Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 2, 2010, 07:03:54 AM
Charizard

Default Jen's Travels

Chapter 1: I still can’t believe dad sent two of his best friends with me Jen said.
Well, we really wanted to travel again, and Chris knew we couldn’t with his matches, so he sent us with you to travel again Leafeon said.
Where are we going anyway? Glaceon asked.
To Viridian city Jen answered.
Good place to start Charmander said. They continued walking to Viridian when a young male trainer popped out of nowhere.
“Hey you!” He yelled.
“Me?” Jen asked.
“Yes you! Who else would I be talking to? You’re a rookie trainer, aren’t you?” He said.
“Yes, but-”
“No buts! I challenge you to a battle right here, right now!” He said. The trainer took out a pokeball and opened it to reveal a Touros.
“Let me say something. I can’t battle now, because-”
“Stop stalling! Let out your pokemon and battle already!” The boy said.
“I HAVEN’T HAD ANY PRACTICE WITH MY POKEMON, SO I CAN’T BATTLE YOU YET!” Jen yelled.
“I know. I always fight rookie trainers, so I can’t lose. Smart, huh?”
“No, you’re just a bully!” Jen exclaimed.
“Do I have to make you fight, or are you going to battle willingly?” The trainer asked.
I hate scum like him. If he wants to fight so badly, I’d be more than happy to grant his wish Leafeon said.
But that would be cheating. You aren’t my pokemon, and you’re the champions’ pokemon, so you two are too powerful for it to be fair Jen said.
He came out of nowhere and challenged a rookie trainer just so he could get another win. He isn’t exactly fighting fair either Glaceon said.
I don’t want to stoop to his level. Lets just ignore him and leave Jen said. She walked by the trainer without a word and left him behind her.
“Torous, Take down!” The pokemon came charging at Jen, only to be blown back by an Ice beam.
“What kind of coward are you?!?” Jen screamed.
Now can I hurt him? Leafeon asked.
Have your fun Jen said. Leafeon hurled herself at the Torous, and knocked it out with Razor leaf. Glaceon ran at the trainer and knocked the wind out of him with Iron tail. The trainer collapsed on the ground, gasping for air.
“Maybe next time, you’ll listen. I am Jen, daughter of the champion. This is his Leafeon, as well as Glaceon, so next time, play fair, or else this could happen again.” Jen lectured. The trainer murmured something, and got to his knees, only to collapse again.
Should we help him? Jen asked.
Nah, just let this pain be a reminder to him not to pick on rookie trainers Glaceon said. They continued to walk to Viridian city, leaving the trainer gasping for breath on the ground.
Hey, I just remembered I need to look up Charmanders’ moves Jen said. She puled out her pokedex, and held her pokeball up to it to be scanned. The pokedex read off Charmanders’ moves, which Jen thought was impressive.
Cool. He can use Ember, Shadow claw, Fire fang, and Dragon rage. This will be useful in future battles Jen said. It was then she heard a rustling in the bushes nearby.
What was that? Jen asked. Out of the bushes came a wild Pidgey, flying in circles around Jens’ head.
Energetic, huh? Jen commented. Thinking this was going to be her first pokemon caught, she sent out Charmander.
Aim for the Pidgey and use Ember Jen said. Charmander looked up at the bird pokemon and shot out the attack, knocking the Pidgey out of the air.
Nice shot Jen said victoriously. Just as she was about to pull out a pokeball, the Pidgey flew back up and hurled itself quickly at Charmander. In mid air, the Pidgey burst into flames, then the fire turned into electricity. The attack struck Charmander hard, and nearly caused him to pass out.
What the heck was that?!? Jen asked.
That was Brave bird, a very powerful Flying type move, though it has a draw back. The user gets recoil damage Leafeon explained. The Pidgey panted heavily, and fell to the ground in exhaustion. Immediately, Jen threw a pokeball at it, and the pokemon disappeared inside the ball. The ball shook three times, then stopped, meaning Jen caught her first ever pokemon.
“YES!!! I caught a pokemon!” Jen cheered. She walked over to the pokeball and held it up to the pokedex to be scanned.
Dang! It knows Aerial ace, Brave bird, Twister, and Sky attack. Strong Pidgey, huh? Jen said, surprised.
Very Leafeon said.
I can’t believe I caught a pokemon! And such a strong one too Jen said.
“Um, excuse me.” Jen jumped slightly and turned around to see who had spoke. She turned to see a young girl, around her age, looking worried.
“Hi, have you seen a Pidgey come by here? It can use Brave bird, so it will stand out from normal Pidgey.” She said.
“As a matter of fact, I have just caught that Pidgey.” Jen said.
“I hate to say this, but you have to give it back. It hatched from an egg another trainer left, but flew away the second it hatched.” She said.
“………darn. I thought I would keep this one and be friends with it, but I can’t keep something that doesn’t belong to me.” Jen said. She walked over to hand her the pokeball when Leafeon shot a Razor leaf at the girls’ hand.
What was that about?!? Jen chastised.
She’s lying Leafeon said.
What? How can you tell? Jen asked.
She doesn’t have a certain truth ring in her voice Leafeon answered.
“On second thought, I think I’ll keep the pokemon I caught fair and square, instead of trying to get a strong one by lying to other trainers!” Jen said.
“So, you caught onto me. Tell you what, we’ll battle for that Pidgey.” She challenged.
“Why should I battle for a pokemon I already caught?” Jen said angrily.
“Because, I have been after that Pidgey for longer than you can imagine, so I should have it!” She said.
“Fine, whatever! Go Charmander!” Jen said. Charmander came out of the ball looking eager for battle.
“Go Squirtle!” The girl said. Out came the turtle pokemon, looking smug and confident.
Water type, of course. Shadow claw! Jen said. Shadow claw slashed the Squirtle in the face, making it hide inside its’ shell.
“Water gun!” The girl said. A blast of water shot out of the shell, nearly hitting Charmander. An idea came to him, so he picked up Squitles’ shell, and sent a Dragon rage inside the shell.
That had to hurt Jen thought. After the attack, Squirtle stuck its’ head out, revealing it was fainted.
“No! I can’t believe I lost!” She yelled.
“I win, which means I get to keep Pidgey, and you have to leave me alone.” Jen said. Without even waiting for a response, Jen turned around and left.
Its getting late. Better set up camp and get supper Jen said. After setting up the tent, Jen let out Pidgey, and bonded her soul with his.
You were a lot of trouble, you know? Jen said.
Maybe he said back. Jen opened her red backpack and got out cans of pokemon food.
Okay, this one is for grass types, so Leafeon gets this. Here is Glaceon, Charmander, and finally Pidgey Jen thought. After everyone ate their supper, Jen set out some mats for the pokemon to sleep on.

The next mourning, Jen exited the tent, and saw that Viridian city was just a few miles away.
We can get breakfast at the pokemon center. What do you guys say? Jen asked.
Sounds good Leafeon answered, stretching. Once done packing up, Jen headed to Viridian city. It was around an two hours later when she reached the city. Immediately, she headed for the pokemon center. Once there, she got food for herself and for the pokemon, and sat down to enjoy her breakfast, as well as watch TV.
“Up next, we will see another of the champions’ title matches. Will he win, or will his time finally be up as champion? Stay tuned.” The announcer said.
“Hey, who knows? He might lose this one.” One of the trainers said.
“No way! He is a legend.” Another said.
“He doesn’t have his Leafeon or Glaceon with him.” Another said.
“Wonder why.”
“Change the channel! Your stupid battle will be on later, but the contest is on now!” Said a female trainer. The channel changed to show a stadium, with two coordinators in it. One had an Absol, and the other had a Blastiose.
“Hey, I know that guy. That’s Alex!” Jen said.
“Blastiose, Hydro cannon!” Alex said. Blastiose fired a powerful blast of water out of its’ cannons, shimmering beautifully, headed towards Absol. The attack landed and knocked out Absol, leaving Alex the winner.
“Well, you got to see your stupid contest, now back to the battle.” Said a trainer. The channel changed once more to the battle, only to reveal it was over.
“Once again, Chris wins in record time!” The announcer said.
“You made us miss it!” Said a female trainer. She was about the same height and age as Jen, had short black hair, and six pokeballs around her waist.
“It was worth it Keisha. I got to see the greatest coordinator ever!”
“At the price of missing the greatest champion ever!” Keisha argued.
“You sure are a fan of my dad, huh?” Jen asked.
“Chris is your dad!?!” Keisha asked, stunned.
“Yeah. I want to be as great as him someday, or at least close.” Jen responded.
“You must know a lot about his battle style! Please, can I come with you on your journey?” Keisha asked.
“Wow! I-uh, don’t know what to say. Sure, some company would be great.” Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:04:25 AM
Charizard

Chapter 2: After introductions, Jen and her new friend Keisha finished their breakfast and gathered up their pokemon and left the pokemon center.
“So, where are we headed next?” Kiesha asked.
“Viridian forest. It’s the only way to get to Pewter city, where my very first gym battle will be held.” Jen answered.
“You don’t have any badges? Don’t feel bad, because I don’t have any either.” Keisha said.
“Well, who goes first?” Jen asked.
“There is only one fair way to decide. Rock-paper-scissors.” Kiesha said.
“Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!” they both said. Jen got rock, and Kiesha got paper.
“Dang it!” Jen said.
“I win! So I get to go first.” Kiesha said. They exited the town, and traveled to the entrance of Viridian forest.
“Big trees, huh?” Kiesha asked.
“It is a forest after all.” Jen responded. The group entered the forest, automatically hearing a faint buzzing sound.
Careful! There are Beedrill in the trees up ahead Leafeon said. Jen transferred the message to Kiesha.
“Listen! I think I hear something. It sounds like wings flapping.” Kiesha said. Coming into view was a Butterfree, heading straight towards them.
“This one is mine! You’re up Eevee!” Kiesha said. Out of her pokeball came an Eevee, which immediately charged at the Butterfree with a Tackle attack.
“Wait! Don’t attack until I say so!” Kiesha said. The Butterfree saw the attack, and dodged it by flying up. It then sprayed Eevee with Sleep powder, putting the energetic pokemon to sleep.
“My turn! It’s your time to shine Pidgey!” Jen said. Pidgey popped out of the ball, and looked at the Butterfree in the air.
Try Aerial ace Jen said. Pidgey shot at the Butterfree like a bullet, hitting his target perfectly. The Butterfree fell to the ground, a perfect opportunity to catch it was open.
“Kiesha, now is your chance!” Jen said. Kiesha threw a pokeball at it, and after it shook three times, Butterfree was caught.
“Thanks Jen. I owe you one.” Kiesha said.
“Yes, you do.” Jen said. Kiesha laughed, and so did Jen. They realized they should have been quiet when a swarm of Beedrill came out of the trees, buzzing angrily and flying toward them.
Ice beam! Jen thought quickly. Glaceon immediately fired an Ice beam at all the Beedrill, freezing them in mid air.
Thank you so much! Jen said, relieved.
Now you owe me one Glaceon said.
Yes, I do Jen said.
“Do you think we should catch one of them?” Kiesha asked.
“Nah, lets just let them thaw, and use the time to get as far away from them as possible.” Jen said. They hurried past the frozen Beedrill, going deeper into the forest.
“So, what pokemon do you have?” Jen asked.
“Well, you saw Eevee, and you already know about Butterfree, so that’s it.” Kiesha asked.
“I just have Charmander and Pidgey.” Jen said.
“What about these two?” Kiesha asked, indicating Leafeon and Glaceon.
“These are my dads pokemon. They just wanted to travel again, so dad let them come with me.” Jen answered.
“NO WAY! These are the real deal Leafeon and Glaceon of the champions’?!?” Kiesha screamed.
“Yes, but don’t make a big deal.” Jen said.
Too late Leafeon said. Kiesha was running circles around Leafeon and Glaceon, admiring every inch of their bodies.
“KIESHA! CALM DOWN!” Jen yelled. That seemed to snap her out of it, and she walked over to Jen.
“Sorry, I’ve just always wanted to meet the champions’ pokemon, so when I heard you say these two belonged to the champion, I just lost my head.” Kiesha said.
“Let’s just get moving, shall we?” Jen said. Though slightly embarrassed, Kiesha nodded. The group proceeded further into the forest, until a flash of light in the distance caught their attention.
“What was that?” Kiesha asked.
“Lets go find out.” Jen stated. They walked over to the spot to find a bug catcher holding a shard of a broken mirror.
“What are you doing?” Jen asked.
“If you must know, I am using this mirror to attract a shiny Heracross.” He said.
“There’s a Heracross in this forest? How is that possible?” Jen asked.
“Don’t know, don’t care.” He responded.
“Wait, Heracross are attracted to honey, aren’t they? So why are you using a mirror?” Kiesha asked.
“I happen to be an expert bug catcher, so I think I know what I’m doing here.” He said arrogantly. Jen put on a smug look, and walked over to a tree. She pulled out a knife, cut the tree bark until the sap was revealed, and walked over to a nearby bush to wait. Within seconds, a white Heracross flew down and licked the sap off the tree.
“You were saying?” Jen said.
That has to hurt Leafeon commented.
“I was saying that I’m going to catch that Heracross!” He shouted.
“Hold on! I got the Heracross to appear, so I should be the one who gets first crack at it.” Jen said.
“I told you, I am an expert bug catcher, therefore, I am the only one here qualified to catch that pokemon!” He said.
“This from the guy who tried to make a sap lover appear with a mirror.” Jen stated. Without waiting for a retort, Jen turned to face the Heracross, still licking the tree, and sent out Pidgey.
Quick, Aerial ace! Jen said. Pidgey flew up high in the air, and shot straight down at the Heracross. Aerial ace hit dead center, and left it on its’ back. Taking the chance, Jen threw a pokeball at it, successfully catching it.
“It would appear that I was qualified to catch it as well.” Jen said.
“No way! I will not stand for this! I demand a battle for Heracross.” The bug catcher said.
“No.” Jen said.
“No?!? Why not?”
“Because I caught this pokemon fair and square, and there is no reason to battle for it.” Jen said.
“Yes there is! We shall determine who here is the better trainer. Go, Pinsir!” A Pinsir popped out of its’ ball, snapping its’ powerful horns.
“Why do I always get into these kinds of things? It’s your time to shine, Charmander!” Jen said.
“Hah! You may have the type advantage, but that is all you have. Pinsir, Vicegrip!” Pinsir charged at Charmander, snapping its’ horns quickly, and was bit on its’ side with teeth of fire.
Nice Fire fang. Now, Ember! Jen said. Charmander tossed the Pinsir aside and launched his fire attack at it, following up with a Dragon rage. The attacks were just too much for the Pinsir it seemed, as it fainted after Dragon rage.
“No! How could I lose?” the bug catcher raved.
Nice job Charmander Jen said.
It was easy He replied.
“Way to go Jen! I had complete confidence in you.” Keshia said.
“Lets get moving. I want to get to Pewter city by the end of the day.” Jen said. While the group was walking, Jen checked Heracross’ moves.
Hmm. Brick break, Cross chop, Submission and Mega horn. His moves will be helpful against Rock types Jen thought. It was nearly dusk when the group exited Viridian forest, and Pewter city came into view.
“There it is. Lets go to the pokemon center, then we can head to the gym tomorrow.” Jen said. Half an hour later they found the pokemon center and went to bed.

The next morning, Jen and Keshia got their pokemon healed and were just enjoying breakfast with them and watching TV when they were approached by another trainer.
“Excuse me, but do either of you two have a Butterfree?” He asked.
“I do, why?” Keshia asked.
“I’m looking for one. Will you trade for my Pikachu?” he asked.
“A Pikachu? I’d love to!” she said. The two of them went off to go trade, which left Jen alone with her pokemon. Jen realized she hadn’t bonded her soul with Heracross, so she took this opportunity to do so.
How is it that a Johto pokemon was found in Kanto? Jen asked.
I flew here for the sap Heracross said.
Why am I not surprised? Glaceon commented.
“Jen! I got a Pikachu! Look!” Keshia said. She let out Pikachu, though it didn’t look too enthusiastic about the trade.
“He doesn’t seem too happy.” Jen said.
“How can you tell if it is a boy or a girl?” Keshia asked.
“You can tell by the tail. Females have tails that are dented. Males have straight tails.” Jen explained. Keshia picked up her new Pikachu, and was immediately shocked with a Thunderbolt.
Leafeon, can you talk to him? Ask him what his problem is Jen said. Leafeon nodded and walked over to Pikachu. He snapped out of his bad attitude as soon as Leafeon approached him, a slight blush on his face. Leafeon began asking him questions, though he didn’t seem to hear her. Annoyed, Leafeon shot one leaf at him, getting his full attention, and began asking her questions again, getting answers this time.
So, what did he say? Jen asked.
He says that he could tell by just looking at her that he wasn’t going to like Keshia very much. I told him to give her a chance, and then he said that he would only do it for me. I don’t know why Leafeon said.
Thanks for talking to him Jen said.
“Keshia, Pikachu will give you a chance, but ease up, okay?” Jen said.
“Okay. I wonder what he can use. Wow! He can use Thunderbolt, Iron tail, Agility and Charge beam. He will be a great asset to my team.” Keshia said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:04:57 AM
Charizard

Chapter 3: “Well, it’s now or never, and I choose now.” Keshia said.
“You can do it Keshia, I know it.” Jen said. Keshia and Jen stood at the entrance of the Pewter city gym, both nervous of their first gym battle. They both walked in and saw a man sitting on a boulder, meditating.
“Are you Brock?” Keshia asked.
“Yes, I am. Are you my newest challengers?” the man named Brock asked.
“I am Keshia, and I challenge you!” she said with a shaky voice.
“Okay then, let us begin the match. Onix, go!” he said. The humungous Onix came out roaring, staring at Keshia, patiently waiting her next move.
“You’re up, Eevee!” Keshia said. Eevee popped out of the ball and, upon seeing Onix, charged at it with an Iron tail.
“Will you calm down enough to listen?” Keshia shouted. Iron tail landed perfectly, though Onix retaliated with a smack of its’ tail, sending Eevee flying into the wall.
“Eevee, are you alright?” Keshia asked. Eevee got back on its’ feet, though with a pained look on its face.
“This time, listen to me! Use Dig!” Eevee dug underground and quickly smacked Onix. Without missing a beat, Eevee used Iron tail, finishing off Onix.
“Way to go Eevee!” Keshia said, running to pick up Eevee.
“You did great, so rest in your pokeball.” Keshia said.
“Onix, return.” Brock said.
“You promised to give me a chance, so I won’t let you down. You’re up, Pikachu.” Keshia said. Pikachu came out of the ball, taking in his surroundings. His eyes stopped moving when he saw Leafeon, and he waved at her.
“Golem, go!” Brock said. When Golem popped out of its’ ball, it landed with a thud powerful enough to temporarily shake the ground.
“Don’t get scared. Use your Agility!” Keshia said. Pikachu ran at such speed that neither Golem nor Brock, nor anyone could follow.
“Iron tail!” Keshia said. Pikachu stopped right behind Golem, and delivered a smack to its’ back, causing it to fall face forward. Golem flailed its’ arms in a vain attempt to get up, making Pikachu look at it with disbelief.
It couldn’t be that easy, could it? Glaceon wondered.
“Golem return!” Brock said. Golem returned into its’ pokeball, leaving only an embarrassed Brock to face.
“I can’t believe you found out Golems’ weakness so quickly. You deserve this Boulder badge.” Brock said. He handed a badge to Keshia, who was still shocked that she won. When she came out of it, she took the badge and jumped for joy.
“I won! I won! I won!” Keshia repeated.
“Brock, I also want to challenge you. When will you be able to battle?” Jen asked.
“Come by tomorrow after 2, and I should be able to battle you.” Brock said.
“I can’t wait.” Jen said. She and Keshia walked out of the gym, Keshia still celebrating her win.
“Guess we head to the pokemon center and wait ‘till tomorrow, huh?” Jen asked.
“Guess so.” Keshia said.

The next day, Jen was looking at the clock, waiting impatiently for it to be two o’clock.
Staring at it won’t help Charmander said.
I know, I just can’t think about anything else Jen said. When the clock finally said two, Jen rushed out of the center and ran to the gym.
“Brock, I am Jen, and I challenge you!” Jen exclaimed upon entering the door.
“I accept your challenge. Sudowoodo, go!” Brock said.
“Is that a tree?” Jen asked.
“No, it’s my Sudowoodo. Now choose your pokemon.” Brock said.
“It’s your time to shine, Heracross!” Jen said. When Heracross came out, he mistook the Sudowoodo for an actual tree, and unleashed a series of Brick breaks on it in an attempt to get the sap.
I’m confused. Should I tell him the truth or let him continue? Jen wondered.
I say let him continue. He’ll figure it out when Sudowoodo faints and is returned in its’ ball Leafeon said. After many attacks, Sudowoodo fainted, and was indeed recalled.
What just happened? Heracross wondered.
That tree was a Sudowoodo Jen answered.
“I can’t seem to win lately. Ludicolo, help me out here!” Brock said. When it came out, it immediately started dancing and singing.
That’s a plant! Heracross thought. He immediately flew at it, only to be struck backwards by Water gun, followed by Fire punch, and Bullet seed. Heracross was fainted after that barrage of attacks.
Tough plant Heracross managed to say before he was recalled.
“It’s your time to shine, Pidgey!” Jen said.
I can take out this dancing fool easily he thought. An Aerial ace was launched, nailing the dancing pokemon in its’ chest. Ludicolo was down for ten seconds, and showed no sign of getting up soon.
I told you I could win Pidgey said. Just then, Pidgey started glowing with a brilliant bright light. After a few seconds, the light faded to reveal a Pidgeotto.
Well, this is a bonus he said, taking in his powerful new body.
“No luck for me. Here, you’ve earned this badge.” Brock said.
“I won! Plus Pidge evolved into Pidgeotto!” Jen cheered. They all exited the gym, Pidgeotto flying high, trying out his evolved form.
“This has been a good day.” Jen said. They decided to spend the rest of the day in the pokemon center, then head out tomorrow.

The next morning, while the group was having breakfast, several screams were suddenly heard outside. After nearly choking in surprise, Jen and the others ran outside to see what the problem was. When they got outside, they saw a large group of Mankey and Primape attacking both buildings and people.
“This won’t do at all. Its’ your time to shine Pidgeotto” Jen said. Pidgeotto flew at them, taking out several with one Brave bird, and with a Thunderbolt assist from Pikachu, the Mankey and Primape were quickly taken care of. Soon, many of the group had fled to the forest, leaving only one Mankey left.
“This should be over quick. Charmander, Dragon rage!” Jen shouted. Charmander launched the devastating attack, only to have it bounced back at him with Karate chop. Charmander quickly got out of the way, nearly avoiding his own attack.
“My turn! Pikachu, use your Thuderbolt!” Keshia said. Thunderbolt struck the Mankey hard, fainting it.
“Go, pokeball!” Keshia shouted. Her pokeball hit the Mankey on its’ forehead, then captured it.
“I got a new friend! Yay for me.” She said.
“Well, after that, I think we should get going, huh?” Jen asked.
“Sure, lets go.” Keshia said. The group traveled out of Pewter city, their sights set on the next gym in Cerulean city.
“What do you know about Cerulean city?” Keshia asked.
“I know that water types are used, but that’s it, I have no idea who the gym leader is, or anything.” Jen said.
“Well then, Pikachu is going to be really useful in my next challenge. I can’t wait to beat up those puny water pokemon.” Keshia said.
“Hold on, it’s my turn next. You got to go first last time, now I get to.” Jen said.
“Okay, okay. You get to beat those pokemon up first.” Keshia said sadly.
“I wonder who I will use though. I guess I’ll just have to use Pidgeotto and Heracross again. Poor Charmander, but I can’t use a fire type against a water type and expect him to win, can I?” Jen said.
What you need is to catch a grass or electric type Leafeon said.
I know, but where am I going to find one of those? It’s not like an electric type is going to just pop out from behind that bush Jen said. From behind the bushes, a red Shinx appeared, and ran at Jen.
Razor leaf! Jen thought quickly. Razor leaf pelted the shiny pokemon hard, causing it to faint. Jen took the chance to throw her pokeball at it, and successfully caught it.
Now think that a million dollars won’t appear out from behind the bushes Leafeon said.
Ha ha, very funny. That was just a major fluke, that’s all Jen said.
Biggest fluke I ever saw Glaceon said.
“It’s your time to shine, Shinx!” Jen said. Shinx popped out of the ball,and Jen bonded her soul with hers’.
How on Earth is it possible that a Sinnoh pokemon is caught by me in Kanto? Jen asked.
I came here of my own free will. I wanted to explore new places, so I snuck on a boat headed here, and here I am she explained.
Well, if you stick with me, you will absolutely be able to see new places. So, what do you say? Jen asked.
If you put it that way, then I’d love to travel with you Shinx said.
“Well, well. Seems my family is really growing, huh?” Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:05:29 AM
Charizard

Chapter 4: “I heard that you can get a paras in Mt. moon. It would be great to have one, huh?” Keshia said. They were in the pokemon center just outside of Mt. moon, the only way to Cerulean city, and were just resting their feet, preparing to take a hike.
“I think I can get by with my new Shinx.” Jen said.
“Okay, your Shinx can use Spark, Protect, Iron tail and Thunder fang, but that alone will not get you by the gym leader.” Keshia said.
“True, but I heard a rumor while you were asleep. A couple of trainers were talking about a Bulbasour in the cave as well, and that is what I am going after.” Jen said.
“Wow! A Bulbasour? I have to catch it!” Keshia said.
“No way. My mom has a Venusour, and if I want to be as strong as my parents, I have a gut feeling Bulbasour will be just my pokemon.” Jen said.
“Fine, then I guess I’ll go after Paras.” Keshia said.
“Then lets head out.” Jen said. They packed up their stuff, recalled their pokemon, and left the pokemon center, heading for Mt. moon.
“It is really dark in here.” Keshia said.
“Glad I always keep a flashlight and batteries handy.” Jen said.
“What would I do without you Jen?” Keshia asked.
“Wonder in the dark caves for a very long time, possibly never getting out to see sunlight again.” Jen answered.
“Yeah, pretty much.” Keshia said. Jen got out her flashlight and turned it on. As soon as the beam of light shot out from it, a swarm of Zubat flew at them, causing Jen and Keshia to scream and duck. When the Zubat finally left, they cautiously traveled further into the cave, on the look out for any Paras, or Bulbasour. A flash of movement catches their eyes, and immediately Jen shines her flashlight on it. The thing that moved was revealed to be a very filthy Bulbasour, looking very tired and scared.
“There it is! Catch it Jen!” Keshia said.
“Wait, look at it. The poor thing doesn’t seem able to stand on its’ own feet, let alone battle.” Jen said. When Jen tried to approach it, Bulbasour used Vine whip as a warning not to come closer.
Leafeon, if you wouldn’t mind Jen said. Leafeon nodded and walked over to Bulbasour. It didn’t attack, but was cautious and posed to strike. Leafeon talked to it and tried to calm it down, when finally Bulbasour nodded and relaxed. Jen threw her pokeball at it, catching it easily.
Thank you Leafeon Jen said.
No problem. The poor thing was lost and had no where at all to go Leafeon explained.
“Okay, now that you got your Bulbasour, it is time to look for my new Paras!” Keshia said. They traveled deeper into the cave, looking everywhere they heard movement, though to no avail. Finally, when the exit to Cerulean city was in sight, Keshia look very irritated.
“We have been walking around this place for who knows how long, searching every inch of this place, and still no Paras to be seen. That is not fair.” Keshai said angrily. When they were about to exit the cave, a Bullet seed was launched from nowhere at them. Luckily it missed, and Jen shown her flashlight on a Paras, getting ready to fire again.
“You’re up, Mankey!” Keshia said. Mankey appeared just in time to get hit by Paras’ Bullet seed, which was a grave mistake. Mankey used its’ Low kick, followed up with Karate chop, along with Seismic toss, finishing the now fainted Paras off with Mega punch.
“Mankey, don’t kill it! Go, pokeball!” Keshia said quickly. The Paras was so exhausted by that onslaught of attacks that it didn’t have the energy to break out of the ball.
“Now we can go to Cerulean city.” Keshia said after returning her Mankey.
“Sure, just one thing. Remind me to NEVER get on Mankeys’ bad side.” Jen said. The group left the cave, receiving a blast of refreshing air, and a sight of Cerulean city. It was a few hours before they reached Cerulean city, and by then it was too late at night to challenge the gym.
“We’ll go to the pokemon center tonight, then head to the gym tomorrow.” Jen said.

The next morning, Jen gave Bulbasour to Nurse Joy to take care of, and received some bad news.
“This Bulbasour isn’t in good health. It will need to stay here at the center for at least three days.” She said.
“Too bad, I had really had my heart set on using him in my gym battle.” Jen said.
“Tough break Jen. Maybe I can fight today and you can battle when Bulbasour is healthy again.” Keshia said.
“No. I will still battle today, just with Pidgeotto and Shinx, instead of Bulbasour.” Jen said. They left for the gym soon after and were amazed by it.
“Is it a gym or a tourist attraction?” Keshia asked.
“I’d say it is an aquarium by the looks of it.” Jen said.
“Where in this crazy place is the gym leader?” Keshia asked.
“Looking for me?” a woman asked from behind. They all turned around to face a tall woman in her upper twenties facing them.
“My name is Misty. Am I right that you two want to challenge me?” she asked.
“I do. My name is Jen, and I wish to challenge you for the Cerulean city badge.” Jen said.
“And I will challenge you too.” Keshia said.
“Well, since you both want to fight me, how about you two team up in a double battle?” Misty asked.
“We’ve never been in a double battle before, but sure, you’re on!” Jen said. They followed Misty to the gym arena, which was a giant pool with a few platforms floating on the top.
“My pokemon will be Gyarados and Starmie.” Misty said. After she said their names, they came up from the surface of the pool, Starmie landing on the platform.
“Keshia, lets give this our all. It’s your time to shine, Shinx!” Jen said.
“You’re the star now, Pikachu!” Keshia said.
“You’re the star now?” Jen asked.
“Well, you say It’s your time to shine, so I was working on a new phrase to say, and that’s what I came up with. Like it?” Keshia asked.
“Actually, yes.” Jen said.
“Are you two done talking, because I am starting this battle, ready or not. Gyarados, Flamethrower! Starmie, Psychic!” Misty shouted.
“Shinx, Protect!” Jen said instinctively. Shinx jumped infront of Pikachu and Protect shielded them both.
“Thunderbolt!” Keshia said.
“Starmie, counter with your Thunder!” Misty said. The two electric attacks collided in mid air, fading at the same time.
“Gyarados, Dragon breath!” Misty said.
“Shinx, Protect!” Jen said. Shinxs’ Protect shielded them both from the attack again, though Shinx was starting to look tired after that.
“Pikachu, use Thunderbolt on the water!” Keshia said. After a look of confusion, Pikachu zapped the water, in turn electrifying Gyarados and Starmie.
“Brilliant idea! Shinx, Thunder fang on Starmie!” Jen said. Shinx lunged forward and chomped down hard on Starmie, fainting it.
“Thunderbolt Gyarados!” Keshia said. Pikachu zapped the water pokemon hard and caused it to collapse in the water.
“I guess I lose. Here, you two are great trainers and deserve the Cascade badge.” Misty said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:06:07 AM
Charizard

Chapter 5: "You know, we should do this more often." Keshia said.
"Do what?" Jen asked.
"Team up in gym battles. We made a perfect team against Misty, and who knows what else we can accomplish." Keshia said.
"Sounds good to me, so long as you don't go mad with power." Jen joked. They entered the pokemon center and plopped themselves down on a chair.
"I wonder how Bulbasour is doing?" Jen said.
"See for yourself." Jen turned and saw Nurse Joy with her Bulbasour in her arms, looking happy, healthy, and most of all, clean. Bulbasour jumped out of her arms and into Jens'.
"Glad to see you're okay." Jen said. After bonding her soul to Bulbasours', Jen returned him and left the center with Keshia.
"You aren't thinking of leaving this town immediately, are you?" Keshia asked.
"Yes, why?" Jen asked.
"Have you looked at our supplies? They are almost all gone. We need to go shopping before we leave." Keshia said.
"Oh, right. Well, okay, but only the things we need." Jen said.
Keep an eye on her Jen. She has a certain look on her face that suggests she has other things in mind Leafeon said.
Believe me, I know Jen replied.
"Jen, you coming?" Keshia yelled.

"You are so mean." Keshia pouted.
"I said just the neccesities, not a mountain of playing cards." Jen replied.
"Well, I get bored sometimes, so I wanted something to do." Keshia said.
"Well, look around and try to find pokemon when you're bored. There, problem solved." Jen said, clearly annoyed.
"You have a one track mind, you know that? Do you ever relax? Ever take a break from pokemon?" Keshia asked.
"I haven't been a trainer for long, so I want to be focused." Jen replied.
"Whatever, just know this: It isn't illegal to take a break." Keshia said.
"Wait, did you hear that?" Jen asked. Listening hard, they both heard rustling near a river.
"Shall we check it out?" Jen asked.
"Yeah, sure, why not." Keshia said. They came to the river to see a Seel and a Natu battling each other, with no one else in sight.
"I think we should stop them, before they kill each other." Jen said.
"I call the Natu!" Keshia said. She threw a pokeball at the Natu, capturing it out of surprise. Jen caught the Seel and let her out immediately to bond her soul.
Now, why were you and that Natu fighting? Jen asked.
It stole my food that I was collecting, then ate it and laughed at me! Seel said.
Well, don't worry. Keshia will raise that Natu to behave better....hopefully. But as for you, do you want to come along with me? Jen asked.
Keep that Natu under control, and I'll gladly come with you. Seel said.
"Hey Keshia, that Natu of yours will have to be trained to behave itself." Jen said. She returned Seel and left with Keshia towards Vermillion city.
"Hey Jen, do you know what gym leader is at Vermillion?" Keshia asked.
"No clue. I was hoping you knew." Jen confessed.
You two might be clueless, but not us. I remember it well. Lt. Surge, gym leader of Vermillion city uses electric types. Glaceon said. Jen repeated what Glaceon said to Keshia.
"Should be a shocking experience, huh Jen?" Keshia said.
"Not funny Keshia, not funny." Jen replied.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:06:37 AM
Charizard

Chapter 6: "How on Earth did we ever get so lucky?" Keshia asked.
"Pray tell, what do you mean?" Jen asked.
"We've practically just started our journey, and you have a full team of six, and I have five pokemon." Keshia replied.
"When you put it that way, I guess we have been lucky, haven't we?" Jen said.
Uh-oh. You never aknowledge luck, or you'll jinx yourself Leafeon said.
"I find that only believing in good luck is a much better way to live." Jen said.
"What did she say?" Keshia asked.
"Leafeon is worried we'll be cursed with bad luck." Jen said.
"Well, just in case, we shouldn't rely on luck in the future. Just in case." Keshia said.
"Not you too. I only believe I can can get good luck, or no luck. I don't believe in bad luck." Jen said.
"Well, I do. Exhibit A: It is about to rain, and there isn't a pokemon center in sight." Keshia said.
"No center, no problem. My dad used to tell me about all the times he was in a predicament like this. He used to find a big tree, cut off long branches, and form a small hut." Jen said.
"Wow, that is smart." Keshia said. They set to work finding a tree with good enough branch length, and , once finding it, Leafeon cut off multiple branches at once, which wasn't very smart.
"Leafeon, are you okay?" Jen asked. Leafeon was under the tree when the branches fell, so I trust you can fill in the blank? The branches moved, and rolled off her, revealing Leafeon had used Protect just in time.
"Sometimes I forget how good you guys are." Jen said.
You would do well not to underestimate us. We were trained by the best, after all. Glaceon said. After gathering up the branches, the four of them worked quickly to build the hut. They finished just in time, as it had already started to sprinkle. Once in the hut, Jen asked "Hey Keshia, why did you want to become a trainer?"
"You might expect me to say it was because of your dad, but infact it was because I had always loved pokemon. Its as simple as that. What about you?"
"I was around these guys my whole life, and after spending years with them, how could I not want to become a trainer?" Jen replied.
I wonder how my brothers are doing. Leafeon said.
Come to think of it, I am missing the others a lot myself. We'll have to call home at the next pokemon center, huh? Jen said. A few hours past, and the rain finally stopped. They hit the road again and just before dusk, found a nearby town, surrounded by the ocean.
"We can't be at Vermillion already, can we?" Keshia said.
"Let me check the book... yes, we are. Weird, but I'm not complaining for making good time, are you?" Jen said.
"Good point." Keshia said. The very first stop was to the center, where Jen and Keshia released all their pokemon for supper. Before they ate, Jen, Leafeon, and Glaceon headed straight for the visual phone.
"Mom! It's great to see you again." Jen said.
"Jen! You wouldn't believe how much I missed you. How are you doing?" Alena said.
"Great. And don't worry, I've been taking care of Leafeon and Glaceon as well."
"Your father told me those two ran off with you. I sure wish I had a chance to say good bye first."
"They say sorry about that." Jen said, relaying a message for Leafeon and Glaceon.
"It's okay. I suppose ou want to talk to your father, correct?"
"Yes please." Jen said.
"Well, you called at a very bad time. He just went off with Charizard for some quality flying time, and they usually don't come back from that for at least an hour." Alena said.
"Well, what about the other pokemon? Leafeon is missing her brothers like crazy." Jen said.
Don't say that! They'll tease me about it Leafeon said. Too late though, as Alena had relayed Jens' message to Umbreon and Jolteon. those two ran toward the phone faster than you could say hi.
"Mom, I think we should leave these guys to their talk, okay? I call in the mourning before I set off for my third gym badge, okay?" Jen said. After a good bye from Alena, Jen left Leafeon there to talk with Umbreon and Jolteon, and headed off for some food.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:07:09 AM
Charizard

Chapter 7: It was early in the mourning, and Jen was already wide awake.
"You are insane to be up at this hour, you know that right?" Keshia said.
"You're up as well, so wouldn't that make you just as crazy?" Jen retorted.
"Point taken. In my defense, however, you woke me up by closing the door a little too hard." Keshia said.
"Sorry, I just really miss my dad, and he gets up really early to train." Jen said.
"Oh, well, if your dad gets up early, maybe I should as well." Keshia said.
"You are such a fan girl, you know that, right?" Jen asked, chuckling.
"Perhaps." Keshia said, also laughing. With Leafeon and Glaceon on her heels, Jen headed straight to the phone.
"Mom, you usually don't get up at this hour." Jen said, surprised to find her mom on the line.
"Well, your father made a special request that I get up early today, knowing you would probably try to call at this hour. When I woke up this mourning, he was gone, as well as the other pokemon, only a note to be found." Alena said.
"Did it say where he went?" Jen asked.
"Yes, it did."
"Well? Where is he?" Jen asked.
"Why not turn around and find out?" Said a voice from behind. Jen started and spun around immediatly, to face a man of 33, wearing a blue denomn jacket, blue pants, black shirt, and a blue hat that had a single red and gold feather in the fold.
"Dad!" Jen shrieked, running to hug her father.
"Hey kiddo. How yah been?" Chris asked, once regaining his breath after being tackled.
"How did you get here so fast?" Jen asked.
"Charizard hasn't exactly gotten slower over the years." Chris responded. Before Jen could say anything else, a loud shriek, followed by an "Oh my god, its really you!" cut her off. Chris turned to find Keshia, looking ready to burst from excitement.
"Calm down Keshia." Jen said.
"Friend of yours?" Chris asked.
"Met her early on my journey, told her who I was, and stuck to me like glue, hoping to learn about you through me." Jen said.
Do we have to wait for her to be introduced before you realize we are here? Leafeon asked, impatience clearly stated.
"Sorry, I just thought you two would want to see the others first. They are all right outside at the docks." Chris said.
"Really? It has been too long since I last saw everyone. I can't wait to see them again." Jen said. Looking over, Keshia cast a begging look that sent a message clear as a bell.
"Hey, dad? Can my friend come along to?" Jen asked.
"As long as she doesn't shriek again, I see no problem." Chris replied. Keshia and Jen made a bee line for the docks, while Chris strolled along at his own pace, enjoying a chat with Leafeon and Glaceon. When Chris arrived, Jen was on Gyarados' head, laughing, and Keshia was running circles around Gallade.
Who's the crazy girl? Gallade asked.
Friend of Jens'. Chris replied simply.
"Dad, thanks for coming out to see me." Jen said.
"No problem. Everyone else was missing you like crazy as well, not to mention Leafeon and Glaceon, so I had to come out here when I found out where you were." Chris said.
"Dad, have you seen Charizard?" Jen asked.
"He went to fly above the water for a bit. He'll be back soon." Chris said. No sooner than he said it, Charizard came swooping down on them, grabbed Jen off of Gyarados, and put her on him.
"Show off! I swear, he never gets tired of doing stuff like that." Chris said.
Did you hear that Charizard? Daddy thinks you're a show off. Jen said.
He knows he is right, so there is really no point in argueing...though is it wrong to show off at times? Charizard asked.
Only if you do it constantly. Jen teased, laughing.
"Excuse me, Champion Chris? C-could I have your autograph? Keshia asked.
"Sorry, but I don't do autographs." Chris said.
"What about your pokemon?" Keshia asked.
"I've asked them before, and they are like me, sorry." Chris said.
"Well, could you tell me when your next match is?" Keshia asked, determined to get something out of this.
"As a matter of fact, we have a match coming up in 2 days." Chris said. It was nearly noon when Charizard finally came back with Jen, who was in a fit of giggles.
"Just like old times, eh Jen?" Chris said.
"Yeah, it was great flying with Charizard again. Thanks." Jen said.
"Now, I do belieeve it is time for lunch, eh?" Chris said. Once lunch was finished, Jen and Keshia headed straight for the gym, along with Chris and the others, who wanted to watch.
"Gym battles always make me nervous, especially now, since my dad is watching. This is my chance to show him what I'm made of. Lt. Surge, we challenge you to a battle!" Jen proclaimed inside the gym. Lt. surge stepped out, and answered "I hope you are ready for a most electrifying expirience, little girl."
"If it is okay with you, I want this to be a double battle, with my partner Keshia."
"Very well, it makes no difference to me. My choice shall be Raichu and Electabuzz!" said Surge. As he said their names, they popped out of their balls, and onto the field.
"It's your time to shine, Bulbasour!"
"You're the star now, Mankey!" Bulbasour and Mankey came onto the field, looking calm, coll, and collected.
"Bulbasour, Razor leaf!" Jen said. Razor leaf missed by inches as Raichu and Electabuzz dodged it by using dig.
"Mankey, Karate chop the ground!" Keshia said. The force of Karate chop had been sent through the ground, hit Raichu and Electabuzz, and forced them up into the air.
"Now quick! Vine whip!" Jen said. Wasting no time, Bulbasour wrapped them tight, and slammed them into the ground, fast. (ouch)
"Mankey, Brick break!" Keshia said. Not giving them any time to recover, Mankey lept towards them, Brick break at the ready, and pulverized them both in one shot.
"It can't be over already! I guess there is no doubt, you two have both earned this badge." Lt. Surge said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:07:39 AM
Charizard

Chapter 8: Still in the euphoria of winning her third gym badge in front of her dad, Jen was sitting in the pokemon center enjoying luch with her dad and his team, when a news report interrupted the program on tv.
"I'm reporter Ron from the new league that has just been announced certified by the pokemon league. I stand here with the set champion of the Isshu region (if I'm wrong please correct me), and have been granted an interview. Please tell our viewers about yourself and what challengers you think you will see."
"My name is Kie, and I would lie to take this oppertunity to talk to someone in particular. Champion Chris, I think it is time you step down, and let the new generation take his rightful place as grand champion." Kie said. At those words, everyone in the center froze in their spot, immediatly turning all their attention to the tv.
"To call out the champion is no small feat. Can you back up what your words say?" Ron asked.
"Please, it would be too easy to take down an old man like him." Kie said.
"You do realize that he is only 33 years old, right?"
"33 is too old to be a champion. If I recall, he is married and even has a kid, so what is he still doing in the stadium? If you ask me, his time is long gone." Kie said. Everyone in the center was looking from the champ to the tv and back, shocked by how calm he appeared.
"His pokemon were somewhat powerful when they younger, but they too are far past their prime. I know that he isn't one to just step down easily, stubborness must be growing with his age, and I invite him to my reagion for a title match, one I am sure he will lose." Kie said.
"To trash talk the champion on live tv is something not even the biggest fool would ever consider. Are you sure you can defeat him?" Ron asked.
"With my eyes closed. In two days, the match will be held in my stadium, at the heart of the Isshu reagion. Champion Chris, I'm calling you out." And with that, Kie strolled away, leaving the reporter speachless. When he finally found his voice, he said "There you have it folks. In two days, a match like we've never seen will take place at the heart of the Isshu reagion. Will Kie dethrown the grand champion, or will this end up as just another notch on the champions belt? Tune in, for this match will be televised around the world at 3 p.m. sharp. Don't miss the match of the century!" And with that, the tv returned to its orriginal program, but noone was watching it. All eyes were on the champ, who was still calm, as though the whole thing didn't happen.
"Kiddo, I've got to get moving, and I'd appreciate it if you would allow me to take Leafeon with me for awhile." Chris said.
"Sure dad. Kick his but for me, okay?" Jen said.
"I will, thanks. I'll meet you in celedon city in a week to get her back, okay?" Chris said.
Bye Leafeon, go beat him up for me, okay? Jen asked.
It will be my pleasure to take that guy down a notch...or twelve Leafeon said.

By the time Jen, Keshia, and Glaceon had gotten back to Cerulean city, it had been two days and was 2:55.
"We'd better hurry to the center! I don't want to miss this match for the world!" Keshia said.

Chris entered the stadium after being introduced, his pokemon close behind, to be greeted by many cheers from those who had travelled form other regions to see this match, and boos from those who were from this one.
"And now, entering from the right, our very own champion Kie!" bomed the announcer. Kie made a big show of entering the stadium, wearing a champs belt and robe, then flinging it into the audiance, where some avoided it and others fought over it.
What a generous, non egotistic man, wouldn't you say? Gallade said. The rules were read out by the ref, and the battle was underway.
"I choose you, Pidgeot!" Kie said. Charizard made to move forward, but Gallde tapped him on the shoulder, a determined expression on his face, and Charizard went to sit down.
"He must be slipping in his old age. He sends a fighting type against a flying type, how dumb can you be? Aerial ace!" Kie commanded. Pidgeot swooped down at break neck speed, and just as it was about to make contact, Gallade vanished, reappearing on Pidgeot's back, Leaf blade at the ready. Gallade slashed only once, which was more than enough to send Pidgeot back to earth, fainted.
"Pidgeot is unable to battle. Gallade wins."
Naturally Gallade says, with no small hint of pride.
Relaying a message from Charizard, Chris says "A flying type beaten by a grass move, used only once. How weak can you be?" That got people in the crowd angry and laughing histerically.
"Rapidash, your up!" At this, before Charizard can move, Jolteon runs forward, sparks surging from him. Rapidash launches a jet of fire from its mouth, only to meet a Thunderbolt, and to be beaten by the Thunderbolt. The attack sent from Jolteon destroyed the Flamethrower with ease, and zapped Rapidash, fainting it quickly.
"...You've gotten lucky so far old man, but this time I will win!" Kie said. He sends out an Alakazam, to be met by Umbreon, and his Shadow ball made quick work of Alakazam, which led to yels of triumph and anger from the audiance. After the break, the field was changed to a water one, to which a Golduck was sent in responce to Gyarados jumping into the water.
"My Gyarados says bite me...or better yet, I'll bite you!" Chris says for Gyarados. Golduck, upon hearing this, looks at Gyarados' fangs, and runs to Kie, and gets back in its pokeball. The whole crowd is speachless, and not even the Isshu region crowd says anything when Gyarados gets the win. Kie says nothing as he sends out a girrafe like electric pokemon, which Leafeon comes to meet, and takes out easily with Razor leaf.
At last, my turn Charizard said. He goes out to be faced with a Garchomp, which Kie says "You think you have this match in the bag, don't you? Well, you're wrong! Garchomp here is the most powerful pokemon in the world, and I'm going to prove it! Hyper beam max power!" Kie shouts. The attack is charged and fired at Charizard, who lets it hit him. As the smoke from the attack fades, Charizard is revealed to be in the exact same position as when he was before the attack. Kie is stunned, unable to move or think, and can only watch as Garchomp is taken down by a mere slap of Charizard's mighty tail.
"Champion Chris is the winner!" The ref said.
"You know, for all your bragging, I expected more." Chris says as he turns and leaves the stadium.

"Your dad is the strongest trainer alive, and throughout all history. You must be so proud!" Keshia said.
"I am, and I can't believe how weak that guy was. The challengers dad usually faces give him at least enough trouble he has to try, but dad let the team move by themselves, and beat him with a single hit. How lame can you be...or better yet, how low can you feel after bragging on live tv, then lose not only infront of your own region, but the entire world?" Jen said. They continued talking about it all the way to rock tunnel, which they planned on stopping at the pokemon center before hand, then make their way to Celedon city.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:08:10 AM
Charizard

Chapter 9: "Have I ever told you I would be lost without you?" Keshia said. They were inside Rock tunnel, which was pitch black. Keshia had suggested to go back, since she didn't have "night vision", when Jen pulled out her flashlight, which shown brightly to illuminat enough of the cave so they could walk through safely.
"You could stand to mention it more." Jen said with a grin. A moment later, they heard a faint roar coming from straight ahead.
"What was that?" Keshia asked.
"Probably just some wild pokemon. I heard there was an Onix in this cave." Jen said.
"Do we have any defenses for an Onix?" Keshia asked.
"I have Seel and Heracross, so we're covered. Don't worry, we should be safe as long as we don't bother it.....and if it isn't territorial." Jen said softly.
"What was that last thing?" Keshia asked.
"Nothing. You must be hearing things, perhaps the echo from the cave." Jen said.
"I hope so, because I'd hate to have to fight a grumpy Onix in a dark cave like this." Keshia said.
Obviously, I have become chopped liver in this group, or you two have forgotten that I am an extremely powerful ice type, and can take out any Onix with ease Glaceon said, not bothering to conceal her frustration.
Sorry Glaceon, I just forgot, thats all Jen said.
I'd expect you of all people, besides Chris, to know my power Glaceon said.
Sorry, it won't happen again, I promise. Why so testy today? Jen asked.
I guess I just miss Leafeon, thats all Glaceon answered.
When we get to Celedon, it is only a matter of time before you two are together again Jen said.
Then lets hurry! Glaceon said eagerly. The group was about half way into the tunnel when they heard another roar, only louder and closer this time.
"It sounds really close. What should we do?" Keshia said.
"Get out Mankey, and see if that helps you calm down." Jen said. Keshia nodded and released Mankey. Seeing that pokemon look around for a fight did ease Keshia's tension, though didn't erase it.
"With Mankey out, I should actualy pity any pokemon that messes with us." Keshia said, feeling more confident. Out of nowhere, a huge Onix appeared in front of Jen. Mankey immediatly sprang towards Onix, smacking it hard with Karate chop. Onix retaliated quickly with Headbutt, sending Mankey far. Once Mankey was sentfor a loop, Onix turned its attention to Jen. Glaceon was just about to attack when a bright white light lit up the area. A few seconds later, it went away leaving a furious Primape using Close Combat on Onix. The attack caused Onix to flee quickly, leaving Primape taking a victorious stance.
"Raising a Primape will be fun, so long as it doesn't think me an enemy." Keshia said. The rest of the way was smooth sailing, probably because Onix spread a warning. Soon they exited the cave and came into Lavander town, to see a huge crwod gathered together.
"Now what could be here in ghost central that makes people want to be here?" Keshia said. With Primapes assistance, they made their way to the middle of the crowd to see a boy of 14 telling a story.
"...Oh sure, someone else might be afraid of a ghost as tall as a Tyranitar, but not me! I gave that ghost something to moan about, and I slept the rest of the night away." He said.
"Sir, could you tell us what is going on?" Keshia asked.
"This guy spent the night in Lavander tower, and is telling his story of last night."
Something doesn't feel right. Last time when Chris was here, he told me that not even he could stand a night in that tower. He was brave enough, but as soon as he fell asleep, he woke up 3 minutes later to find himself outside. How could this guy do what Chris couldn't? Glaceon asked.
"Let me try and find out. Excuse me, did you really stay in the tower for the whole night?" Jen asked. The boy looked around and found Jen, smirked, then said "Of course I did. Why would I lie to such a pretty girl?"
"Because you are not my type. Also, because when he was younger, my dad tried to stay in that tower. He was brave enough, but when he fell asleep, he was outside." Jen said.
"Well perhaps your dad is a cowardly liar." He remarked.
"Well good. I'll tell the grand champion how you feel about him." Jen said. At that, all the color drained from his face.
"N-n-no way. Your dad is grand champion Chris?!?" He stuttered.
"Yes. My name is Jen, and I think you are lying about your story." Jen said.
"Wait, you're THE Jen!?" A man from the crowd exclaimed.
"Yes, why?" Jen asked.
"And you must be her friend Keshia, correct?"
"You know my name too?" Keshia said.
"Of course! You two are the real deal Shining Star double battle team! You two are really a big deal." A man said.
"When did we become famous? And what is with that Shining Star team?" Jen asked.
"Your battle phrases are Its your time to shine and You're the star now, right?"
"Yes, and I would appreciate it if we would be the only ones to use our phrases." Keshia said.
"You two are the first to challenge gyms as a team, and it is because of you two that the league is inspired to make a double battle league. Well, it was also with the help of a guest battler who will be taking the Elite Four's place, but it is mainly because of you two."
"Wait, what special guest?" Jen asked.
"Noone except the league knows, and they are doing everything in their power to keep it that way."
"Cool. Anyway, Keshia lets not waste time here. We have to go meet my dad at Celadon soon." Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:08:40 AM
Charizard

Chapter 10: "So that's what happened dad. I can't believe we actually became famous for battling together." Jen said. Jen, Keshia, and Chris were in the Celadon city Pokemon center drinking sodas while Jen told her father the news.
"What I'd like to know is who they got to be the battler." Chris said.
"What? With you being grand champion, I was sure you would know." Keshia said.
"I am the champion for the league, though I am not technically part of it." Chris answered.
"Oh. Anyway, will you be in town long enough to see the Shining Star team beat up Erica?" Keshia said.
"I'm in no rush, you guys?" Chris asked.
I'm in Charizard said, and the others said the same.
"Actually, Jen, you guys go on ahead. Ive got to do something I had been planning, and it can't wait. Don't worry, it will only take a few minutes. I'll see you at the gym in 10, okay?" Keshia left immediatly after that, leaving Jen to wonder what she had in store. 10 minutes later, Jen and Chris were infront of the gym looking around for Keshia.
"Where is she? She said she would be here right about now." Jen said impatiently. Just as she was about to give up waiting, Keshia came sprinting into view.
"*Huff* *puff*, sorry guys, the line was longer than I thought." Keshia said.
"Line to what?" Jen asked.
"You'll see very soon. Come on, its time to battle for bagde number 4." Keshia said. They entered the gym to be greeted by the pleasant aroma of flowers, and to see a woman sitting on a flat bed of grass.
"Um, hello? Are you Erica?" Jen asked.
"Indeed I am. And who-" Erica spotted Chris and stopped mid sentence.
"So I have the pleasure of seeing you again. You are the same trainer who took down my teacher all those years ago, aren't you?" Erica said angrily.
"Pleasure to be recognized." Chris said smoothly.
"Get out of my gym. I know why you are here, and I will not grant you a battle!" Erica nearly screamed.
"You cannot refuse a challenge withou a just reason. A petty grugde is not just enough, so you must accept her challenge." Chris said.
"Fine, but expect no mercy from me!" Erica said. She got up and led them to a grassland battle field.
"This will be a four on four battle, me using four and you two only use two. I know of the Shining Star team." Erica said.
"Its your time to shine, Charmander!"
"Go Vileplume and Victreebell!"
"You're the star now!" Keshia sent out a fierce Flareon to battle with Charmander.
"The line was for a fire stone. I get it now. Smart thinking." Jen said.
"Sunny day and Solarbeam!" Erica commanded immediatly. Even thought they were indoors, it grew very hot very quickly. Vileplume shot out a Solarbeam in the blink of an eye.
"Flamethrower!" Jen and Keshia both shouted, both on instinct. Twin jets of flame which collided with the Solarbeam in mid air. The Flamethrower manged to push the Flamethrower back and strike Vileplume and Victorybell, knocking them both out.
"Awsome! Way to go you two!" Jen and Keshia said simultaniously. As Charmander started to celebrate, it started to glow a brilliant bright white. Charmander had evovled into Charmeleon, and was admiring his new body.
Awsome! Who's the king baby? Charmeleon said.
Elvis Jen said. That killed his celebration as he dropped his shoulders, which made Jen giggle at him.
"Tangela and Executor! Go!" Erica said. Tangela and Executor came out and immediatly started attacking at Erica's command.
"Flamethrower again!" Jen and Keshia shouted. Again two jets of flames erupted from Charmeleon and Flareon, and again they took out Erica's pokemon with apparent ease.
"Though I loathe to admit it, you two deserve this Rainbow bagde." Erica thrust the bagdes into thier hands and insisted heavely they leave.
"You two are quite the team." Chris said.
"Thanks dad." Jen said.
"Oh yes. Before I leave, I do believe their is someone who missed you." Chris openes up a pokeball to have Leafeon jump out and tackle Jen playfully, then go to Glaceon.
"Good luck on your journey you two. Seeya kiddo." Chris said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:09:10 AM
Charizard

Chapter 11: “Hey Jen, I’ve been wondering about this for awhile, and being the champs daughter, I was hoping you could answer my question.” Keshia said.
“He thinks it is egotistic to give out autographs.” Jen said.
“No, well I was wondering about that, but that isn’t what I was wondering. What is your dad’s battle phrase?” Keshia asked.
“You know, that is actually a common question as well.” Jen said.
“Well, what is it?” Keshia asked.
“Being as he is now, he doesn’t use it anymore, but when he was younger and still on his journey, he thought really hard, tried out different ones, and finally came up with one that fit him perfectly.” Jen said.
“WHAT IS IT?” Keshia asked impatiently.
“We fight as one.” Jen answered.
“Wow…that is a really cool battle phrase. Why would he stop using it though?” Keshia wondered.
“He doesn’t need to use it anymore, seeing as he can talk to his pokemon with his mind, and keeps them out all the time.” Jen said.
“Still, that would suit him perfectly. In my opinion, he should use it again.” Keshia said. They reached the center to grab a quick bite to eat before heading to cycling road, when they see Erica talking to nurse Joy. When Erica sees them, she turns her back to them and walks away.
“Wait Erica, why do you hate my dad so much?” Jen asked.
“Because he humiliated my teacher, and my gym.” Erica stated.
“How? Could you please tell us?” Keshia asked.
“Very wel, perhaps you will be better off knowing why I insist upon my dislike of him.” Erica said.
*Flashback*

A boy of 9 walks to the front of the gym, wearing a blue denomn jacket, black shirt, blue pants, and a blue hat with a single red and gold feather in the fold. He walks in holding a pokeball in his hands, and searches for the leader. Brandon, current Celadon gym leader, is giving a lesson to his star apprentice Erica, when a small 9 year old boy walks up to him and challenges him to a battle. Brandon happily accepts the challenge, thinking it an easy win against a young boy. Erica, whose face suddenly lights up, quickly follows Brandon and this mysterious new kid into the arena, eager to see Brandon win yet again. Brandon had obtained a reputation as one of the most powerful grass type trainers, and was one win away from setting a world record for most consecutive wins; 1000 in a row.
“This will be a three on three match. Only the challenger may substitute pokemon. Let the match begin!” The ref proclaimed. Brandon had sent out a huge Venusour, much larger than any normal one, a sign of good training. The mysterious young kid only responds with a Ralts. Brandon makes sure it is his sure choice, and when the kid says it is, Brandon has Venusour use Razor leaf, hoping to end the match quickly and not hurt the kids confidence. Razor leaf was stopped dead in its tracks with a Psychic from Ralts, then it is sent back much harder at Venusour, knocking it out with the sheer force of Psychic and Razor leaf. Both pokemon are returned, the win going to the kid. Erica gasps as she stares dumbstruck at the kid. Noone had ever beaten Venusour with so much ease. Round two came with a Roselia from Brandon, and the kid sending out a Magickarp in response. Magickarp may have put on a show to make Brandon believe it was weak, but a Tackle attack sent Roselia for a loop and straight into the wall, where it was embedded in, fainted. Now Erica was truly terrified for Brandon, as she saw his record slipping away from him. Brandon had finally recognized the kid’s true power, and sent out his strongest partner, Sceptile. Erica sighs heavely in relief, as she had yet to see a challenger beat Sceptile, whether it be three on one or not. The kid ponders this for a moment, then returns Magickarp and says “We fight as one Charmeleon!” He has sent out his most trusted partner to battle, and the battle began. Sceptile was displaying it’s incredible speed, running circles around Charmeleon before it stopped suddenly, then cried out in pain as a rope of fire had tied around it’s ankle, pinning it in place as Charmeleon finished it off with a mighty Flamethrower. Brandon dropped to his knees, and the kid went over to the ref to claim his badge.
“Who- who or what are you?” Brandon said. The kid, a few steps away from the door, turns around, looked at Erica fro a moment, then turned to Brandon and said “My name is Chris, and I claim my victory here, nothing more, nothing less.” After that, he turned and left the gym, leaving Erica stunned as she had just seen her hero be brushed aside like a play thing. She vowed she would avenge her teacher, one way or another.

“And so that is why I cannot stand your father. It is because of him that Brandon failed to set the world record. To add insult to injury, he went on to get that record!” Erica said.
“Wow, Chris is really a cool guy, even as a kid!” Keshia said. Grunting in frustration, Erica leaves with her freshly healed pokemon, and leaves Keshia and Jen to discuss about what Erica had just told them.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:09:40 AM
Charizard

Chapter 12: Jen and Keshia were heading towards cycling road, in hopes of reaching Fushia city to get their fifth gym badge.
"Hey Jen, we don't have bikes. How can we take cycling road?" Keshia asked.
"Don't worry, they loan bikes to travellers like us so we can go." Jen said.
I hope they loan out bikes with big baskets Leafeon said.
Me too. I really don't feel like running down cycling road, but surely Jen knew this and has a plan, right? Glaceon said.
...Um, would you guys hate me if I said I was banking on bikes with baskets? Jen said nervously.
Not hate, we could never hate you, but be angry if your wrong, that we can do Leafeon said. They reached the gate of cycling road, and Jen went to talk with the guy in hopes of renting bikes.
"Sure little lady, I got two bikes right here, with the perfect size baskets you need." The man said.
"Thanks sir. Keshia, how about Glaceon rides with you, and I take Leafeon?" Jen asked.
"Sure, I'd love to." Keshia said. Leafeon jumps into the basket while Jen holds her bike steady, Glaceon does the same. Soon they were zooming down cycling road, feeling the cool afternoon air in their faces, and after a half hour, Jen and Keshia stop at a nearby bed of grass to rub the cramps out of their legs.
"I never knew it would be so long, did you?" Keshia asked, sitting down.
"Nope, but dad did say it wasn't short. I wish he had been more specific, but- Keshia! Look, its a Lapras!!" Jen shouted. Near the bed of grass was a small pool of water which was connected to the ocean, and Jen had spotted a Lapras swimming closer and closer to where they were taking a break.
"I thought Lapras were shy pokemon, so why is this one swimming towards us?" Keshia asked.
"Maybe to say hello?" Jen said hopefully. Lapras came to a stop when it got as close to the edge as it could, and started to cry out to them.
"Glaceon, Lapras is part ice, so maybe you would have the best cahnce out of all of us to find out what it wants. Will you try?" Jen asked.
I have nothing better to do Glaceon said. She went up to the Lapras and started questioning it. A few minutes later, Glaceon returned, with the Lapras resuming to cry out to them.
Okay, as weird as it is, this is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If you didn't guess already by it's size, that is a baby Lapras, just hatched to be precise At that, Glaceon started to grin widely, but managed to control herself and continue.
It seems that Lapras only just hatched half an hour ago, and as you know, pokemon that hatch cling to whomever they see first as their mother/father Again Glaeon had to take a moment to control herself, as she had begun again to smile stupidly.
Well, it seems that this one got seperated from its real mom, and its egg floated to the entrance of cycling road Glaceon could no longer keep her composer and burst out laughing, and once it was out of her system, she managed to calm down enough to continue, though couldn't keep the grin off her face.
Glaceon, I fail to see such humor in an egg getting seperated from it's mother Jen said sternly.
Well, according to her, its a she by the way, according to her, she is with her mom. You!
Glaceon again collapsed into a fit of laughter, and upon hearing this Leafeon joined in.
You're kidding, right? Jen said.
I wish I was, you can't make something like that up! Glaceon said through the giggles. Lapras, who appears to have run out of patience, flopped onto land and began making her way towards Jen, and snuggling up to her.
"That is one friendly Lapras, huh Jen?" Keshia said.
"You aren't going to believe this, but this Lapras thinks I'm her mother." Jen said. It took a minute for that to sink in, but when it did, Keshia joined Leafeon and Glaceon and the ground laughing like their was no tomorrow. Jen pet Lapras soothingly, waiting until they have had their fill of laughs. When they finally settled down, Keshia was the first to speak.
"Well, I guess you have to keep it, because it won't leave her mommy alone." Keshia teased.
"Not funny. How can I though? I already have a full team of six, and if I catch her, she'll go to Professor Oak, and I don't think she'd like that." Jen said.
Even on day one, Jen is protective of her baby Leafeon teased, then chuckled at the responce from Jen.
"Well, how about you give me Seel?" Keshia said.
"What? Why?" Jen asked.
"Well, with Lapras, you'll have two water types, while I'm still in the market for one. And this way, it would be easier to settle the differences between Natu and Seel." Keshia said.
"Okay, but I refuse to break our bond, okay?" Jen said.
"Read you loud and clear." Keshia said. She went over and Jen reluctantly handed over Seel's pokeball. She bonded her soul to Lapras, which was surpringly easy.
How about you come with me? Jen asked gently.
That's why I followed you for that really long time. Will I have to be carried in one of those balls? Lapras asked.
Yes, sorry but I can't carry you myself and I don't have a mobile aquarium Jen said. She reached to her belt and pulled out a pokeball, and Lapras tapped it with her forehead.
"Keshia, Leafeon, Glaceon, let go before it gets dark." Jen said.
"She means lets go before she gets mistaken for anyone elses mother." Keshia murmured to Leafeon and Glaceon, who chuckled.
"I heard that!" Jen shouted. Still chuckling, Leafeon and Glaceon got into their baskets and Jen and Keshia rode the rest of the way down to Fushia city.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:10:12 AM
Charizard

Chapter 13: "...So thats what happened mom. As far as Lapras is concerned, you've become a grandmother, and WOULD YOU THREE STOP LAUGHING ALREADY!" Jen snapped. She was on the phone in the Fushia city pokemon center telling her mom, Alena, about her new Lapras, and Keshia, Leafeon, and Glaceon had just burst into a laughing fit again.
"Oh don't mind them. I think its sweet that Lapras thinks you're her mother. Take good care of her, promise?" Alena said.
"Of course mom, I wouldn't do anything less." Jen said.
"Well, oh wait, your father just walked in. Do you want to tell him yourself, or should I?" Alena asked.
"Tell me what?" Jen heard from Alena's side.
"Go on and tell him. I have to go check out Fushia city, and maybe kill my friends while I'm at it." Jen said, still clearly annoyed at the others.
"Okay, just make sure to have fun, and don't get caught killing them, okay?" Alena said.
"What a good mother you are. Bye." Jen said smiling. After they hung up, Jen left the center, not bothering to tell the others where she was going, and took a stroll around Fushia.
"I heard there was a beach at the southern part of Fushia... ah, there it is." Jen said to herself. She made her was to the beach and let out all her pokemon.
"Everyone, meet Lapras, our new family member. Be nice to her, because she is just a baby, okay?" Jen said. Everyone nodded, and with that they went to run around and play on the beach, except for Lapras who made her way to Jen.
Don't want to play with the others? If you're shy, don't worry. They are all really nice, and fun to be around Jen said.
I'm just tired, thats all mommy Lapras responded with a yawn.
Okay, sleep for awhile and I'll wake you up when its time to go, okay? Jen said. At that Lapras fell asleep immediatly, and Jen layed on the sand watching the other pokemon play, until- BANG! Lapras jerked up, as did Jen, and looking around they see Charmeleon and Shinx fighting. Flamethrower collided with Thunderbolt, creating a big explosion. All the other pokemon were trying to break them up, though to no avail, until Heracross left to get Jen.
Jen! Charmeleon and Shinx are really going at it and we can't stop them! He said quickly. Jen immediatly sprang up and ran towards the fight, Lapras attempting to follow. When Jen got to the fight, she ducked out of the way just in time to avoid a Dragon rage and a Charge beam.
"ENOUGH!!!" Jen screamed. Startled by her, Charmeleon and Shinx stopped, though they glared at each other.
"Okay, now, Shinx, what happened, then Charmeleon will tell his side of the story." Jen said.
I was playing in the sand, trying to bury Pidgeotto, When my tail lit up in flames because of Flamethrower! Shinx said.
Why were you trying to bury Pidgeotto? Jen asked.
Exactly what I was thinking! Pidgeotto was sleeping on the sand, minding his own bussiness, when she goes over and decides to bury him, so I shot a warning at her, then she struck me with Thunderbolt! Charmeleon said.
It was a harmless prank, and you attacked me for it! Shinx shouted.
You shouldn't have done it in the first place! Charmeleon shouted back. And the fighting resumed once more when Shinx ran at Charmeleon with an Iron tail. The attack landed, and Charmeleon took at moment to recover from the sneak attack. Shinx suddenly lit up brilliantly, then when she stopped glowing, Shinx had evovled into Luxio. While she was taking in her new body, Charmeleon had recovered and was furious. So mad he focused every bit of power he had and fired it at Luxio, scorching her badly.
What...was that? Charmeleon wondered, both marveled and scared of his new found power.
That was the most powerful fire move, except for my dad's home made element moves, Blast Burn, and now Luxio needs to get to the pokemon center immedialty! She is really hurt! Jen said. She returned Lapras, Pidgeotto, and Bulbasour, then had Heracross and Charmeleon help carry Luxio to the pokemon center.
"Jen, we're sorry, but it was- what happened to her?" Keshia said alarmed.
"Shinx evovled, Charmeleon used Blast Burn, and she really needs to be healed." Jen said quickly. Not stopping to answer any more questions, Jen quickly got Luxio to Nurse Joy, who then took her to be treated immedialty.
"You were lucky to get het here so fast, her condition isn't looking too good at the moment." Nurse Joy said just before she got Luxio onto a strecher and into the emergency room.
"Okay, now will you fill us in on what just happened?" Keshia asked, a worried look on her face.
"Okay, well it started when I left the center..." Jen told her the story. When she finished, Keshia, Leafeon and Glaceon turned to Charmeleon with angry looks on their faces.
"You really were out of line Charmeleon. To use such an attack over something so stupid, you really must be ashamed." Keshia said.
You'd better beg for her forgiveness when she comes out, because you really did overeact Leafeon said.
I know. Its just...she attacked me when I was distracted, so I was really angry, then I just turned that into an attack and I went overboard I guess Charmeleon said. It was a few hours later until Nurse Joy came out of the ER. Jen ran towards her, and immediatly asked how Luxio was.
"She will be just fine. The wounds weren't as serious as I thought, and she will be good as new in the morning." The sigh of relief could be heard all around town when Jen heard the news.
The next morning, Jen got up early and went to go check on Luxio. When she got the the ER room, she saw Charmeleon had beat her there.
...so thats what happened. Even? Charmeleon asked.
Well, only because you begged me, I guess I can't stay mad Luxio said smiling. Jen decided to leave those two alone for awhile, then went to get breakfast.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:10:43 AM
Charizard

Chapter 14: "Okay everyone, ready to go?" Jen asked.
"Ready to be on step closer to the Indigo Platue." Keshia said.
Mommy, can I please battle? Lapras asked.
W-what? You're only one day old, but you want to battle against a gym leader? Maybe you don't understand yet, but gym leaders are really tough, and should be left for the other more experienced pokemon. You understand now, right? Jen explained.
But I know I can win! Let me try, please? Lapras begged.
"Well, I, uh, I don't know. Let me check something first." Jen pulled out her pokedex and looked up Lapras' moves.
Pokemon name: Lapras
Moves: Water Gun, Protect, Ice Beam, Hyper Beam
"Wow. So this is how the phrase don't judge a book by it's cover got started." Jen said.
"How? What's going on?" Keshia asked, confused. Jen showed Keshia Lapras' moves.
"Strong baby. You got lucky Jen." Keshia said.
"Strong she maybe, but she wants to fight in our gym match today. She really seems determined, but she is so young. I'm stumped." Jen said.
"Well, maybe if we each use two pokemon, you could use Lapras, then if she faints, use Charmeleon. He did just learn Blast Burn after all." Keshia said.
"Lets see how things go." Jen said. She gathered everyone up and set off with Keshia to the gym.
When they enter the gym, they find a wooden hallway that creaks when stepped on.
"Perhaps this isn't the right place?" Keshia said.
"It is, I'm sure of it. Maybe I-Stop!" Jen shouted. Keshia froze in her place as Jen cautiously showed her what she would have walked into. She lightly steps onto a section of floor boards that were just a slightly different color that the hallway, and revealed it to be a pitfall trap with Voltorb and Electrode at the bottom.
"What kind of gym is this? And how did you know that was there?" Keshia said.
"I remembered just in time what my dad used to tell me about this place. It is a ninja theme based gym with poison types, but challengers must first get to the gym leader, and that itself is a challenge with all the traps. Most trainers just avoid this place and go to a different gym, giving this one a respectable reputation." Jen explained.
"So you know, do you? Then lets skip this nonsense and get right down to it shall we?" A man in a dark purple ninja suit landed on the floor directly behind them, scaring Keshia quite a lot.
"Koga, right?" Jen asked.
"Indeed, and you two are the famous double battle team, correct?" Koga said.
"Yes, and we challenge you to a battle." Jen said.
"Very well. Come this way." Koga tapped on the wall next to him and it slid right to reveal a passage. The path led them to a plain gym battle arena, with a ref already there.
"This will be a 4 on 4 match, with Koga using 4 while both challengers only using 2 each. Let the match begin!"
"Go Muk and Weezing!"
"You're the star now Pikachu!"
"It's your time to shine Lapras!" Once everyone was out, Lapras immediatly started with an Ice beam directed at Muk.
Hold on Lapras! You can't just rush in like that, you have to wait for the right time to strike, okay? Jen said. Muk easily ducked under the attack and sent a Sludge bomb at Pikachu.
"Thunderbolt!" Keshia said quickly. Pikachu barely made it with using Thunderbolt to collide with Sludge bomb.
"Lapras Water gun!" Jen said. Lapras sent a stream of water at Weezing, though it was just brushed off. Weezing ignored Lapras and used Double Edge on Pikachu.
"Thunder!" Keshia said. Pikachu didn't have enough time to launch the attack as Weezing was just too quick. Pikachu was sent flying at the wall, and barely managed to get back up.
"Enough fooling around. Hyper Beam!" Jen said, quite annoyed now and showing it. Lapras charged the attack as quickly as she could, and fired the beam at Muk, making direct contact. However, Muk barely showed any signs of damage, while Lapras was panting heavely, tired from using her attack.
"What is going on here? Lapras return!" Jen said.
"It's your time to shine Charmeleon!" Charmeleon came out, ready to go. Muk fired a Sludge bomb at Charmeleon, which only seemed to annoy him greatly.
"Flamethrower!" The jet of flames struck Muk hard and it collapsed, fainted.
"Thunder!" This time Pikachu managed to strike his target, fainting Weezing.
"Go Venemoth and Arbok!" Koga said after returning Muk and Weezing. Venemoth hovered above Pikachu, realeasing a purple powder all over him.
"Keshia thats poison powder! Get Pikachu out of there!" Jen shouted.
"Return Pikachu. You're the star now Primape!" Primape came out and without missing a beat, struck Arbok with Close Combat. Charmeleon slashed Venemoth with Shadow claw, clipping its wings sending it down to the ground. Charmeleon mercilessly burned Venemoth with Flamethrower and finished it off, while Primape had long since fainted Arbok.
"I am mostly impressed, except with that Lapras of yours. It is poorly trained and it was foolish to put in battle. Never the less, you two have won and deserve this badge. But remember, train that Lapras, understand?" Koga said.
"Yes sir." Jen said softly as she took her gym badge, as did Keshia. The two left the gym, cautious of any more traps, then went to the center for some healing.
"Jen, he was right you know. Putting Lapras in seemed like a good idea at first, but seeing how hard she tried and so little results, I guess she really needs training, huh?" Keshia said.
"I'll work on it. Lets talk about something else, okay?" Jen said moodily.
"Okay, so where is the next stop and what is the fastest way?" Keshia asked.
"Safron city to fight Clairvonyant herself Sabrina. She uses Psychic types and isn't an easy opponent. I think the best route would be to go back up cycling road, then through Celadon and keep heading East. Afeter that we have to come back here to get the boat to Cinnibar Island. But first things first, going up cycling road." jen said.
"Dang it! It is so long, then we have to go back down again, huh?" Keshia asked.
"No, wait. Once we beat Sabrina, we can go south to Virmillion city and take the boat there, Much quicker." Jen said.
"I just can't wait. We really have come so far so fast, huh?" Keshia said.
"Yes Keshia, we sure have." Jen said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:11:13 AM
Charizard

Chapter 15: "This...is...really...hard!" Keshia panted.
"Almost...there." Jen said, tired as well. They finally reach the top of cycling road, then collapse on the ground, gasping for breath.
"In retrospect, it would have been easier to beat Sabrina, THEN go to Fushia." Keshia said.
"This is the order my dad did this in, so this is the order I'm going to do it too." Jen said. They returned their bikes and went through Celadon city fairly quickly, after stopping at the pokemon center for a drink. They were on the road soon after and it wasn't long before dusk fell.
"We didn't make much headway today, huh?" Keshia said, setting up her sleeping bag.
"Well, our legs hurt so we moved slowly." Jen said, also getting her bag out. They gathered up wood for a fire and cooked some food. Once their stomachs were full, as well as their pokemon's, they fell asleep easily.
The next morning, Jen awoke to find Lapras very close to her, with her head on Jen. Jen jumped a little in surprise, which must have woken Lapras. She slowly opened her eyes, blinked a few times then yawned.
Good morning to you too. You sure surprised me Lapras. Why are you out of your pokeball? Jen asked.
I heard what that Koga guy said, and he was right, as were you. I wasn't ready, and you took the blame. I've been thinking real hard, and I've decided I want to train and become as strong as possible. I want to win lots of battles, and train to become real strong like the others. To do that, I need to start right away, so can we? Lapras asked.
You know, for a baby, you really are wise. I'm very impressed Jen said.
Thanks mommy. So can we train? Lapras asked eagerly.
Once Keshia and the others get up, I'll mention it to them and before you know it, we'll be training as hard as possible Jen said. A few minutes later, Keshia woke up, followed by Leafeon and Glaceon, to find a roaring fire and the smell of bacon to greet them.
"Morning. I think we should spend some time this morning training before we head out to Safron, okay?" Jen said.
"Are you sure Jen? We are barely a mile out of Celadon, and after checking your book, we still have some distance to go. I figure if we go very soon, we should reach the center by dusk, then we can head to the gym the next morning. It will be very quick, and easy as well." Keshia said.
"If my dad took the easy way out every time, he wouldn't be as strong as he is now. He spent 2 years training his 3 pokemon before finally going to the Indigo Platue. I'm not saying that we should do the same, but I really think we can spend one day training. Plus, we always make such good time, we have a little over 5 months before the competition is held, and we're over half way there. Now, we can spend today training, okay?" Jen said sternly.
"Um, okay Jen, whatever makes you happy." Keshai said, somewhat frightened by her tone. Once the group was fed, Jen found a clearing with a small lake surrounded by grass.
"This is a perfect spot to train, don't you think?" Jen said.
"Yeah. Okay, how do we do this?" Keshia asked.
"I think that we have our pokemon pair up against each other, my team against yours in multiple one on one battles at the same time. Dad does this all the time, that even Leafeon and Glaceon have already gotten into position." Jen said. Leafeon and Glaceon fell into their battle stances, both feeling like they were back home where they always paired up. They circled each other, waiting for the other to make a move. Jen and Keshia sent out all their pokemon and told them to watch what they were going to do in a minute. Leafeon and Glaceon continued circling until Razor leaf struck Ice Beam in the blink of an eye. Petal dance clashed with Water pulse, Iron tail made useless with Protect. The other pokemon got the message and paired up. Luxio made sure to steer clear of Charmeleon, no doubt still remembering their last fight. Lapras paired with Paras, and Bullet seed missed by inches. Paras didn't give her time to recover, as Slash collided with Lapras. Lapras retaliated with Ice beam. Paras dodged it with ease, provoking Lapras into a rapid fire Ice beam attack. Paras continued to avoid the attacks with apparent ease, taunting Lapras all the way. When Lapras stopped, panting from the effort, Paras evovled into Parasect. Parasect was only inspried more to humiliate Lapras, taunting her even more.
"Parasect, enough! Lapras is just a baby, don't be so full of yourself." Keshia chastised. But Parasect was too busy taunting Lapras to hear. Lapras was beyond furious at that point, which must have sparked something inside of her. The temperature in the area grew freezing, and was getting even colder.
Glaceon, are you doing this? Jen asked, shivering.
Not me, I have no reason to use it in a practice match Glaceon said, immune to the cold's effect. Soon the grass they stood on was replaced by ice in the blink of an eye. Now everyone was paying full attention. An ice spike the size of Jen shot out next to Parasect, followed by many more until it was surrounded. When Parasect was completly enclosed, a bright icy blue light shown form inside. After the light dissapeared, the ice did as well, leaving only a fainted Parasect enclosed in a thick sheet of ice. Lapras collapsed onto the ground, breathing heavily.
You...didn't do that, did you? Jen asked.
He made me very mad, then I felt an incredible power inside of me, so I released all of it at once. Was that a move? Lapras asked.
Congrads on creating your very own element move. What do you want to call it? Jen said.
May I? Demonic Ice Glaceon said.
"Keshia, you have just wittnessed the birth of Demonic Ice. Be nice to Lapras from now on, okay?" Jen said.
"Parasect did deserve it, but now what?" Keshia asked.
"Oh, um, Charmeleon could you help us here?"
Old December 2, 2010, 07:12:51 AM
Charizard

Chapter 16: While Charmeleon was thawing out Parasect, Leafeon was looking around. Though it hard to tell, Charmeleon was very impressed, as were all the others, except for Bulbasour. She could see him trying to be happy for Lapras, but could detect envy from him. That night, when everyone else was asleep, Leafeon got up and went over to Bulbasour’s pokeball. He came out and yawned widely, wondering why he was up so late.
Come with me. We have work to do Leafeon said.
At this hour? Bulbasour asked. Never the less, he followed her to the clearing, and didn’t come back until mid morning.
And where have you two been, hmm? Jen asked.
Training. That’s what you wanted us to do, right? Leafeon replied.
Yes, but not all night! Look at how tired Bulbasour is. What were you doing with him anyway? Jen asked sternly.
Jen, relax. I’m just tired, nothing a nap won’t fix Bulbasour said. He ate a little food then headed for his pokeball, eager for a long nap.
I’d still like an answer Jen said.
I told you, we were training. That isn’t a crime, so please stop acting like it is Leafeon said, beginning to get annoyed. Once everyone had ate their fill, the group was on the road again.
“So why were Bulbasour and Leafeon away last night?” Keshia asked.
“Leafeon insists it was just training, so I have to believe her, but to be out so late for so long isn’t good for you.” Jen said. Just as Keshia had predicted, Saffron city came into view just before dusk.
“Gym badge number six is so close I can taste it!” Keshia said.
“You aren’t supposed to eat the badges Keshia.” Jen said.
“Seriously Jen, can you blame me for being excited? We have come far, and we are close to all eight.” Keshia said.
“First things first. I want to check out the dojo here. It could be worth while for Heracross and Primape, don’t you think?” Jen asked.
“But I really want to fight Sabrina A.S.A.P.” Keshia said.
“We can go to the dojo now and the gym in the morning.” Jen said. She then headed for the northern part of town, followed by a reluctant Keshia, and found a building with a Hitmonlee and a Hitmonchan on the front. They went in to see multiple black belts practicing karate along with many fighting types. The black belts stopped when they spotted Jen and Keshia, and started to murmur to each other.
“We just want to test ourselves here, nothing more, nothing less.” Jen said.
“What did you say?!?” A man in the front said.
“What did I say?” Jen asked, confused why they would have that reaction.
“Do you think we don’t remember? A young boy of nine came here years ago with a Kirlia that knew martial arts. He said he wanted to test himself here, nothing more, nothing less. And now you appear years later, saying the same thing while having the same fighting spirit as him, and wonder what is wrong?” He said.
“Um, I just want to battle with my Heracross here.” Jen said.
“Fine, I shall be your opponent.” He said. Everyone cleared the field immediately, leaving only Jen and the black belt.
“Keshia, I’ll fight on my own this time, okay?” Jen said.
“Fine with me, I’ll save my strength for tomorrow.” Keshia said.
“Go Machamp!”
“It’s your time to shine Heracross!” Heracross and Machamp didn’t take long to get locked in combat. Machamp was using its four arms to it’s advantage, overwhelming Heracross with multiple attacks, each different.
“No way! You can’t use more than one attack at a time, that’s cheating!” Jen shouted.
“Machamp is using its arms to use the attacks, so it is perfectly fair, so stop wining little girl.” He retorted. Heracross had definitely had enough, as he was no longer on the defensive. Heracross slashed Machamp hard, yet when the slash was over, Machamp had multiple bruises on its arm.
“What was that?!?” The black belt shouted. Machamp had fainted after the next slash from Heracross, revealing even more bruises.
“It was quick and hard to see, but I saw many blurs between the time Heracross was slashing. He was actually punching at a super fast speed, about ten times before it was over.” Jen explained.
“Was that Comet punch? No, that was too fast for a Comet punch, so what was that attack? I must know!” He said.
“Heracross’ new element move. I think Combat Claw has a nice ring to it, don’t you Heracross?” Jen asked.
Fits like a glove Heracross answered back. Jen and Keshia left the dojo shortly afterwards, leaving all the black belts attempting to teach their pokemon Combat Claw, though Jen knew they would fail.
That night, Leafeon had snuck Bulbasour out again, but Jen was awake this time and followed silently. Leafeon and Bulbasour were behind the center, with Leafeon using Serenity Vein on a rock.
Now you try, and get it right this time Leafeon said harshly. Bulbasour focused his energy into the ground and several vines came out, though unlike the wide, thick vines Leafeon used, these were as thin as a vine whip, with not a thorn in sight.
Wrong again! You aren’t focusing enough, or are you just lazy? Leafeon said coldly.
I’m trying my best, this isn’t an easy thing to do you know Bulbasour retorted.
Perhaps I can persuade you to do better with a more accurate demonstration Leafeon said. Several thick vines came out around Bulbasour and started spinning quickly. Bulbasour tried to run, but was cut off at all turns and was unable to avoid the thorns hitting him. Jen had seen enough and was about to step in when the attack had stopped, and Bulbasour was not looking too good, but was determined never the less.
Okay, so something like THIS!?! Bulbasour screamed. Several thin vines came out of the ground, but they were not focused on one spot. One vine grabbed Leafeon and tossed her into the air, where the other vines sprang into action, whipping her whenever she got close to the ground. When Bulbasour ended the attack, he had a vine take Leafeon down gently. Leafeon got up and went to Bulbasour rather quickly. Bulbasour, preparing for the worst, had several vines pop up near him, just in case, when Leafeon said, in a gentle tone, I’m sorry for being so rough with you, but look at what you did! I’m very impressed and proud. I’d hoped you would learn Serenity Vein like I was trying to teach you, but you came up with a use for your vines the way they are, and an effective one at that. Now then, the only thing to do is for Jen over there to name your new element move. Any ideas?
So you knew I was here all along. Hmm, how about Wild vine? Jen suggested.
I like it. Wild vine it is. I should keep practicing with this, because I feel I can do many things with this Bulbasour said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:13:25 AM
Charizard

Chapter 17: “Hey Jen, why is Leafeon covered in marks?” Keshia asked.
“Don’t worry, she’ll be just fine, given time.” Jen said.
“Okay. Anyways, time to get our next gym badge!” Keshia said excitedly. They head for the Saffron city gym, and upon entering it find a long hallway lined with doors. Jen curiously peers into one to see multiple people holding spoons that suddenly bend.
“That is freaky.” Keshia said, peering over Jen’s shoulder.
“That is psychic abilities in action.” Jen corrected. Jen leads them down the hallway to come to a room with a battle field and a ref. Across from them, they see a little girl with a big white ball in her hands, sitting on the lap of a woman whose face was covered in shadows.
“I don’t like this Jen. Something feels creepy.” Keshia said.
“Nonsense, just calm down. Hey, Clairvoyant, we challenge you to a battle.” Jen said.
“My name is Sabrina, not Clairvoyant. And yet, I remember being called that very same name years ago, but I can’t remember by whom. Be that as it may, I accept your challenge.” The little girl said.
“Wait, you’re Sabrina? Now I’m confused. How can a little girl like you be a gym leader?” Keshia asked.
“Never you mind. Let us play now.” The little girl who claimed to be Sabrina suddenly floated out of the woman’s lap, and hovered to the field.
“J-J-J-J-J-Jen? Is that normal?” Keshia stuttered, clearly frightened.
“No, and neither is using an illusion to battle for you Sabrina!” Jen said, pointing at the woman in the shadows.
“Play with me, or leave now.” The little girl said.
“Did my dad fall for your trick, or did he, like me, see through it as well?” Jen asked.
“Your dad is the champion, are my powers correct?” The young one said.
“Yep, and you are going down, one way or another Sabrina.” Jen said.
“This shall be a two on two match between the double battle team of Jen and Keshia against the gym leader, Sabrina. Let the match begin.” The ref said.
“Come out and play Alakazam and Jinx.”
“You’re the star now Flareon.”
“It’s your time to shine Bulbasour.”
“Jinx, use Blizzard, and Alakazam, use Psybeam.” The girl said.
“Wild Vine!” Jen said. About 20 vines shot out of the ground lined up in rows in front of Flareon and Bulbasour. The attacks made contact with the vines, and then disappeared.
“Flamethrower!” Keshia said.
“Confusion.” The girl said. The jet of flames was inches away from Jinx when it was sent back at Bulbasour. Instinctively, Bulbasour used Protect, not knowing it could do that.
“Bulbasour, when this is over, remind me to check your moves. Razor leaf!” Jen said.
“Flamethrower!” Keshia said. The attacks were too fast and came from too close to have time to deflect. Flamethrower scorched Jinx, and Alakazam was struck with Razor leaf.
“Blizzard and Psybeam!” The real Sabrina shouted. The illusion made girl disappeared and the real Sabrina stood up and ran onto the battle field.
“Protect!” Jen said.
“Dig!” Keshia said. Bulbasour withstood the attack with Protect up, and Flareon had dug underground to avoid all damage.
“Where is it?” Sabrina wondered.
“Let me show you. Now use Flamethrower!” Keshia said. Flareon popped out behind Jinx and burned it with a jet of flames, knocking it out.
“Wild Vine!” Jen said. Alakazam was tossed into the air and whipped five times before it was smacked down by a vine, fainting Alakazam.
“This match is over. The winners are Jen and Keshia.” The ref said. Sabrina was silent as she awarded them the badge, then she went back to her seat.
“That was the creepiest gym match ever, but we won!” Keshia shouted with glee.
“Yep, now we just head south to Virmillion for the boat ride to Cinnabar Island.” Jen said.
“And it’s still early, so we can get an early lunch then head out.” Keshia said. While walking back to the center, Jen looked up Bulbasour’s moves.
Pokemon name: Bulbasour
Moves: Wild Vine, Protect, Razor Leaf, Solarbeam
“I did not know he knew Solarbeam. Should have looked up his moves sooner.” Jen said to herself. Once eating a quick meal, they set off for Virmillion city, destination Cinnabar Island.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:13:56 AM
Charizard

Chapter 18: “So this is where we get our tickets for the S.S. Anne, right?” Jen asked.
“Correct little lady. This will take you directly to Cinnabar Island, then to Pallet town.” The ticket salesman said. Jen and Keshia purchased their tickets, then got on board the ship.
“Fancy place here, don’t you think?” Keshia asked.
“Fancy dressed people here, don’t you think?” Jen replied.
“Okay, I get you. Where are the trainers then?” Keshia asked.
“Probably over there where there is a battle going on.” Jen said, pointing to a Venonat and a Koffing were locked in battle.
“Not the most exciting match, but maybe that’s just because I’m used to watching-Your dad is on tv!” Keshia shouted. Keshia ran towards the television where a title match had just gotten started.
“Awsome, what luck! Really, a Tropius to fight Gallade? Oh well, its your funeral.” Keshia said. She continued talking out loud like that, quickly drawing attention. When people realized it was champion Chris on TV, they stopped paying attention to the battle, even the battlers themselves stopped and ran over to see the match.
“I hope I get to see Charizard.”
“No way, Gallade can win this match all by himself.”
“Jolteon is my favorite, what about you?”
“Umbreon all the way. Oh look! Umbreon is up now. His Shadow Ball never stops amazing me.”
“Charizard is really the overall fan favorite, everyone knows that.” The trainers continued to chatter amongst themselves while watching the match.
“That was a great match. I can’t believe we got to see Gyarados in this one.”
“It isn’t all that rare you know.”
“He doesn’t always get a water field, and he is my favorite.”
“Hey guys, want to know something amazing?” All eyes were on Keshia.
“No, Keshia, don’t say what I think you’re going to say!” Jen mumbled.
“That girl over there is the champions daughter!” Keshia said, pointing at Jen. Now everyone’s attention was on Jen, either asking for tips on battling, questions about the champ, or autographs. When Leafeon had enough, she used Serenity Vein to draw everyone’s attention away from Jen.
“Thank you, now I just want to relax on the ride, and get my seventh gym badge at Cinnabar Island, okay?” Jen said. The trainers reluctantly went away, and the rest of the boat ride was peaceful.
“You knew that would happen, didn’t you?” Jen said accusingly.
“I thought you’d enjoy all the attention, my bad.” Keshia said. They got off the boat once it was docked on the peer, then went straight to the center.
“Jen, where is the gym?” Keshia asked.
“No idea. Maybe the other trainers here know where it is.” Jen said.
“Looking for the gym?” A voice from behind said. Jen and Keshia spun around to see an old man with long white hair and big round glasses.
“Um, yes as a matter of fact. Can you help us?” Jen asked.
“Well, being Blaine, the gym leader of Cinnabar Island, I think I can.” Blaine said.
“We just keep getting lucky, don’t we Jen?” Keshia said. Jen and Keshia fllowed Blaine out of the center and to a small building that looked as if it had recently been rebuilt.
“Lets go inside, shall we?” Blaine said.
“I assume you know of us already?” Keshia asked.
“No, not a clue.” Blaine admitted.
“We are the Shining Star double battle team, and we fight gym leaders together.” Jen explained.
“Ah yes, now I know you two. Let’s get started, shall we?” Blaine said.
“This shall be a two on two battle between Blaine and the team of Jen and Keshia. Let the match begin.” The ref said.
“Magmar and Arcinine, go!”
“You’re the star now Seel!”
“It’s your time to shine Pidgeotto!”
“Why Pidgeotto?” Keshia asked.
“I plan on focusing on speed in this match.” Jen explained.
“Interesting. Let me see how fast your bird is. Arcinine, use Extremespeed!” Blaine said.
“Block it with Aerial ace!” Jen said. Extremespeed collided in the air with Aerial ace, while Seel was using this distraction to use Water pulse on Magmar.
“Shouldn’t have let myself get distracted, but it won’t happen again. Flare Blitz!” Blaine said.
“Water pulse again!” Keshia said. Seel managed just in time to fend off Magmar with her attack just when Magmar was almost on her.
“Brave bird!” Jen said.
“Flame wheel!” Blaine said. Brave bird and Flame wheel collided, neither side giving an inch, until Pidgeotto gave one last push and knocked aside Arcinine.
“Finish it with Sky attack!” Jen said.
“Use Water pulse once more!” Keshia said. Magmar got hit with Water pulse again and was knocked out, while Pidgeotto swooped down charging at Arcinine, fainting it on contact.
“I’m getting too old for this, but you two won all the same.” Blaine said.
“Jen, we have seven badges! Just one more and we are fully qualified to enter the Indigo Plateu! Come on, next stop: Viridian city!” Keshia said.
“Slow down Keshia, we have plenty of time. Besides, our next stop is Pallet town, then Viridian city.” Jen said. She and Keshia left the gym and went to the center, where they stayed for the rest of the day and night.
The next morning, Keshia was wide awake by the time Jen got up.
“Eager much?” Jen asked.
“We are one badge away, how couldn’t I be?” Keshia said.
“You might want to save that energy for when we get to the competition, not now when we are almost qualified.” Jen said.
“You are always thinking, aren’t you?” Keshia said.
“Pretty much, yeah.” Jen said. They left for the top of Cinnabar, where they graabed a boat ride to Pallet town, eagerly waiting to get to Viridian city.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:14:29 AM
Charizard

Chapter 19: "Hurry Jen! I can see Viridian city now!" Keshia said.
"I'm coming, but did you really have to run all the way?" Jen said. They finally reached their destination, Viridian city, and Keshia made a bee line for the gym.
"I almost forgot, we first met here, didn't we?" Keshia said, walking quickly towards the gym.
"Oh yeah, we did." Jen said, trying to keep up with Keshia. When they reached the door to the gym, Keshia stopped suddenly.
"Hey Jen, who is the leader of this gym?" Keshia asked.
"I...have no clue." Jen admitted.
They use a substitute gym leader now, until they can find a permanent one later Leafeon explained. Jen repeated that to Keshia.
"A sub? We have to fight a sub? Well, lets get it done so we can head to the Platue!" Keshia said. They entered the gym to find a wide room with a ref at the ready and a man just now coming into view.
"My name is Frank, and I take it you want to challenge me for an Earth badge, correct?" Frank said.
"Yes, so lets go!" Keshia said.
"This will be a two on two match. Begin!"
"Go Golem and Onix!"
"You're the star now Parasect!"
"It's your time to shine Heracross!"
"Onix use Tackle, and Golem use Rollout!" Frank said.
"Heracross, jump onto Onix and use Combat Claw!" Jen said.
"Parasect, use Spore!" Keshia said. Heracross jumped at the last minute onto Onix and unleashed his lightning fast punches on its back. Parasect's Spore had no effect, as Golem was spinning too fast to breath in enough, and collided with Parasect.
"Bullet seed!" Keshia said. Parasect managed to get back on his feet and fire off many rounds of Bullet seed, which seemed to be effective.
"Finish off Onix with Brick Break!" Jen said.
"Shake it off Onix!" Frank said. Onix shook as hard as it could, but Heracross held in long enough to smack Onix hard with Brick Break, fainting it. Bullet seed was still going, and Golem couldn't stand up to it anymore.
"You are really strong to beat me as easily as you two did. Here, take the Earth badge." Frank said. Keshia was in silent glee as she walked out of the gym, gazing at her last badge.
"Keshia, I know what you're going to ask, and the answer is we go to the Platue now, and then train." Jen said.
"For the next four months?" Keshia asked.
"Yes Keshia, we will train as hard as ever, preparing for what we might encounter." Jen said. It took them two days to get to the location of the Platue, but once they did, they began to train, each and every day.
Two months later...
"Keep going! You're doing great guys! Keep this up and our victory is all but certain!" Jen encouraged. Bulbasour was sparring with Flareon, practicing with Wild Vine for defencive uses. Flamethrower was blocked by several vines, then the vines blocked a Thunder from Pikachu, then an Ice beam from Lapras.
I think I have finally mastered this move! Bulbasour said with glee. All that expirience practicing must have been enough for Bulbasour to evolve into Ivysour.
Bonus! Ivysour said.
One month until the competition...
Pidgeotto was sparring with Ivysour, finding it dificult to get close enough to strike without getting whipped.
Come on Pidgeotto, you aren't afraid of my vines, are you? Ivysour boasted. Thinking, Pidgeotto climbed higher into the air after giving only one responce: Let me try something Pidgeotto climbed as high as he dared, then dove straight down, spiraling while covered in a golden light. As he drew closer, the light took the shape of Pidgeotto, then he rose out of the dive while the gold copy soared straight for Ivysour, slicing through the vines with ease and smacking him hard.
Now then, who is afraid of who?
I think I should be afraid of a Pidgeot that can do that to me Ivysour replied.
Pidgeot? Did I smack you so hard that you can't remember what a Pidgeotto looks like? Pidgeot said.
"Hey Jen! Did you see that? You've got a Pidgeot, and it has a new element move to boost!" Keshia said. Hearing what Keshia had said, Pidgeot examined his body.
Huh, guess I am a Pidgeot. Cool Pidgeot said.
"So Jen, what is it going to be this time?" Keshia asked.
"This one is a little tricky to name, but how about we call it SonicAero, spelled a-e-r-o?" Jen said.
Hmm, sure, why not? Pidgeot said. When there was only two weeks left, Seel and Natu had gotten into another fight, though it took awhile for everyone to realize that it wasn't practice. During the fight, Seel and Natu evolved. While Keshia was thrilled they evolved, Dewgong and Xatu used their new powers to only fight harder, requiring them to be broken up.
Two days left...
"Almost their, come on Lapras!" Jen said. Lapras was practicing Deminc Ice with Glaceon. As soon as the first spike came out of the ground, Glaceon knew where to run to avoid the attack, so Lapras was chasing after her, attempting to trap her as soon as possible. Glaceon continued to dance around the spikes with grace, until she slipped, giving Lapras the chance she needed to trap Glaceon within the ice. But, before the icy blue light appeared, Glaceon shattered the ice spikes into millions of shards with Arctic wind.
Nice job on finally catching me. I'd say that considering how long you manged to chase me, you have definatly mastered your move Glaceon said.
One day left, and Keshia couldn't sleep, therefor, neither could she let Jen sleep.
"Jen, I just can't go to sleep when the most important competition of my life is what I'll wake up to!" Keshia said.
"Look, Keshia, are you willing to be disqualified from falling asleep in a match? Thses will be the strongest trainers from this region, so I won't be able to cover for you." Jen said, yawning.
"Oh no, you're right!" Keshia said. With that, she ran to bed, trying her best to fall asleep.
"You don't always pick your friends Jen." Jen said to herself as she crawled into bed. The next morning, Jen and Keshia were up and moving, inable to sit still, heading for their first competition.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:15:01 AM
Charizard

Chapter 20: Attention please, your attention!" Nurse Joy said alound. The trainers in the lobby stopped and turned toward her.
"Thank you. Now, as you may not know, this is a special competition, a double battle competition. Please submit your pokedex's into the computer, and it will shuffle everyone into pairs. Whomever you're paired with will be you're partner for the entire competition." Nurse Joy said.
"Wait, we don't get to choose our partners?!?" Jen and Keshia said together.
"No, I'm afraid not. Now please, form a line and submit your pokedex's one at a time."
"I didn't count on this Jen. What are the odds we get paired up? There have to be over 200 trainers here, how can we keep our team together now?" Keshia said worryingly.
"I...I don't know. We just have to hope for the best." Jen said sadly. Once everyone had been submitted, the trainers ran for the several screens to see whom they had been paired with.
"Come on, come on, come onnnnnnn." Jen pleaded.
"Jen, look. Top left corner in the red block." Keshia said, not sounding too happy about it. Dismayed, Jen looked to where Keshia had pointed. She found her picture and saw who she had been paired up with to be...
"Don't scare me like that again! I was worried sick when you told me." Jen chastised.
"Hey, I'm sorry, but I had to do it. At least we are paired up, right?" Keshia said.
"Yeah, we are, and I should be thankful, but don't do that to me again, okay?" Jen said with a softer tone. The preliminaries began with Jen and Keshia beating everyone set against them.
"The preliminaries are over, and these 64 trainers are qualified to proceed. Check your opponent, and go to the area chosen for your match." Joy said. Jen spotted their opponent, and traced their path to the top, to see the final opponent marcked with a black question mark.
"That must be the mystery battler. Oh well, we'll fight them and win, one step at a time." Jen said. Jen and Keshia left for the stadium, with Leafeon and Glaceon sitting on the bench provided in the area.
"This shall be a two on two match. Begin!" The ref said.
"Its your time to shine Charmeleon!"
"You're the star now Xatu!"
"Go Scyther!"
"Go Beedrill!" Charmeleon immediatly struck Beedrill with Flamethrower, fainting it quickly. Charmeleon was only more surprised when he suddenly lit up in a bright white light.
Awsome! Now who's the king baby! Charizard said.
Still Elvis Jen said.
You don't let me have any fun Charizard complained.
Nonsense! There is a Scyther right infront of you Jen said.
Ooh you're right that is fun Charizard replied. Flamethrower fainted Scyther as easily as it did Beedrill.
"Why did I even bother showing up?" Keshia asked, smiling.
"I don't know. Who are you again?" Jen asked, smiling as well. The next day, Jen and Keshia were scheduled for an early match.
"This sahll be a four on four battle. Begin!"
"Its your time to shine, Luxio!"
"You're the star now Xatu!"
"Go Arcinine!"
"Go Alakazam!"
"Luxio, use thunderbolt straight up, I want to try something." Jen said.
"You choose now to experiment?" Keshia said. Luxio sent the attack atraight up, causing storm clouds to gather. Lighting bolts struck Luxio, though she didn't feel anything.
"Focus that energy into a single point!" Jen said. Luxio shut her eyes, concentrating on the energy surging through her, and a ball of lightning shaped infront of her.
"Now, fire Storm Blast!" Jen said. Luxio unleashed the energy, taking out Arcinine and Alakazam at the same time.
"Way to go Luxio! Anything you want to say Keshia?" Jen said.
"Um, way to go?" Keshia said.
"I like the name Storm Blast, don't you?" Jen asked.
Catchy Luxio agreed. Their opponents sent out two Primapes next.
"My turn to fight. Xatu blow them away with Psychic!" Keshia said. Xatu's eyes glowed as he focused on his targets, knocking them out when they were hit against the wall. Their next matches went by just as easily, Jen and Keshia getting more and more confident and relaxed as they progressed until...
"Jen and Keshia, please report to the arena for your final match. Your opponent shall be the mystery battler." The overcom said. They went to the arena, getting there before their opponent.
"Who ever it is, we can win and get that trophy! We are so cl- hey, where are you two going?" Jen asked. Leafeon and Glaceon were walking across the field, turned around and said Sorry Jen. We can't be with you this time. Good luck in your final match. With that, they ran to the other side of the field, where a section of water had just opened up. While Keshia was still confused, comprehension dawned on Jen.
"Keshia, whatever happpens, it has been a pleasure fighting with you." Jen said in a grave tone.
"What do you mean?" Keshia said. Jen pointed to the other side of the stadium, where a figure was slowly approaching.
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is a treat indeed. Now entering the stadium, the one, the only, grand champion Chris!" The announcer said.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:15:31 AM
Charizard

Chapter 21/Last chapter of Jen's Travels: "D-dad? Our opponent is my dad?!?" Jen exclaimed.
"Surprise." Chris said after letting out Gyarados into the pool.
"In this match, the champion will use only one pokemon at a time, though he may use six. Jen and Keshia are able to battle together, though they each have access to only three pokemon each. Begin!" The ref said. Gallade walked out onto the field, waiting for his opponents.
"Well, at least there is no shame in losing to you. It's your time to shine Ivysour!" Jen said.
"I take back what I said about easily winning this competition, but...You're the star now Xatu!" Keshia said. Gallade ran towards Xatu, Leaf blade at the ready, and took out Xatu in one shot.
"What?!? No, I can't believe this. No, keep focused. You're the star now Parasect!" Keshia said after returning Xatu. Gallade lashed out with Aura sphere, sending Parasect into the wall, fainted.
"Jen, am I alone in this or what? You're the star now Flareon!" Keshia said. Flareon was out for one second before being blasted with Focus blast.
"You can't blame me for that one, I didn't even see it." Jen said. Keshia just looked dismayed, staring at her fainted Flareon.
"Jen, I think I know why he took me out. He wants to test your strength one on one without interference, so good luck." Keshia said. She returned Flareon and went to sit down. Chris nodded at Jen, then went over to the ref and talked to him. The ref nodded and Chris went back to his place.
"Because of an unusual request, Jen now has full access to all six of her pokemon, but because of Keshia being eliminated, the field will be changed. Five minute brake." The ref said. Jen went over to sit by Keshia, who had just gotten back with some drinks.
"You won't win, but then again, no one does, do they?" Keshia asked.
"Nope. Completely undefeated. Good pep talk though." Jen said with a shadow of a smile.
"You can't fool me, we have been together for too long for me not to know you. You're terrified of losing too fast and easily, then having your dad be ashamed of you, am I right?" Keshia asked.
"Yes. I just didn't see this coming, and now, I scared that I didn't train enough." Jen said, shaking slightly.

Look at her. She is scared of facing us. If she knew ahead of time, she wouldn't be this way. I knew this would happen, I should have told her, or atleast given her a hint Chris said.
You couldn't and you knew it. What's done is done, so lets just get this over with, shall we? Gallade said. The field roulete began, and landed on a water field. Gyarados lept forward, to be greeted by Lapras.
"Demonic Ice!" Jen said. Lapras froze the entire pool, trapping Gyarados, while the first ice spike came up. Gyarados broke free of the ice, smacked Lapras with an Aqua tail, and lept back to his pool area after fainting Lapras.
"Okay then, that didn't work. It's your time to shine Pidgeot!" Jen said. Gallade went out to meet Pidgeot, and fired off multiple Aura spheres. Pidgeot managed to avoid each one thrown, until Gallade stopped and smiled. Confused, Pidgeot looked around to see he was surrounded by Aura spheres from every angle. Gallade made a movement with his arm, and all of them collided with Pidgeot at once. The attack was too much for him to take, as he fell into the pool.
"Try this one out. It's your time to shine Heracross!" Jen said. Heracross and Gallade were soon on the same small area, circling each other.
"Combat Claw!" Jen said. Heracross barely missed Gallade each time he swung. Gallade tripped Heracross with Leaf blade, then finished him off with an Aura sphere.
"Three pokemon down. Five minute brake." The ref said.
"I'm not doing so good." Jen said. The five minutes were up, and the field changed to a grassland. Gallade again strolled onto the field.
"Lets try this again. It's your time to shine Ivysour!" Jen said. Ivysour and Gallade stared each other down, daring the other to make the first move. Gallade sprang into action with Leaf blade. Ivysour defended himself with Wild vine, and when Gallade cut one vine, BOOM!
"Wow! What happened?" Jen asked.
I don't know. I guess I have a new reason to love Wild vine Ivysour responded. Gallade got to his feet, shook his head quickly, then prepared an Aura sphere.
"Wild vine!" Jen said. Several vines sped towards Gallade, though he was prepared this time. He jumped onto the vines, ran at Ivysour, and threw the Aura sphere from point blank range, causing some smoke. When it cleared, Ivysour was revealed to be fainted.
"It's your time to shine Luxio!" Jen said. Jolteon took Gallade's place as he went onto the field. Not wanting to stall, Jolteon summonded strom clouds, which struck out with four bolts of lightning at Luxio. As Jolteon was preparing Lightning Blitz, many more bolts struck Luxio.
"Jolteon, take it easy will yah?" Chris said.
"It isn't Jolteon dad. Luxio knows what to do with Lightning, or did you forget her element move already? Full power Storm Blast!" Jen said. A huge beam of electricity shot Jolteon into the wall, sending him deep. Everyone was silent, not believing what they saw, until Jolteon casually strolled out of the wall and back to the field.
"What?!? Not even a scratch on him. How?" Jen asked, purplexed.
"It would have worked on any pokemon but him. Pop quiz: What is Jolteon's ability?" Chris asked.
"Wait...Dang it! The sheer force of the attack was cancelled out with the electricity he gained with Volt absorb." Jen said sadly. Jolteon lashed out with a vicious Thunderbolts, taking out Luxio in a single shot. Jen returned Luxio, and held a pokeball in her hand while she thought about what to do next. After a minute, she pulled her arm back and took a stance as if she was about to through a ball in Baseball.

At that moment, Chris had never seen such passion and fire in her eyes, and had never been so proud.

"We fight as one Charizard!" Jen said. Charizard roared loudly, waiting for his opponent. Leafeon went out to fight Charizard. She soon surrounded him with Serenity Vein, shooting throns at him from every angle. Charizard, however, only seemed to get furious over this, shooting out Flamethrower at each vine, doing nothing. Charizard only got more enraged, causing the flame on his tail to grow to an alarming size. The fire covered Charizard in a crystal clear dome of flames, that, upon impact, the thorns were reflected back, colliding with others. The explosions destroyed the vines, leaving Leafeon dumbstruck.
"Now's your chance! Flamethrower!" Jen said. Charizard unleashed a massive jet of flames, scorching Leafeon while sending her hurtling into the wall.
"I think I'll call that other move Nova Mirror. Catchy, don't you think?" Jen said. Leafeon walked slowly back towards the field, but stopped before she was back on it.
I can't win, so I forfiet. Good luck Jen. You too Cinder Leafeon said.
Cinder? Jen asked.
I think it would be confusing since there are two Charizard, so I think a nickname is in order. What do you think? Leafeon asked.
I like it Cinder said. Umbreon went onto the field next, after the ref had awarded Jen the win. Umbreon started off with an Iron tail, smacking against Cinder's head. Umbreon's grin was cut short with a tail smacking him in the head just as hard.
Okay, so I got a fighter on my hands Umbreon said. The sky went dark suddenly, with the full moon out. Umbreon shot out a black orb into the sky, where it burst into multiple shards. While they hovered in the air, Cinder's wings burst into flames. The shards sped towards Cinder, who flapped his wings hard, sending multiple fire balls colliding with Midnight Rain.
"My my, Cinder. You're full of surprises today, aren't you? Hmm, how about Meteor Wing?" Jen said. Umbreon slashed Cinder with Shadow Claw, knocking the wind out of Cinder. Taking his chance, Umbreon followed through with a Shadow ball. Cinder stumbled a bit, then fell on his back when hit by an Iron tail. Cinder struggled to get up, but as he was almost on his feet, Jen walked onto the field, put a hand on his shoulder, and shook her head.
"You win again. Cinder is in no condition to take on the rest of your team. I surrender." Jen said.

Epiloque: After Jen and Keshia's defeat at the Indigo Platue, Keshia said she was going to explore the islands near Kanto. Jen went home with her dad and soon decided to relax for awhile and then travel in her home region, Johto. One week later...
Jen was in her room packing her supplies, then headed down stairs to be greeted by her family.
"I'm off for Johto. Heracross, I'll miss you, but promise I won't regret my decition to let you stay here and train with Gallade, okay?" Jen said. Heracross nodded, and with that she went to the door. Puzzled, she turned around and saw Leafeon and Glaceon weren't coming.
"What's wrong?" Jen asked.
We had our fun travelling in Kanto with you, but we have decided to stay here this time Leafeon said. Understanding, Jen nodded and left. On the road, Jen started talking to herself.
"Lets see, where do I go to register again?" Jen wondered.
In New Bark town, remember? A voice said. Jen jumped and, while still walking, she turned her head around to see Jolteon and Umbreon following her.
Good thing we decided to come, otherwise you wouldn't have even been able to register Umbreon said grinning. Jen smiled and resumed walking, on her way with Umbreon and Jolteon, to Johto's Silver Conference
Old December 2, 2010, 04:05:10 PM
Magikarp

what next?