 08:58:25 AM.
Old September 25, 2010, 05:10:04 PM
Celebi

I do that with the less intelligent members (aka spammers) with alt accounts, not with outraged psycho-members who can come to kill me...
Old September 26, 2010, 05:26:05 AM
Rayquaza

Driving the problem to here? Alright then!

Can you say why most people hate you?! Is it a problem with the people or with you?!
Also, you still can't understand what I said, and yet, go on, misinterpreting the meaning.

What I mentioned was all truth, and who are you to make fun of people, or call them less intelligent? Yes, you do fire off your hating opinion on anyone, not caring about anyone's emotion. I don't care if you are insulted, but aren't people also insulted when you start flaming? I didn't want this to be droved so much, and I did ask you to apologize, but it seems that you are too proud to admit about your mistakes.

Nin- I don't want to even comment about your sudden revolt.
Old September 26, 2010, 05:48:30 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Shadow and SoT - Pretty similar, a bit strict and business-like (lolz) but they are good that way.
Thanks for that, SK. I'll try to loosen up a bit =P

Quote:
Well scrolling through the staff page. I realized that to many positions have been given out.
Sure there might be good reasonings for that. But 5% of those staff are not even active. 40% are active but therefor do not moderate threads or so.
Pushing aside the fact of having a life or can't find anything to moderate.

But seriously its just a mess. I believe there should be a demotion stage.
Its just my thought of it.
We all appreciate your feedback, but I have to say it provides little to explanation of your perspective. First of all, how did you come up with those statistics? I'm sure most of the staff members over here are active, and they do their moderation jobs quite well. Maybe we do have more staff members than needed, but that's not a really big issue. In spite of that, I'd like you to point out some examples to support your opinion and make it valid.

Quote:
Spirit of Time is a childish flamer. He posted this lovely flame about me and took the time to run a fine-tooth comb over some of my posts and completely take them out of context. He shouldn't be allowed to slander me like that.

Spirit of Time Flames!!!    

And if this post is deleted or edited, it just proves I was right. Spirit of Time himself suggested I do this. All of his comments are wrong, since he knows nothing about what REALLY happened. I feel 100% insulted and violated that someone who's a rank above me can get away with this.

BTW, this only started because he wanted to "play" with a banned member, allowing him to come back, only to get banned again, without even a change to redeem himself. Shame on you Spirit of Time.
You bringing out this whole argument to the public is probably just as immature, since it was already being talked about in the 'Moderators' board. Seriously, it just seems as though you want to make him look like a bad member in front of all the members, which is not very good =/

Last edited by Shadow; September 26, 2010 at 06:15:31 AM.
Old September 26, 2010, 05:57:39 AM
Kyurem

I gotta stop getting involved here...
  • However, the issue is not one that needs to be private; it occurred in the public so its fine to bring it up in the public. Likewise, it is not something that is questioning one's moderation but rather one's ethics and activity. It was already stated mods could talk about other mods, and moreover it is a "complaints" thread.
  • The post of question should arguably be in question - though I haven't honestly checked the details. However, it does not source the original posts and most certainly appears to take them very much out of context (they aren't even complete sentences).
  • I would argue Spirit has been acting slightly different lately, though I'd like to leave it at that.

Ultimately, I do think there is some unfairness in the arguments that this is not appropriate for this thread. Though, the insults should lighten up here, and both Jason and Spirit have been throwing them around like fireballs.
Old September 26, 2010, 06:10:55 AM
Shaymin

Ugh, the fight needs to end already. I say SoT and Jason and Cat/another admin[probably other than Freeze, considering he is a tiny bit biased towards Jason, no offense, heck I'd probably recommend Yush over Cat because he's completely unbiased] need to get in an IMing service group chat and figure out this issue, because at it's current state, it's just constant yelling at each other instead of trying to fix anything.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 26, 2010 at 06:12:42 AM.
Old September 26, 2010, 06:20:12 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Ugh, the fight needs to end already. I say SoT and Jason and Cat/another admin[probably other than Freeze, considering he is a tiny bit biased towards Jason, no offense, heck I'd probably recommend Yush over Cat because he's completely unbiased] need to get in an IMing service group chat and figure out this issue, because at it's current state, it's just constant yelling at each other instead of trying to fix anything.
From where I stand Cat isn't in a position to do anything either (though I agree I certainly am biased). I actually think Yoshi is the only one who has no prior relations with either member, and would be well suited as a moderator. Lux may also be fine.

Regardless, I do agree.
Old September 26, 2010, 07:23:53 AM
Rayquaza

I agree on having any judge between us. Also, I want to reassure that since they started, I asked for an apology, but she refused and continued with her insults. If you go and check the details FW, then you would notice that I warned Jason couple of times not to test my nerve and stop the argument. She didn't listen, so I started the war, and it won't stop unless she apologized. If you guys know me as being the calm one and the one on the border then yeah, I am. But I am not a person who is going to keep my mouth shut when someone attacks me. I am good, but I am not a person without dignity, and if someone humiliates me, then I become wild.

Again, I will accpet any kind of judge; Yoshi, Cat or Lux. None other then these 3.
Old September 26, 2010, 07:33:19 AM
Celebi

What do I need to apologize for? I'm sorry that I was trying to defend a member you wanted to play with? Yeah. I'm sorry. Have fun with your boyfriend then. =/ Spirit, you lowly quoted randomly, without the original source. That's so immature and mean. You're picking just on me. Why else would I think everyone hates me when you prove that point! (BTW, Nin isn't your slave. He can think whatever he wants.)
Old September 26, 2010, 07:52:58 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
What do I need to apologize for? I'm sorry that I was trying to defend a member you wanted to play with? Yeah. I'm sorry. Have fun with your boyfriend then. =/ Spirit, you lowly quoted randomly, without the original source. That's so immature and mean. You're picking just on me. Why else would I think everyone hates me when you prove that point! (BTW, Nin isn't your slave. He can think whatever he wants.)
I thought we are moving this to a private chat?
Also, why are you so stubborn? I never meant to "play" with a member. I was commenting on how the situation was, when he was getting banned constantly. I was commenting that is turning like a game, and what proves my point is that I never banned him myself,and I never wanted to ban him personally. Did you get it now? You are misunderstanding, and in the same time yelling at me for no reason. Also, what I quoted you can be easily found here. Everyone can go and search through your posts and see what I meant. But I did ask for an apology because you guys flamed at me without understand what I posted, and still continuing your actions. Again, remember that I warned you before starting this fight with you. If you wanted peace int he first place, you ould have listened to my warnings, rather than calling me mean now. Oh, and I am mean when it comes to fighting with me, and that's why I warned you in the first place. Again, I can easily stop this if you just apologize and admit that you misunderstood me. If not, then I accept any judge except for FW because of obvious reasons. Oh, and don't go talking on behalf of Ningamer. He is a completely different story.
Old September 26, 2010, 07:55:24 AM
Giratina

:l

I'm being mentioned.

*Backs away slowly*
Old September 26, 2010, 08:01:54 AM
Shaymin

Jason_Henge and The Spirit Of Time.

STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS.
DO SO AND INFRACTIONS SHALL BE HANDED OUT.
WAIT UNTIL YOU AND AN ADMIN CAN SORT ALL THIS OUT.

...Moving on...

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 26, 2010 at 08:05:22 AM.
Old September 26, 2010, 08:36:06 AM
Haxorus

Now this is something that should be obviously pointed out.
This last conversation shows how some moderators can act.
I hope this does not repeat itself because complaining in such a manner isn't staff worthy.
Old September 26, 2010, 08:43:25 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Now this is something that should be obviously pointed out.
This last conversation shows how some moderators can act.
I hope this does not repeat itself because complaining in such a manner isn't staff worthy.
It's worth noting that such problems rarely arise between staff members, so this situation can be considered as an exception. Also, staff members are humans; they do mistakes just like all the members over here. So using this as an example is not really convincing enough.
Old September 26, 2010, 08:45:46 AM
Giratina

And maybe we shouldn't over react, eh? We should all try our best to just apologize and move on even in a situation like this.. Even if you have to hide your anger, which is much easier on the internet vs. in real life.
Old October 14, 2010, 11:58:34 AM
Kyurem

I think GrassPokemonFTW should be a Mod. I also think Ningamer, Spirit, and Shadow should to be promo.
Old October 14, 2010, 05:44:41 PM
Regigigas

Well, I agree that I`ve seen GrassPokemonFTW being quite active lately.

In regards to disputes, if they do end up happening, then at least they can serve as a lesson in the future. That way there`ll be a more concrete way to deal with Isshu`s that may come up later on.
Old October 14, 2010, 09:11:46 PM
Kyurem

It would be cruel of me to not like anyone. I love all the members here, staff and regulars alike. Which is why I find myself spending much time on VR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblast64 View Post
I think GrassPokemonFTW should be a Mod. I also think Ningamer, Spirit, and Shadow should to be promo.
Thanks Hotblast! I would love to be a member of the staff here; but if I did, I'd have to hope I don't end up being complained about on this thread. :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
In regards to disputes, if they do end up happening, then at least they can serve as a lesson in the future. That way there`ll be a more concrete way to deal with Isshu`s that may come up later on.
I totally agree that old arguments can be precedents for new arguments. Of course, I highly doubt that every single argument that imposed a new solution would be remembered. How would we go about remembering all the arguments? Should there be some sort of "argument solution archive"?
Old October 15, 2010, 03:03:06 AM
Giratina

Quote:
1- A member is 'modded' based on a certain list of criteria which is met. As far as I know, it includes activity, contribution, decent grammar, a judging mind and the ability to organize stuff around. GrassPokemon is a great member on the forums, but the decision is not yours or mine, and it only comes when the forums need more staff members.
2- Again, it is not up to any of us. A member will get promoted once he is found to be suitable for that by Cat/FreezeWarp/possibly other administrators, as they know the right time.

Last edited by Shadow; October 15, 2010 at 03:06:55 AM.
Old October 16, 2010, 12:04:56 PM
Giratina

Not to be a bother or look at specific people, but I suggest you demote a global mod and an assistant mod. Just to make the staff list less crowded. And I think Lux is going to be re-promoted after her move, right?
Old October 16, 2010, 12:23:33 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Not to be a bother or look at specific people, but I suggest you demote a global mod and an assistant mod. Just to make the staff list less crowded. And I think Lux is going to be re-promoted after her move, right?
She is going to be repromoted after her move.
I personally think James should be demoted due to inactivity, IMO.
Old October 16, 2010, 08:50:47 PM
Kyurem

Wasn't James already demoted for inactivity? Or are you suggesting that he should be demoted to an As. Mod or Site Staff?
Old October 16, 2010, 08:54:56 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW View Post
Wasn't James already demoted for inactivity? Or are you suggesting that he should be demoted to an As. Mod or Site Staff?
I meant demotion to normal member. No point in keeping a staff member if they aren't going to do anything.
Old October 16, 2010, 09:05:37 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I meant demotion to normal member. No point in keeping a staff member if they aren't going to do anything.
Oh, I see. I would agree with you on that measure; I rarely see James at all.
Old October 16, 2010, 09:10:15 PM
Administrator

I somewhat agree on the James demotion. He told me he is having personal troubles as well as difficult work in school, but a temporary demotion shouldn't hurt.
Old October 16, 2010, 10:07:27 PM
Celebi

Of course, temporary means less than 24-hours for Cat. XDDD
Old October 17, 2010, 04:44:21 AM
Kyurem

Why is Site Staff a rank because it is just Jason and Greenman. I think Moderators should be back and a staff reform? That is my opoion.
Old October 17, 2010, 08:06:58 AM
Giratina

Site Staff's still a rank to let people know what Green and Jason actually do something useful around the site. I'm sure they'd like to get noticed for what they do.
Old October 17, 2010, 01:01:12 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I somewhat agree on the James demotion. He told me he is having personal troubles as well as difficult work in school, but a temporary demotion shouldn't hurt.
I think every one does; for what its worth, he told me to ask you as to what he's doing and why he can't be active right now. (I get the impression you can't really give an answer). I definitely agree with a temporary demotion if nothing else.

Quote:
Of course, temporary means less than 24-hours for Cat. XDDD
...You don't know the half of it xD

(...Myself, Magmaster12, Sunny, so-on and so-fourth)
Old October 18, 2010, 12:17:38 PM
Kyurem

I think we need more Asst. Mod and Asst. Admin because Mod used to have over 10 member at one time and now 7. Asst. Admin is now just Lite. Global have more than Asst. Moderators I think the inactive one to be move back. Maybe we should reopen the appication for staff thread?

Last edited by Aquablast; October 18, 2010 at 12:23:08 PM.
Old October 18, 2010, 12:30:49 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I think we need more Asst. Mod and Asst. Admin because Mod used to have over 10 member at one time and now 7. Asst. Admin is now just Lite. Global have more than Asst. Moderators I think the inactive one to be move back. Maybe we should reopen the appication for staff thread?
I really don't think we need any more staff, probably less. At least half of the active (posting and chatting) members of VR are already staff.

And Lux will be an Asst. Admin again when she settles in her new home.

Last edited by SK; October 18, 2010 at 12:31:11 PM.
Old October 18, 2010, 12:42:10 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
First off, I think you should look to FW for some guidance because he (and ofcourse Cat) was the only person to ask me why I was being inactive. Obviously I'd have a good motive to being inactive all of a sudden. Second off, I'm rebuilding my website from scratch under Cat's hosting (which is the biggest pain in the arse to remake over 100+ pages perfectly) and I have all AP honor classes and usually come home at 5 everyday. THAT'S WHY I'M INACTIVE, thanks for asking. And Cat and I talked and I will remain member till my website is complete and I will resume Asst. Admin duties. A word for the wise to every person that says a staff member is inactive, ask them why using Private or Visitor Messaging before jumping to conclusions.
Old October 18, 2010, 01:53:15 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
First off, I think you should look to FW for some guidance because he (and ofcourse Cat) was the only person to ask me why I was being inactive. Obviously I'd have a good motive to being inactive all of a sudden. Second off, I'm rebuilding my website from scratch under Cat's hosting (which is the biggest pain in the arse to remake over 100+ pages perfectly) and I have all AP honor classes and usually come home at 5 everyday. THAT'S WHY I'M INACTIVE, thanks for asking. And Cat and I talked and I will remain member till my website is complete and I will resume Asst. Admin duties. A word for the wise to every person that says a staff member is inactive, ask them why using Private or Visitor Messaging before jumping to conclusions.
Defensive much? Hey, it was just his opinion.
Old October 18, 2010, 04:52:22 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Defensive much? Hey, it was just his opinion.
I see no defensive emotions here. I see truth. Anyone could point fingers but a true person would ask why someone was inactive.
Old October 18, 2010, 05:56:26 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Rawr. You go get JAD, who doesn't care about the members at all!

I remember you mentioning something about being inactive and saw your VMs on Cat's profile. While I didn't know why you were being inactive, I kind of knew you weren't inactive just for the heck of it. But you do have a point. You have no idea how many Staff makes threads to gossip about people and jump to conclusions... and it takes about 10 pages of "what if's" until someone is smart enough to actually ask that user anything! XD Staff fail!
Old October 18, 2010, 05:59:07 PM
Kyurem

Well, in that case, James, how can you handle all that stuff and still be a staff member at VR? It seems like too huge a plate to put all of your stuff on. :/
Old October 18, 2010, 06:01:41 PM
Celebi

Maybe this way?

Quote:
And Cat and I talked and I will remain member till my website is complete and I will resume Asst. Admin duties.
Old October 18, 2010, 06:16:10 PM
Shaymin

Yay Jason's back on the JAD is the worst person ever spree again! Woot.

James, I knew you were out doing your website and such, as I said on your VMs, I heard you were working on your website and were somewhat busy. However, don't go insta-defensive and make me look like some bad guy. Let me remind you who was the one who didn't say that he would be out when we have a thread set specific to saying you'll be out. Plus, why would it be viable to PM you or VM you if you were inactive? Inactive = Not on the site = You wouldn't check it, so why would that be worthwhile in my case in finding out where you were? *sigh* This is pretty stupid to argue about since what I asked for happened because you are demoted, but whatever...
Old October 18, 2010, 06:19:59 PM
Volcarona

Even tho in my inactivity I still went on VR everyday to see what was going on. My name was in the "Users in the past 24 hours" thing. But no i'm not making you look like the bad guy. But if you REALLY were curious you could've looked to see when I was last on and emailed me. I'm known to answer emails back ASAP. And like I said sorry for the harshness but I hate when people jump the gun <_<. I am ALWAYS available to conversations through many forms of communication. 1 including email. Oh and Grass once my website is complete I should have a lot more free time.
Old October 18, 2010, 06:43:49 PM
Kyurem

Oh, I see. Well, that clears things up for me. James, do as you were always doing.

Jason and JAD, please don't fight. I can start smelling smoke rising again.
Old October 18, 2010, 06:46:08 PM
Volcarona

Don't worry I told Jad not to. And LOL I was messing around with your signature.
Old October 19, 2010, 11:52:36 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW View Post
Oh, I see. Well, that clears things up for me. James, do as you were always doing.

Jason and JAD, please don't fight. I can start smelling smoke rising again.
*looks for deleted post* I wish JAD would stop abusing power and deleting posts. (Told you.) And if this post is edited at all, just more proof of staff sippin' Haterade~ By the way, "Complaints/Ratings about Staff". This is the thread, right? Why call it "complaints" if I can't complain about some terrible staff members? XD

My previous post wasn't off-topic. It was replying to someone.

To keep this post on-topic, in case "someone" wants to nit-pick it away:

Ratings:
Cat333Pokemon- 5/10 ~ A good Admin, but sometimes a puppet for other's choices.
FreezeWarp- 9/10 ~ An excellent person who takes the time to talk to you to figure out the problem.
OMGITSJAD- OMG 0/10 ~ As mature as Idno.
Lite- 6/10 ~ A total jerk at first, but he's pretty awesome. He does allow some members to control him though.
Alakazamaster- 8/10 ~ Bumped to GMod and doesn't have that snobby ego yet. ^_^
More later.
Old October 19, 2010, 11:59:03 AM
Giratina

*cough*

This message has been deleted by Ningamer. Reason: THIS is a troll, kids.

Don't jump to conclusions.

:l
You really have a huge grudge against him, don't you? And also one against JAD, too, I take it.

Bumped to GMod and doesn't have that snobby ego yet. ^_^

Dude, all the GMods are awesome. You just happen to piss them off a lot with your constant moaning, trolling, flaming and pointless over-the-top outbursts over the most petit things.
Old October 19, 2010, 12:06:48 PM
Giratina

Quote:
*looks for deleted post* I wish JAD would stop abusing power and deleting posts. (Told you.) And if this post is edited at all, just more proof of staff sippin' Haterade~ By the way, "Complaints/Ratings about Staff". This is the thread, right? Why call it "complaints" if I can't complain about some terrible staff members? XD

Ratings:
FreezeWarp- 9/10 ~ An excellent person who takes the time to talk to you to figure out the problem.
Lite- 6/10 ~ A total jerk at first, but he's pretty awesome. He does allow some members to control him though.
More later.
Jason, stop hating. That's why most people around here aren't exactly favored towards you.

As for that rating you gave Cat, thanks for utilizing what you say about him.
Don't be a hypocrite.

And JAD is not immature, neither is Idno. If anything I'm more immature than both of them combined. I don't want to hear anyhting about them. Just take it out on me or something. Seriously.
Old October 19, 2010, 02:42:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:

Ratings:
More later.
*sighs* The smoke I was smelling was no fluke. And now it's turning into a blaze.

JAD is most definitely mature (if you're not mature at 17, then... *tugs collar*). I know I may not have been on VR very long (this is only my 4th month here), but I have never really seen JAD act so much as "immature". Idno, I don't really understand either, even if I've never been the biggest fan of Idno.

Nonetheless, at times like these, I prefer to be diplomatic. I think that both of you (JAD, Idno and you, Jason) took a little bit of a wrong swing.

Sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings, and as much I hate having to post this, it had to be said.

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 19, 2010 at 02:42:39 PM.
Old October 19, 2010, 03:56:20 PM
Volcarona

How can there be hate here? It's the INTARNETZ.
Old October 20, 2010, 01:38:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I can explain why. Lately, school has been a bit insane. If you don't believe me, just try juggling weekly x86 assembly programs that have several hundred lines each with twice-a-week college Calculus II assignments and Intermediate Japanese I, all while worrying about failing an English test (which I did). When you've got all that on top of nagging staff complaining to me about how X doesn't like Y and how flame wars keep starting between said staff and the rest of the people talking along with trying to get some freakin' work done (such as the new Floatzel layout and the oekaki) while trying to find time to relax and sleep, only then can you see what I have to deal with on a regular basis. Then there's the lovely five-in-the-morning notices I get when the server goes down. I sleep from 2 AM to 10 AM, so that's right in the middle of my rest. (Thank you to those who sent the messages for letting me know, though.) Oh, then there's the lovely times when I just so happen to be doing homework and someone pesters me about something important on YouTube. Oh, and there's the itty bitty matter of trying to keep the site running. Really, when I get finished with a big homework assignment--or worse, when I'm about to start one--I don't want to see a bunch of finger-pointing and yelling at me about why I don't come in and stop it. I hope that tells you why I cut corners when it comes to accepting others' choices, because I have no flippin' time to make them myself, thank you very much!

That's why I try to pass stuff off to FreezeWarp, who actually has more time to talk to those nagging staff and still get time to work on VictoryBattles.

Edit: I had another long day, so I was tired when I said this. As such, it might seem a bit harsh.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 20, 2010 at 03:38:18 AM. Reason: Yes, I am pointing my finger directly at you, Jason. Freeze made you happy and I didn't, that's why. 3/10.
Old October 20, 2010, 03:58:20 AM
Celebi

Cat, thank you for letting me know, but it would have taken you two seconds to tell me something like that in a few sentences. Even if you made me ruler of the world, you would still be 5/10 because you are a puppet and I'm starting to lose respect for you. You'd rather make people than doing what's right. Freeze and I are talking about your bad decisions to make nagging staff happy. This is why you're a puppet. I know you're a good person, but right now, it's just hard to see it.

Ningamer, YOU'RE the troll. Ever heard of freedom of speech? I have a right to say anything. You're jumping to conclusions. Look what you started by deleting something, you terrible Mod. I do have a problem with JAD because he hates me. I will continue to hate JAD until he can Admin up and prove me wrong.

SK, ...wtf? Troll much? Are you asking to continue this fight? XD
Old October 20, 2010, 05:22:26 AM
Rayquaza

It is turning ridiculous here as the whole point of the argument is lost.

No more posts about this argument is allowed. Any more, and the post will get deleted, and an infraction will be given.

Let us keep the thread for other members who want to complain or rate.
Thank you.
Old October 20, 2010, 02:40:31 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
It is turning ridiculous here as the whole point of the argument is lost.

No more posts about this argument is allowed. Any more, and the post will get deleted, and an infraction will be given.

Let us keep the thread for other members who want to complain or rate.
Thank you.
Thank you Spirit. Better to put the blaze out rather than keeping it up. Keeping it up is bound to get someone burnt.

BTW, I just realized there's only two assistant admins. (Lite and Lux)
I think someone oughta be promoted. Shadow and Spirit I think are good candidates for a promotion.

(Of course, my argument in null and void if no one has time.)
Old October 20, 2010, 03:23:24 PM
Regigigas

Well, I told myself I wouldn`t get involved in this, which I suppose I`m still technically not, but on the issue that`s obviously arisen from this thread, perhaps we should just let people (regular users, to get general feedback, advice, etc.) post here. If a Staff Member has a particular issue with a matter brought up by one of the posts, they can always just have a private discussion with that user through PMs. Given that having so many responses to posts in this thread leads to disputes among them due to differing opinion, everyone should probably keep in mind that a specific post concerning a member of the Staff is concerning them, and nobody else. Because other users (who generally have the best intentions) end up reacting to posts in the relevant Staff Member`s stead, it makes the situation unnecessarily complicated. Just let the corresponding Staff Member handle things, that way, at the very least, there won`t be 10 different members trying to agree on an answer or response to what`s been said.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; October 20, 2010 at 03:25:25 PM.
Old October 20, 2010, 04:09:17 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
Well, I told myself I wouldn`t get involved in this, which I suppose I`m still technically not, but on the issue that`s obviously arisen from this thread, perhaps we should just let people (regular users, to get general feedback, advice, etc.) post here. If a Staff Member has a particular issue with a matter brought up by one of the posts, they can always just have a private discussion with that user through PMs. Given that having so many responses to posts in this thread leads to disputes among them due to differing opinion, everyone should probably keep in mind that a specific post concerning a member of the Staff is concerning them, and nobody else. Because other users (who generally have the best intentions) end up reacting to posts in the relevant Staff Member`s stead, it makes the situation unnecessarily complicated. Just let the corresponding Staff Member handle things, that way, at the very least, there won`t be 10 different members trying to agree on an answer or response to what`s been said.
...Best idea all year. So, yeah, I think this is a wonderous policy for now.