Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 30, 2011, 04:09:39 AM
Zoroark

Default Help with gen 4 -> 5 migration via .sav

Suppose you have no 2nd DS, or are using a hack on an emulator, or for whatever reason, you cannot find any way to trade pokemon except via transferring on the PC using either an emulator, or just the save files. How do you do that?

I have downloaded a tool called ******* from Project Pokemon which allows view and edit of every single owned pokemon in a .sav file. It works with 4th and 5th gen games, and it can select multiple pokemon. But it never dumps more than 1 pokemon at a time, I need to dump 500+.

Or perhaps there are some other tools to use? I figured that the hacking community uses these tools. Anyone who can point me towards what to do is welcome!
Old August 17, 2011, 08:47:01 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searinox View Post
Suppose you have no 2nd DS, or are using a hack on an emulator, or for whatever reason, you cannot find any way to trade pokemon except via transferring on the PC using either an emulator, or just the save files. How do you do that?

I have downloaded a tool called ******* from Project Pokemon which allows view and edit of every single owned pokemon in a .sav file. It works with 4th and 5th gen games, and it can select multiple pokemon. But it never dumps more than 1 pokemon at a time, I need to dump 500+.

Or perhaps there are some other tools to use? I figured that the hacking community uses these tools. Anyone who can point me towards what to do is welcome!
You essentially want to transfer Pokemon to a Gen 5 game? What I would do is write the save files to a game card and borrow another DS and transfer them over. When done, dump the .sav from the card and continue playing on. If that is applicable.
Old October 19, 2011, 11:32:05 AM
Charizard

Use KazoWAR's PokéTransfer tool to "convert" the 4th gen .pkm files to 5th gen .pkm files.
You will have to do this one by one, though.