Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Walkthroughs and Let's Plays
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 1, 2010, 06:25:56 PM
Regigigas

Question How Do You Record Your Videos?

Alot of people use a camcorder and their tv/ds screen to shove some videos on youtube with the Crappiest quality possible. So I ask, how do you record your videos, editing and capturing?
Old April 2, 2010, 07:12:31 AM
Charizard

For DS games, most people use an emulator + a screen recording device like Camtasia.

For console games, you can use Dazzle or any other video capture device that connects to your TV.

Both of these cost money though, unless you're satisfied with the 30-day free trial from Camtasia.
Old April 2, 2010, 08:06:27 AM
Volcarona

There are free screen capture programs available. If you're running Windows, Windows Media Encoder is a safe bet. For recording what's on your TV screen, though, you'll need a capture card or similar device, as aragornbird said.

Last edited by piexing; April 2, 2010 at 08:07:07 AM.
Old April 2, 2010, 02:07:21 PM
Shaymin

I actually use a camcorder to record my LPs. On one hand, it's a lot easier to use than a capture card, since the programs I use for it are much less of a hassle, and I must say that DS recordings look brilliant. On the other hand, I have to try to make LPs recorded on a TV look somewhat okay without it looking like sheet completely. Sony Vegas takes good care of that.
Old April 2, 2010, 02:55:27 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
I actually use a camcorder to record my LPs. On one hand, it's a lot easier to use than a capture card, since the programs I use for it are much less of a hassle, and I must say that DS recordings look brilliant. On the other hand, I have to try to make LPs recorded on a TV look somewhat okay without it looking like sheet completely. Sony Vegas takes good care of that.
Sorry if it sounded like I was bashing those who use camcorders for Ds gameplay. I meant those recorded from home systems.
Old April 2, 2010, 10:21:53 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayunnuya View Post
Sorry if it sounded like I was bashing those who use camcorders for Ds gameplay. I meant those recorded from home systems.
Well, I still beat myself over choosing to record my Metroid Prime LP with a camcorder. So it's fine.

If and when I get proper LP equipment, I am redoing my Metroid Prime Let's Play.
Old April 20, 2010, 06:51:10 PM
Regigigas

Does anyone use a DVD recorder to put things on Youtube?
Old May 27, 2010, 07:13:27 PM
Haxorus

Dazzle would work fine with consoles like the wii, ps3, etc.
Old May 27, 2010, 07:20:01 PM
Shaymin

When I get my next LP going(console), I'll be using my Dazzle to record it. Oh, and Audacity to record commentary.

One word of advice to everyone considering doing an LP of a console via a camcorder...don't. It looks UGLY, low quality, and not worth the viewer's time. Direct feed device like Dazzle or bust.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 30, 2013 at 08:52:28 PM.
Old May 27, 2010, 07:39:50 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
When I get my next LP going(console), I'll be using my Dazzle to record it. Oh, and Audacity to record commentary.

One word of advice to everyone considering doing an LP of a console via a camcorder...don't. It looks UGLY, low quality, and not worth the viewer's time. Direct feed device like Dazzle or bust.
TAKE THE ADVICE HIGHLIGHTED IN RED, SERIOUSLY. My Prime LPs are recorded in terrible quality. Once I get a capture card, a mic, and a better computer to use them with, I'm redoing those LPs for the sake of quality.

...not that you shouldn't watch them. They're still awesome even if an annoying black bar travels up the screen all the time.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 30, 2013 at 08:52:43 PM.
Old May 27, 2010, 07:51:37 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
[B][COLOR="Red"]TAKE THE ADVICE HIGHLIGHTED IN RED, SERIOUSLY. My Prime LPs are recorded in terrible quality. Once I get a capture card, a mic, and a better computer to use them with, I'm redoing those LPs for the sake of quality.

...not that you shouldn't watch them. They're still awesome even if an annoying black bar travels up the screen all the time.
1) Hey, were kewl gaiz.
2) Black Bar Of Death? That's a death note in my eyes. Sorry.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 30, 2013 at 08:53:00 PM.
Old May 28, 2010, 07:47:38 AM
Giratina

My laptop's camera is great for recording straight off of a DS.
Quote:
They're still awesome even if an annoying black bar travels up the screen all the time.
Times have changed. No longer is there a black bar travelling up the screen. Even on old consoles, an HD TV doesn't flicker, even if you have no HD wires connected... Or, at least mine doesn't.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 30, 2013 at 08:53:13 PM.