Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 9, 2010, 06:43:19 AM
Floatzel

Default Anime going downhill?

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS IN MY OPINION. PLEASE DO NOT START AN ARGUMENT.
I've noticed that since the Advanced Battle, the anime has been going down hill (IMO). They focus on one pokemon per episode instead of the actual adventure Ash and his friends have. Another thing I don't like is that they got rid of Misty. I have always loved the original trio.
Old January 9, 2010, 06:56:37 AM
Rayquaza

This, just as you said, is your own opinion. Personally, I think that they need to continue in this way by sticking to a specific thing per episode. I think that every show does that so it can last long. However, I am not a fan of the anime and I stopped watching it since I was 6 years old.
Old January 9, 2010, 08:19:57 AM
Regigigas

Yeah, the problem with the anime is IT'S TOO LONG. The first season had 80 episodes and not too much filler, but since, most of the episodes are just pointless filler accomplishing nothing. The anime just fills time when it would be better if it were shorter and more focused on the journey. Also, they've kept ash around for too long, he's got to be eighteen by this point, he's certainly not ten anymore, unless humans in the pokemon world grow verrrrrrry slowly.
Old January 9, 2010, 06:18:03 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
he(Ash)'s got to be eighteen by this point, he's certainly not ten anymore
Actually, if t goes by regular time, he would be about 21. If he was 10 when he started the journey, pokemon's been around for about 11 years, so it would add up to 21.
Old January 10, 2010, 08:26:17 AM
Rayquaza

C'mon guys! I think he is 12~13 by now. He is traveling in more than one region in a year.
Old January 10, 2010, 10:26:50 AM
Charizard

I may be the only one here (somebody, please tell me I'm not...), but I still love it, now more than ever. To everyone who's been bitter since Misty left, or gave up when the dub/VAs changed, or let your age dictate when you can and can't enjoy, honestly, you do not know what you're missing. Pokemon continues to be a joy week after week, year after year for those of us who remain loyal viewers and continue to look forward, not just back.

Last edited by RageOfInnocence; January 10, 2010 at 10:40:09 AM.
Old January 10, 2010, 09:58:36 PM

I don't think the anime today is as much of a novelty as it was when it was in it's first season or two, but I actually liked seasons 7 and 8 the best because I thought they seemed entertaining. I haven't been watching the latest 4th-gen seasons, though, so I don't know what it's like nowadays.
Old January 11, 2010, 04:19:50 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I don't think the anime today is as much of a novelty as it was when it was in it's first season or two, but I actually liked seasons 7 and 8 the best because I thought they seemed entertaining. I haven't been watching the latest 4th-gen seasons, though, so I don't know what it's like nowadays.
no, it's not a novelty anymore...it's become a constant, and that's what makes it great
Old January 11, 2010, 07:53:52 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Actually, if t goes by regular time, he would be about 21. If he was 10 when he started the journey, pokemon's been around for about 11 years, so it would add up to 21.

Yeah Ash would have married someone, or smoked and drinked alcohol etc. up to this point. Why hasn't Pikachu also aged to. God! Opps, I mean Arceus! So, how the heck do characters not even age to their expected age. Ash is done playing Pokemon Yellow,Gold,Silver,Ruby,Saphire,Emrald,and you get the idea. He should be playing Guitar Hero(LOL.), Resident Evil, or Grand Theft Auto and stop living in the world of Nintendo. Oh wait, sorry this was about ash grown up.

Last edited by Charizard98; January 11, 2010 at 11:49:30 AM.
Old January 11, 2010, 10:52:42 AM
Giratina

The Anime is ANIME. In case you haven't noticed, people in Anime's don't tend to get older.

I was a massive fan of the anime when I was 4 or 5, and have some of the first series taped. I'm not in-to the anime anymore though, since it changes time every day, and moved from CN to CNToo to Jetix to Disney XD. That's the channel name, I'm not laughing at Disney. It's really called Disney XD. The f-heck?!
So yeah, it's not that I dislike the anime, it's just I never catch it when it's on.
Old January 11, 2010, 04:57:16 PM
Regigigas

Yeah, ending something with XD to make it "Extreme" is something that is stupid and only a franchise like disney would do and certainly not pokemon. *cough*
Old January 13, 2010, 05:53:06 PM
Servine

I get sad when i realize that im not a little 5 year old boy watching WB kids on Saturday mornings, waiting for the new pokemon episode and seeing what my heroes do next. I miss it more then ash missed pikachu in the orange island episode when drowzee possesses all the pokemon. I, personally don't enjoy the new anime because a lot of it is not relevant to the story line at all. I really only enjoy watching the battles in the current anime because of the decent animation. I just wish that i had my favorite team back, and that team rocket still had arbok and koffing...
Old January 14, 2010, 06:12:04 PM
Floatzel

Wow! I can't believe this got so many posts! I'm also amazed by all the different opinions.
Old January 14, 2010, 06:26:50 PM
Regigigas

My only problem with the recent anime is Ash. His characterization used to be so believable, but not it's such that he's either a genius trainer who can't lose or a victim of plot-induced stupidity, depending on the episode. That, and he has received very little interesting backstory or characterization of late. The characterization of his Pokémon has been great, though.
Old January 15, 2010, 04:41:34 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLiquid View Post
My only problem with the recent anime is Ash. His characterization used to be so believable, but not it's such that he's either a genius trainer who can't lose or a victim of plot-induced stupidity, depending on the episode. That, and he has received very little interesting backstory or characterization of late. The characterization of his Pokémon has been great, though.

Ash has grown up; he's matured, and if that's not interesting...well, then...
Old January 15, 2010, 10:27:29 AM
Joltik

a little bit
Old January 15, 2010, 11:38:33 AM
Keldeo

I don't really think hes matured at all. He just lost his all his personality. I miss nooby ash. ;~; Sure he was kinda annoying, but atleast he had a personality. The ridiculous amount of filler is annoying as well.

Quote from old ash when asked how he will defeat the johto league. "First im gonna win....Then im gonna win...THEN IM GONNA WIN SOME MOAR!" Seriously. Bring back cocky, reckless, Ash. :V
Old February 20, 2010, 04:17:33 PM
Zoroark

I think the writers are just getting bored and don't know what to really do in the animé anymore, so they just make lot's of fillers, that's all they make nowadays. It's rare when something worth watching in the show is on anymore. They should either:
1: Hire some new writers who know how to MAKE an outstanding show, unless they've run out of money to hire new writers.
2: Make every episode worth watching, like don't make it like" Oh that pokémon's hurt, we need to help" or " What's that doing here" or stopping at every pokémon and saying "Hey look, it's a (Insert random name here)" and have more like, precise ideas such as one episode Ash meets his dad or not have so much "fillers" and get on with the storyline. I don't want a 4th season of Sinnoh! Ash hasn't gotten ONE badge since May last year. very other episode recently has been a bunch of crap, except for when there are new pokémon added to One of the main character's teams or a pokémon evolves. But that's rare nowadays.
3: The effort. Every episode looks like they put little effort into it.
4: Take Ash out for the 5th generation season ark and add a new character like him, plus a new guy to replace Brock, and of course the female player for the Main sereis games of Gen. 5. Or they could do what they did for season 1 and make a female gym leader the female traveler.
5: Make Ash's pokémon EVOLVE more! They did a good job with Infernape and Torterra. I'd like to see that in the future seasons if they of course decide to keep Ash in.
Old February 21, 2010, 05:08:53 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
I think the writers are just getting bored and don't know what to really do in the animé anymore, so they just make lot's of fillers, that's all they make nowadays. It's rare when something worth watching in the show is on anymore. They should either:
1: Hire some new writers who know how to MAKE an outstanding show, unless they've run out of money to hire new writers.
that's not really fair - while I admit that the 12th season has not been as spectacular as 11th (which was by far the best since 5th), be patient.......

Quote:
2: Make every episode worth watching, like don't make it like" Oh that pokémon's hurt, we need to help" or " What's that doing here" or stopping at every pokémon and saying "Hey look, it's a (Insert random name here)" and have more like, precise ideas such as one episode Ash meets his dad or not have so much "fillers" and get on with the storyline. I don't want a 4th season of Sinnoh! Ash hasn't gotten ONE badge since May last year. very other episode recently has been a bunch of crap, except for when there are new pokémon added to One of the main character's teams or a pokémon evolves. But that's rare nowadays.

this is incorrent about Ash's last Badge - he won the Icicle Badge in Snowpoint City on October 10, 2009 in the U.S. - I don;t know why there is such a huge gap between gym episodes, but agian, be patient... what they (and I mean the dub) ought to be doing is not ruining so many gym battle episodes by having Team Rocket being "self-aware", as they don't seem to have anything better to do while Ash is battling the gym leader than talk to the viewers about what they're doing...this happned in the last TWO gym episodes (that's as bad as back in first season!!) - Canalave City and Snowpoint - TR doesn't seem to have much of a purpose in the gym battles to begin with...as for the others points, what's wrong with helping a hurt Pokemon??

Quote:
3: The effort. Every episode looks like they put little effort into it.
not all episodes can be epic- there'd be nothing to look forward to.... and believe me, it hasn't been easy getting up at 7 am on Saturday for the new episodes but we've followed the changing schedules for the last 12 seasons, and now my husband's schedule changes every month which sometimes includes working until midnight on Friday, but we do it because we love Pokemon

Quote:
4: Take Ash out for the 5th generation season ark and add a new character like him, plus a new guy to replace Brock, and of course the female player for the Main sereis games of Gen. 5. Or they could do what they did for season 1 and make a female gym leader the female traveler.
not gonna happen with Ash - and as for Brock, there are still people out there who are complaining that he was replaced with Tracey - back in second season!! (not me - I love Tracey, but Im sure Brock is here to stay)...but whatever happens, it's all part of the continuing story...

Quote:
5: Make Ash's pokémon EVOLVE more! They did a good job with Infernape and Torterra. I'd like to see that in the future seasons if they of course decide to keep Ash in.
it's not really a suggestion if it's already going to happen....like 11th season, it seems that the 13th will revolve more around Ash and his Pokemon and confrontations with Paul (not really a fan of Paul as a person/trainer, but a huge fan as a character and what he brings out in Ash, and one of the main factors that make the Sinnoh series great).........
Old February 21, 2010, 06:08:36 AM
Rayquaza

This is getting pretty out of hand, and the rules say that you aren't supposed to have flame wars so I'm going to close this thread before it gets worse.