Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 6, 2010, 05:43:54 AM
Rayquaza

Default Spirit's Art Thread 3:The Cowboys arrive!

I have made couple of threads where I showed some of the old pictures I drew when I was young. Enough of the past, it is the time to take you back to the present and show you pictures I have drawn recently.

1- A standing Horse
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/a...ses/img030.jpg

I wanted the first horse to be nice. The pose was all right, but after finishing drawing, I realized that the structure wasn't proportional. I am not sure of it, but it seems to me as if the neck is slightly bigger than the rest of the body. For some reason, I find its face long. Apart from that, the shading sucks. There is a vast difference between the shading tones; makes it look like collage. I blame the way I held the pencil.
My own rating: 4/10

2- Running Horse
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/a...ses/img031.jpg

This was the second one I drew. After recognizing how bad the previous one was, I decided to make sure not to make the same mistakes. What I can say as a success is the improvement of the proportionality of the body. At least, the body looks all the same now. However, I am still not satisfied with the shading, nor with weird-looking hair. I still hate it.
My own rating: 5/10

3- Horse standing on two legs
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/a...ses/img025.jpg

The third horse. Comparing it to the previous ones, this is much better. It is the same picture I submitted in the Art Contest. The structure was drawn in a much better way while at last, the shading became very good. To be honest, while I was drawing this one, I tried a different way of holding the pencil and it worked all well. I am using this technique forever.
My own rating: 8/10

4- Horse Head
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/a...ses/img032.jpg

I was in a hurry yesterday. You can even notice that by seeing all the scribbles around the neck and the ears. I didn't have time to rub them. I didn't also concentrate on the shading part; I had to sharpen the pencils and I didn't. Nevertheless, the structure looks nice, especially the face. The hair is also good.
My own rating: 8/10

Well, these are the pictures. The first two look terrible, but I don't mind if you guys rate them.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; July 6, 2010 at 05:44:21 AM.
Old July 8, 2010, 08:20:02 AM
Giratina

I agree with the first three ratings of your pictures. Also, the third one, in my opinion, is the best out of them all. As for the fourth one, it deserves a six or a seven out of ten because it looks weird.

Last edited by Shadow; July 8, 2010 at 08:20:16 AM.
Old July 8, 2010, 08:25:49 AM
Giratina

Achievement unlocked
Drew one of the hardest animals to draw - 100G

Seriously, I can't even dream of drawing a horse... They're so dang complicated... I really like the third one!
Old July 8, 2010, 09:55:29 AM
Rayquaza

Thank you two. I agree with both of you; the third one is the best.
Old July 17, 2010, 06:25:56 PM
Haxorus

...The first one is missing a leg...
Old July 18, 2010, 01:17:22 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
...The first one is missing a leg...
That is because of the pose itself. The pose I chose had only 3 legs showing.
Old July 20, 2010, 10:24:06 AM
Linoone

As I said, your artwork has definatly improved with each one; I personally think the third picture is your best. Its use of shadowing is really nice! Not to mention the general anatomy of the actual horse. One thing I'd watch out for is the anatomy of the head; it's heads pose seems a little arwkward. However, moving on to the fourth picture, you seem to have improved greatly on the horses face pose and anatomy. While in the fourth picture, it lacks the depths in shading in relation to the third.
Also, I like how you do your manes. B3

So, as Nin said. Congratulations! You Pwned one of the hardest animals possible x3
Old July 21, 2010, 04:17:13 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki-Kai View Post
As I said, your artwork has definatly improved with each one; I personally think the third picture is your best. Its use of shadowing is really nice! Not to mention the general anatomy of the actual horse. One thing I'd watch out for is the anatomy of the head; it's heads pose seems a little arwkward. However, moving on to the fourth picture, you seem to have improved greatly on the horses face pose and anatomy. While in the fourth picture, it lacks the depths in shading in relation to the third.
Also, I like how you do your manes. B3

So, as Nin said. Congratulations! You Pwned one of the hardest animals possible x3
I was so hungry while drawing the fourth one, so I couldn't complete it. I was in a hurry to finish it.