Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 6, 2013, 04:29:43 PM
Charizard

Exclamation YouTube Videos Ending Early

Anyone having this problem? This started happening to me about a couple weeks ago. Lowering video quality didn't help either.

A video would sometimes end earlier than it should and it'll do it at random. Say the video is 10 minutes long, the video might end at oh say 5:23 min. I would have to reload the same video again and it might end at 7 min or it might play the whole video. It randomly happens to any video I would watch. Some videos play fine and some not. It's totally random.

Yes I tried clearing the cache and my history on my browsers (IE, Chrome, & Firefox) and disabling software like an adblocker. None of these worked. I also checked the internet connection and that doesn't seem to be problem either.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?

It's VERY annoying!

Last edited by BigN64; May 6, 2013 at 04:33:37 PM.
Old May 6, 2013, 04:50:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigN64 View Post
Anyone having this problem? This started happening to me about a couple weeks ago. Lowering video quality didn't help either.

A video would sometimes end earlier than it should and it'll do it at random. Say the video is 10 minutes long, the video might end at oh say 5:23 min. I would have to reload the same video again and it might end at 7 min or it might play the whole video. It randomly happens to any video I would watch. Some videos play fine and some not. It's totally random.

Yes I tried clearing the cache and my history on my browsers (IE, Chrome, & Firefox) and disabling software like an adblocker. None of these worked. I also checked the internet connection and that doesn't seem to be problem either.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?

It's VERY annoying!
This happens to me too, but on rare occasions.

My more recent problem with Youtube is that the video sometimes drops down in terms of quality (in my case, the video becomes somewhat blurry). Now whenever this happens, the audio gets warped as well.
Old May 6, 2013, 04:55:06 PM
Administrator

I very often have problems with the quality changing rapidly, sometimes down to 144p then all the way up to 720p and back. I'm pretty sure it's because of an unstable network, but it's really annoying.

Videos ending early? That usually means your network connection drops.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:51:29 PM
Administrator

I just got this oddity. What the heck?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Don't share outside Google.png
Views:	1248
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	4832  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 9, 2013 at 12:52:46 PM.
Old May 9, 2013, 01:48:19 PM
Volcarona

I too have the random video stopping problem. I usually fix it by pressing pause when the video first starts and let it load all the way through at my desired resolution before clicking play. It's not ideal, but it's a fix none the less.
Old May 9, 2013, 02:00:04 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I just got this oddity. What the heck?

It's a Youtube bug, as reported here.
Old May 10, 2013, 08:35:40 PM
Charizard

I used to have this issue a lot of times in the past couple of years, but nowadays, such isn't the case.

However, I do have the issue of the audio stopping at several occasions in the video for unknown reasons.