Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 11, 2013, 04:32:05 PM
Magikarp

Smile General X and Y talk

I am so excited for Pokemon x and y I've have been waiting Ever since it was announced. I cant wait until the official CoroCoro Scans come out tomorrow.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:08:15 PM
Giratina

I don't think this deserves its own thread, no offense... You can discuss your excitement in one of the existing X and Y threads, don't you think?
Old February 11, 2013, 07:30:23 PM
Administrator

I changed the thread title.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:36:13 PM

I honestly hope Ninfia is confirmed to be real. It is most likely going to be my favorite Eeveelution (going off of appearance). ^^
Old February 11, 2013, 11:15:23 PM
Kyurem

you know the reason i bought my 3ds is just to get one of these new games. Also ninfia looks cool hope it gets good stats to be OU.
Old February 12, 2013, 04:12:53 AM
Magikarp

Default Who's going to pre-order it

Who's going to pre order it i am for sure
Old February 12, 2013, 12:10:28 PM
Magikarp

None taken PHANTOMxTRAINER thanks for the feed back
Old February 12, 2013, 07:15:07 PM
Joltik

Man I'm so happy I decided to buy a 3DS, never have I been so thankful for making a decision. X and Y are going to be amazing. <3;
Old February 13, 2013, 12:50:21 PM
Magikarp

I got a 3ds for Christmas !!! i was so happy
Old February 13, 2013, 01:05:04 PM
Giratina

I bought a 3DS when it came out, and I'm so happy I bought it. At first, I bought it just because I needed the latest thing all the time, but now I'm so glad I didn't stop with the DS systems. XY and possibly Z<3
Old February 14, 2013, 11:49:08 AM
Haxorus

My 3DS makes my eyes burn.

I turn the 3D off.
Old February 16, 2013, 10:46:25 AM
Giratina

If you look in the statue in this image, it has a Golurk and Palpitoad. Does this mean that we will be able to catch previous generation pokemon? Just a thought I came across on.
Old February 16, 2013, 12:48:38 PM
Administrator

I'm gonna guess yes, but like always, I'm hoping they avoid sticking Zubat--or now Woobat--in every cave.
Old February 16, 2013, 02:17:20 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I'm gonna guess yes, but like always, I'm hoping they avoid sticking Zubat--or now Woobat--in every cave.
And instead of seeing an item on the ground in picking it up only to run into a Voltorb, you'll run into a Foongus or something like last generation?
Old February 16, 2013, 02:53:00 PM
Linoone

Man I just wanna see a dark type gym somewhere.
Seriously, its so overdue for one it's getting just plain stupid.
Old February 16, 2013, 03:20:11 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Man I just wanna see a dark type gym somewhere.
Seriously, its so overdue for one it's getting just plain stupid.
It's not overdue, we have a Dark Gym here at Victory Road's Gym League
Old February 16, 2013, 07:03:32 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
It's not overdue, we have a Dark Gym here at Victory Road's Gym League
Phantom wins the internet

I want to see Sabrina have a gym. Cause she's awesome.
Better yet, bring Whitney back. That girl is the hardest Trainer I have evar faced. Evar.

Last edited by Absol; February 16, 2013 at 07:04:51 PM.
Old February 16, 2013, 07:08:02 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol View Post
Phantom wins the internet

I want to see Sabrina have a gym. Cause she's awesome.
Better yet, bring Whitney back. That girl is the hardest Trainer I have evar faced. Evar.
The past gym leaders wouldn't have their own gym in the new game, but maybe a place where you can battle them. That's almost certain.
Old February 17, 2013, 01:51:06 AM
Haxorus

I hope they bring back the old villianous teams like Rocket and Galactic, but I think thats asking for too much.
Old February 17, 2013, 03:33:56 AM
Linoone

I dunno about galactic as a whole, but I am curious as to what happened to Cyrus. I don't know about pearl or diamond, but at the end of platinum he left on an ominous note and didn't really reform at all- I would almost expect him to show up sometime in the future with another villainous scheme.
Old February 17, 2013, 04:31:55 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
I dunno about galactic as a whole, but I am curious as to what happened to Cyrus. I don't know about pearl or diamond, but at the end of platinum he left on an ominous note and didn't really reform at all- I would almost expect him to show up sometime in the future with another villainous scheme.
Steal ALL THE GLACEONS!!!1!!!!11

Anyone else thing tgey should finally change Gyarados to Water/Dragon?
Or let Scytger/Scizor learn Fly?
Old February 17, 2013, 04:34:46 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Steal ALL THE GLACEONS!!!1!!!!11

Anyone else thing tgey should finally change Gyarados to Water/Dragon?
Or let Scytger/Scizor learn Fly?
Um..no. not really. Gyarados is perfectly fine as a water/dragon. and Scizor's wings are really small, so they aren't enough for him to fly.
Old February 17, 2013, 04:40:15 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Um..no. not really. Gyarados is perfectly fine as a water/dragon. and Scizor's wings are really small, so they aren't enough for him to fly.
Gyarados learns almost no good Flying moves, and has no visible wings to speak of. But he learns Twister, Dragonbreath and Dragon Rage, and Scizor's wings may be too small, but since when have pokemon obeyed rules of physics?
Old February 17, 2013, 05:36:44 AM
Linoone

Gyarados' typing is fine, to be honest. It's more like a sea serpent than a dragon anyway.

Personally, I want to see more older items be used to evolve things. Get more use of the mountains of stuff inside bags already before adding new mcguffins to evolve only one or two critters.
Old February 17, 2013, 06:06:08 AM
Haxorus

Yeah, what are Oval Stone Egg Stone Prism Scale...

I think they should bring back the original Game Boy Sounds like on Soulsilver. That's reason #2 why HG SS is my favorite series.

Last edited by Absol; February 17, 2013 at 06:06:34 AM.
Old February 17, 2013, 07:12:19 AM

Quote:
Yeah, what are Oval Stone Egg Stone Prism Scale...

I think they should bring back the original Game Boy Sounds like on Soulsilver. That's reason #2 why HG SS is my favorite series.
They might do that for the Gen 3 Remakes (if they ever make them). The GB Sounds were okay, but it didn't perfectly copy the music used in the originals which disappointed me a little (Different beeps and pitches).

Anyone else here think of the possibility that X and Y are ditching the Bicycle? In the trailer you saw the main character using rollerblades, so this might be a hint that they replaced the Bicycle with Rollerblades instead.
Old February 17, 2013, 07:45:42 AM
Linoone

Personally I wouldn't like the ol' bike to up and dissapear. It'd be better if they instead added roller blades for a different kind of transportation to get to different areas and you had to switch at a certain area- like how in gen 3 you could swap between the acro and mach bikes, basically.

At least that's how I'd do it, anyway.
Old February 17, 2013, 09:58:58 AM
Giratina

Well, if the character customization theory is true, then the rollerblades might be an accessory?
Old February 17, 2013, 12:06:11 PM
Administrator

They could very well be the replacement for the Running Shoes, which personally never made sense. Did your character use cleats, boots, or high heels before getting them?
Old March 25, 2013, 06:58:31 AM
Shaymin

I just noticed the DNA strand on the logo. :facepalm:
Click image for larger version

Name:	pokemon-x-y.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	4682
Old March 25, 2013, 04:17:08 PM
Charizard

Quote:
They could very well be the replacement for the Running Shoes, which personally never made sense. Did your character use cleats, boots, or high heels before getting them?
Oh man, rollerblades, the future of running in Pokemon.

It could be like Lan, in Megaman Battle Network. He had rollerblades to move faster with. :3
Old March 29, 2013, 08:30:00 PM
Charizard

Post Pokemon XY Legendary Theory!

So I was browsing through some forums and I found this image. I'm sure many of us know that the Japanese logos for X Version and Y Version include what appears to be a small strand of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) in text. This indicates that not only do the letters X and Y indicate two different axes ( as well as the inevitable "Z" due to the third axis in a three dimensional perspective) but it also signifies that these names signify that the games' plots may center around DNA or biology in some state or form. Keep in mind that two chromosomes determine the sex (or gender if you would) of a baby. Two X chromosomes (xx) = a female infant, while on the other hand an X and Y chromosome (xy) = a male infant being born. Not only that, but there is also a third "Z" chromosome found in some reptiles indicating that this other possible legendary would most likely be a dragon type. This picture leads me to believe that Xerneas will be a Psychic type due to it resembling neurons AKA nerve cells. I have no idea what type the others could be,but Yveltal definitely represents the cardiovascular system, so we might possibly have an organ sytem theme going here as well. What do you guys think? I think it's a pretty interesting and quite a solid theory myself. Here's the image.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nervous.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	4709  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 29, 2013 at 08:56:19 PM.
Old March 29, 2013, 08:38:58 PM
Regigigas

That's so weird... But interesting. But game freak if you make DNA type I will be angry really really angry or sound type it just seems weird to have sound type to me.
Old March 29, 2013, 08:57:51 PM
Charizard

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-li View Post
That's so weird... But interesting. But game freak if you make DNA type I will be angry really really angry or sound type it just seems weird to have sound type to me.
I think the reasoning behind not having a sound or DNA type is probably Deoxys and the Exploud family. Then again I guess they could always pull a Gen II and just add the types on to pre-existing Pokemon like they did with Steel and Dark.
Old March 29, 2013, 09:04:52 PM
Administrator

I highly doubt they'd add a DNA type, and I'm rather doubting they'll add another type at all.

I'm still skeptical to if they're even entirely keeping the IV system as it is. The EV system is alright but flawed in how you train, but the random nature of IVs just leads to so many people cheating.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 29, 2013 at 09:04:57 PM.
Old March 29, 2013, 09:30:51 PM
Charizard

Question

Quote:
I highly doubt they'd add a DNA type, and I'm rather doubting they'll add another type at all.

I'm still skeptical to if they're even entirely keeping the IV system as it is. The EV system is alright but flawed in how you train, but the random nature of IVs just leads to so many people cheating.
True. As well as breeding over and over and over again. Maybe different IV values for each different kind of pokemon (i.e. Every Ditto has a preset IV value, which is different from say, a Torchic or a Scyther). Or maybe each cartridge has a different IV set for every Pokemon. Wait...then others would have an unfair advantage. I don't know...what system would you suggest, Cat?
Old March 29, 2013, 09:34:36 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure. I'm thinking something where each Pokémon has a sum of, say, 100 IVs, which are distributed among the stats, so there can't be something with a bunch of 0's, nor can there be something with a bunch of 31's. Of course, this won't fix anything either. So yeah, I'm not sure what it could be replaced with, but the IV system really is flawed at this point, and it was flawed in Gens I/II as well when there were only four IVs.
Old March 29, 2013, 09:48:29 PM
Charizard

Cool

Quote:
I'm not sure. I'm thinking something where each Pokémon has a sum of, say, 100 IVs, which are distributed among the stats, so there can't be something with a bunch of 0's, nor can there be something with a bunch of 31's. Of course, this won't fix anything either. So yeah, I'm not sure what it could be replaced with, but the IV system really is flawed at this point, and it was flawed in Gens I/II as well when there were only four IVs.
I like that idea. I don't know much about Generation II's system as I didn't look into it that much and got it well into the third generation. Also, I was nine at the time, so I had no idea what they were. Ahh...Generation II and my Pokemon names full of puns... I had a Butterfree named, "FreeButter?" Yeah I should probably get back to the topic of X & Y haha

Last edited by BluFire1337; March 29, 2013 at 09:52:26 PM.
Old March 29, 2013, 09:56:03 PM
Administrator

The four IVs in Gen I were Attack, Defense, Special, and Speed, each ranging from 0 to 15. HP was derived using a mathematical function (forgot which one), also from 0 to 15. In Gen II, the Special IV was used for both Special Attack and Special Defense for backwards compatibility. EVs were a convoluted mess that isn't worth explaining, but you could max all of the stats out. When Gen III came around, each of the six stats got its own value from 0 to 31, and EVs were capped at 510 points, meaning you couldn't max all the stats. The Gen III system still exists in Gen V.

Of course, if they do drop IVs or change them, we might lose backwards compatibility, and, without hyperbole, I'd seriously hate not being able to bring forward a few thousand Pokémon.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:04:31 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Of course, if they do drop IVs or change them, we might lose backwards compatibility, and, without hyperbole, I'd seriously hate not being able to bring forward a few thousand Pokémon.
That is A LOT of Pokemon. O.O But yeah, that is always a factor. And besides, I'm wondering how they'll do it in the first place what with no second cartridge slot and the difference in the 3DS and DS interface, etc.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:08:14 PM
Administrator

I can see one possible way: DS Download Play could still be used.

Oh, another thing I've been curious of: will this be downloadable via the eShop? I'm doubting it will because of the extreme ease of duplicating save files/creating more save files just by using multiple SD cards. This is Pokémon, the one series infamous for being locked down without third party hardware/software.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:14:36 PM
Charizard

Yeah, that may be an issue. With all the digital 3DS games (I even walked into GameStop and they were selling a Super Mario 3D Land download ticket) I still think this might be one series best to stay on the actual physical cartridge. Unless they put some very heavy encription on the save files of these games somehow, people are going to hack it like crazy...
Old March 29, 2013, 10:17:54 PM
Administrator

Encryption won't protect literally copying the SD card to another one, though, and any form of static encryption (meaning it doesn't change and isn't temporary like secure connections to websites) can be broken if enough people try to get at it long enough.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:22:34 PM
Charizard

That's another tough one. And let's not forget these websites like we have now where you can trick the GTS into thinking that a new pokemon has arrived and out comes something like a hacked Golduck with Motor Drive and Fire Type moves.

Last edited by BluFire1337; March 29, 2013 at 10:26:04 PM.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:26:08 PM
Administrator

Yeah, the fake DNSes that don't even require connecting anything to your system. Who knows what'll be the fate of the GTS...or trading...or hacking...or any of that in general. I'm just glad the main series games are coming out before all the major system hacking and such so that I can enjoy playing them the way they were meant to be played.

...Of course, if there's backwards compatibility, anything before Gen VI could be hacked anyway. Meh.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:41:38 PM
Charizard

Quote:
...Of course, if there's backwards compatibility, anything before Gen VI could be hacked anyway. Meh.
True...Gamesharking and Action Replay days could be over on Nintendo consoles though with the higher security and the ability to patch the system software itself. Or maybe they could pull a Mario Kart 7 and prohibit online multiplayer until the game gets patched? I'm curious as to what they will do. I already have my copy of X pre-ordered as I did with White & White 2 and I really hope that they beef up the security of these games and make them less hackable by G6. So many ways to hack a game, yet they can't guess all of them, so people will eventually find a way, whether it be in a month from release or four years, they'll find one. I'm hoping it'll take longer with the worldwide release date and whatnot though so no one gets the Japanese version earlier and has more time to hack the game.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:45:41 PM
Administrator

Don't forget the States and Japan are both getting the games in the same month (this October), but yeah, I agree with you. Hacking can be fun when you are just trying to break your own singleplayer game, but hackers online do seriously ruin the fun of a game. I hate battling people who just throw their generated team together with perfect stats and use that when legitimate players have to deal with arduous breeding messes.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:55:59 PM
Charizard

Yeah, I mean, I loved hacking Super Mario 64 DS for the Moon Jump and stuff, but on this kind of game, I just view it as unprincipled. Unless it's you and a friend battling both with hacked Pokemon, then it shouldn't be allowed. As for my comment about the hacking of X and Y, I meant that I'm glad they're doing a global release date so the hackers don't have a Japanese copy months before everyone else gets a copy. Also spoilers are at minimum this way and I like that fact very much.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:59:56 PM
Administrator

One thing I'm glad for is that I won't have to bother learning the Japanese names then shortly after learning the English names and forgetting the Japanese names. It was annoying in Gen V. Heck, it was annoying when I played Platinum in Japanese and didn't know any of the Japanese names back then. Also, it'll mean most of the English speakers will be playing an English copy, so no dealing with others using Japanese names either.
Old March 29, 2013, 11:02:48 PM
Charizard

Yes, that is MUCH nicer, as well as no complaining over Japan having better names, even if I do like Deikenki a tad more than Samurott myself.
Old March 29, 2013, 11:06:48 PM
Administrator

I like "Daikenki" because of how it's said in the song "Pokémon Ierukana? BW."

Have there yet been any official numbers, or any rumors, on how many Pokémon there will be in Gen VI? I'm guessing the typical 100~150, which would bump it to around 750~800 total. (Jeez, that's a lot!)
Old March 29, 2013, 11:22:18 PM
Charizard

I haven't heard any numbers,but if you add 165 (the number of new Pokémon in GV) to 649 it adds up to 805 Pokémon to battle and train! Holy crap! That is A LOT. I did read where Satoshi Tajiri has literally thousands of ideas in his head so who knows...
Old March 29, 2013, 11:27:03 PM
Administrator

I've heard that Lugia, Ho-Oh, Togepi, and Munna were originally going to be in Gen I, and that Shellos and Gastrodon were originally going to be in Gen III. Only Tajiri (and probably Sugimori and a few others) knows what Pokémon were older ideas.
Old March 29, 2013, 11:27:59 PM

I have a feeling Gen VI is going to be similar to Gen IV in terms of adding new Pokémon; which was a little over 100. I think the new National dex will be somewhere up there in the high 700s or the really low 800s.
Old March 29, 2013, 11:34:34 PM
Charizard

Cool

Quote:
I've heard that Lugia, Ho-Oh, Togepi, and Munna were originally going to be in Gen I, and that Shellos and Gastrodon were originally going to be in Gen III. Only Tajiri (and probably Sugimori and a few others) knows what Pokémon were older ideas.
Wow. I knew about Lugia,Ho-Oh,Togepi,Shellos and Gastrodon,but not about Munna. maybe it was cut due to Drowzee also being a pig like Psychic Type? I wonder if we'll also get some old ideas this time around? Also, what do you think about Sylveon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I have a feeling Gen VI is going to be similar to Gen IV in terms of adding new Pokémon; which was a little over 100. I think the new National dex will be somewhere up there in the high 700s or the really low 800s.
I think they'll put in several evolutions,but I hope they bring in several new ones as well.

Last edited by Cyrus; March 29, 2013 at 11:46:53 PM. Reason: double post
Old March 29, 2013, 11:45:52 PM
Administrator

There was a major reference to Munna in the Gen I games (a character describes it), and I believe there were some comments about that.

I'm wondering if we'll get improved triple battling. There are already some moves that are quite broken, like Tailwind and Earthquake (no power reduction for more Pokémon getting hit). Rotation battling could use some enhancements, too.
Old March 29, 2013, 11:50:36 PM
Charizard

Yeah,these were good ideas,but they're just so buggy as it is...and what about the wonder launcher? Do you hope for a return with it?
Old March 29, 2013, 11:55:47 PM
Administrator

I don't think the Wonder Launcher got much use, at least from what I've heard, except when folks accidentally left it on and decided to try it out because of it.

Of all things I hope for, personally, I'd really like to see HMs get ditched. In fact, there's a thread dedicated to it: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10940
Old March 30, 2013, 07:29:50 AM
Charizard

Quote:
I don't think the Wonder Launcher got much use, at least from what I've heard, except when folks accidentally left it on and decided to try it out because of it.

Of all things I hope for, personally, I'd really like to see HMs get ditched. In fact, there's a thread dedicated to it: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10940
I kind of like Wonder Launcher due to getting HUGE stat boosts if you wait long enough, BUT if you have a move like Calm Mind you could already have those stat boosts quicker, as well as the WL being a little broken. Who wants to wait 12 turns for a Full Restore? And HMs can stay as long as they are moves such as Surf, Waterfall, Dig, Dive and Fly, which actually have use in battle, but as far as Cut, Flash,etc., why even bother? Now that TMs don't break, an HM is almost pointless.
Old March 30, 2013, 01:40:55 PM
Administrator

I only recall actually using the Wonder Launcher once, but I've never been too huge in experimenting. I've mostly been sticking to traditional single and double battles without the Wonder Launcher.
Old March 30, 2013, 03:07:12 PM
Rayquaza

Pokemon Sunday just aired, they're supposed to reveal a new pokemon or they're just making something up that's already been revealed for sweeps.
Old March 30, 2013, 03:12:29 PM
Administrator

Like usual, let's hope the international news comes out around the same time.
Old March 30, 2013, 04:13:29 PM
Rayquaza

Junichi Masauda just tweeted in English there will be a big X/Y announcement next so now I'm pretty sure this will be big.
Old March 30, 2013, 04:15:49 PM
Shaymin

I am really hoping that it will be evolutions of the starters, and that is all I ask for. I hope it is more, but I am trying not to get too excited. :X
Old March 30, 2013, 05:11:57 PM
Administrator

I'm guessing it'll be some new Pokémon, probably early game stuff (like Pidove, Lillipup, and Purrloin).
Old March 30, 2013, 05:44:28 PM

I just checked Serebii and saw that 1 new Pokémon will be revealed next week. The news will be broadcasted and localized worldwide at the same time.
Old March 30, 2013, 05:52:30 PM
Administrator

One? Hmm, perhaps it'll be one of the movie stars, like Zoroark and Lucario.
Old March 30, 2013, 06:20:45 PM

Time to expect a new fox-jackal fuzzy mascot for Gen 6.
Old March 30, 2013, 08:59:39 PM
Charizard

I'm liking this idea. Loved Lucario and Zoroark is probably my favorite Pokemon of Generation V if not all time. I'm also liking this worldwide update stuff! GF made a smart move. As I discussed with Cat earlier, it's great that it's a worldwide release so no one gets a heads up and so no one has time to hack the game before the US gets it like past games. Thanks GameFreak!^^
Old March 30, 2013, 09:25:44 PM
Administrator

Hm, it could also be the "third" legendary, or maybe another Eevee to complement Sylveon (pattern so far by generation: 3, 2, 0, 2, 0, 1).
Old March 31, 2013, 05:50:18 AM
Rayquaza

Here's the kids actual reaction to the announcement.

It looks like it could be a tall pokemon so you guys probably are right.

Name:	s2wtx2.png
Views:	1602
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	4721

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 31, 2013 at 01:32:43 PM.
Old March 31, 2013, 09:13:49 AM
Kyurem

They could be fooling us and it will be a really tiny baby Pokemon.
Old March 31, 2013, 09:43:09 AM
Giratina

If this is a 3rd legendary, I have a feeling it'll be a snake looking thing. For the Norse Mythology theory going around.
Old March 31, 2013, 11:35:00 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
If this is a 3rd legendary, I have a feeling it'll be a snake looking thing. For the Norse Mythology theory going around.
I agree with that! I totally forgot about that, and it could be it.
I would expect it to be something like this god or some other mythical snake-humanoid... but of coarse it would be Pokemon-like.
Old March 31, 2013, 01:37:50 PM
Administrator

If it's anything like Lucario and Zoroark, it'll be anthropomorphic and have a character on Pokémon Smash represented by a cast member in a fursuit/costume.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 31, 2013 at 01:43:41 PM.
Old March 31, 2013, 03:31:54 PM
Charizard

Talking

Quote:
If it's anything like Lucario and Zoroark, it'll be anthropomorphic and have a character on Pokémon Smash represented by a cast member in a fursuit/costume.
Cast member in a fursuit...hmm...interesting. Also, I wander what its quirk will be? Lucario being the Aura Pokemon and Zoroark having illusion and Night Daze.
Old April 2, 2013, 03:21:53 PM
Shaymin

Has anyone preordered it yet? I am thinking about it, deeply.
Old April 2, 2013, 03:39:31 PM
Giratina

Preordering started and I didn't know about this? Well I've got $50 saved up in the fund, I could split that as an even $25 for both versions. Next time I go to GameStop for PMD3 I'll do that.
Old April 2, 2013, 04:05:57 PM
Shaymin

Preordering it is 39.96 if you have Amazon Prime.
Old April 3, 2013, 10:28:17 AM
Charizard

I preordered my copy of X at GameStop when I bought Fire Emblem Awakening last month :3
Old April 3, 2013, 05:03:54 PM
Regigigas

I hope the character customization is true. Like sort of what they did with Battle Revolution. Especially for wi-fi, that would be pretty cool.

Also, roller blades! Best thing ever.
Old April 5, 2013, 03:53:09 PM
Haxorus

Has anyone seen this yet?

From what I can tell, Heracross and Pinsir are getting pre-evolutions.

Last edited by GTP_NickSkyline; April 5, 2013 at 03:53:18 PM.
Old April 5, 2013, 04:36:39 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP_NickSkyline View Post
Has anyone seen this yet?

From what I can tell, Heracross and Pinsir are getting pre-evolutions.
I would say that is fake. I have heard rumors and seen (And I am pretty positive when I say this) those preevolutions pictures before today (well pretty much before this month XD).
Old June 14, 2013, 06:35:32 AM
Regigigas

A new gameplayer trailer was released this morning. It reveals one of the gym leaders and more gameplay.

EDIT: Feel free to move if I posted this in the wrong place.

Last edited by Shade; June 14, 2013 at 06:36:03 AM.
Old June 14, 2013, 08:13:25 PM

I think I've noticed something in the video regarding Fairy type moves.

At the time between 0:34 and 0:35, the sound effect that plays is shorter than the sound effect played at 0:39 (Sounds like "Powww!"), which is the normal-effective sound effect. Since the sound effect playing at 0:34 is shorter (Sounds like "Pup!"), I believe this is the not-very-effective sound effect. The Fairy attack [Fairy Wind] was used against a Pokémon that's Normal/Fire.

It's from this that I came to the conclusion that Fairy moves aren't very effective against either Normal types or Fire types. (pretty sure it's Fire types since Normal types don't have any resistances and they don't have a reason to resist Fairy moves. Fire does seem like the type to resist fairy moves because Fairy typing is based off of nature- and fire burns nature.)

Last edited by Reuniclus; June 14, 2013 at 08:21:05 PM. Reason: Adding details :P
Old June 14, 2013, 08:52:20 PM
Giratina

I would've never figured that out, I never observe too much. I just jump in and do whatever lol
Old June 15, 2013, 05:21:59 PM
Rayquaza

On Pokemon Smash they showed Sableye and Dunsparce with different models, I hope this means they'll get new evolutions!

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 15, 2013 at 08:01:14 PM.
Old June 15, 2013, 09:39:39 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
On Pokemon Smash they showed Sableye and Dunsparce with different models, I hope this means they'll get new evolutions!
How do you mean different? But I hope Sableye gets an evolution, I might use it then.
Old June 15, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
Administrator

Maybe new formes instead?
Old June 16, 2013, 02:02:34 AM
Administrator

One of my greatest worries about X/Y is now quelled: folks can't clone Pokémon by copying save files on digital copies then restoring them after a trade. New Leaf already showed off a form of DRM on the save file that locks the 3DS to only reading the most recent save file.
Old June 16, 2013, 02:34:04 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
One of my greatest worries about X/Y is now quelled: folks can't clone Pokémon by copying save files on digital copies then restoring them after a trade. New Leaf already showed off a form of DRM on the save file that locks the 3DS to only reading the most recent save file.
And seeing how 3DS applications are encrypted and in a single, contiguous file for most of the data, it's probably a long, long time before the games themselves are hacked to even allow this to happen.

I'm actually glad that the 3DS has much tighter security compared to the DS, which is basically wide open.
Old June 16, 2013, 09:58:53 AM
Pikachu

The game is looking really good so far, but i still think that they should make new evolutions to old Pokémon, like Golduck and a few others. Also, why only one new type?
Old June 16, 2013, 10:20:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maogi View Post
The game is looking really good so far, but i still think that they should make new evolutions to old Pokémon, like Golduck and a few others. Also, why only one new type?
Introducing more than 1 type at a single time can overcomplicate things when it comes to the metagame. Unlike Gen 2, today we live in a very competitive environment that's sensitive to change.
Old June 16, 2013, 10:39:16 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Introducing more than 1 type at a single time can overcomplicate things when it comes to the metagame. Unlike Gen 2, today we live in a very competitive environment that's sensitive to change.
Unfortunately there is that side too. :I
Old July 6, 2013, 10:18:33 AM
Rayquaza

Don't feel like pointing this out deserve a thread so I'll just mention it here.

I found an old thread on a forum site about the first response from people when Diamond and Pearl first came out and it is hilarious!

There were are more people that were mad about Eevee new evolutions then were happy!

Also first reactions to Arceus were also pretty funny.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 6, 2013 at 10:19:10 AM.
Old July 6, 2013, 10:26:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Don't feel like pointing this out deserve a thread so I'll just mention it here.

I found an old thread on a forum site about the first response from people when Diamond and Pearl first came out and it is hilarious!

There were are more people that were mad about Eevee new evolutions then were happy!

Also first reactions to Arceus were also pretty funny.
Yeah, folks are always quick to complain about things, then they'll get used to them. Pokémon is always like that until the Pokémon grow on them.
Old July 6, 2013, 10:40:35 AM
Rayquaza

I was really surprised about it mainly because people wouldn't shut up about getting new eeveelutions last year.
Old August 8, 2013, 10:05:29 AM
Giratina

What do you guys think about these new MegaEvolutions?! Personally I'm not too fond of them, but I'll elaborate once I see some other responses.
Old August 8, 2013, 10:10:27 AM
Celebi

I Feel....Indifferent about the New Mega Evolutons...
Yeah they look cool and all
But...it's just something that I don't like about them
Old August 8, 2013, 10:17:38 AM
Kyurem

Im hoping for a mega raichu or mega garchomp, but mega ampheras being part dragon is awsome.