Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

View Poll Results: Rotom, SHOULD be a legend or not?
Legend 2 8.70%
Pseudo 5 21.74%
Normal 13 56.52%
DUNNO 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old November 14, 2010, 12:50:18 AM
Celebi

Default What do you think Rotom SHOULD be?

This thread is to discuss what Rotom SHOULD be, not what he already is. I personally think he should be a legend because he has legend battle music in D/P/Pt and he doesn't evolve and... (comes up with 20 more reasons why) ...and he is usually thought to be a legend by most people.
Old November 14, 2010, 10:52:02 AM
Giratina

There's a giant moth in B/W that's an "interact" Pokémon, but that doesn't mean it's legendary.
Old November 14, 2010, 12:33:42 PM
Shaymin

Well now that this is moved to debate, I can be serious.

I think they should just be normal. Not really any reason for them to be legendary.
Old November 14, 2010, 02:25:27 PM
Regigigas

As a Rotom myself, I can safely say that Rotom is not a legendary Pokémon.
Although Rotom has legendary music, I'd assume it was an oversight by Nintendo. And despite the fact that it is encountered only once, many other Pokémon are encountered only once in other games (like the Fire/Bug moth in B/W/G) and they aren't considered legendary.
Now let's get down to the most important subject- the forme-changing.
The item that allows access to the room in the Eterna City Team Galactic HQ in Platinum (no event is required for HG/SS, B/W via the Department Store's basement) was given out via event. Yes, it was an event, but lots of other Pokémon with special modifications (COUGH DRAGONITE COUGH) were given out via event, and that didn't make them legendary.
In addition, Rotom can breed multiple copies of itself via a Ditto. As a rule, legendary Pokémon cannot breed at all. Simply the fact that Rotom is not in the No Eggs group isn't enough to suade people; Instead, they apply the Manaphy Defense. The Manaphy Defense states that, since Manaphy is a legendary Pokémon and can breed, egg groups mean nothing to determine a Pokémon's legendary status. These people are wrong. Although Manaphy can breed (albeit with a Ditto), it cannot breed itself, instead only producing a Phione which, in turn, can only breed more Phiones. This also proves that Phione is not a legendary Pokémon.
Digging back into the ancient textbooks, the old http://pokemon.com/ had a Mailbag, where visitors would send in questions, and a few would be answered each week. One user asked if Rotom was a Legendary Pokémon due to the music that played in D/P/Pt and the different formes. Straight-up from the Horsea's mouth, the site stated that Rotom was, in fact, not a legendary Pokémon.
So there you have it; Rotom is not a legendary, and nothing can be changed about it other than its formes and type. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Old November 14, 2010, 02:27:13 PM
Landorus

I personally have no Idea. Rotom can be what Rotom wants I guess.
Old November 14, 2010, 02:36:43 PM
Regigigas

I think that it should just be normal since Urugamoth is a interactable pokemon that isn't legendary.
Old November 14, 2010, 02:54:18 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
There's a giant moth in B/W that's an "interact" Pokémon, but that doesn't mean it's legendary.
^ That (which I posted before Nin already while this was in /b/uizel in a more spammy way)

>:V

But srsly from what I know of Rotom the stats aren't even as good as legendaries' stats
Old November 14, 2010, 03:28:00 PM
Kyurem

Meh, mediocre stats and the fact that its breed-able does not make Rotom seem very legendary at all. This is also the reason why Phione isn't considering legendary, but mostly its because of the breeding part.
Old November 16, 2010, 05:29:20 AM
Celebi

The breeding part does break a rule, but what does Urugamoth have to do with Rotom.
Old November 16, 2010, 03:54:28 PM
Celebi

I personally dont think Rotom is legendary material because doesn't have such great stats, its breedable, and it doesnt really fit in with other legends, except for the Alt. forme part.
Old November 16, 2010, 08:01:15 PM
Floatzel

I think he should be psuedo, with better stats.
Old November 18, 2010, 11:28:04 AM
Kyurem

I say pseudo; it's rare, but not only obtainable at a certain point in the game like other legends. That and I always thought of Rotom as a pseudo.
Old November 27, 2010, 05:10:25 PM
Volcarona

I think it should be normal. It just doesn't seem to be powerful enough to be legendary when compared to the likes of Palkia or Dragonite.

Last edited by LucarioMario; November 27, 2010 at 05:11:02 PM.