Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old February 25, 2012, 02:52:16 PM
Administrator

Default Pokémon Smash reveals Gen V sequels: Pokémon Black and White 2!

The sequels to Pokémon Black and White have been recently announced on Pokémon Smash in Japan on TV Tokyo. The titles have been revealed to be Pokémon Black and White 2! This pair of video games will feature legendary "combination" formes for Reshiram/Kyurem (type Ice/Fire) and Zekrom/Kyurem (type Ice/Electric)! They will be called White Kyurem and Black Kyurem. The games will be out June 2012 for the Nintendo DS and compatible hardware.

After the show, Masuda tweeted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 増田順一
いよいよ、発表されます!!!(^^)/~~~
ポケモンスマッシュ!で発表された、重大な情報をTwitter発表します!!!
今年の6月、ポケットモンスター最新作が登場します!!!!タイトルは、『ポケットモンスターブラック2・ ホワイト2』対応ハードはニンテンドーDSです!
Here is a translation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junichi Masuda
Finally, they have been announced!!!
Pokémon Smash! Crucial info will be announced on Twitter!!!
This June, the latest Pokémon games will be available to play!!!! The titles, "Pokémon Black and White 2," will be for Nintendo DS-compatible hardware!
In addition, a new poster has been revealed for Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman-Keldeo showcasing the two new forms of Kyurem, as well as revealing Meloetta will be involved in a mini-movie prior to the film itself:
Movie 15 Poster    

Sources:
US site
Japanese site
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BW2.jpg
Views:	12142
Size:	654.8 KB
ID:	2450  

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; February 25, 2012 at 05:47:34 PM.
Old February 25, 2012, 02:57:02 PM
Haxorus

Well, I bought White, so I guess I should keep with it and get White 2!
Old February 25, 2012, 03:01:56 PM
Linoone

Wow, I wonder how different they are going to be from the originals...
Old February 25, 2012, 03:02:05 PM

This definitely wasn't what everyone was expecting, per se, but I'll take it. I'm looking forward to another iteration of the Unova region. Let's hope for some cool additions.
Old February 25, 2012, 03:04:47 PM
Magikarp

I didn't expect a sequel to Black/White. If it does come to the states, I'll be getting White 2 as well.

Last edited by AdventDewott; February 25, 2012 at 03:06:06 PM.
Old February 25, 2012, 03:04:51 PM
Regigigas

YES!
FREAKING YES!
NO MORE TALK ABOUT "GRAY VERSION!"
I seriously HATED that name. So uncreative and boring.
Old February 25, 2012, 03:05:01 PM
Zoroark

I knew it would be the next in the franchise, but two is a tad of a surprise.
Old February 25, 2012, 03:05:58 PM
Zoroark

I think it should be for the 3DS, not DS. And are they seriously releasing it this year in the US AND Japan?
Old February 25, 2012, 03:06:47 PM
Shaymin

Got the news while on location in Texas and I wanted to swing by and say, first person to even hint at being remotely disappointed will be entered in a lottery where the maximum payout is a punch to the face.

Ditto be an awesome person and edit my text

Last edited by Ditto616; February 25, 2012 at 03:26:09 PM. Reason: Done
Old February 25, 2012, 03:10:13 PM
Giratina

I'm disappointed by the lack of 3DS usage, but I'm certainly not disappointed by the announcement as a whole. I'm extremely interested in these games, it's unlike Game Freak to just go ahead and change the formula we're all so used to. Looks like I've got another game to import this year!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
first person to even hint at being remotely disappointed will be entered in a lottery where the maximum payout is a punch to the face
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer
I'm disappointed by the lack of 3DS usage

Last edited by Ningamer; February 25, 2012 at 03:11:59 PM.
Old February 25, 2012, 03:26:04 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I'm disappointed by the lack of 3DS usage, but I'm certainly not disappointed by the announcement as a whole. I'm extremely interested in these games, it's unlike Game Freak to just go ahead and change the formula we're all so used to. Looks like I've got another game to import this year!

EDIT:
FIRST VICTIM

Last edited by Ditto616; February 25, 2012 at 04:28:55 PM. Reason: He needs his red bold text
Old February 25, 2012, 03:39:55 PM
Rayquaza

Lite go back to your room!
Old February 25, 2012, 03:40:34 PM
Keldeo

Well then make me the second but I don't suggest you actually try. Anyways, I was fairly suprised and a bit disappointed that they were reusing the name but looking back at it, since it is an extention of sorts of B/W maybe using the names again would be appropriate but still kinda hoping for the next Pokemon games released to be again a new series of colors. Can't wait for the games to come out as I know I'll eventually get both.
Old February 25, 2012, 03:52:49 PM
Haxorus

...Black and white 2? That's different from what Game Freak usually does. I was expecting Pokemon Gray, but guess not. Well, the only thing I'm waiting for now is Gen. 3 remakes.
Old February 25, 2012, 04:00:32 PM
Volcarona

My mind is blown. The Pokemon Company can count numbers now instead of naming their colors and minerals! I am very glad that they're not making Gray version, I am very happy that they have once again surprised us all with an actual possible sequel to one of the better story-lines in all of the series. This proves further more that they're trying to really change up Pokemon and improve it into something... more, more than what the redundant history says that makes everything too predictable. If this is to be a continuation of the story, or even if it is just a new alteration of the first story, I am okay either way because there will be vast changes which I'm ever so excited to see. Just as long as they fix the darn lvl 50 flat wi-fi battles, I'll be happy with whatever path this game takes. x3
But I'm also happy they did not go to a 3DS exclusive with this actually.

Oh and I'll add that for those who were wanting Pokemon RSE remakes so darn much, even though FireRed & LeafGreen came out before Emerald version, Platinum came out after. The Pokemon Company/GameFreak has been definitely looking to new ideas, strategies and more, so I did not think that the remakes would come out this year. They will make them I'm sure but perhaps after BW2 to give the 3DS time to sell more so they are sure that if they make perhaps a game with more 3DS features or a 3DS exclusive RSE Remake game (just making an educated guess here peoples btw), that they can make the most money from that series because they know that it will have a HUGE fan support thus a large amount of money being used to buy these games, a remake of a beloved title in the series.

Last edited by LugiaDialga; February 25, 2012 at 05:20:05 PM.
Old February 25, 2012, 04:22:08 PM
Servine

I watched as they announced it. Most people on Facebook and YouTube are pissed, I couldn't be happier.

I really hope it provides a further background and features more N than before!

I cannot wait for it to come out in the US.
Old February 25, 2012, 04:26:35 PM
Giratina

OMG IM SOOOO EXCITED! I'm definitely buying Black 2 if my parents allow me. No, IDC IF THEY DONT ALLOW ME, IM GETTING IT! Yay, maybe this could be an addition for the "NEW BEGINNING"?? If yah know what I mean PSYCHED!
Old February 25, 2012, 05:02:56 PM

I thought the sequel would be Pokemon Gray, but I was dead wrong
Both Kyurem forms look amazing, and the typings are very unique. Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric both will do well for this pokemon. Because of my preferance for Electric types, I'm probably going to be getting Black 2.
Hopefully new things will be added to these games that make it better than the first Black and White.
Old February 25, 2012, 05:42:08 PM
Volcarona

I'm a bit disappointed it isn't called Pokemon Gray. Yeah, it's bland and predictable, but at least it would have been consistent. Now we've got a "2" in the title, and that's gonna be bugging my OCD. Oh well, that's just the way it goes. Dunno if I'll get this one. There's gotta be a whole heck of a lot of new content to sway me.
Old February 25, 2012, 05:56:00 PM
Cyndaquil

I'm quite interested as to where they will head with this.
Perhaps a true sequel rather than the standard retelling?
Not sure about the legendary freak show, but I'm sure there's a good enough reason for them to splice them up.
Old February 25, 2012, 06:01:43 PM
Volcarona

Aw, s***! This gon' be tight! I'm so getting this game, even if I have to sell stuff to get it.

Offtopic, that baseline for the Legendary Theme is awesome. Sounds like something from Thunder Blade on the Arcade. Did Koichi Namiki crackdown on this tune too? :L

Last edited by GalliumGrant; February 25, 2012 at 06:09:32 PM.
Old February 25, 2012, 07:23:53 PM
Kyurem

Naming the games Pokémon Black and White Versions 2 has to mean something significant. It's not the expected pattern of third version naming. This has the implication of it being a sequel.

Can't wait for it to be released soon!
Old February 25, 2012, 07:24:41 PM
Kyurem

Wow. Wow wow wow. I am impressed. Not only are the designs badass, it was totally off from what I expected. I was honestly a little disappointed that it's not called Gray, but Black 2 and White 2 will do just fine. I do like the poster for the movie; but why so many Cryogonals?

It's also interesting to find that Meloetta will be somehow involved. I'd like to see how things go there.

All in all, I'm very excited. I can't believe that it's already been almost two years since B/W were released in Japan. Just goes to show how quickly time goes.
Old February 25, 2012, 08:04:00 PM
Shaymin

Once I get passed the initial excitement of actually being able to read approximately half of Junichi Masuda's tweet (I love you, Japanese class), here are my thoughts...
I'm pretty sure that after over 15 years no one expected Game Freak to finally pull out the numbers... Personally I'm not disappointed whatsoever, this is more than I had hoped for with Gray. It seemed a little early for them to be introducing a whole new game after the talk of Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, but that's just me. I'm reeeeally hoping for more development on where N disappeared off to, and maybe some more development on the 7 Sages, Shadow Triad and obviously the possibility to get Keldo.
Old February 25, 2012, 08:20:51 PM
Haxorus

The fact that the Pokemon Company splice Zekrom and Reshiram into Kyurem and then announce them as different forms of the Kyurem gives me mixed thoughts on the game. I'd say that they should have at least morphed the Pokemon a bit like they did with Giratina, and not emulate spriters these days by splicing creatures. I can't say the game will be horrible because of this, but we'll have to see what comes next in the near future. Like they say, "You can't judge a book by its cover".

Last edited by Turtwig; February 25, 2012 at 08:21:29 PM.
Old February 25, 2012, 10:01:01 PM
Kyurem

This idea is fricken beast!! Its awsome how they make kyrem half zekrom/reshiram plus 2 new types combos. I wounder though can we have both forms on a single game from trades? (Can its new form be on B/W1)

I bet we will have new move tutors as well. One last thing if they bring it out for japan this june i wounder if we will get it close to this september or something?
Old February 26, 2012, 03:22:29 AM
Rayquaza

I actually expected this today, but couldn't understand why would they announce before the release of the Japanese tactical game, since it would decrease its sales. Nevertheless, it was announced.

The names... I don't like them, although the new forms of Kyurem look cool. The idea of combining two Pokémon together is unique and has never happened before. However, this might give another proof to those who claim that Pokémon is getting ideas from Digimon. Since I don't know much about the games, I still can't judge. However, I am still reluctant to decide to buy it, as although I was excited for White, I forgot about it as soon as I was done with it.
Old February 26, 2012, 03:28:36 AM
Landorus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Anyways, that seems awesome! I think they look beast, and I never thought of doing anything like that!
Old February 26, 2012, 03:56:40 AM
Floatzel

Please, don't let this be dumb. Also, I like Kyurem's white form better to it's black form, although the black form, despite the fact it reminds me of a caveman, is also pretty awesome.
But you would have thought that they could have at least came up with actual names instead of just taking the ol' titles and putting a number in front of it.
Old February 26, 2012, 05:57:21 AM
Charizard

I am getting both. End of story.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:49:56 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'bom View Post
I'm a bit disappointed it isn't called Pokemon Gray. Yeah, it's bland and predictable, but at least it would have been consistent. Now we've got a "2" in the title, and that's gonna be bugging my OCD. Oh well, that's just the way it goes. Dunno if I'll get this one. There's gotta be a whole heck of a lot of new content to sway me.
You have OCD? Cool, I do too
Old February 26, 2012, 10:41:20 AM
Regigigas

The funniest thing for me about this announcement is that I only beat Pokemon White by the day of. So it was basically announced the day I beat Pokemon White xD
Old February 26, 2012, 03:00:39 PM
Regigigas

I'm quite blown away by this announcement and completely shattered everyone's expectations for them to announce a Grey version. I'm quite interested to see where the plot's going this time, and it's a definite day one buy for me.

Let's see how well Ninty and Game Freak handles a direct sequel!
Old February 26, 2012, 03:04:39 PM
Magikarp

im so excited!! i luv pokemon black and wite so black and white 2 will be good. no third version is right ha ha!
Old February 26, 2012, 03:21:11 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
The funniest thing for me about this announcement is that I only beat Pokemon White by the day of. So it was basically announced the day I beat Pokemon White xD
Same here, except I was playing Black version.

In fact, I was beating Black while in the chat while Cat and friends were watching Pokémon Smash announcing what was going on. It was kinda funny really when they heard the announcement.
Old February 26, 2012, 03:36:20 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Same here, except I was playing Black version.

In fact, I was beating Black while in the chat while Cat and friends were watching Pokémon Smash announcing what was going on. It was kinda funny really when they heard the announcement.
Hehe I was there when that happened xD
Old February 26, 2012, 07:42:26 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimazone View Post
Well, I bought White, so I guess I should keep with it and get White 2!
NOPE you bought white so you should get black and visa versa
Old February 26, 2012, 08:42:16 PM
Kyurem

Well i got white version so im getting white2, just to keep it going i guess or whatever.
Old February 27, 2012, 04:46:45 AM
Floatzel

I hope we get PMD 3 soon. Also, how do these two new formes come in to play? Does Kyurem combine with Reshiram/Zekrom to turn into those dragons? Or is it something else...?
Old February 27, 2012, 02:01:00 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire28382 View Post
NOPE you bought white so you should get black and visa versa
But I got White, so Getting Black 2 is getting the sequel to Black, not white :l

Now I'm confused.