Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 2, 2013, 08:56:26 PM

Default Reun’s Experiences In and Out of College [Blog]

Well, I’ve considered making a blog ever since the beginning of August, but now that college has started, I think making one of these would be nice since something interesting seems to happen every day.

I might as well give a short recap about what happened during Orientation and my first week of school. So I ended up arriving on campus on Tuesday; I was invited to come early because I have an international roommate. As soon as I got to the main office, I got my room key, mail key, ID card, and other stuff for orientation. One thing I should say about orientation: it should be for 1 day, NOT SIX! Every single day of orientation was busy- there were way too many activities and not enough free time. My roommate and I were both complaining about how busy things were- and I eventually found out that everyone thought the same thing. International orientation was better than the regular orientation- there were less people crowding everywhere and it seemed more organized. Thursday was when regular orientation began and I met most of the people on my floor. Before I forget to say, there’s one person on my floor who looks almost exactly like Quad. During the first week, I met two other people who I seemed to recognize; one looked like my cousin while the other looked like a person who used to be on VR. The first week in general was pretty easy, I’m happy with most of my classes. (For those interested to see what my schedule is like, I posted a picture of it in one of my albums)

Well, I think that sums up most of my experiences in college so far. Today was pretty normal compared to yesterday- someone decided to burn cheese in a microwave and set the fire alarm off. When we were told to evacuate the building, it was raining and there was a thunderstorm. I remember talking to Cat at the time and I made possibly one of my most bizarre BRBs ever: “BRB fire”. It also wasn’t coincidence that I was making a joke about dying in a fire earlier that day. Today was slightly busier compared to other days. I had a quiz in Calc and I had to go to a 3 hour lab for Geology class. I was certainly busier, but I’m getting to be pretty close friends with a couple of the Geology students. I also licked a Halite during the lab, it tasted salty. //notaweirdo

I also love Tuesdays and Thursdays- I only have one class and it starts at 2:45 PM, which means I can stay up late. :3 Like I said earlier, something interesting seems to happen every day when I’m at college. I’ll do my best to post on most occasions. (I wouldn’t say a daily basis, that’s too much of a commitment)
Old September 3, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

9/3/13

Today was pretty relaxing. I only had my FYS class, which was slightly boring. Tuesdays and Thursdays are probably my easiest days of the week in terms of work. I only had a slight fail with my microwave earlier today, but I'll mention what happened near the end of this post. I played some games before I went to lunch; I got more blue roses in Animal Crossing and I cleared the 2nd Stratum in Etrian Odyssey. (that boss was tough...) After that I had lunch and met up with a new friend- oh that's another thing about college food. I'm getting kinda tired of eating pizza and pasta everyday. ^_^; The cafeteria below the main one is nicer, but it costs a bit of money to get what I want.

And here's a random tip: Don't microwave pop tarts on a plastic plate, you'll burn the pastry and melt the plate. >_<

Last edited by Reuniclus; September 3, 2013 at 05:14:15 PM. Reason: Adding Date
Old September 4, 2013, 04:01:13 PM

9/4/13

Gah, this day was frustrating. I don't know about you guys, but I can't eat breakfast at 7 AM- I'm just never hungry at that time. Calc class was pretty boring since the professor is teaching us stuff that we already know. Me and my friend were even falling asleep against the concrete wall when we put our heads back against it. Chemistry class was pretty boring too- more review of stuff that I already know. Even Geology class was a bit boring and confusing, all we did involved learning about crystal shapes (like tetrahedral, single chain, etc.). My day wasn't over after that though, I had a three hour Chemistry lab soon after that.

I officially dislike this lab- I'm not allowed to wear shorts (we need to wear pants), I have to wear uncomfortable goggles whenever I'm in the lab- even if no chemicals are being used, and there's a mandatory quiz about the lab before we can leave. We had an accuracy and precision lab which was BORING, all we did was measure juice and compare measurements with others.

After getting back to my dorm, I found that my FYS essay was graded and I got an 80%. >_> The assignment was easy too and the professor said that my writing wasn't professional enough. (It's creative writing, it's supposed to be casual!) There are two things I don't like about my FYS: Too much reading and too much participation during class.

The only good thing I seemed to have gotten today is the thought that I can sleep in tomorrow. Oh, and frozen yogurt- the cafeteria makes good frozen yogurt.
Old September 5, 2013, 05:19:28 PM

9/5/13

Today was definitely better than yesterday. :3 I woke up to hearing a loud screeching truck outside, but the big lunch I ate made up for it. FYS was actually pretty interesting today, I managed to get into the discussion a few times. I also have an essay due tomorrow for that class, so I better finish it soon before it gets too late tomorrow. :S After that, I went to the college gym and ran on the treadmill for around 20 minutes (yeah, I'm really out of shape...). Normally I don't go to the gym, but I think it helped take away the stress I felt for the past few days.

Oh, did I mention that I finally decided to walk around campus with my 3DS in my backpack? When I got back to my room, I street passed 1 person who plays New Leaf (). I didn't even walk around that much and I already got 1 person. I doubt I'll ever talk to that person face to face, but it's good to know that people actually walk around with their 3DS's.

Also just tested out some new soundfonts, you can take a listen to this sample song if you want.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 All That I Needed Was You RSE Soundfonts.mp3 (1.77 MB, 584 views)

Last edited by Reuniclus; September 6, 2013 at 09:32:53 PM. Reason: Yay, forgot the date~
Old September 5, 2013, 05:36:26 PM
Giratina

Still going on with All That I Needed Was You? You just never give up with that song. What are your goals with it?

Anyway, I like what the horns do to that song. Especially when they go FULL VIBRATO! Wooooow that's a step up, there. But at other points it gets too techno and I still dislike the way this MIDI was arranged. I'd go on with other things I hte, but I see you said it was a soundfont test, right?

Also thought I should mention the thought of you exercising made me laugh for a good 2 minutes.
Old September 8, 2013, 01:02:04 PM

9/8/13

Whoo, a weekend full of relaxing~ The only thing I really need to do is finish Chemistry homework...oh and study for a stupid Calc quiz.

Other than that, I've been going to the lower cafeteria in the Dining hall because they serve nicer food. Grilled chicken avocado sandwich is definitely my favorite, but it costs almost $6.00, so it's a bit expensive. I took a nap on Friday and completely missed the floor event because of it. At least that night I managed to play some Brawl with my friends. I think we're trying to train up for the tournaments are going to happen throughout the year. Apparently there's also a sort of convention held somewhere on campus where tournaments are held each Thursday. I might try bringing my 3DS to street pass people. :3

I also got my last Calc quiz back that I took a week ago. I got a 24/24~ this is my first time getting a 100% in anything related to Calculus. I don't like how Chemistry class gives out pop quizzes, they're annoying. Another thing I dislike about Chemistry, all of the homework is online at Mastering Chemistry. Too many exercises and it's way too time-consuming. There are even things there that we haven't learned in class yet. I also gotta say that one of the proctors for the Chemistry lab would make a great flight attendant; she always smiles, even when explaining something.

Game Progress: (Figured I'd make one of these)
Etrian Odyssey I- 3rd Stratum boss. This guy is easy, but bad luck keeps me from winning. *glares at sleep status effect*
Animal Crossing New Leaf- Getting more Blue roses
Old September 10, 2013, 04:21:15 PM

9/10/13

More interesting stuff in college! So yesterday I went on a field trip for my geology lab. We went to the top of a mountain and then to the base of the Delaware River. Before coming back, we looked at the side of a cut mountain. I actually liked this field trip because it wasn't too hot or humid (unlike today). Oh, and I also took pictures~
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1294.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	5316
Almost all of the rocks up here are metamorphic (gneiss to be specific) and aren't eroded easily, which is why mountains are so tall. The rocks in the valleys, however, are easily eroded (shale)

Name:	IMG_1295.JPG
Views:	627
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	5317
The river cuts and erodes a lot of the rocks in the valley. Flooding is also dangerous in this area if it rains too much. You can also find other rocks like talc and sandstone.

Name:	IMG_1296.JPG
Views:	596
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	5318
Lastly we were taken to the side of a deliberately cut mountain. Only major things are the diagonal cleavage, color bands, and graffiti reading "Mike + Laura" (you need to enlarge the picture to read that)

And there's your Geology lesson for the day.
Today wasn't as good though. For FYS we walked around outside at the most humid part of the day and make journal notes. I can't focus if it's humid outside- and it was worse getting back up to campus, we had to walk up around 9 flights of stairs.

I'm also slightly annoyed because I found out earlier today that I need to have a rough draft for an essay submitted online 24 hours before the meeting time. My meeting is on Thursday- and I have classes tomorrow, so I need to get the whole thing done tonight.

Other than that annoying essay, I'm enjoying life at college.

Game Progress:
Etrian Odyssey I- In the middle of the 4th Stratum. This place isn't that hard, but it's quite annoying. Looks like the plot also deepened by this point.
Animal Crossing New Leaf- Haven't been playing this lately.
Old September 15, 2013, 10:03:19 AM

9/15/13

Lots of stuff happened this week. Tuesday was pretty bad- the class had to walk outside during the most humid part of the day. When I got back to my room, I was drenched with sweat. That wasn't the end of it though. A little while after that, I found out that I had to write a draft for an essay 24 hours before before the meeting time- which was in 2 days. So I practically had 6 hours to get a 1200 word essay done. It wasn't fun.

On Wednesday, I went to a geology club meetup with one of my friends. The club looks interesting, but I don't know if I'll be making any commitments yet. Also, I think I was the only one at the meetup who didn't drink a beer. ^_^;. (for those who don't know, I made a promise to myself and someone else that I wouldn't drink)

Friday and Saturday were fun, I went to two small parties and met a few more people. I also street passed 5 people this week~

Now that today's Sunday though, I need to study for a Chemistry test; it's tomorrow. >_< Oh, and I forgot to mention: I woke up to the fire alarm this morning~ The reason this time for it going off is even dumber; someone tried microwaving mac and cheese, but they didn't add any water.

Last edited by Reuniclus; September 15, 2013 at 10:04:40 AM.
Old September 15, 2013, 01:02:08 PM
Giratina

Yeah you better not be drinking.

It seems like a lot of your experiences so far have been fire fire fire field trip test essay party fire. Though I know I'd be very shy, I'm pretty jealous.
I think the (lame) geology club is your thing, you should stick with it.
Old September 27, 2013, 06:22:22 PM

9/27/13

Yay, 2 weeks of posting nothing~

Oh boy, where to start...

This past week was quite stressful. I had two exams in one day; one for Calc and the other for Geology. The Calc exam was quite easy, there were only two questions that I didn't know how to answer. The Geology exam was tough to say the least- I don't think I did very well...

Also, people are amazing. I don't have any major complaints about anyone here yet, but the lab partner I was paired up with on Wednsday was a jerk; selfish with very little people skills. The professor decided to randomize the lab groups, so I couldn't work with the guy I'm friendly with. I absolutely hated working with the partner I was given. He pretty much left the lab while I was halfway done with the questions and he finished before me.

Funny story last night: I was doing some homework and I heard some guys playing Frisbee in the hallway. The next thing I hear is a loud bang followed by someone shouting "Oh crap!" The bang sounded like it happened right outside my door, so I went to go check. When I open the door, I see the router hanging down on a cord from the ceiling right in front of me. Normally the router is stuck into the ceiling, but I guess someone hit it and it fell down.

I don't really have anything planned for the weekend, but I have a required field trip for FYS tomorrow...at 8 AM. >_> The bus ride to the place is even 2 hours, so half the trip will involve sitting on a bus doing nothing. I might bring my 3DS to play Etrian Odyssey, who knows.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 29, 2013 at 10:10:26 AM.
Old December 3, 2013, 10:31:49 AM

12/3/13

Jeez, it's been forever since I've made my last entry. I guess I'll just run through the important things that happened. The beginning of October was great, there was a Pokémon tournament in my dorm; it was 1st floor vs. 3rd floor. It turns out that there are a couple guys who actually do competitive battling, so I was quite happy.

Later that month though, I started feeling down. My grades began to slip a little, and I started doubting my own abilities as a student. It was tough, I got so stressed at times that I just broke down for most of the day. I think the only reason I was able to keep my sanity for the rest of the month was because of the new friends I made.

Then came the worst month of the year for me, November. At the beginning of that month, I began feeling sick. I didn't pay much mind to it, I thought it was just going to be a cold. Then the worst of it came on the first Wednesday night, my temperature rose over 100 degrees and my stomach could barely keep food down. Sleeping was not easy, Most of the nights I couldn't fall asleep until 3 or 4 AM. The next day, my tonsils swelled up and I felt pain every time I swallowed something or spoke out loud. Things started getting better once I went to the Health Center. They put me on antibiotics and I quickly started feeling better, but I never did feel 100% better. Even right now, I still feel as if my body is trying to fight the sickness, but I certainly feel better now compared to before.

Oh, and the fire alarm went off for the 6th time in my dorm. The cause wasn't specified, but I'm just gonna assume that it was someone who didn't know how to cook or use a microwave.

Game Progress:
LoZ A Link Between Worlds: This game is addicting, they did an amazing job on this game.
Pokémon X: Trying to breed a few things for my friends.
Animal Crossing New Leaf: Been playing this sporadically, the two games above are occupying more of my time.
Old December 6, 2013, 05:26:26 PM

12/6/13

Today was my last day of classes before final exams~ I have a total of 3 finals; Calculus 161, Chemistry 121, and Geology 100. I'm not too worried about the Calc final, but I'm shaking at the thought of the other two. The chemistry final is an ACS national exam, the professor isn't going to be making a final (which can be good in a sense). The Geology final is going to be all short answer- I'm not looking forward to it because my grade for that class isn't that good and I'm worried that I'll fail the final. (and this coming from a guy who wants to be a Geology major...)

Today was weird because there were a lot of people that decided to not come to the last day of class. Practically every single one of my professors took attendance because of that. One of my close friends also left for Winter break today due to not having any final exams (he has a bunch of papers to write instead).

Also finished A Link Between Worlds yesterday, gotta say that it was an excellent game

Today was wet considering the fact that it rained ALL DAY. Teachers generally make the last day of classes short and sweet. Calc class was half an hour long, Chemistry class was boring and we took a 'joke' quiz that didn't require studying anything, and Geology class was normal as usual. I'll probably make tonight and Saturday "relaxing days" so that I can focus Sunday-Tuesday for studying.
Old August 1, 2014, 12:08:24 AM

8/1/14

I have NOT abandoned my blog yet. First post of the year and it's in August- completely normal! To follow up with the last post, second semester of college was tougher, but I managed to pass everything.

I just got back from a month of vacation in Vegas. I saw Cat a lot- maybe too much haha (feels weird calling him that, so I'll just refer to him as Scott for now) I got to see Yoshi and Green a few times as well. Anyway, I got a ton of pictures! ^^

One of the first things we did was go to the strip at night. It was quite pretty outside aside from the heat.

Name:	DSCN0032.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	6253 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0039.JPG
Views:	572
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	6254 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0049.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	4.46 MB
ID:	6255
I got a chance to see the fountains of Bellagio. Songs are usually played every 15 minutes or so and the fountains shoot water in sync with whatever is playing.

Name:	DSCN0051.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	4.42 MB
ID:	6256Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0058.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	6257
Nearly right across the street from the fountains was the replica of the Eiffel Tower. The tower actually holds one of the lower buildings up as a type of support. One of which was a casino...I want to try the slots so badly :<
Oh, and I found mini New York, which looks kinda weird since everything there is short, including the replica of the Empire State Building.

A week later we went to Mt. Charleston. We were planning to go camping there, but things didn't exactly work out for us. ^_^'

Name:	DSCN0062.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	6258 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0075.JPG
Views:	569
ID:	6260Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0078.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	6259Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0076.JPG
Views:	573
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	6261
I swear, this is a geologist's paradise. The temperature is also really nice in the mountains, usually in the low 70s. I'm probably going to send one of my geology professors a couple pictures of the formations and banding.

One of the last things we did was visit the Shark Reef aquarium.

Name:	DSCN0102.JPG
Views:	561
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	6263
Animal Crossing fans should know what this one is- it's an Arapaima! They are huge by the way, I don't know how they managed to fit two of them into a tank.

Name:	DSCN0087.JPG
Views:	555
Size:	4.28 MB
ID:	6262
Komodo Dragon. Doesn't actually breathe fire, but its bites can be dangerous.

Name:	DSCN0150.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	6264
I love stingrays, we were allowed to pet them in a small holding tank. They are really soft.

Name:	DSCN0163.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	4.37 MB
ID:	6266
A Staryu, I like starfish too. There was also an octopus in the tank, but it was hiding.

Name:	DSCN0154.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	6265
Scott trying to get a picture of the jellyfish.

Name:	DSCN0169.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	6267
Animal Crossing fans should know this one too; it's a saw shark! There were around three of these in a huge tank.

I didn't want to leave. I go back to college almost 3 weeks from now. Of course I'm excited to see all of my friends again, but I'm not looking forward to the work. At least I don't have to worry about crappy chemistry classes anymore. Who knows, maybe I'll learn to appreciate that subject when I try teaching myself if necessary. Hopefully I can make the most out of these last few weeks of summer.

Game Progress:
Devil Survivor Overclocked: It's a good game, but man does it get difficult. Too many difficulty spikes!
Etrian Odyssey III: Tough game, but it's my favorite one in the series so far.
Animal Crossing New Leaf: Been playing this sporadically. Sometimes I get random urges to play it.
Old August 1, 2014, 04:53:17 AM
Giratina

And yet you STILL didn't go to the Mirage hotel to see my 4 beautiful husbands? 0/10 waste of a vacation.

You sure did a lot more in Vegas than what I did last time... you know, despite this being everything I wanted to do. I guess I'm taking notes for my return trip. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself!

I must be a bad Animal Crossing fan not recognizing anything
Old August 10, 2014, 07:29:56 PM

8/10/14

I've been sick for the past week with bronchitis. :< It didn't start clearing up until today.

This past weekend was our designated family vacation for the year, even though it was only for the weekend (usually it lasts for 5-8 days, but it was short this year unfortunately). We went to Newport, Rhode Island this year on our boat. I would've enjoyed it more if I wasn't coughing or clearing my throat every 5 minutes.

Once we docked at the port in the late afternoon, the first thing my parents did was of course break out the wine. They were a bit...tipsy, but fun to watch otherwise. We went to a restaurant called The Black Pearl later that night. The food was great, especially the swordfish- they grill it to make it taste like steak.

The next day we went to take a tour to see one of Newport's famous mansions. There are around 10 of them there, but we went to see The Breakers. I took pictures!

Name:	DSCN0175.JPG
Views:	575
ID:	6302Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0176.JPG
Views:	554
ID:	6303Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0177.JPG
Views:	541
ID:	6304Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0179.JPG
Views:	552
ID:	6306
Outside the mansion. It was pretty crowded

Name:	DSCN0178.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	4.40 MB
ID:	6305
One of the few rabbits outside the mansion that was eating grass. I bet grass tastes good...and I only say that because I've had candy grass before in college and I've had grass-flavored jelly beans from a Harry Potter jelly beans challenge (which are much better than booger, vomit, and rotten egg flavored ones).

Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the mansion because they wanted to keep the tourism up. The place had 10 separate bathrooms, 6 bedrooms, 33 servant bedrooms, a big ballroom, and a room made entirely of marble slabs.

We were allowed to take pictures from the 2nd floor balcony, however.

Name:	DSCN0180.JPG
Views:	543
ID:	6307Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0181.JPG
Size:	4.36 MB
ID:	6308
The mansion has a huge backyard lawn and it's right next to the Long Island Sound. Sometimes the residents in the mansion would even bathe using seawater because they believed that it promoted good health

Also, my dad wants to buy the yacht in the second picture. Yeah, I don't think it's happening. Later that night we went to a restaurant that was right next to the marina. The food there was amazing too. Whenever I had free time, I played Shin Megami Tensei IV, which is turning into one of my favorite RPGs. This morning we went back home and I'm starting to get over being sick.

I'll be traveling away from my house again on Tuesday to go to a place in New Jersey. I might write about what goes on there, but I don't think anything exciting is going to happen.
Old August 10, 2014, 07:33:56 PM
Volcarona

You forgot to mention that I gave you the candy grass!
Old August 10, 2014, 07:38:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
You forgot to mention that I gave you the candy grass!
It was so good! I would EV train some Pokémon for you just for a few shreds of it. Besides, if you feed me green grass candy, I'll level up.
Old August 10, 2014, 08:15:40 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
It was so good! I would EV train some Pokémon for you just for a few shreds of it. Besides, if you feed me green grass candy, I'll level up.
You really liked it that much? Most of the guys were complaining that it had no flavor!
Old September 21, 2014, 11:31:21 AM

9/21/14

So Symphonic Evolutions was a couple days ago...IT WAS AMAZING. We managed to load five people into a mini cooper somehow. The first problem we ran into is that the GPS didn't work and take the address for the Mann Center, so we had to use a GPS app on one of our phones in order to know where to go. We ended up leaving an hour later than we hoped, but the drive there wasn't as bad as I thought. On the way there, Matt [mattybrollic] and I battled twice to prepare for whoever wanted to battle at the concert.
Battle Videos    
843W-WWWW-WWW9-QW85
J32W-WWWW-WWW9-QW9A

We eventually hit traffic about 10 minutes away from the Mann Center. After that, we couldn't find the right entrance for parking. We ended up getting to the actual site about 6 minutes before the concert started.

Once I got out of the car, I started getting street passes like crazy. My population actually doubled in size when the concert was over. There were so many people there, a lot were dressed up as Pikachu, others were dressed up as Eeveelutions, a pair of twins dressed as Liza and Tate, one person had an Aegislash shield and sword, and one girl dressed up as Lyra. The line for the souvenir stand was too long and there was too much Pikachu merchandise for my taste. The seats we got were incredibly close to the stage. The music played was in sequence with generation order; Gen 1 being first, Gen 6 being last. My favorite theme from the concert was definitely the Lake Trio theme. Other ones that I liked the most were: Red’s theme, RSE Credits, N’s Farewell, and Kiseki. Getting food at the center was tough too, they didn’t have enough food for all of the people there, so most of us ended up getting hotdogs instead. There were two guys sitting next to us who both battled. Matt took on the guy who wanted a single battle while I took on the other who wanted a double. I was not prepared for a double battle, but I ended up barely winning 1-0.
Battle Video    
6G6W-WWWW-WWW9-QW8G

Both of the guys we faced seemed to like using Focus Energy Sniper Kingdra. At the end of the concert, a vocalist came on stage (I can’t remember her name :<). She sang Gotta Catch ‘Em All and Kiseki [English lyrics].

After the concert was over, we went to the center plaza and stuck around a little while to meet up with some people. I still can’t believe I was able to pick out Dragonite from the crowd. I thought I saw someone that looked similar to him, but then I saw the Dragonite shirt, which was a giveaway. We talked for a little bit until some of the staff at the location told us that the place was preparing to close for the night. The ride back was more complicated…we had car issues and I’ll just leave it at that. We ended up getting back on campus at around 2 AM. It was definitely worth my money to go there.
Old December 29, 2014, 02:25:37 AM

12/29/14

My family and I went on a vacation to this city last weekend. So my dad ended up driving us on Friday, and I got carsick, so I didn't really have an appetite for a while. The hotel we stayed at was right next to Times Square. The rooms were sooooo nice, I wish I could go back soon. We ate dinner at an Olive Garden. While we were waiting for our table, we saw a couple street performers. They were lining people up and jumping over them. It was quite fun to watch, I got a picture of it from the restaurant window.

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	6599
(Click all of the pictures to enlarge them)

My mom wanted to see the big tree the same night, so we walked for a while and found a huge crowd gathered around the trunk of it. There were also people ice skating by the tree.

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	6598

I couldn't fall asleep that night; I fell asleep at 6 AM and got woken up at 9 AM by my parents who wanted to walk for breakfast. I felt like a zombie to say the least. After eating, I went back to the room to take a nap while my parents went on a bus tour. When I woke up, I walked to Nintendo World, which was an absolute pain because of how crowded the streets and sidewalks were. Once I got there, the store was ridiculously crowded. I was going to meet up with MattyBrollic there, but he was running late because of traffic. In the mean time, I walked around, bought some plushes and got a huge Ganondorf figure for one of my friends.

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	6597 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	6596
They had a few amiibo figures upstairs, but only the really common ones were available. Several people were playing Smash upstairs, but they were using Wiimotes for controllers, which I couldn't stand, so I didn't even try to play. I got a ton of streetpasses, it wasn't nearly as many as Symphonic Evolutions, but it was nice. Eventually Matty did show up and we looked around. We were talking about how we could get the Eon Ticket, and I guess a kid overheard us, so he started explaining how the Buzznav works in getting the ticket. We both ended up getting the ticket, which was nice. It would've been nicer if we got a chance to battle some people, but there wasn't really enough time and there were too many people there to pick anyone out.

After leaving we went to a Korean barbeque restaurant. It was simply amazing. I don't know how they marinate the meat, but everything was delicious (aside from something that tasted like seaweed and seawater). You could cook the meat however well you wanted it to be. There were some women right next to us who had trouble cooking...somehow- and they ended up having blackened chicken.

I went back to the hotel after that. My parents were fast asleep with a random movie playing. I finally figured out how the hotel internet worked, so I relaxed for most of the night playing For Glory on Smash and Persona Q. Checkout was at noon the next morning, and after another sickening car ride, I'm back home. New Years is going to be in a few days, I'm pretty excited for that.
Old December 29, 2014, 06:34:14 AM
Volcarona

Yay I'm in the blog
Old December 29, 2014, 12:08:26 PM
Administrator

You should've stayed there for New Years so you could've seen the ball drop in person.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 29, 2014 at 12:08:33 PM.
Old December 29, 2014, 04:38:14 PM
Rayquaza

I live only two hours from New York but I'd never go there on New Years, it's way to crowded.
Old November 14, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

11/14/17

Reuniclus has graduated college.

The End.

...not really. I haven't posted here in years, so maybe I'll finally make something out of this now that I'm living in Vegas. I'll talk about my best friend out here so far:

Holly! Otherwise, one of Cat's cats. (feels weird saying that)

Name:	IMG_2894.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	6992 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2896.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	6993

She's everywhere

Name:	IMG_2903.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	777.5 KB
ID:	6994
In my water.

Name:	IMG_2899.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	688.0 KB
ID:	6997
On top of computers.

Name:	IMG_2930.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	6995 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2999.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	6996
On mah lap ._.

Pretty sure she likes me more than Cat

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 14, 2017 at 06:49:08 PM. Reason: David should use a real camera. :)
Old November 15, 2017, 08:57:44 AM
Administrator

She's certainly a replacement for an alarm clock some days. Holly has no problem meowing ten minutes before my alarm is set, because she shows that's when I feed her. Daylight-saving time made her meow an hour early.

Also, better quality pictures (from before the move, though):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01539.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	7.39 MB
ID:	6998   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0733.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	9.13 MB
ID:	6999   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1499.JPG