Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 23, 2014, 12:00:32 AM
Administrator

Default Pokémon Battle Trozei

I figured, with a few folks around here having bought Pokémon Battle Trozei, that we ought to have a thread dedicated to figuring out the game's mechanics or posting recent happenings.

Has anyone yet figured out how evolving Pokémon works? I've heard it involves a high combo with a super-effective move on the base Pokémon, but I don't know any specifics or even if that's true.
Old March 23, 2014, 03:58:47 AM
Giratina

Evolving... you mean where the evolved form comes out in the wild? Well, I've been playing around with that for quite a while. It was mostly from when I received a box clearing Trozei on the Pokémon that needs to evolve. I know it doesn't need to be super effective because I used to think that you had to change the support Pokémon's type to that of the boss Pokémon... :I
Old March 23, 2014, 05:53:11 AM
Haxorus

Can the guys who have the game tell me how good it is? I'm not sure whether to buy this one or not... I wish they could've made it for retail. Oh, well. Maybe they'll put the original in the VC once DS games start going into the eshop.
Old March 23, 2014, 08:42:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
Can the guys who have the game tell me how good it is? I'm not sure whether to buy this one or not... I wish they could've made it for retail. Oh, well. Maybe they'll put the original in the VC once DS games start going into the eshop.
Lol retail. You know it's 8 bucks right? They can't put out an $8 Pokémon game for retail. It's a really good puzzle game, but you'd have to be a Pokémon enthusiast/hardcore Nintendo fanboy/have Trozei be a part of your childhood (that's me) to really feel that it's worth the $8. The length is moderate from what I've seen so far, but there's no real story or benefit to a main series Pokémon game. I'm addicted to it, but opinions vary from person to person.
Old March 23, 2014, 08:53:49 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
You know it's 8 bucks right? They can't put out an $8 Pokémon game for retail.
I know that it's not worth putting on retail because it's probably much shorter than trozei, but I was just saying I wish they had made it into something LONG/ BIG ENOUGH to be put on retail. Thanks for your opinions, though, I'll be sure to put that into consideration.
Old March 23, 2014, 10:11:32 AM
Administrator

And if it's enough of a reason, I believe the music is composed by the same person who made the music for Colosseum and XD. Listen to it enough, and it becomes obvious.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 23, 2014 at 10:11:50 AM.
Old March 23, 2014, 10:18:18 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
And if it's enough of a reason, I believe the music is composed by the same person who made the music for Colosseum and XD. Listen to it enough, and it becomes obvious.
The music for the last Pokémon is STRIKINGLY similar to the trainer battle music in XD. Same wave guitar and everything.

Edit: Decided to look it up. The composer's name is Tsukasa Tawada. He's done the music for Colosseum, XD, Trozei, Battle Revolution, and Battle Trozei.

Last edited by TurtwigX; March 23, 2014 at 08:26:50 PM.
Old March 23, 2014, 10:54:59 AM
Haxorus

He didn't do the music for X and Y?
Old March 23, 2014, 11:05:56 AM
Giratina

Quote:
He didn't do the music for X and Y?
Tawada didn't work on any of the main series Pokémon games. The Sound Director for X and Y was Shota Kageyama, and 3 other people (including Masuda) were on the music team.
Old March 23, 2014, 11:17:51 AM
Haxorus

Hm. Maybe they drew influence from Tawada's work?
Old March 23, 2014, 11:27:06 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Hm. Maybe they drew influence from Tawada's work?
What do you mean by that? Got any examples from X and Y that sound like Battle Trozei's music or one of the other games he's worked on? Often times inspiration isn't drawn from a side series game.
Old March 23, 2014, 11:47:29 AM
Haxorus

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the use of guitar in the battle themes sounded fairly similar to that of the songs in the Collosseum/XD OSTs.

Last edited by Eagles; March 23, 2014 at 11:47:56 AM.
Old March 23, 2014, 01:33:57 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I thought the use of guitar in the battle themes sounded fairly similar to that of the songs in the Collosseum/XD OSTs.
Yeah, it's just you. Guitars have been a major thing in Pokémon music since FR/LG and the style is still different from that of Trozei.
Old March 25, 2014, 01:41:23 PM
Administrator

Jeez, this game can be frustrating. I hate when the Pokémon you're Trozeiing get transformed, especially when you just completed a row of six of a powerful Pokémon and are about to do the row of three to start the Trozei Chance.

But whatever you do, do not let the boss Pokémon into the box. They are so evil. Not only do they prevent a lot of Pokémon from even getting in, but they also jump and wipe out a few Pokémon above them, and they swerve to the left/right (again, clearing out everything in the way). You're practically forced to line up whatever you can just to get a chance for more super effective Pokémon to replace what gets cleared.
Old March 25, 2014, 08:12:37 PM
Giratina

Oh you are such a baby. You thought you were buying a game without a little challenge?

But I will admit, the first time something dropped into the grid I got scared and freaked out quite a bit. Then the next time TWO Pokémon fell in and I started hyperventilating. Then GIGANTIC DEOXYS fell in and I said "Is this what being in hell is like?" I had no space at all, so I gave up. I so was not ready.
Old March 25, 2014, 08:26:01 PM
Administrator

No, I knew it would have challenge. I'm just commenting about how it can be frustrating watching the boss say, "Oh, were you trying to line up those Pokémon? Let me help," simply because it decided to attack before the game acknowledged they were lined up.