Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

View Poll Results: What rating would you give my remixes and audio projects?
Excellent 7 58.33%
Good 4 33.33%
Neutral 1 8.33%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old March 1, 2012, 07:59:37 AM
Haxorus

Default Seiji Konokama's Audio Zone

**IMPORTANT NOTICE**
The Audio Zone is now closed because it's too much of a hassle for me to maintain. All content can be found on my OneDrive: Seiji's VictoryRoad Media

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; August 12, 2014 at 05:29:42 PM. Reason: Closing message added
Old April 4, 2012, 09:10:10 PM
Administrator

Mmm, I love the sound of that synthesizer in Gathering the Stars in the Night Sky. It sounds so much like an older DOS PC game.
Old April 4, 2012, 09:32:29 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Mmm, I love the sound of that synthesizer in Gathering the Stars in the Night Sky. It sounds so much like an older DOS PC game.
Glad you enjoyed it, Cat. :3
Like I had mentioned before, there will be more OPL-3 stuff on the way. I'll certainly keep you guys posted.

- Seiji
Old April 6, 2012, 11:37:41 AM
Administrator

I've listened to all of the remixes...and I'm officially impressed.
Old April 12, 2012, 10:36:49 PM
Floatzel

Seiji you didn't tell me you had an audio zone here. Well then I'm guessing I'm going to have to hit the like button on all these posts! You never fail to amaze me with these remixes and your originals.

Last edited by Wulf Cines; April 12, 2012 at 10:39:38 PM.
Old April 13, 2012, 07:22:14 AM
Kyurem

I think I'm liking what I heard, especially Lufia 2 - Final Battle. That tune rocks some great melodies I like the percussion.
Old April 13, 2012, 06:36:41 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf Cines View Post
Seiji you didn't tell me you had an audio zone here. Well then I'm guessing I'm going to have to hit the like button on all these posts! You never fail to amaze me with these remixes and your originals.
Yeah, it was more or less a better idea for me to have all my audio stuff in one central location. I was going to tell you about it, but you know how forgetful I can be. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I think I'm liking what I heard, especially Lufia 2 - Final Battle. That tune rocks some great melodies I like the percussion.
Why thank you. :3
Yeah, you gotta love those gated drums in "Final Battle." It gives it that quasi-1980's feel, if you know what I mean. :3
Old April 14, 2012, 05:42:35 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiji J. Konokama View Post
Why thank you. :3
Yeah, you gotta love those gated drums in "Final Battle." It gives it that quasi-1980's feel, if you know what I mean. :3
Hehe!

Speaking of old-school and that game, I wonder how did the SPC chip in the SNES/SFC compared to its rivals and professional equipment I doubt a remix like that would be something unique, though, considering how late-gen SNES/SFC games sounded.

Last edited by Twiggy; April 14, 2012 at 05:44:17 AM.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:01:25 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Another new original composition, inspired in part by the music for the GBA-to-GBA link function on the Nintendo e-Reader.

Going Digital
This was a rather interesting piece, though in a very good way! I love 8-bit-ish synths with delay which is what made the intro so grand, I also love the sort of dissonance that you had going on there as well. If there were a Tron game for the Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis or something, this is something I would imagine the music being like for one of the first levels on The Grid. I loved how it sounded all happy later on in the song, great job Seiji~! :3 Btw what did you use for the 8-bit-ish synth in the intro if you don't mind me asking?
You've also reminded me I should really make a thread of my own like this sometime soon.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:50:04 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
This was a rather interesting piece, though in a very good way! I love 8-bit-ish synths with delay which is what made the intro so grand, I also love the sort of dissonance that you had going on there as well. If there were a Tron game for the Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis or something, this is something I would imagine the music being like for one of the first levels on The Grid. I loved how it sounded all happy later on in the song, great job Seiji~! :3 Btw what did you use for the 8-bit-ish synth in the intro if you don't mind me asking?
You've also reminded me I should really make a thread of my own like this sometime soon.
I think it'd be nice for an options menu or a character select menu. Still, he did a totally awesome job! :3
Old May 17, 2012, 06:31:22 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
I'm glad you liked it, Lugia. I had loads of fun in making this one. :3

For the sawtooth and square waves that gave this song an 8-bit-ish feel, I used a demo software synth known as Native Instruments Pro-53, which is modeled after the legendary Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 analog synth. I used an effect called "sample and hold," which is a very stereotypical computer/robot sound of the early 1970's to early 1980's. This is the very effect that was used to give R2D2 his "voice," albeit from a different synthesizer.

Any analog synthesizer with a variable rectangle-wave (pulse) width can be used to achieve the same general synth effects, be it the Oberheim OB-X, Roland Jupiter-8, or even the Korg PolySix. You can even emulate a Commodore 64's SID chip with a synth like these. :3

More info, a demo video, and several VST plugins of the Prophet-5:
http://www.vstcafe.com/2009/06/seque...prophet-5.html

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; May 17, 2012 at 06:37:05 PM.
Old October 30, 2012, 09:35:32 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Castlevania (NES) - Stage 1 Remix

In light of Halloween being less than a day away, I decided to make a remix from one of my favorite NES games of all time, Castlevania, from the year 1986. In this particular remix, I combined Bach's famous organ piece, Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, with the Stage 1 music from Castlevania.

Instruments used:
- Oberheim OB-Xa
- Yamaha DX7
- Roland TR-808
Something about this particular remix seems to have a weird beat that gets my groove going or something.

It gets a bit repetitive, though.
Old October 30, 2012, 12:00:20 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Something about this particular remix seems to have a weird beat that gets my groove going or something.

It gets a bit repetitive, though.
I must confess that I was a little rushed in getting this out to you guys... teaches me for hurrying through a remix.
Old November 12, 2012, 07:38:11 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
I must confess that I was a little rushed in getting this out to you guys... teaches me for hurrying through a remix.
But you never hurry through a remix. *snickers* Now this is the part where you tell me, "Laugh it up, fuzzball." lol
Old November 15, 2012, 10:33:12 AM
Haxorus

Default New SoundFont Available

Click image for larger version

Name:	dmx-e.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	4249

Oberheim DMX
Released between 1981 and 1983 by the Oberheim synthesizer company. This was the second drum machine ever released that features digital drum samples. Photo from Vintage Synth Explorer.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; February 13, 2013 at 09:09:43 AM. Reason: Uploaded the image as an attachment, fixed link
Old December 13, 2012, 11:56:06 AM
Haxorus

For my 26th birthday, I've decided to share some more tunes with you:

Sonic Advance - Ice Mountain
Sega Master System - Attract Screen (System BIOS)
Lightening Force - Fighting Back (Strite Part 1)
Raiden II - Soul of Thunder (Stage 7)

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; February 13, 2013 at 09:08:36 AM. Reason: Fixed Links
Old January 11, 2013, 09:33:56 AM
Haxorus

My first submissions for the year 2013:

Medley - Chrono Trigger Ending/Final Fantasy 7 Prelude. The MIDI for this was given to me by VictoryRoad user Wulf Cines.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - In Hell. This comes from one of my most favorite PC games of all time: Jazz Jackrabbit 2. Probably the darkest-sounding remix I've uploaded to date.

The Revenge of Shinobi - Chinatown. This one goes out to GalliumGrant, also a fan of the famous Sega composer, Yuzo Koshiro.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; February 13, 2013 at 09:05:46 AM. Reason: Fixed Links
Old February 13, 2013, 10:23:13 AM
Haxorus

To celebrate a successful migration from Dropbox to Microsoft SkyDrive, I have a new SoundFont for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	korg_kpr77.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	4548

Korg KPR-77

Released between 1982 and 1983, the KPR-77 was Korg's answer to the Roland TR-606 drum machine. Like the 606, the KPR-77 is basically an analog machine. Its sounds consist of bass, snare, two toms, open and closed hi-hats, accent and (switchable) cymbal/clap. Each drum sound's level can be individual mixed via the sliders. Unfortunately the KPR does not sound nearly as nice as the 606 can. But it has a simple LCD programming display sort of like what the TR-505 sports.

Information and photo obtained from Vintage Synth Explorer.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; February 13, 2013 at 10:24:13 AM.
Old February 18, 2013, 03:14:44 PM
Haxorus

New remix:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Dracula's Castle

So I was playing Castlevania on my PS1 the other night, and of course I had just started on it, but the music from the first stage just blew me away. I knew that I just had to find the name of the song, and then try my hand at remixing it. And thus, I am presenting to you, my shot at the theme of Dracula's Castle, from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, for the original PlayStation. Hope you enjoy it. :3
Old February 27, 2013, 01:31:56 PM
Haxorus

Another entry from the Super NES classic, Donkey Kong Country.

Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience
Old February 27, 2013, 08:47:14 PM
Servine

Listening to a few of your remixes now, they're really good. Keep up the great work!
Old February 27, 2013, 10:06:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Another entry from the Super NES classic, Donkey Kong Country.

Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience
Ooh, this one sounds amazing, especially at 1:13. Nice work!
Old March 7, 2013, 01:14:36 PM
Haxorus

Here's a remix from Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, that uses samples from a Roland CR-8000 rhythm machine. The CR-8000 shares a similar analog synthesis engine as found in the TR-808, but is a preset-based drum machine like its older brother, the CR-78.

First Hip-Hop on Koholint Island

I had forgotten that I had this remix until I recently found Link's Awakening DX for Game Boy.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; March 7, 2013 at 01:14:56 PM.
Old March 7, 2013, 02:44:01 PM
Haxorus

Never played Zelda but I can still dance horribly to music.
Old March 7, 2013, 03:00:37 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol View Post
Never played Zelda but I can still dance horribly to music.
Dude, you should get at least one of the Zelda games... I think you'd like them if you're into action-adventure games. :3
Old March 7, 2013, 03:19:24 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Here's a remix from Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, that uses samples from a Roland CR-8000 rhythm machine. The CR-8000 shares a similar analog synthesis engine as found in the TR-808, but is a preset-based drum machine like its older brother, the CR-78.

First Hip-Hop on Koholint Island

I had forgotten that I had this remix until I recently found Link's Awakening DX for Game Boy.
While I'm no master on these older synthesizers and such unlike you (and Gallium to an extent), you sure do use them to your full advantage. The panning in this is... well, I'm honestly left shocked as it sounds perfect. So much stereo~ <3 The dreamy pads are delicious, reminds me of some Chrono-Cross music for some reason. These instruments worked well with this lil' Zelda tune, one I had almost forgotten about (Despite me having two copies of this game), can't wait to hear more!
Old March 21, 2013, 06:25:49 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Ooh, this one sounds amazing, especially at 1:13. Nice work!
I agree, I listened to Konokama's version of Aquatic Ambience earlier and it's nicely done. I think I'd like to post my own up here too. Before I digress too far about my works, great job Seiji. :3

Last edited by Wulf Cines; March 21, 2013 at 06:29:39 PM.
Old March 27, 2013, 03:49:51 PM
Haxorus

Decided to try the Metal Gear 2 MSX Title theme again... I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Metal Gear 2 MSX - Theme of Solid Snake (Redux)
Old April 5, 2013, 09:22:37 AM
Haxorus

Another recently-discovered song from the Donkey Kong Country trilogy for Super NES.

I had recently listened to In a Snow-Bound Land to find how similar it was to Theme from Antarctica by Vangelis, the same mastermind behind the Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire soundtracks. I wanted to recreate the aura found in Antarctica, and this is the end result.

Donkey Kong Country 2 - In a Snow-Bound Land
Old May 10, 2013, 07:43:06 AM
Haxorus

Decided to give the Viridian Forest theme from HeartGold and SoulSilver another go...
A Walk in the Woods - Viridian Forest theme from Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

This time around, I used the Bass 2 patch from the DX7 for a smoother-sounding bass line, and for rhythm, I used the Alesis SR-16. The DX7 E.Piano is still the same as before.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; May 10, 2013 at 07:45:15 AM.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:54:21 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Decided to give the Viridian Forest theme from HeartGold and SoulSilver another go...
A Walk in the Woods - Viridian Forest theme from Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

This time around, I used the Bass 2 patch from the DX7 for a smoother-sounding bass line, and for rhythm, I used the Alesis SR-16. The DX7 E.Piano is still the same as before.
Heh. This one sounds a lot warmer, and softer, than the last version. It's certainly must nicer to listen to. Guess you've improved a lot, Rin. Less of the "harsh synth" feeling, and more "comfy", huh? I really like the bass and stuff, but the drums... the reverb sounds a bit ring-y.

Oh, and after looking at the linked stuff, I've went and renamed a bunch of things. Again. I guess I really like my libraries managed.

Last edited by Twiggy; May 18, 2013 at 09:10:56 AM.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:32:45 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Heh. This one sounds a lot warmer, and softer, than the last version. It's certainly must nicer to listen to. Guess you've improved a lot, Rin. Less of the "harsh synth" feeling, and more "comfy", huh? I really like the bass and stuff, but the drums... the reverb sounds a bit ring-y.

Oh, and after looking at the linked stuff, I've went and renamed a bunch of things. Again. I guess I really like my libraries managed.
Yeah, renaming is fine by me. I have yet to update the names of the tracks in the MP3 library on my hard drive. XD

I think the reverb would have been even more "ringy" if I stuck with the good old LinnDrum rather than using the Alesis SR-16. But yeah, I think I like this revision better as well. :3

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; May 18, 2013 at 12:33:51 PM.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:31:16 PM
Floatzel

Quote:

I hear what you did there. I like how peaceful it sounds now. ^w^
Old May 27, 2013, 08:23:52 PM
Kyurem

Hmm... Are you mixing anything right now? Just something to talk about: you might want to watch the bass lines. They're too quiet sometimes.
Old May 28, 2013, 08:56:26 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Hmm... Are you mixing anything right now? Just something to talk about: you might want to watch the bass lines. They're too quiet sometimes.
Yeah, I will definitely keep that in mind about the bass lines. As for mixing, I'm considering reworking my Dreamwatch of Time remix from Chrono Cross. :3
Old May 29, 2013, 05:25:08 AM
Haxorus

Chrono Cross - Dreamwatch of Time

http://sdrv.ms/Zr997x

I had downloaded the Chrono Cross PlayStation 1 OST in its native PSF format, and when I stumbled upon Dreamwatch of Time, I was awestruck. So then I decided to remix it, and this is what became of that remix.

Instruments used:
- Yamaha DX7
- LinnDrum
- Roland VP-330
- PolyMoog

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; May 29, 2013 at 05:30:55 AM.
Old June 10, 2013, 12:05:05 PM
Haxorus

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Flight of the Zinger

http://sdrv.ms/11blBnp

Probably one of my favorite tracks of all time from any of the Donkey Kong Country games on Super NES, and I have given it a somewhat ominous atmosphere.

Instruments used:
- Yamaha DX7
- SCi Prophet-5
- LinnDrum
- Roland R8 (timpani)
Old October 25, 2013, 12:40:49 PM
Haxorus

It's been a long time since I've uploaded something for VR, so here's proof that I'm still alive. X3

Street Fighter 2 - Guile's Theme (GeNESis Remix)
http://sdrv.ms/H7pLZV

Instruments used:
- VOPM
- Nintendo VST
- 4-Op FM drumset SoundFont
Old March 4, 2014, 10:04:22 PM
Haxorus

Just want to let you guys know that, I will be making yet another overhaul of the Audio Zone; this time, I'll be uploading my files as attachments to avoid the "file not found" issue. Who knows? I might even slip a couple more remixes in while I'm at it.