Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > Victory News

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 2, 2011, 05:20:11 AM
Giratina

Default Victory News Issue #1 Feedback/Suggestions

The first issue of the Victory News has been recently launched and sent to every member on the forums. Since it will become a monthly event, the Victory News staff (A'bom, AuraKshatriya, Shadow, The Spirit of Time) are curious to know what you think of the newsletter so far. Please state your opinion on the Victory News in this thread, and also don't hesitate to suggest adding or changing things if you think they will improve its overall quality. The staff already have plans to expand the newsletter furthermore as more issues are released, but this thread aims to give everyone, not just staff members, a chance to request more features or changes to the newsletter. Although every feedback is appreciated, try to keep it as mature and practical as possible so that your opinion is taken seriously by the staff.

(Note: The issue regarding the font colour has been addressed and fixed, so please avoid repeating this over here.)

Last edited by Shadow; February 2, 2011 at 05:21:59 AM.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:22:20 AM
Volcarona

Talking

victory news are great!!!so in the next issue you will interview cat333pokemon?
Old February 2, 2011, 08:32:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucarioLOVER View Post
victory news are great!!!so in the next issue you will interview cat333pokemon?
Yes, and I will try my best to make it as interesting as possible without asking very embarrassing questions.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:21:48 PM
Volcarona

I think Victory News is an outstanding idea. I can't wait for the next issue.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:44:24 PM
Giratina

Haha, this is awesome. Very similar to a newspaper type thing that a member on another site I go to puts out every week. One suggestion that I have comes from that very newspaper, which has various "advertisements" that people asked him to add to it. My suggestion is that you have various advertisements on the VR newspaper for things such as sprite shops. Nothing too major, but I think it would be pretty cool.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:59:40 PM
Kyurem

SK's ideas sound pretty cool.
The VR news is great, and something I'll probably like to see more of. :3
Old February 2, 2011, 02:25:58 PM
Kyurem

Well, an incredibly basic suggestion: use style-specific headers. They look sooo much better to a user (or at least me).

(The spoiler is a good enough example; its colour theme will change with the style.)
Old February 2, 2011, 03:31:01 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Haha, this is awesome. Very similar to a newspaper type thing that a member on another site I go to puts out every week. One suggestion that I have comes from that very newspaper, which has various "advertisements" that people asked him to add to it. My suggestion is that you have various advertisements on the VR newspaper for things such as sprite shops. Nothing too major, but I think it would be pretty cool.
That was one of the things we considered when originally writing it, but given that we had a rather strict time constraint, we didn't want to fill up the newsletter with too many new additions/add-ons until the layout, format, and issue itself were released and finalized, so we would have something more to work with for future implementations. But I agree, that's a good idea.
Old February 3, 2011, 04:03:56 AM
Giratina

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. We'll try our best to improve the Victory News as more issues get released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Well, an incredibly basic suggestion: use style-specific headers. They look sooo much better to a user (or at least me).

(The spoiler is a good enough example; its colour theme will change with the style.)
I'll contact A'bom to notify him of that.

Last edited by Shadow; February 3, 2011 at 04:04:57 AM.