Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 23, 2011, 01:07:11 PM
Kyurem

Default Everyone Versus You [Mature Content, possibly]

You're all walking down a city street at night. There's light traffic, and after what you've all been through in the last few days, it's nice to take a break from it all. But suddenly, you notice a convoy of three SUVs coming towards you. Jack Robinson was the first to notice, and said to the others, "Run."

He leads you across the street to where you can get away easier. But one of the SUVs stops in front of you, and before you know it you're surrounded. Someone gets out of one of the cars. "Well well," he said. "Look at what we have here. Three traitors."

"How did you know we were here?!" Jack ordered from the man.

"We have connections and technology. We know exactly where you are at any given moment." The anonymous man said. Some more people came out of the cars and you find yourselves all being held at gunpoint. "Now now," the man said, "let's see what information we can get out of you, eh?"

Last edited by NismoZ; December 31, 2011 at 01:36:58 PM. Reason: dammit i forgot the name of my own character
Old December 23, 2011, 01:30:43 PM
Shaymin

Kellie glance around curious of the men and decided to act. "What? Traitors? Indeed you are mistaken, at least about me. I would never sell any secrets to anyone." She lied heftily under her breath.

Last edited by MaRcHiNg12step; December 23, 2011 at 02:02:48 PM.
Old December 23, 2011, 01:51:08 PM
Kyurem

"You know damn well what you did," the man holding Kellie at gunpoint said. Meanwhile, another one of them was loading Jack into the back of one of the SUVs, when he broke the man's grip and slammed the tailgate on him, knocking him out cold, and getting the attention of the others.
Old December 23, 2011, 02:06:52 PM
Shaymin

Kellie grabbed the man's arm and tried to wrestle the gun out of his hand. She was smaller but cold manage quite well. She had some formal training with close range shooter but it was slightly useless compared to body mass.
Old December 23, 2011, 03:50:08 PM
Landorus

Vinnie's hand unconsciously slipped to his coat pocket. "Now, gentlemen." he said casually. "We don't want no trouble." Another man from the mob shouted at him. "Shaddup, Vinyardi! We all know whatcha all did! Your time's up!"

"Not so tough when we don't got no distance between us, eh, Vinnie?" another jeered.

"Now hold on, folks." Vinnie said. "You don't wanna push us too hard, see?" He put his hand on Jackson's shoulder. "This guy here, don'tcha remember him? I know he don't look too bright, but he's gotta temper on 'im. And I don't think he's the guy you wanna cheese off, if ya ever wanna be able to eat again, catch my drift? he said, nudging Jacksn with his elbow, signaling to play along with the act.
Old December 24, 2011, 05:01:29 PM
Shaymin

Kellie wrestled the gun out finally, and pointed it into the air. Covering one ear, she shot blankly in the air to catch their attention. She waited patiently for them to turn around and look at her.
Old December 24, 2011, 05:20:25 PM
Kyurem

Kellie's move was a mistake. All of a sudden she noticed that almost everyone had noticed her fire the first shot - albeit a warning shot - and she had several guns pointing in her direction.

Good distraction. Jack decided it was the perfect time to make a move. He rushed to the driver's side door of the nearest SUV, and wrestled the driver out. With so much experience carjacking, it was natural to him. He started driving into the small crowd, forcing others out of the way. He then signaled the others to get in.
Old December 24, 2011, 06:01:19 PM
Shaymin

Kellie, scared she was going to die, jumped in almost immediately. the gun she posessed still had some bullets. She figured it would be helpful. "Thanks," she said to Jack as soon as she was in the SUV.
Old December 25, 2011, 04:29:36 AM
Landorus

Vinnie jumped in and pulled the somewhat lifeless Jackson into the SUV with him. He climbed into the backseat and salvaged his rifle from his suitcase. "I owe ya, what, three solids now?" Vinnie said to Jack.
Old December 25, 2011, 05:58:37 AM
Kyurem

Jack wrestled his way out of the mess and bolted, gunshots firing from the others. He drove it a couple of miles, and left it. "Now, I don't know about you, but I'm going back to my apartment, just up the road." Jack said, and with that, he left.

The next day, Jack had told the others to meet up at the bowling alley parking lot. He turned up later than the others, in his ratty old Crown Vic, one of the most anonymous cars money can buy. "Just one thing before we do anything," he mentioned, gesturing to a black SUV that happened to be in the parking lot with them, "*******s must have been bugging our phones or something."
Old December 25, 2011, 03:17:49 PM
Shaymin

"Leaving them?" Kellie asked bluntly as she pulled her Blackberry and PDA. This was her seventh phone and fifth PDA since joining the mafia. "I better get my ****in' PDA back!" Kellie held up the light blue PDA with KMG engraved nicely in.

Last edited by MaRcHiNg12step; December 25, 2011 at 03:17:59 PM.
Old December 25, 2011, 04:10:01 PM
Landorus

Vinnie took out his phone. "Tch. I had this baby modded for upgraded sound quality." he groaned. "You know how much that cost? I'm still in debt for that! Those punks better pay their share for messin' with my LRND (Long-Range Negotiations Device)."
Old December 25, 2011, 05:25:05 PM
Kyurem

Jack pulled out his ancient flip phone from his pocket. "Hm. Well, they say a crappy phone that picks up everything makes a great bug, and I saw a couple of suspicious people in the bowling alley having a conversation. Kellie, I'm gonna call you and you pick up." Jack slipped into the building, dialed Kellie's number, and hid the phone near the two people. He then came out. "Put in on speaker," he said.

"Dude, they'll be distracted. They won't notice a car slip out," one of the people said.
"But I'm sure they've noticed it already," another chimed in, "they'll probably notice it. And where we'll park it will be blatantly suspicious."
"Hey, hey, they'll only notice it once they go to leave, at which point we make a move," the first said.
"Alright, that's sound enough." And with that, the conversation ended.

Jack had an idea. He ran to his car, and quickly moved it behind the SUV. He also had time to get out and lean against it smugly. The two men got out of the building, and to their surprise, their car had been boxed in. "Remind me again why we all drive these?" One of them said.
"Did you spot anybody who looked remarkably like me leave a cell phone near you two?" Jack said to them, still being smug, "Thank you for your ignorance." Unsurprisingly, Jack found a gun to his head.

((also, I doubt Gatorade's gonna be in this any time soon, he hasn't been online for a few days))

Last edited by NismoZ; December 25, 2011 at 05:27:43 PM.
Old December 25, 2011, 05:32:37 PM
Shaymin

Kellie remembered the gun she had gotten yesterday, however she didn't want to risk Jack getting injured. Instead she ran toward him with the gun ready just in case. She quickly attempted to pull him away from the men but still managing to hold the gun in her purse.
Old December 25, 2011, 06:09:17 PM
Kyurem

As Kellie pulled Jack away, Jack, anticipating it, ducked. The man fired a shot and missed, and Jack went and ducked behind his car, and pulled out his gun. At this point, a small crowd had gathered. "Alright, let's face it," Jack said, "Neither of us want to kill the other with this crowd here. We can leave this for later or something."
"You might not, but..." the man said, and a few seconds later there was a gunshot.
"...The **** was that?" Jack said, but when he got up to see what happened, he couldn't believe what had happened. Jackson's body, on the ground, dead. Now enraged, Jack jumped up onto the roof of the car and tackled him. He then got up and shot the killer. Now the other man was armed, but Jack wrestled the gun out of his hand, and hit him over the head with it, knocking him out.

((Yes, Gatorade did pull out, and I decided killing him would be the more... fun thing to do.))

Last edited by NismoZ; December 25, 2011 at 06:26:08 PM.
Old December 26, 2011, 03:45:43 PM
Shaymin

Kellie stayed behind the car. "Should I help?" She contemplated this for about thirty seconds before deciding to stay put. She always jumped the gun. Despite the fact she used to get out of any situation, Kellie was off on a bad streak.
Old December 26, 2011, 06:35:55 PM
Landorus

Vinnie ducked next to Kellie. "Ugh..." he groaned again. "This ain't my line of work." he said. "From now on, I think I'll lag behind you guys a bit." he pulled his backup luger out of his pocket and threw his hat up into the air. It came back down with seven visible holes in it.
Old December 26, 2011, 06:56:16 PM
Shaymin

"Trust me, I'm not used to this either." Kellie checked to see how many bullets were left. "Four." Kellie took her four shots in a pray-and-spray fashion hoping she hit someone. "If I was, I'd do better."
Old December 27, 2011, 07:00:22 AM
Kyurem

Jack got up and looked around. "Alright, we're clear," he said to the others, "We can discuss our plans back at my apartment, someone's probably called the cops on us." They all got in his car, and things went fine right up until the intersection right outside the bowling alley, when they pulled up next to a couple members of the mob on the right hand side. The driver shouted "Hey, it's them!" and rolled his window down, readying his gun.
Old December 27, 2011, 04:17:10 PM
Shaymin

Kellie ducked below the seat and waited for heavy gun fire to start. "Jesus. Is there anywhere we can go?" She hugged her knees tightly and closed her eyes. Kellie's irrational fear of death started kicking in. "I just want to go away from this."
Old December 27, 2011, 04:35:14 PM
Kyurem

"There are only a couple guys, we should be fine!" Jack said, as he ducked down to avoid the immediate gunfire. He then fired a few shots without bothering to roll down the passenger window, and killed the driver. By that point the lights were green, and he gunned it. "I've been meaning to sell this thing before something bad inevitably happened to it," He said, "Don't think it'll be worth much now with the added bulletholes.

((I admit, I've been going hard on you ever since this started. I'll try to get in a part without constant fights.))
Old December 28, 2011, 01:13:23 PM
Shaymin

Kellie got back in her seat. "We done for now?" Kellie looked quizzically at Jack through the rear view mirror, arms crossed and tilted. She wanted the answer immediately without sarcasm.
Old December 29, 2011, 06:37:20 AM
Landorus

Vinnie took out a rag and started polishing his rifle. "I hope so. I need some time. Maybe I could contact the Kitakis... They're pretty understanding."
Old December 29, 2011, 08:18:40 AM
Shaymin

Kellie relaxed and threw her head back. "Where are we headed?" Kellie closed her eyes and started daydreaming. She was tired.
Old December 29, 2011, 08:32:38 AM
Kyurem

"Back to my apartment to pick something up," Jack said, "I think it's safe to say we should get out of the city." He pulled into the parking lot, and parked next to a brand new Aston Martin convertible. "I've had the money for a few months, but they've never let me get it; too conspicuous." He got out of his Crown Vic into the Aston, and started it up. "I've already booked a hotel in a nearby city. Anything you guys need to pick up before we pack out of here?"
Old December 29, 2011, 08:55:38 AM
Shaymin

"Nothing for me." Kellie raided her purse to make sure. She had $600 in cash, all her cards, her real and fake ID, some make up, a toothbrush, and her camera. She figured it was all she needed. She pulled the camera and turned it on.
Old December 29, 2011, 01:04:48 PM
Landorus

"I carry everything I need on me." Vinnie said. "As for other things, I can make those up." He didn't bother looking in his suitcase. he had gotten a good look at it when he retrieved his gun.
Old December 29, 2011, 01:45:24 PM
Shaymin

"Did you go to college?" Kellie asked as she flipped through the camera. It was filled with her friends except for the last three, a computer chip, a beer bottle, and a code print out. She didn't remember taking those.
Old December 29, 2011, 02:18:49 PM
Landorus

"Who, me?" Vinnie replied. "Well, yeah, but I dropped out, 'cause I got bored. Might've majored in business, but oh well." He started habitually cracking his knuckles. "Store managers ain't allowed to hold a rifle on duty, y'know?"
Old December 29, 2011, 02:30:31 PM
Shaymin

"I woulda thought engineerin'. My bad." Kellie put her camera back in her purse and brushed her hair back behind her ear. She didn't want to bring up her school life for certain reasons.
Old December 29, 2011, 02:40:04 PM
Kyurem

Jack noticed the confusion on Kellie's face while she was flipping through the camera. "Oh, sorry about that," he said, "I had to borrow that." He sighed. "...It's how I got thrown out. I reported them. A big argument ensued and the end result was a command to kill me on sight. I'd rather not talk about that." While he was talking, he had reloaded his gun and packed his bag in the Aston.
Old December 29, 2011, 02:50:18 PM
Shaymin

"It's okay. Trust me, that's better than me, but..a.. I don't go inda detail unless ya ask." Kellie looked out the window and and ran her fingers through her hair. She was wanted by the police and the mafia.
Old December 29, 2011, 03:34:43 PM
Kyurem

They were about to go, when a police car pulled into the parking lot. "****, it's the cops. Get in the car!" He tried to pass them without them noticing, but they noticed almost immediately. They had to make a 3-point turn, which gave Jack some room to get away, but they got stuck at a red light, and the cops quickly caught up.
Old December 29, 2011, 03:48:59 PM
Shaymin

"I dunno 'bout y'all, but i can't caught. I already got a few charges on me." Kellie crouched down to stay out of sight. "If we get caught, I blame Jack."
Old December 29, 2011, 04:01:24 PM
Kyurem

"It gets worse, too; the cops know me by my alias, but this is licensed under myself. So according to them, this is stolen." The lights turned green, and Jack started his plan that he had formulated while the lights were red. He ducked into oncoming traffic to overtake the cars in front of them, and before anything could go wrong, he turned onto the interstate. "Man, that was a close call," he said, "but I don't think they'd be able to catch me here if I put my foot down."
Old December 29, 2011, 04:13:06 PM
Shaymin

"Don't cha have a few different aliases?" Kellie sat back up and subconsiously ranted. "I'm glad the cops didn't catch us. This would look like a terrible situation. A "stolen" vehicle with three ex-mob members. Plus if I get caught, I'm guaranteed the death penalty."
Old December 29, 2011, 04:49:26 PM
Kyurem

"Just one thing before we leave this place." Jack said, as he turned off the interstate, "I left my phone back at the bowling alley, and we'll need some form of communication if anything happens." He parked the car on the street, and headed into an AT&T store. About a half hour later, a couple of people came and noticed the car. They came up to it, and went for Kellie; one of them held her in a necklock, and held up his badge. "Police. You just got busted."
Old December 29, 2011, 04:59:37 PM
Shaymin

"Let me guess. Murder and evasion of police." Kellie smiled. She figured it was only a matter of time. She didn't fight it though. "Is the family seeking the death penalty?" Somehow Kellie maintained her "innocent" nature.
Old December 30, 2011, 08:39:16 AM
Landorus

"I wouldn't try anything, gentlemen." Vinnie said with a smirk on his face. "From here I got a pretty good view of all your heads." He st leaned back in the car with his scope pointed at the face of the cop holding Kellie. "Now just put the pretty girl down, walk away, and we'll pretend none of this ever happened, deal?"
Old December 30, 2011, 09:12:23 AM
Shaymin

"I'd listen to him." Kellie looked sweetly up at him. She batted her eyes and prayed this would work. "He's serious."
Old December 30, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
Kyurem

Jack, completely oblivious to what was going on, came out of the store with the phone. Then he noticed who was taking Kellie. "...Jimmy?"
Jimmy noticed that he was caught. "Okay, okay, you got me. I'm not actually a cop. In fact, I'm one of you. And I have some advice to give, although I wasn't gonna tell you or... the other one because from what I've seen you're both whiney little *****es. Plus, Kellie would be the easiest target." He hushed his voice. "Alright, stick to the interstate. The cops won't dare touch it, and it'll give the mob a harder time."
"Thanks," Jack said, "And next time, if you're pretending to be a cop, play it by the book." He put the roof up and headed for the highway.
Old December 30, 2011, 03:25:07 PM
Landorus

"He's lucky my trigger finger isn't itchy." Vinnie proclaimed. "I could've really hurt him."
Old December 30, 2011, 03:52:58 PM
Shaymin

"I'm offended. Oh well, I'm over it. Who's Jimmy?" Kellie was naturally curious about these things.
Old December 30, 2011, 04:37:16 PM
Kyurem

"An old friend. He was always rebellious, and he seems to have gotten on their good side." They rode on in silence, until something caught Jack's eye. A car overtook them, and then turned into their lane. A few seconds later, another one pulled up next to them, and another behind. They forced them onto the shoulder, and slowed. He looked for an opening, but there wasn't enough space between the car at the front and the guardrail. He figured the best thing to do was stay in the car. "We're not bulletproof, but it's better than getting out and shooting them. We're damn sure outnumbered."
Old December 30, 2011, 04:41:42 PM
Shaymin

"Damn people." Kellie got extremely angry. "This is a friggin' interstate. NOT a place to play ****in' cat and mouse."
Old December 30, 2011, 07:33:47 PM
Landorus

"This would be an excellent time for someone else to bail us out." Vinnie said, not seeming to be surprised. "I feel so god**** helpless here."

Last edited by Idno58; December 30, 2011 at 07:33:58 PM.
Old December 30, 2011, 07:42:28 PM
Shaymin

"Who would bail us out, huh?" Kellie was slightly more mean now. "**** 'em."
Old December 31, 2011, 05:02:03 AM
Kyurem

"I know who can bail us out," Jack said, "Any civilian coming along here." The mob were starting to crowd around the driver's side door. Jack opened the window and desperately tried to stall them. "Haven't really thought this through, have you?"
"And how do you make that out?" One of them said.
"Well, you've got a car in front and behind on the shoulder, which is alright, but then you have one parked on the road..." Jack looked behind and saw a flatbed truck in the right hand lane. Upon coming closer, the driver locked up his brakes, and slammed into the back of the car in that lane. Jack closed the window and headed out.
Old December 31, 2011, 08:32:28 AM
Shaymin

"I'm impressed Jack." Kellie leaned back and closed her eyes. She was thoroughly relieved. "This isn't long lived it is?"
Old January 1, 2012, 03:44:39 PM
Landorus

"I think we should contact one of the other mobs." Vinnie suggested. "It's risky, but I don't have any better ideas."
Old January 1, 2012, 04:14:01 PM
Kyurem

"That's probably not a good idea. They're all interconnected, so if they've all been ordered to kill us, then they'll be on us until we find somewhere to stay far out of the way, or leave the country. And even then we won't be entirely safe. They'll do whatever they can to kill us."

Amazingly, a good half hour passed in peace, until Jack had to pull into a service station for fuel. It was a full service station, which Jack felt relieved about; he didn't have to get out of the car. Quite shortly after they started filling up - and after a comment from the pump jockey - the ambush happened.

At least twenty people came armed from everywhere, and immediately started firing. Jack fired a few shots back, but they were hopelessly outnumbered.
Old January 1, 2012, 06:26:53 PM
Landorus

"I'm not even surprised anymore." Vinnie mumbled as he lay down under the seat of the car. "I need to get ahold of some grenades or something."
Old January 1, 2012, 08:17:09 PM
Shaymin

Kellie massaged her temple thinking. "Plans?" She had a hint of doubt in her voice as she slipped below the window view.
Old January 2, 2012, 07:12:36 AM
Kyurem

By this point the mob had decided to conserve their bullets and only fire when they had a sure shot. Jack glanced at the fuel pump. "Seven gallons... we're about half full." he muttered to himself. A few seconds passed before he decided on a plan of action. "That's it, I'm bailing."

The pump jockey had long since fled, so he had to get out of the car. When he did, he had noticed that somehow, a small fire had started. Amazingly, he had managed to put the pump back and close the filler cap without getting shot. He got back into the car, started the engine, and got out of the place as fast as possible, screeching the rear tires on the way out. And just in time as well, as when Jack looked behind, still on the sliproad leading back onto the interstate, the gas station was already up in flames.
Old January 2, 2012, 07:56:42 AM
Landorus

"Great. More reason to want us dead." Vinnie groaned. "This is getting old fast."
Old January 2, 2012, 08:50:14 AM
Shaymin

"I vote we head toward Mexico. Just saying." Kellie had a contact or two in Mexico city.
Old January 3, 2012, 09:18:07 AM
Kyurem

"The border patrol might be a bit suspicious, but if we play the right cards, we could get it to work out." Jack said. "All I know is, we're not going to Canada. Let's just say I've had a bit of a run-in with the border patrol there. Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that we're in Virginia now." He took an exit off of the interstate, and a few minutes later, you find yourself at a Mariott hotel.
Old January 3, 2012, 04:15:45 PM
Shaymin

"Where in Virginia?" Kellie glanced to see if she recognized anything.
Old January 3, 2012, 05:22:07 PM
Kyurem

"Leesburg, way upstate," Jack said. After finding a parking space and checking in, he handed his bag and the keycard to Kellie. "Take these up to the room, I gotta do something. Someone must've hit me at the gas station or somewhere, because I got a taillight out, and I need to fix it before the cops get on me." And with that, he left for a workshop.
Old January 3, 2012, 05:35:22 PM
Shaymin

Kellie carried the bags up to the room. Dead tired she fell on the bed and took a nap. It was nice without constant fighting.
Old January 4, 2012, 02:30:14 AM
Landorus

Vinnie sat in the chair in front of the window. He felt at ease sitting above the city, watching over everything, and able to end any life in sight if he so wished. He took the phone from the nightstand and dialed the number.

"Hey, Wocky. It's me." He said. "You can probably guess I'm in a bit of trouble."

"Vinnie? Vinnie Vinyardi, izzat you? We got a warnin' sayin' that you're a walkin' dead man!"

"Yeah, yeah, listen, I don't want no trouble. I need a delivery. How about twenty pineapples and thirty cans of grape soda? On my tab, of course."

"Whatever. But listen, I ain't gonna take no blame if you get in trouble for this, aight, Vinnie?"

"Of course. Thanks, pal. I knew I could count on ya." He put the phone back on the hook and sit back in his chair, continuing to watch the highway.
Old January 4, 2012, 04:57:30 AM
Kyurem

A while later, you heard a knock on the door, and Jack's voice. "I forgot to ask for a second keycard!" When he was let in, he sat on one of the beds. "I think I've just got myself a contact. The GPS led me to an AutoZone in the darker parts of town. I had to get a passerby to help test the light for me, and that led to this."
Old January 4, 2012, 04:41:27 PM
Shaymin

Kellie woke up and sat up. "Hey guys. What did I miss?"
Old January 7, 2012, 12:24:00 AM
Keldeo

Michael just placed his hand in his pocket, as he walked around where ever everyone else, except.. On his own. "Well well. This is gonna be a challenge. Taking on everyone else, with just a handgun. I must say, the odds are against me, but.. I'll just have to try even harder." he laughed. "But.. I never really was on their side." he took out his handgun, briefly, before spinning it back into his pocket. "..Bring it on, everyone else from there"
Old January 7, 2012, 06:17:05 PM
Kyurem

Jack looked over at Vinnie, and then responded to Kellie. "Well, by the looks of things, nothing's happened here. But I got a new contact. His name's Moe, and I think he might just be able to bail us out of a bad situation." He checked his phone. "Damn, all this has happened and it's only noon. Come on, let's go get some lunch." After leaving the hotel to the parking lot and unlocking the Aston, a few people came storming out of a GMC van parked a few spaces away and started firing. Jack ducked behind the car. He got up to fire a few shots and examine the situation. He ducked back down. "Well, escaping the mob brings a new problem, which is gangs."
Old January 8, 2012, 07:48:12 AM
Landorus

"Good." Vinnie said. "They're far enough away that I can.." he took out his rifle, aimed, and shot the hand of the man on point. His gun flew out of his hand. "That oughtta scare 'em, at least." Vinnie remarked.
Old January 8, 2012, 11:32:28 AM
Keldeo

(..I feel so behind. Where is everyone?)
Old January 8, 2012, 11:42:25 AM
Kyurem

(To my knowledge, you're not with the party at the moment. But I actually purposefully gave you and Elaine a good opportunity to join in. If you want to know the context, read what's happened so far.)
Old January 8, 2012, 12:22:10 PM
Keldeo

(I'm definately not with the party, I know that.. But there's five pages of things to read through.. Couldn't you just put it all in a nutshell?)
Old January 8, 2012, 12:27:41 PM
Kyurem

(Basically, we all started in an unidentified city that I've now decided was in Maryland. Then, after lots of attacks from the mob (and some trouble with the cops), my character led everyone to a hotel he had booked in Virginia. Now everyone will be facing some different problems.)
Old January 8, 2012, 03:44:36 PM
Shaymin

Kellie was crouched behind a small Ford pick-up truck arked close to the hotel. It wasn't until she heard the shots stop, she decided to raise her head to assess the situation.
Old January 9, 2012, 12:16:52 AM
Keldeo

(Ah. I see. Thanks! I'll post later. I've gotta go to school now.)
Old January 10, 2012, 04:48:47 PM
Kyurem

Jack noticed that there weren't actually too many of them; only about four. Two of them went for Kellie, one for Vinnie, and one went for Jack. Jack anticipated him coming, and managed to wrestle him to the ground. He took his gun, and pulled the trigger. Nothing. His clip had run out, and now he couldn't finish him off. Worse yet, he was defenseless. The man grabbed his gun which he had dropped, and tried to finish him off. His gun was out too. After a few seconds of silence, the man got up, and hit Jack over the head with his gun. Jack was out cold.
Old January 10, 2012, 05:06:51 PM
Landorus

Vinnie strapped the rifle to his back and dashed toward the man targeting him, serpenting wildly as to not get shot. When he got close enough, he wrenched the pistol out of the man's hands and punched him square in the jaw, knocking him out. (Those Kitakis and their crazy ninja moves they teach me.) Vinnie thought. (I swear, those guys are just a buncha attention hogs.) it was then when he noticed another man trying to pick up the limp body of Jack. "Not on my watch, buddy." Vinnie said as he aimed his rifle. He shot the foot of the man, who crumpled to the ground. He picked up the pistol he had confiscated from his adversary, wondering why he hadn't brought one, and ran toward Jack. He figured Kellie was better off if he was at a distance.

Last edited by Idno58; January 10, 2012 at 05:07:06 PM.
Old January 10, 2012, 05:38:22 PM
Shaymin

Kellie managed to find crowbar in the bed of the pick up truck. Taking a swing at one of the men as if she was playing softball, Kellie cut a nice sweep to the jaw facturing it and knocking him to the ground. The other man grabbed Kellie and wrapped his arm around her neck. In a frenzy, she knocked her head back in full force. When he let go, Kellie hit him over the head with the crowbar knocking him unconscious and potentially causing a concussion.

Last edited by MaRcHiNg12step; January 10, 2012 at 05:39:49 PM.
Old January 13, 2012, 08:09:09 AM
Keldeo

Michael, of course, didn't know what was going on with the group. He just walked around whatever city he found himself in, prob'ly whichever one the group was in.. When he heard all the noise. "..Huh? I wonder.. Nah. Can't be. The cops couldn't have suddenly grown brains and discovered me." he shrugged, ignoring the noise.
He really could care less what was going on. It probably wasn't anything to do with him, he figured, as he sat down on the ground where he was standing.
Old January 13, 2012, 02:27:30 PM
Shaymin

Kellie headed over to Jack and Vinny. "Is he okay?" Kellie knelt down and checked on Jack. She wasn't concerned with what hapened as long as he wasn't dead.
Old January 13, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
Kyurem

Jack's injuries weren't actually too bad. His temple was bleeding where it was hit, and there was a pretty big bruise. All of a sudden, you notice that a black Mercedes had come and parked nearby, and a man had gotten out. He was black-skinned, not all that tall, and was reasonably bulky. He looked to be in his thirties. He looked around. "Damn, I missed all the action?" Silence. He walked over to Vinnie and Kellie, and shook their hands. "Oh, I'm Moe, Jack's new contact. I got a tip these guys were going after you."
Old January 13, 2012, 05:13:44 PM
Shaymin

"I'm Kellie." She smiled and turned her attention back to Jack. Noticing the blood, Kellie quickly tore a piece of fabric of her shirt and placed it on Jack's temple. She lightly pressed down to help blood clotting. "It's temporary but will help."
Old January 14, 2012, 10:12:16 AM
Landorus

(We can't call an ambulance, it'll draw too much attention.) Vinnie thought. He turned to Moe. "Name's Vinnie." he said quickly. "Hey, you got any first aid stuff? I'm afraid Jack here's the only one of us with any idea of what to do, him being the gettaway guy and all."

Just then, a sand-colored Subaru pulled up in the lot. A young Asian man in his early twenties walked out and approached Vinnie. He wore a nylon coat with the picture of a yellow fox's head on the back; the Kitaki symbol. He gave Vinnie a suitcase and Vinnie exchanged a wad of money for it. "Thanks, Wocky." Vinnie said nonchalantly. "Hey, you got any first aid on you as well?"

Wocky looked at him with disdain. "You owe me, Vinyardi. If my dad figures out about this, I'm a dead man. And if I'm a dead man, you're even more of a dead man." With that pleasant remark, he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a swab of Hydrogen Peroxide and some bandages. After he gave them to Vinnie, he walked back to his Subaru and pulled out of the lot.

Vinnie cleaned Jack's wound with the swab and covered it with the bandages. "I think that's about all we can do for now." he said.
Old January 15, 2012, 08:51:01 AM
Shaymin

"Kitaki? How do you know him?" Kellie was curious. She kept her attention on Jack and ignored her surroundings however. Jack was the one who tied them together.
Old January 15, 2012, 10:36:58 AM
Landorus

"Well, in the negotiation business, you meet a lot of people, y'kow?" Vinnie said. "Wocky used to be an Ace man, a wiz with a knife. But, one day during a turf war, he got shot in the chest. He recovered nicely, but he can't fight anymore, so he's their ambassador now, since he's the boss's son. I met him during weapon trading. We hit off real well."

After reminiscing about his old friend, he turned to Moe. "So, Mr. Contact." he said. "What other kind of info ya got? We're a bit lost here."

Last edited by Idno58; January 15, 2012 at 10:37:46 AM.
Old January 15, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
Shaymin

"Oh." Kellie, in concern for Jack, rested two fingers on his neck just below the jaw line to check for a pulse. Then she promptly placed her free hand on Jack's chest to check for regular breathing. Kellie was always skeptical when it came to someone's health even if they appeared to fine. Maybe it was her past. Kellie checked on everyone when they came back from a turf war. Kellie sighed slowly and continued to examine his injuries.
Old January 15, 2012, 06:45:03 PM
Kyurem

"Those guys are... actually, I can't remember off the top of my head." Moe said to Vinnie. "They're out to kill me, and by the looks of it they're after Jack, too." Meanwhile, Jack had gotten up fast enough to bump heads with Kellie. He was alright, and there was time to spare before something bad inevitably happened. He went and grabbed his gun, and then went to the trunk of the car, got a clip out of his bag, and reloaded. Moe was on the other side of the parking lot, by the road, and reported back to them. "****, we gotta go, now." Jack got in the car, and tried to start it. Nothing happened. He cursed. Moe had come over by this point, and, aware that the car wouldn't start, called over "Quick, you can borrow the Merc!" Jack took his police scanner out of the Aston, and after the others got in the back, Jack got in the driver's seat of Moe's Mercedes, with Moe riding shotgun. Then they stormed out of the parking lot, with Jack unaware of what they were trying to get away from.

(sorry if my writing is crap, but I'm tired)

Last edited by NismoZ; January 15, 2012 at 06:45:44 PM.
Old January 15, 2012, 07:02:22 PM
Shaymin

Kellie Sat in the backseat rubbing where Jack had bumped into it but, in a caprious state, decided to raid her purse for a notepad. She had every little note that popped in her head on it including the number of her deceased brother whose phone is currently in the posession of a sap. Kellie called it once and the man on the other end was in autobody repair. She wasn't sure if he could help now, but he was a nice little contact she had saved.
Old January 15, 2012, 07:16:49 PM
Landorus

Vinnie looked behind him out of the rear window. Like Jack, he was ignorant as to what they were running from. He started to doubt the dependability of Jacks contact. However, he figured that as Jack's occupation as a driver made him quick to run away, Vinnie's negotiation trade made him suspicious of a man's true intentions. He figured he would say nothing and pull out his rifle for now, and let Jack focus on driving.
Old January 16, 2012, 08:58:05 AM
Kyurem

Not long afterwards, Jack saw who he was trying to get away from. A van identical to the one back in the parking lot, with the sliding back doors open. Jack could easily get away in any other situation, but they were on city streets, already weaving in and out of traffic. Jack had a clear disadvantage here, and so did his best to stay in front of them and hold them off. After a while, there was a red light in front of them. The only thing he could legally - and safely - do was to turn right into the parking lot of a shopping mall. He found a gap in the traffic, and ducked in. He heard the sound of screeching tires and horns behind him, which meant that the van chasing them must have gotten stuck in the traffic.
Old January 16, 2012, 02:46:35 PM
Zoroark

Avery Branford
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Evening had now reared its ugly head. "I should have left home earlier. Time just flies before ya know it," Avery thought to herself as she was staring out the window of her train. "A new beginning. The mafia won't even know where I'm at once I leave this train; I won't have to constantly look behind my back out of sheer paranoia," she chuckles. The train was almost at the stop. Avery was...alone.

Boarding the train was jumping off of a cliff thinking that a bungee cord was keepin' ya safe. Leaving the train was the bungee cord snapping while ya reach for something that isn't there. Ya fall into the abyss known as anxiety, and before ya know it, insanity takes over ya. The dark-haired girl sighed as she sat back in her seat laying her arms in her lap. "It sucks badly that I'm alone on this trip. Usually gramps would've come with me. Maybe running away wasn't my best plan."
Old January 16, 2012, 03:44:58 PM
Shaymin

Kellie swallowed her extreme nervousa and sat still. She was extremely uncomfortable knowing that a few cars behind them wer people trying to kill them. Suddenly Kellie became skeptical of Jack's contact. He seemed shady. "I wonder what's his deal," Kellie thought with disregards.
Old January 16, 2012, 06:37:48 PM
Kyurem

"Hey, we've both got the same guys after us," Jack said, as he tried to bury himself in the parking lot as best he could. "I just came back because I have a good few contacts over here. I came here a few times on my time off. Those mob guys drive you crazy sometimes, y'know?" He parked the car, and took the others into the mall. "C'mon, they'll attract more attention in here, and that's exactly what we need."
Old January 17, 2012, 02:29:52 AM
Landorus

Vinnie made sure his rifle was well hidden in his new suitcase before continuing. He followed Jack into the mall and put on his negotiation demeanor, which was very calm, focused, and natural; like any New Yorker walking down the streets. (That wasn't in a foul mood.)
Old January 17, 2012, 04:15:55 PM
Shaymin

Kellie followed quickly behind the two. Nervously she fixed her hair and scratched her face slighty. It was to control her nerves. Kellie had always been flightly and anxious. First of all, she was already excessively nervous because of the mafia chasing them and to add to the panic, she was afraid of large crowds.
Old January 17, 2012, 04:22:46 PM
Kyurem

Jack looked around. They had come into the food court. "Now, before they manage to find us, I'm gonna get a bite to eat. I'm starving." He headed off with Moe to a Burger King.
Old January 17, 2012, 04:54:05 PM
Shaymin

Kellie rocked back and forth on her heels. Her patience and calm were slowly deteriorating as she was pushed in the crowd. "Stupid people," Kellie muttered to herself. Suddenly she found herself swiped in the crowd of hurried shoppers.
Old January 19, 2012, 03:09:22 PM
Kyurem

They actually lasted quite a while. Jack and Moe were at the front of the line placing their orders when they were found. Jack couldn't even count them while they were storming in before he had to make a move. He got his gun from out of nowhere, kept it pointed at them. They knew that it was a bad idea to start firing with all these civilians around. And honestly, Jack was glad that he was in that situation.
Old January 19, 2012, 06:42:38 PM
Shaymin

Kellie rushed into the ladies' restroom. There was a line of sparkling white sinks backed against a smudgy but relatively clean mirror. The stall were all closed but unlocked andfloor was in mosaic form tiling. Kellie immediate threw some water on the face, making some of her make up run. Then she dried her face off. Kellie was ready to reface the swarm of people.
Old January 19, 2012, 11:30:42 PM
Keldeo

Michael decided to go find somewhere to eat at for lunch, and.. He strolled into the same Burger King as Jack, Moe 'n' co, with his hands in his pockets. "..I wonder what I'll have today. The same greasy fries and burger, probably." he muttered to himself, staring up at the menu.
Old January 20, 2012, 02:33:13 AM
Landorus

Vinnie sat at a table on the second floor of the mall, observing Jack and Moe through the large open area in the floor that was over the court. He saw Jack pull out a gun, and noticed a mob of gangsters storming towards him. Vinnie grabbed hold of the railing. (I can't just fire a shot now. Too many civilians.) He thought. (Hold on a minute.) Vinnie got an idea. Keeping his eye on Jack, he made his way to the fire alarm. (Now, if they try anything...) Vinnie thought open-endedly.
Old January 20, 2012, 04:47:23 AM
Kyurem

Eventually, Jack noticed that someone was telling the gangsters not to attack. A familiar man came, holding an assault rifle. "I believe I've been ordered to kill you."

Jack didn't know how he knew, but he was from the mob. He tried his best to act calm. He smiled. "Those mob guys have finally grown brains, eh? Sending the big guys after us." He knew that if he let his guard down, even for a second, he would be dead.

Last edited by NismoZ; January 20, 2012 at 04:52:09 AM.
Old January 21, 2012, 05:52:49 PM
Shaymin

Kellie walked out but suddenly froze in her place. She had noticed some gansters in the distance. Almost instinctly, Kellie started walking the opposite direction hoping she wouldn't get noticed.